Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:53:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Items
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Items  (Read 139584 times)
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:53 AM »

Awards mean a lot. At least more than one

fixed
InhumanUndeadGames
« Reply #701 on: October 06, 2010, 06:24:14 PM »

I've been wanting to contribute. But, I want to suggest Meat Boy as one of the support characters first of all.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 06, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »

I've been wanting to contribute. But, I want to suggest Meat Boy as one of the support characters first of all.
You realize there is a topic for support characters, and Meat Boy is already there?
InhumanUndeadGames
« Reply #703 on: October 07, 2010, 03:06:42 AM »

You realize there is a topic for support characters, and Meat Boy is already there?
The link in the OP is broken. Also, I kinda figured.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

Sorry about the broken link. It's been fixed.  Smiley

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »

The sprout from minecraft. (Shrub-like object that falls from destroyed leaves and grows into trees)

Throwable object.

A few seconds after it lands on the ground, it grows into a cross-section of a minecraft tree made of solid blocks. (Pushes people back when it grows so they don't get stuck it it.) The leaves blocks would get destroyed after 1 hit of anything, but the trunk blocks would have a bit of heath and take a few hits. The leaves decay if the trunk is destroyed completely.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »

I hatched an idea for an item!

Pikopiko Hammer (Tontie)
 A hammer that deals strong attacks. (I found this game in TIGdb)
Link to the game: http://www.eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2004/05/tontie_ver1.html
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »

The sprout sounds an awful lot like Naija's seed.

The hammer sounds like a weapon. Indie Brawl isn't going to have weapons, because it takes too much work to create separate animations for every character using the item.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 07, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

It could be thrown, then floats in the air for a bit before whacking down on whoever runs into it.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: November 07, 2010, 06:45:09 PM »

It's kind of like Naija's seed, but it creates a solid wall that acts like a platform/wall.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 09, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

now that i think about it will sticky bomb deal friendly fire? because it would be awesome get sticked by your weak enemy on purpose to chase him and make him suffer (evil laugh Cheesy)

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 10, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »

that would be cool, i agree
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 03, 2010, 04:57:17 AM »

The sprout sounds an awful lot like Naija's seed.

The hammer sounds like a weapon. Indie Brawl isn't going to have weapons, because it takes too much work to create separate animations for every character using the item.

Okay, I totally understand.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 19, 2011, 02:15:19 PM »

So, I was thinking the other day than, besides from Reimu and Marisa, we got nothing from Touhou, so how about one of these:
-Bomb Square (probably all the danmaku Touhous): Player gets surrounded by "Fantasy Seal" spellcard (the Reimu one wich consist of spining rainbow energy ball-things) for a short time (4-5 seconds). While the effect stills the player has an improved defense and can use the ball-things to hit players while they're spining (kind of like curry on SSBB).
-Power Square: Player strenght increase until the player dies (say, 2 extra damage to all attacks, minus 1 damage taken). Maximum 3 to prevent ultra god mode.

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »

So, I was thinking the other day than, besides from Reimu and Marisa, we got nothing from Touhou, so how about one of these:
Yeah, Touhou only gets a main character. Wink

-Bomb Square (probably all the danmaku Touhous): Player gets surrounded by "Fantasy Seal" spellcard (the Reimu one wich consist of spining rainbow energy ball-things) for a short time (4-5 seconds). While the effect stills the player has an improved defense and can use the ball-things to hit players while they're spining (kind of like curry on SSBB).
Eh. Could be okay, most people probably wouldn't recognize it. Reimu already has a bomb-inspired move.

-Power Square: Player strenght increase until the player dies (say, 2 extra damage to all attacks, minus 1 damage taken). Maximum 3 to prevent ultra god mode.
I think this would be a pretty boring effect, since it doesn't actually change the way the game is played once you pick it up. If it were implemented, it would have to be a percentage-based effect, or fast- and multi-attackers would get an insane boost.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »

clot crystal yo

BRINGIN IT BACK

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic