Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:13:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUntitled Strategy MMO! [ Pokemon vs Digimon vs Battleships ]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Strategy MMO! [ Pokemon vs Digimon vs Battleships ]  (Read 1834 times)
Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »

Welcome folks,

Some of you might know my other projects, "Ziros Online" and "nGod", but due to nGod's programmer being extremely busy, dev on that has stopped, Ziros however the technology was not enough to support the game I "Wanted" to do.

So i decided to plan the crap out of my new MMO, make it so technology WILL be able to support, plus its kind of a dream project for me.

My inpsiration is the Skill sets,Elemental system and Overworld Gameplay from Pokemon, the Monster Evolution Tree's from Digimon, and Battle mechanics from Battleships.

When you start you select from some options (per Monster in your team... all 3 monsters are played at the same time, and have there own individual stats).

MOVE: Move your monster 1 square, left, right, up or down.
ATTACK: Attack a square similar to a skill from pokemon called "Tackle".
SPECIAL: Use a magical/special skill most are AOE. (Special attacks can be Physical or Magical Property'd.)

Every one moves first, no matter what, than the remaining monsters do there attacks/specials in order of there speed. (Highest Speed going first).
Simple right?!.

I wanted to move away from level evolution, and branch more into "Item" Evolution, you give your baby monster a piece of wood to eat, and you will more than likely evolve into a "Twig" monster, and it keeps breaking down through-out. (On this note, you could have a Titan Monster with a lvl 5.) ( stages of Monster as of Today are, Baby > Novice > Champion > Titan. )

Another addition i added was Monster Class's, so you can have a "Rogue" "Squidy" with increased Speed and Attack, or a "Cleric" "Laras" with increased Magical Abilities.

Another mechanic i also thought was needed, was a "Mana" System, so each monster has its own set "Mana" (everything is based from stats including regen), each Special requires a certain amount, and the rest is pretty explanatory, however, to regenerate your "Mana/Enegery" you need to keep on moving!.

The game is fully online, and will be supported HOPEFULLY on many Platforms, including Consoles.

And now i leave you with a few Images...
A House i sprited:

An Early Prototype of the battle system:

My first Magical Skill in this world, Criss Cross a Neutral Special Attack:

PS: Everything mentioned here, is already in game, excluding Evolution.

You can follow some random updates on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/efinsi

Thank you tigsource for following my game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:15:32 PM by Seki » Logged

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:18:35 AM »

Pretty interesting stuff with evolution trees as a primary mean of progression.
I like the sprites you got, but I think it would work much better if the pixel size of all fonts matched the pixel size of the sprites Smiley

Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

Better?:

Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »

Wow guys, what an update, Added alot of stuff.

More content than Uniqueness, polished up the battle engine, added some Unique Skills like Flamethrower[temp name].

FlameThrower:

As I speak, I am redoing the player sprite, as i felt it didn't fit that well with where i was going...

Which allowed me to do a nice smooth 4 frame run!:

Also did a new Evoltuion (Without a split tree Evo):

So far, we have a total of 8 Monsters... But were trying to keep them hidden, until final!

Thank you guys!

Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 03:01:50 AM »

Do you guys like our totally original monsters we designed from scratch?!:

DAILY UPDATE:
ADDED: Character Customization.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:10:55 AM by Seki » Logged

danieru
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 04:57:25 AM »

I like the aesthetics and it looks like an interesting game but please do not ruin it by giving nintendo a copyright claim over your work. Those new monsters are clear derivatives. Your art will look better and be easier to produce when you get away from the example material and let your brain think.

Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »

Sorry Danieru, it was always intended as a joke... Because of the mechanics of my game...

I was kinda being sarcastic, but it mustnt have transferred via Internet...

We would never use Copyrighted material... Sorry =/

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »

Hehe, this looks like it could be fun. Following.
Also, OP, the link on your signature is wrong.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »

Thank you alvarop, now fixed Smiley

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »

I like the sprites! The item evolution is an interesting idea. Can't wait to see where this game goes.  Smiley

Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »

Wow thank you TNERB, you even followed us, and looking at your game, and getting that feedback from you, great feeling.  Crazy

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic