Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 07:37:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHollow Knight: A 2d adventure set in a surreal world of insects and heroes!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hollow Knight: A 2d adventure set in a surreal world of insects and heroes!  (Read 3144 times)
wilbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd take the chance to introduce our current project to everyone: Hollow Knight!

I'm part of Team Cherry, and we've been working on the game for a few months now. It's a 2D action adventure, with a focus on gorgeous, atmospheric art and fluid, challenging gameplay. The game is set in the vast, underground world of Hallownest. Our inspirations have been Metroid, Faxanadu, Zelda 2, and other similar 2D games.

I could go on and on about the game, but the best introduction for it is to watch the trailer on our Kickstarter page! Yup, another indie Kickstarter! I'm sure you all know how expensive and time consuming game development is haha! We decided to try and reach out on Kickstarter for some support. Wish us luck!

Anyway, I hope you go check the Kickstarter out, if only to see all the info and images and the trailer.
PappaWayne
Level 0

Twitter: @pappasgamez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:41:46 AM »

Really cool art style! Hope the Kickstarter goes well

wilbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:43:09 AM »

Really cool art style! Hope the kickstarer goes well

Thanks heaps! So do I, haha. Seems to be on track, I think what we need is just to get it featured on a big site or two, eg. Destructoid or Kotaku. Fingers crossed!
Captain Turtle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »

It looks really promising. I look forward to seeing more of your game.
Best of luck with your Kickstarter.

Follow me on Twitter: @Mr_LazyTurtle
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:22:59 AM »

Wonderful art !

I voted your greenlight, really hope you're going to make it ! Only thing I'm concerned about is : is 35k really enough for three of you to achieve it ? Doesn't sound that much.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

really impressive art and color scheme, hope to see this getting funded
BishopGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »

My jaw dropped when I stumbled upon your Kickstarter a few days ago. My team and I really dig what you guys are doing with Hollow Knight. I shared your Kickstarter page on our social medias, hopefully it wins you a few more backers. I will also try to gather a few bucks to pledge. Good luck!

Co-founder at http://bishopgames.com/ and http://lightfallgame.com/
Currently working on our first title called Light Fall
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bishopgamesstudio
and Twitter: https://twitter.com/BishopGamesStd
wilbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It feels really good to finally be showing th e game off after all our hard work.

@BishopGames: Thanks heaps! We've been going crazy trying to blitz social media, and it's fantastic when people help us out!

@skaz: Only two of us are working full time, but you're right, the budget is shoestring! But we've worked it all out and even though it means being extremely poor for six months, that 35K should carry us through to June.
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:03:27 AM »

Hollow Knight! This game looks beautiful, awesome. I hope the remainder of the Kickstarter goes to plan!  Wink

I especially like this image:

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
deroesi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »

very nice artstyle... interactive ghibli Wink keep it up!

.....the computer is just a toy, you are the tool.

my cg portfolio - www.shaidacher.com
my indie project - http://moldgame.wordpress.com
KeinZantezuken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »

Releasing in 12hrs by the way.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:59:39 AM »

Oh wow, this looks cool! Definitely giving it a try.

Dylan @ Sparkling Society
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 05:03:06 AM »

Outstanding! I love how crisp the characters move in front of the rich backgrounds. Keep up the great work!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic