Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:50:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGREENLIGHT - Love You to Bits [A crazy point & click space quest]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: GREENLIGHT - Love You to Bits [A crazy point & click space quest]  (Read 15987 times)
Enric (pati.io)
Level 0

Game Developer on Love You To Bits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »

For us being a small team, we think the best approach to have a great game is to be able to modify anything as fast as possible. So we are working hard on having the maximum amount of tools to modify anything at runtime.

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »

While you're on the subject of technical stuff, is this art on vectors or bitmap?
Enric (pati.io)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »

While you're on the subject of technical stuff, is this art on vectors or bitmap?

At the moment we are working with vectors and when the project is completed we will have so many animations for the mobile version that I think vectors is our best option.
 What we still have to decide is how we will render that, Scaleform was the solution used in the Tiny Thief project but I'm not sure if we will follow the same path this time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:32:20 PM by Enric (pati.io) » Logged

Alike Studio
Level 0

Game Developers of Love You to Bits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 08:22:35 AM »

This is the graphic evolution of a level background. We first sketch it to keep to idea simple and tangible, on paper. Then we take our time to hand out all the details inside the level. Afterwards, color tests! We test and test till we find the right color palette (and balance). Next steps, vector line and coloring. And, in the end, we add highlights, texture and the animated elements. Voilà! But geez, many times we’re not satisfied, and we add and polish lots of details, changing the final result.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:39:54 AM by Alike Studio » Logged

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »

We’re trying to stuff all our levels with interactive objects not directly related to… how to solve the level itself. Just for fun. We like this feeling of exploring, or drifting. Or sometimes, the player can doubt if an object needs to be used to finish the level or not. Just click everywhere!

Zimra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 09:01:49 AM »

Love you to bits looks brilliant, and I'm glad you intend on subverting tropes, this promises interesting surprises. Plus I like point & click, so I can't wait Smiley

JustRadek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »

Looks really cool; how much later do you think the PC version will be? I know you guys brought Tiny Thief onto Steam not that long after its iOS debut.

Enric (pati.io)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:36 AM »

It's hard to say because at the moment we haven't discussed in depth about that but guessing a little I would say that is going to be a bit longer.

The ideas that have come up for the PC version, for example: a pad, play the levels without stages( so the stage will be bigger but the experience will be smooth and better I think). All this means a bigger amount of time than Tiny Thief but we think is going to be worth it for the player.

As soon as we have any decision regarding the PC version (timings, port...) we will update here.

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »

We spent all day with this water fx animation. As you can see we use flash and a lot of patience.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 08:08:47 AM »

Is it dynamic and you mean you spent all day fiddling with the code to get it to look and work correctly, or do you mean you created this specific animation, as a pre-rendered "video"/animation for the game?

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »

Is it dynamic and you mean you spent all day fiddling with the code to get it to look and work correctly, or do you mean you created this specific animation, as a pre-rendered "video"/animation for the game?

No code here. It's a handmade vectorial frame by frame animation mixed with shape tweens. You can see it if you look closer on the flash timeline. We made every part separately and then we mixed them. That's why we talked about patience  Smiley

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »

We love referential comedy. In fact, our levels are full of referential jokes to other video games we play and admire, as an homage. They’re nods to the players, and we want them to be simple background jokes, with no real transcendence in relation to the level and its puzzles.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:12:23 AM by Alike Studio » Logged

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »

Sometimes, it’s not easy to nail the perfect color palette for a level. In this level, for example, we were testing and (over)thinking until we finally found something to be proud of and say: THIS IS IT.

BeaKManiak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »

The game looks great! Nice vector work. At first we thought of doing our game in vectors too, but in the end we decided to do it in a more traditional bitmap-y way. ¡Felicidades!

Migni: The Last Flame - DevLog | IndieDB | Minduck Studios
gghani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 06:55:33 AM »

Just discovered this project and alredy love it!

¡Enhorabuena chicos!
Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »

Who doesn’t love crossovers? We proudly announce that Subject W, the tentacular alien from “Paradise Lost” will make a guest appearance in a level of Love You to Bits! We really admire the work of Asthree Works, our Spanish indie compatriots, and a slippery alien like Subject W needed to take part of our crazy space world.

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »

If you think we use skeletal animation… nope, that’s not our style. We use a lot of layers in Flash, alternating motion and shape tweens, switching symbols or modifying them frame by frame, if necessary. We tried other ways and softwares for animating, but at the very end… this is what gives us more freedom, this is how we feel more comfortable as animators. The crucial idea is to control the vector at any moment.

Seaport
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »

ths all looks really good, looking forward to seeing more!

Fayer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

This project looks awesome, I'll follow the development for sure. I think I read everything but didn't find the answer, what are you using to make the game? Is it flash?

¡Saludos desde México!

Alike Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Hi everyone!

We're sorry for all this time without updates: we've been really immersed -non-stop, relentlessly- into the development of "Love You to Bits". We want you to play the best premium game we can craft, so we need to push back a little bit our release date to late fall. Meanwhile, check these new screenshots of some unseen levels!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic