Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 05:14:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWIP shmup - brutal criticism requested! (update 4)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: WIP shmup - brutal criticism requested! (update 4)  (Read 3210 times)
Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »

I would add a little more of the randomized text options, and maybe have the coin collection be automatic.
Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »

okay, now that I've played it for a little while, I've realized that it only really gets fun when you can start upgrading and customizing weapon patterns. before that, it's pretty difficult to make progress, and there's no sign that there will be anything more fun. The weapon pattern customizing is very fun, though.
FREAKNARF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »

Hi! i just played it for something like 10 minutes (!!!),maybe more(??!!) i'll try to tell things as they came :

- Unity web player annoyed me because i had to install it, and at the same time joy of having a brand new laptop.
- Wow 3D ship looks nice !
- Control suck, ship moves way too fast from the start, and i want to blast a keyboard key to enjoy shmup. But this seems hard and i dont see the ship evolve so i go on (i don't want to play less time than i spent installing unity, especially as i wanted to "give brutal criticism". I'm not "so" sadist, i'm sometimes so badly yearning for feedback that i think every insult would be pleased.But sometimes i prefer to wait and polish.It goes with the mood.)
- I hate those green polygons, i don't understand why the ship does not upgrade.
- As i try again and again control really sucks. Somehow i find how to buy weapons. Interest +1
- Upgrade don't seem to work. Interest -1
- Ennemies bullets going backward should not have the same "screen" speed as others : the screen is already moving as your ship goes forward there is no reason a vilain would shoot faster backward as you are going farer and farer (is this word ok ? i'm french sorry)
- I realize ennemies and background are all the same, how to "equip" weapons when you're dead and controls really suck
- I don't like advice like "maybe you should avoid more things". Maybe if there was something else to do, different ways to make it it would be fun.
- Weapon upgrade sucks
- Weapon upgrade confusion
- 5 + minutes try to find a good weapon, but i realized i don't understand how the system works or else it is buggy.
- Lack of diversity/enthousiasm made me quit...

Sorry i'm a bit negative, but really hope this would help...

Just to end some ideas :

More vilains and background diversity, simple weapon upgrade system and no take a green polygon to buy stuff you may like when you're dead 10 times the same way
Do not just random spawn always the same vilain please
Boss!!!many of them

I dont know any good 3d shmup. Maybe i'm too old. Ha no last day i had a free key for Waves on steam. It's in 3d but compared to Parodius, Blazing stars or Metal slug...

Ha and i have no idea of what  was the text on up-right screen and the screen display was too small for me.
Good luck, peace and cheers !

knarf.

K
syawqy
Level 0

zzz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »

ship move too fast
level design is terrible :
enemy movement speed need to match their hp, fast enemy with plenty hp is hard to beat, either you just avoid it or die with them
try making it easier at first than gradually increase the difficulity

Play my shmup ==>
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic