Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:36:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignYour Game Is Bullshit
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Your Game Is Bullshit  (Read 11278 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:06 AM »

that's kinda sad tho

if youre a dickhead and look down on other people for that sorta thing then yeah sure

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »

that's kinda sad tho

if youre a dickhead and look down on other people for that sorta thing then yeah sure
I didn't say I don't enjoy it or that people shouldn't do it.
But that statement was kinda sad to read. That's all, lol.
Like, the distinction between "traditional" artists and whoever does that.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Canned Turkey
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »

I didn't say I don't enjoy it or that people shouldn't do it.
But that statement was kinda sad to read. That's all, lol.
Like, the distinction between "traditional" artists and whoever does that.

I don't think it's sad to play to your advantages.
People like 'minimalist' art when it's done good, look at games like Thomas was alone. The art is that was just shapes.
Just because you're not a good artist doesn't mean you can't make something look visually pleasing.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »

Well...

1. I need to make some decent art; but within the limitations that the game tints the sprites according to their abilities.

2. Some class of moving platforms, or platforming widgets would make the game considerably more interesting; but it would require a rework of the physics (which I'm actually already doing in the follow-up).

3. All things considered, I think too much semi-high level AI is present, it needs some simple crawlys and sine-wave flyers, or something like that.

4. Either I need to dedicate one of each creature type to being a boss, or make newer, funner bosses. Ones that are actually interesting. I need to learn to code wormy stuff; this is mostly Visual Basic. It's being considerably nicer to me than GML was. (Is that odd?)

5. Debating on whether or not to give enemies Grappling Hook, just for fun and flavor. It won't damage the player, but will jerk them in their direction. This can lead to sequence-breaking strats, but not consistently.

6. It really needs a self-destruct, in case the player gets stuck. It's not often, but it happens once in a while and it sucks. And sometimes players can make it out of weird situations, but they're too lazy to.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic