Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:06:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFrog Tale - a metroidvania game for touch devices
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Frog Tale - a metroidvania game for touch devices  (Read 24026 times)
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »

Looks good. Interesting choice for the main character, too.

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2015, 11:51:24 AM »

Loving the graphics. There's lots of retro/pixel games being released now, but I think the pixel art going on here is a lot better than the average.

I don't think you've mentioned how the frog gets controlled? Platformers tend to be pretty clunky on mobiles devices, is it a tap to hop in a direction type control system?

Thanks for the generous feedback!

The controll is pretty simple but very smooth. Tapping on the left side or right side, triggers a hop in respective direction. There is variable jumpheight as it should in platformers. The most detachement from other platformers is that you arent running, but jumping. Which is also the fundamental design of the game.
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »

Hey man!, I love it. I really like the art but the fact you thought about creating a nice way to control the game in mobile really sold it to me.

I think I read somewhere in your twitter you were going full indie with this game. Do you have a publisher or a plan to get one?

It is in the description on the top of this thread. I am currently funding it from my own pocket. No external funds at the moment.
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »

This looks like a phenomenal project! :D

Will it be available on iPad as well as iPhone? And will you be needing TestFlight testers? I'd love to pitch in.

I thank you for your interest! I will provide builds for most devices and platforms. I am not in any testing phase yet. I will remember to check back in this thread when and if i need tester. Thanks for your suggestion =)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2015, 05:16:06 AM »

I super love the animation and feel of the movement. On a side note the crab boss reminds me of ...clawgrip from smb2? Which is one of my favorite classics, all the more reason to be smitten with this project. =)

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2015, 09:34:51 AM »

This looks great! Posting to follow.

You may have already covered this, as I've not really read much (although I have been looking at the pretty pictures) - any idea when you're likely to be releasing this into the wild?

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Agh, everytime I see this I like it more and more! Keep going, I await with baited breath.

mikianthony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »

I really like this concept/game and hope we will see more games like this on mobile.

Any updates? How is the development going? Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic