Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:17:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGREENLIGHT - Love You to Bits [A crazy point & click space quest]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: GREENLIGHT - Love You to Bits [A crazy point & click space quest]  (Read 15976 times)
Alike Studio
Level 0

Game Developers of Love You to Bits

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

What would you do for love? Would you reach the very edge of the cosmos?

Love you to bits is a purely visual point & click sci-fi adventure. You follow the epic journey of a tiny human explorer whose robot girlfriend has been torn into pieces. All of them scattered around the universe: you’ll visit dozens of planets full of fantastic aliens, space-time puzzles and hidden objects to collect.

• Release Date: 2015 (2nd term, aprox)
  • Platform: iOS (on release date), later on Android/PC/Mac
  • Our website: www.loveyoutobitsgame.com
  • Our launch trailer:

• A selection of levels:

Who are we?

We all were key members of Tiny Thief’s creative & programming team. It was a great experience, but we decided to take a leap into the indie world. And we’re excited! So, “Love you to bits” is the result of the collaboration of Alike Studio and Pati.io, two brand new studios located in our sunny hometown Barcelona (in Spain).
We just want to do cool games with compelling puzzle mechanics and crafted, stylized animation. Now we have more freedom to experiment and push the game design, our animation skills and the storyline of the game itself. You’ve seen it in the trailer: there’s room for epic drama in our crazy colored adventure game. Boom.

We’ll try to post lots of stuff here weekly, for sure.

And you can check our twitters and stuff too:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:32:44 AM by Alike Studio » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »

Nearly perfect in so many aspects yet ruined for me by being another damsel in distress story where the protagonist is a nasty killer. Concerned

You're going to do great with this, tho, no doubt. It looks amazing. Hand Thumbs Up Left Sorry for my pessimism.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:38:14 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »

Looks fantastic, great job so far. After seeing the trailer I really want to know more!

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »

I thought you wouldn't be able to improve Tiny Thief, but Love You to Bits looks already even better. Can't wait to try it!

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »

Have a plot twist at the end where the protagonist was just describing the things he would do for love, not actually doing them. Or something.
 Shrug

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 08:17:04 AM »

Nearly perfect in so many aspects yet ruined for me by being another damsel in distress story where the protagonist is a nasty killer. Concerned

Hey Prinsessa! Don’t worry: this is not a classic love story. We want to subvert some tropes, because this is a story about relationships… and so far we can say. Also, our target is all kinds of players, and the violence depicted is mild, cartoony and related to every puzzle logic. Intellect -and not brute force- is the main skill of our hero.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! We have tons of stuff to share with you soon!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:57:37 AM by Alike Studio » Logged

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »

It really looks beautiful, nice ambiance, character design and animation. i'm really looking forward this project.

Still, I agree with Prinsessa. Even if you want to want to subvert some tropes, it is a Damsel in Distress plot, that is one of the most common sexist stereotype in game. This project is far too promissing for that. It would really be a shame!

If you haven't yet, you should definitely watch

, especially the

Women deserve better than being a Damsel in Distress. Event if most players are male, you shouldn't forget women. For my last RPG game, two third of the registrated users were men, but three quarters of the active players were women. There is a real need from women for non-stereotypical game. And there is a real need in our society to end up prejudices in game.

Why not changing the role, with a female explorer fighting to save her robot boyfriend? From what I could see, it might not be too difficult to make such a change. You could even use the same sprite (it could perfectly fit to a woman) or change few parts of the body (since it looks like squeleton animation, it might not be so much a problem).

My two cents.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:27:23 PM by DrSchizo » Logged

One day, I will live in theory, because in theory, everything is possible!
Devlogs: Wind Fortress (RPG) and Sandbox Adventure (Visual Novels)
Lux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 02:40:35 PM »

I have f.lux on right now, but I love the colors. Very atmospheric and tasteful.

Enric (pati.io)
Level 0

Game Developer on Love You To Bits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 01:38:15 AM »

If you haven't yet, you should definitely watch

, especially the

They are really great DrSchizo I enjoyed a lot all of them and it was really funny to see TinyThief in the third one.

We are already discussing about the plot, it's a really important part and we will try to do it as best as we can.
And thanks to all, that has been really helpful.

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 04:35:33 AM »

This looks gorgeous! Looking forward to this one! :-)

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:26 AM »

beautiful :D

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »

Lively animation is really important for us, we don’t want anything to look… motionless. That’s why we always try to fill all levels with cool moving objects and background characters.

For instance, here you are some of the NPC of one of our levels. They’re just background characters, yeah, but we’ve animated them with lots of care. We care about these little guys.

Felix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »

Looks and sounds amazing  Smiley Congrats!
Donutttt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 12:47:25 AM »

Nice style!
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 06:08:14 AM »

Looking absolutely gorgeous. The trailer fullscreen at 1080 is a treat.
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 06:44:05 AM »

damn, everything about this looks amazing.
not a big fan of point and clicks, but this is still impressive work, good job.
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »

Wow, looks amazing! Love the color use, variation and especially all the small little details in the animation, just makes it look so polished.  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right 

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »

Hola! Love you to bits looks really nice. Just saw the trailer. This is really cool... Just can't wait to play it! Enhorabuena señores!

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »

Fast rough sketches of a level. When we have an idea for a level, we literally put pen to paper superfast, and sometimes this is the result: weird, incomprehensible but useful sketches.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:36:09 AM by Alike Studio » Logged

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »

Ah this looks excellent once again, was following your work for a while and this one might very well be the best incoming game you've got guys.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic