Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:16:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show off your sketchup models!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: show off your sketchup models!  (Read 10042 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2009, 01:18:57 AM »

So now that I've created that big tutorial thread on SketchUp, here's a topic to show everyone the cool stuff you're making!  Beer!
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:54:33 AM »

This isn't recent or anything but it's relevant I think. I used sketchup for the level in my platform game demo, it was great for blocking out a level really quickly.

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:31:32 AM »

May I ask a quick question, where do I need to put the texture files for sketchup to see them if I'm importing a 3ds model?

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:45:22 AM »

I made a house thing:

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »

here's the start of a "badguy" jet.  I aim to make this one slightly lower-poly so a dev can throw boatloads of these onscreen at once without fear polygon crunch.

I got a mockup coming in a little bit that might just knock your socks off.

On a side note, I'll do some tutorials as soon as I get a cohesive method to my madness. Right now I'm relying on happy accidents and my personal aesthetic.  That's about it
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

Yes, it's edited in photoshop  Cry
Nick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »

I don't really use Sketchup much, but i used it to create a 3d craft for my F-zero like racer as a sort of poster/title image thing.

Actual gameplay: http://www.nicandreb.f2s.com/2d8games/superboostforce/sbfvelocitygarden.jpg
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »

update to badguy plane Smiley wings for aerodynamics help

slow results, i totally f'nankered the last 2 hrs of work so im playing catchup
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 04:44:21 PM »

in near-final form (i never stop tweaking)

Air Raid!

Candlejack
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »

Please tell me you're working on a game that uses these.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Oh, candlejack. I wish I were.  I can't code much of anything.  But please, anyone who's got an idea for a fun arcade-ey action game that needs flat-shadey goodness, HIT ME UP I'LL POLYGON SO MUCH STUFF YOUR EYES WILL SPIN!

that bein said, ya. hit me up devs.  tell me what you're thinkin' of
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 05:43:45 PM »

Dang, his missile is massive!

He must have used an internet service for that size!  :D
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »

I've got a couple neat ideas for polygonal games, but admittedly I'm not quite sure what I'm make them in as Game Maker isn't exactly well suited for 3D, and it's the only game making program that I currently know.

Basically, the idea is for a flight racing game.  Think Wipeout, except without the tracks.  You'd fly cool ships through a futuristic urban framework; between buildings, through pipes, etc.  As far as I know it's never been done (or done well), so I think it would be really cool.  Quite a big project though, and I think it would require a small team.  That style of model is exactly what I'd envision though.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »

That sounds great, architekt, but yeah, sounds like a big project. I'd trust you to create such environments, though. The closest example that comes to mind is

, which wasn't very good, though it had some F-Zeroish music.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »

Yeah, that seems pretty grounded in comparison with what I'm thinking (though I think you knew that).  It would have to be fast, and really insane; probably with a good HUD that let you know when you were approaching a sharp turn (there would be sharp turns of course; maybe even some where you're nose-diving and have to quickly pull up before hitting the pavement!).

I dunno; this is one of those things that I'd try and make a 1 level demo for if I knew a good program to do it in.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

what about something sort of akin to what A New Zero is doing, except less strategey based?

I envision lush oceans dotted with islands and bays, air bases.  Each mission would involve flying to a series of waypoints on the map to destroy targets (i.e boats, zepplins, tank colums, factories) and the final waypoint would be a "boss battle" that varies.  (Down a top enemy ace, destroy a ICBM silo before a certain period of time, land and rescue a downed pilot)

The physics could still play out like a 3d version of sopwith with both you and the enemy planes larking through the air in acrobatic fashions.  Perhaps a weak lock-on system for the machineguns, and a more precise one for missiles.

I dream of air-combat in a whimsical oldskool flightsim way.  Colorful, easy, and memorable.  Any volunteers?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 12:20:56 AM »

You know, something sort of like this

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »

ok this is it and i'm done hijacking the thread

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »

I mean, I technically know how I'd make some of that, but I'd REALLY love to see how you do it!  So yeah, if you could try and do some video capture (I think I'd recommended CamStudio), that would be AMAZING!!!  Beer!
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »

I'm probably in the minority here but whatever is done with low-poly planes it really needs a dash of Wing War added to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic