Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:41:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPONCHO!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: PONCHO!  (Read 8061 times)
ElVaquero
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »

Wow, art looks great and I really dig the peaceful exploration gameplay. Would be interested to know if the game will provide goals for the player somehow or if it's totally self-directed?

Also the mechanic reminds me of Inside A Star Filled Sky, but way prettier!
Danny Hayes
Level 1

An Indie developer, co-Creator of PONCHO!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »

Wow, art looks great and I really dig the peaceful exploration gameplay. Would be interested to know if the game will provide goals for the player somehow or if it's totally self-directed?

Thanks! Yeah, the player is basically told to find this red tower where the maker resides, somewhere in the ruins and forests at the beginning. But generally, yeah it's all self directed exploration.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »

This sounds and looks good. What effect will the ecosystems have on gameplay? Will the individual creatures matter in terms of providing obstacles or interaction, or will they serve a more atmospheric role?

superflyninja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 02:21:31 AM »

Really interesting idea and love the art!
Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 02:36:54 AM »

Very interesting mechanics here.

I think robots wearing hats might be a massive technological step forward. I don't know how you are going to pull it off. But good luck!

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 06:00:34 AM »

This sounds and looks good. What effect will the ecosystems have on gameplay? Will the individual creatures matter in terms of providing obstacles or interaction, or will they serve a more atmospheric role?

Yeah, the ecosystems are mostly atmospheric. It's things like frogs, beetles, worms, birds, and loads of little robots scuttling about, that all react to poncho's presence in different ways to make the world feel more alive. But there are also a handful of creatures that speak to you and give hints about the old world before the apocalypse and such. The eco system thing is frosting on the cake essentially.  Smiley

matwek
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 08:28:34 AM »

We have a new update on our kickstarter! FEBRUARY 20th!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1971413574/poncho-an-open-world-puzzle-platformer/posts/1130340

Almost there guys...

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »

NEW SCREENSHOT! Say hello to the tribes of the PONCHO world! Azn

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »

Nice pixel art, nice game  Gomez

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 06:01:35 AM »

Hey guys! We have a new screenshot for you all, and some big announcements are happening over the next week... stay tuned!

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 05:18:38 AM »

Hey all! I'm happy to announce that PONCHO is now coming to Wii U! Also, we have a new goddamn trailer! :D

WATCH THIS TRAILER

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

The trailer looks really cute. Awesome pixel art.

Congrats on the WiiU release Gentleman

The Janker
Level 0

More Code!!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

This looks amazing, can't wait to add to my steam library and play with a good old SNES controller... please tell me it's simple enough to play with a usb SNES controller adapter! any rough idea on a release date? So I know to keep my eye's open?
tjpalmer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 05:13:46 AM »

Looks like a really cool game, and robots always rock.

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »

Well it's been bloody ages since I posted here, about time! Anyway, here's what's been going on with Poncho....

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

The moment has finally come! We can now confirm that Poncho will be releasing in... September! So hold on just a little longer, soon you'll be able to explore the beautiful world of Poncho... WE'RE SO EXCITED!!!! Azn

Well now that's out of the way, what else has been happening?

Console builds done!

Well now we've got the console builds up and running, we have to say it's awesome seeing Poncho on the big screen! We're about to send the game off to nintendo and sony, apparently they really like what they've seen of the game so far, so that's a good sign.

Languages!

Some of you have been asking what languages Poncho will support on release. We are happy to announce that the game will be releasing in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese! We may add more later, but this seems like a good start.

EGX

That's right, we will be returning to EGX this year to meet you lovely people and show off the game! Come say hi, all of us will be there. We have some other shows in the works as well, we'll be announcing where else poncho will be appearing soon.

A lovely review!

Syfy games has done a lovely preview of Poncho, if you're wondering what the game will be like when you finally get it, then check it out in the link below!

http://www.syfygames.com/news/article/poncho-is-simultaneously-familiar-and-charming-

Screenshots!

Take a look at how the world has been progressing...

Like our Facebook page!

If you haven't already, you should like our Facebook page for Poncho! We post updates more regularly on there, and soon we'll be running some cool competitions that might even involve the giveaway of a few steam keys...  If you were a true fan, you'd check it out! :D

http://www.facebook.com/ponchogame

In closing...

This has been an incredible journey. Soon Poncho will be released, and everyone will be able to play the best thing I have ever worked on. I hope you like what you see when it finally comes out, till then,  farewell till next time!

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2015, 06:22:34 AM »

It's Screenshot Saturday! This week we have the ruins of the old ones, what do you guys think?

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »

Screenshotsaturday time! Here's a pic of some concept art we did when first designing Poncho, what do you think of it?

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 08:09:11 AM »

Looking forward to the release of Poncho. It has been a long road. Cheers!

Danny Hayes
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »

Hey thanks! Yeah 3 years is a long time...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic