Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:56:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOverload [BETA]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Overload [BETA]  (Read 3786 times)
dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »

We've had a known issue when the client and server get out of sync occasionally and can only sync up after a player stop command.

To fix this you have to implement a client side simulated move stack, similar to HL2's Networking Model that runs all player moves since the last server confirmation every frame. When the confirmation doesn't match the players position we leak the actual position with the new simulated position.

The networking move stack is the last pre-requisite before doing adrenaline, the ability for the rebel. 

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »

Synchronization is working however long physics moves ~25+ ms with spheres causes objects to reflect far from the source unlike how the server does physics. (It was upgraded) We now need to migrate those changes back to the client. The new networking model now allows for dynamic changes from the server that did not originate from the client. An explosion causing the player's body to fly from the source of the explosion for example.

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »

Happy New Year! Beer! Beer!

Got all the networking synchronization issues worked out. Doug got the new UI with abilities and items. Mika fixed the sniper and I got the new version 69 of threejs. +I also got animation blending in.

We're happy to have abilities for all the classes now:

Adrenaline causes the rebel to increase fire rate, movement speed, and damage reduction.
Anodyne allows the medic to drop a healing aura for a period of time. The Anodyne also does damage to enemies within its range.
Spall rounds gives the sniper a full clip of special uranium coated bullets that do massive damage to health.

Items:
Health Pack - gives the player an instant boost of health
Ammo box - gives the player a full stockpile of ammo
Stim pack - give the player increased damage(we're going to change this)

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »

We're working on the basic version of our tool tips. We have yet to do the comparison to your current item and the selected with either red and green differences.

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »

We've fixed the physics wobble caused by our collision resolution with spheres. As usual, it also causes objects to sometimes slip through barriers.  Angry
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:31:26 AM by dynasty9 » Logged

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »

Physics has been quelled! I've spent some time getting everything ready for production. I've got all the servers up now deploying nicely. Dev instance of everything along with a separate production version. It's starting to feel very official. We will be posting a link to play the "alpha" here soon!

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »

Finishing up some bug fixes and visuals for the abilities for our Game Development Night Meetup next Thursday at Internap in Seattle, WA. You are all welcome to come!

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »

We've got a build machine now and our production build deploying through Jenkins! Our presentation is all ready. I'm giddy for this presentation  Tongue

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

I haven't posted anything visual in awhile so here's the medic Anodyne that heals nearby players and hurts enemies!

danieru
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »

That character/weapon select screen reminds me of Borderlands. The outline around the weapons and text looks fantastic. Have you considered an outline + cell-shaded look for the rest of the game? I think it could be an improvement. The current lighting is making skin look shinny.

dynasty9
Level 0

Let's do this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 06:36:03 PM »

Overload [Beta]
Co-Op • RPG • Robot Slaughter Fest

A new update! We've been busy over the last year and have worked on two iterations. We would love it if you could checkout our progress and help guide us in our development process. Play the beta with the link below!

Now [BETA]

One year ago

Two years ago

Kill. Loot. Escape.

Battle
Through three unique city sectors that pit you and your team against legions of diverse foes, deadly traps, and unpredictable hazards.  

Description
OVERLOAD is a cooperative action RPG where players must journey as far as possible into a randomly generated city, slaying as many robots, completing as many missions, and collecting as much loot as possible.  

Platform
HTML5 Browser

Features
  • A massive campaign - Spanning over 450 city blocks of a unique, randomly generated city
  • Customize your Runner - Choose your appearance, level up, and acquire new abilities and skills
  • Weapons - Over 400,000 unique variations of 36 different weapon systems.
  • Loot - 150,000 Types of Gear

Progress
  • [90%] - Combat
  • [90%] - Movement
  • [80%] - Enemies
  • [75%] - Equipment
  • [60%] - Leveling
  • [15%] - Crafting

TL:DR
Co-op, action combat in the Browser

Pages: 1 [2]
Print