Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:29:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSerious Sams Bogus Detour
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Serious Sams Bogus Detour  (Read 22456 times)
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

They look exactly as similar as one 3/4 view spinning sprite of a tommy gun and any another 3/4 view spinning sprite of a tommy gun.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »

I wasn't really about to post anything in this thread until we actually had something new that wasn't only graphics, but I guess I have to.

I can recognize my style of proportion choice, lighting and and animation out of hundreds of images.
If it comes to your tommygun, I see a lot of my choices in it, but I also can see that those choices made for that particular sprite aren't consistently visible in all of your work.

I'm sure you are really good at what you do and that you can recon your art where ever you see it. The funny thing is that, had I actually made this, it would look more that yours than it does now. We are actually three people making art here, two are 100% dedicated to that.
These weapons were made in Maya and rendered out, cause the artist who made these had issues drawing all 16 angles and it was much faster for him to just model them, render them and then fix the pixel issues.

Just to prepare yourself, we will also make a Ripper weapon, and it will look and behave similar to what you got. You know, cause it's from Unreal Tournament, the FPS, just like the Yellow flak cannon up there, the coming Shock Rifle and Bio Gun. Serious Sam has a flamethrower and Laser Cannon btw and Quake has a Railgun, these are also weapons in our arsenal among all the weapons we have.

Sometimes two or more games developed at the same time can have similar weapons.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:11:52 PM by Hipshot » Logged

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 12:22:10 AM »

Sprite 3 and 4 don't even look like the same sprite let alone 1 and 4.

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 04:54:25 AM »

Could you post a few pictures of the transformation from 3d maya model to 2d sprite? That would kind of be undeniable evidence.

...And I'm just nosy as to how it works.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »

lol
ChrisN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »

I am glad to share the workflow, RujiK!

I am one of the artists working on this cool project.

I've made a little sheet showing the workflow that I have used for some of the weapon and I can assure that I have not used CyangmouArt's tommygun or any of his weapons. I've used this technique for other low res art so I can instantly see how it looks in all angles in a sort-of-pixelart. More examples can be found at my portfolio.

Also a little sneakpeak on the upcoming laserrifle Wizard

Game artist: 3D, VFX, Pixel art
Twitter@:ChrisNordgren
CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »

snip

Sorry then I was obviously wrong, no hard feelings Smiley
just felt and looked very similar.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »

=D

Kaspo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 02:52:10 AM »

This looks great! Do you have a release date?

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 03:23:24 AM »

So many memories. I am a huge fan of hammerwatch and so have to ask, do you plan to have coop?

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »

@ Kaspo, next year =D=D=D

@ Yes, plan is multiplayer and coop.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »

Splitscreen =D

There's tons of things that aren't synced properly and all those other "bugs" we have, still, this is actually our first real test of it and also playing coop.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2015, 05:03:50 AM »

All weapon graphics are done now, some of them don't work yet and all of the are missing effects, since we have no effect editor yet, but that will come in time.

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2015, 05:59:03 AM »

That's a serious list of weapons, looks like you've got some good variety there. The environments looks lovely and colourful, a common weakness with top-down shooter games is that everything can look a bit empty and a bit static, but the pixel environments are looking really rich so far.

vatigo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2015, 06:16:35 AM »

Wow this game looks awesome, the only thing that looks a bit strange in the video is the movement speed.
The movement of the player looks slow compared to other Serious Sam titles where the areas are huge and Sam is very fast.
Graphics style is very pretty and I appreciate that you shared your workflow. Sounds fit well, I hope the soundtrack will be dynamic

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:33 PM »

Thanks guys, yes, it's starting to look really solid - effects will really nail this later on Hand Point Left

@ vatigo, we do have large levels too, but also this one opens up a lot more when you are more outside in the farmlands.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »

I love how I forgot to not use a uncompressed format when I rendered this last one, when I awoke, I was left with a single .avi on 203GB =) Never seen such a large file, ever I think.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic