Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:51:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrapple - Android 2D platformer (released to Google Play!)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Grapple - Android 2D platformer (released to Google Play!)  (Read 11359 times)
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »

I like the look of the game, particularly that water splash which reminds me of the splash effect from a game jam game I made a while ago.

I'll probably check it out when it hits Android--I feel like there are way too few quality Android games.

Maybe I could even help play test on android?

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

I like the look of the game, particularly that water splash which reminds me of the splash effect from a game jam game I made a while ago.
Thank you. I had to add the splash effect because it was not obvious before that it was water as it's not animated in anyway Smiley

I'll probably check it out when it hits Android--I feel like there are way too few quality Android games.
Hopefully it'll meet your expectations, but it has been done mainly as a learning exercise so you're likely to find it lacking.

Maybe I could even help play test on android?
I appreciate any help I can get, PM me your email adress, then one you use for Google Play and I'll add you to the alpha-testers group so you can download it and give it a go.

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »

Sent you my email.

it has been done mainly as a learning exercise so you're likely to find it lacking.

That may be the case, but it's still heartening to see someone learning. Do you plan on making more android games, or graduating to different platforms?

JP (@JTown_)
Level 0

@JTown_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »

Was curious if you were aware there's another game called Grapple already out on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/268320/

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »

Was curious if you were aware there's another game called Grapple already out on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/268320/

I wasn't.
I only checked Google Play as this is going to be for Android, I only found one app called Grapple and that app is a productivity app.

Current devlog; Grapple
bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2015, 01:52:17 AM »

Finally got this to a point where I could release it to Google Play.

Thanks everyone who commented in this and kept me encouraged enough to keep going.

Current devlog; Grapple
bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »

Getting this released into the wild have provided me with plenty of comments and suggestions (and a rapid 8 subsequent releases later many issues have been addressed).

Makes me wonder if it makes sense to make games publicly availabel sooner, I know it is common on PC but I don't know how it would be received for an Android game.

Current devlog; Grapple
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:01 AM »

This looks extremely fun, any plans for other platforms?

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »

This looks extremely fun, any plans for other platforms?
I hadn't planned it but since it's done using libGDX I might put a Desktop version  up somewhere.

If I can get through the beta-testing phase it's in now that is. It's boring fixing issues and I've already started prototyping my next project so my motivation for working on Grapple is low.

Current devlog; Grapple
bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »

This thing is as done as I am likely to get it. Thanks to everyone providing comments and much needed feedback.

Current devlog; Grapple
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic