Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:18:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952268 times)
snarkfowl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10020 on: January 23, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »

Hey! I'm Ray or snark, and I'm an artist and an amateur programmer from Canada. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was my first game as a kid and grew up with a mix of video games (thanks mom. Now, I'm super into speedrunning, fighting games and weird indie stuff. I can't wait to get familiar and engaged with this community.
theaffronted
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: January 23, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »

Hey,

I'm TheAffrotned, and I am a novice game developer, who predominantly uses the Unity engine. I am currently bettering my skills in C#, and trying to make fun interactive experiences with my limited knowledge of programming.

My favorite games are Ratchet & Clank Going Commando, Pokemon Crystal, Sengoku Basara 4, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, Persona 3FES, Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Odin Sphere, Saya no Uta, and the Adventures of Lolo.

I am looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Waaagh!Hand Point RightMy Word! Hand Point Left  Tired
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10022 on: January 24, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »

Hello,

I'm Dethhed, and I've been designing games pretty much all my life. I hang out a lot with the other indies in Seattle, so some of you may already know me by yet another name. I've got a computer science degree but prefer GameMaker.

I like a wide variety of games, and frequently expand my horizons with bundles I find.
soy milk
TIGBaby

beep beep composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10023 on: January 26, 2017, 01:02:24 AM »

Cave Story I love this icon

Hi, here's Soy Milk, doing composing/sound design most of the time

I love games like Cave Story, Spelunky, Risk of Rain, Flower, Katamari...many many

Just start developing games using GM2 recently, been to GGJ twice, will attend LDJ this year for the first time!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:14:59 AM by soy milk » Logged
xem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: January 26, 2017, 03:23:30 AM »

Hello everyone! Smiley

I've read this forum anonymously for a long time, and finally decided to join the party, because I want to be a real Indie Game Maker.

I'm Maxime, french Web Developer, 29 years old.

I love coding, learning, experimenting and writing about my discoveries.
I like making games in JS (for the Web) and homebrews for consoles (DS, 3DS...). I also used Flash in a previous life.
I have a passion for code-golfing (the art of making something with the smallest possible amount of code).
I like Maths a lot, and I'm quite comfortable using Maths, except for 3D computations, but I'm studying a lot to fix that.
I'm not really good with digital art and music but I'm also learning these domains too.

I've made (or contributed to) a dozen games for compos over the last few years, some notable examples are:
- Karoshi DS (DS demo, ranked #9 in a compo in 2010) : http://xem.github.io/other/#karoshids
- Geo Quiz (JS game, ranked #13 in a 13kb game compo in 2015) : http://xem.github.io/articles/#js13k2015
- Super Chrono Portal Maker (JS game ranked #3 in a 13kb game compo in 2016) : http://xem.github.io/articles/#js13k2016

I've also written many tutorials, including:
- How to make games with CSS3D: http://xem.github.io/articles/#css3d
- Maths & trigonometry cheat sheet for 2D & 3D games : https://gist.github.com/xem/99930986c5333125a13b0ea50600391f
- 3DS homebrew (crowdsourced on github) : http://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/

In the near future, I'm planning to work much more on indie games, and hopefully do that for a living.

More info on my blog: http://xem.github.io

Do you mind if I add these games in the townhall and these tutos in the appropriate sections of the forum?

Cheers,
Max
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:29:10 AM by xem » Logged
Frankienaitor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:48 AM »

Hi,

Frank here, I'm from the Netherlands, 28 yo, and I've been derping around with Unity for about a year or two now. I've also been keeping an eye on this forum every once in a while, and since I'm closing in on what could be considered a first playable demo of one of my projects, I thought I'd introduce myself here first Smiley

I was mostly a N64 kid, so my most inspiring games are the usual suspects really: Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Banjo Kazooie, Super Metroid, Wind Waker etcetera. More recently I'd say Dark Souls in particular but also the indie-boom of recent years really inspired me to try and create something myself Smiley (although dropping out of college and looking for something to do with my life also helped, haha)

Whenever I dream up game-concepts, I obsess over movement and 'feel'. I love Mario64 because of how Mario moves, because he is so wonderfully weighted. People seem to love Dark Souls because of it's wonderful world building and storytelling, and though I love that side to, I would have fallen in love with DS for the dodge-roll alone. Hmmmmm dat dodge-roll Kiss
So I guess I'm inspired to create 'gamefeel' like that most of all when I make games Smiley

I struggle sometimes with a long term videogame-length vision for my projects. (And work ethic, assertiveness and motivation and stuff.. Turns out it's quite hard to undertake big projects all on your own with no deadline or pressure other than my own high standards and noone to talk to about them :d) So maybe with the help of this wonderful community I can work on these slight flaws and actually finish a project for once :D

Cheers  Gentleman

protoloss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: January 26, 2017, 11:31:52 AM »

Hello, World! I am Mario!

I am so crazy about art and games that I started a game development career back in 2005! And I am still doing and love making games!
I loved to play games like Heart of Africa, Last Ninja, Barbarian, Moonstone, Pirates, Elite, Severance Blade of Darkness, Thief, Zelda, Mario, Dark Souls, the list is endless! Anyone remember Forbidden Forrest on the C64?

After working mainly for other people on their games for a veeeeeeery long time, I am now freelancing and do my own games!  Ninja

Wish me luck!

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10027 on: January 26, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

- Maths & trigonometry cheat sheet for 2D & 3D games : https://gist.github.com/xem/99930986c5333125a13b0ea50600391f

I like your cheat sheet. bookmarked!

rebel rabbit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:04 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Richard from rebel rabbit.

We are an independent game studio located in Lima, Peru. Germán Cruz and myself handle programming, while Rodolfo Flores does the pixel art and animation. Current status: Living off savings  My Word!

Some background history:

I met Germán in 2014 while I was working for a video game company. There, we decided to start making our own indie games as side projects. We went through two different groups with other people, and since neither group worked, we decided to go full indie in 2016. Germán met Rodolfo, a game design student that is as passionate as us and joined the team as an artist.

We are about to release our first game in steam in just a few months, really proud about that!

So... that's all, be warned, we are going to be posting a lot of our work here!

Cheers  Beer!,

Richard

EneLime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: January 28, 2017, 07:32:02 AM »

Hi,

I'm Nicholas , from Brazil, I'm 20, and I've started developing games in high-school. I've messed around with XCode, Godot and I'm learning Unity now, I've published a puzzle game with a friend a while ago and now we're starting another project, and I thought it would be a good thing to start participating more here XD

I'm studying CS at USP, but I want to create my own games instead of working for someone, I've mostly been a Sony/Nitendo guy and love Square-Enix (FF6 is the best one Wink  and KH2 is genius).

It first I tried to develop games base on a fixed idea but that didn't work out very well because some things don't actually feel as good as you thought they would so now we are going to build a game based on trying different stuff and seeing how it work out, nothing on the game we are making is above criticism and we will substitute if we find something better.

If I like something I have no issues dedicating my self really hard at it, and I'm hyped about this game Smiley, please try give honest criticism, but please also try to also point out the good things (if any) on whatever I post, because I will do the same to you Smiley

I hope we all can help each other with feedback!!

Coffee
AShifter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: January 28, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »

Welp, The forum rules said I need to post here.

Hey everyone!

I'm AShifter, and I'm working on a game called Histacom. I originally got into gaming when my dad built me a PC, with a AMD Phenom II triple core, 4GB of DDR2, and a GeForce 9500GT. He also bought an original PlayStation 3. Nowadays I like to program, play PC games on my new i7-6700k rig, and ragequit.  Mock Anger

I really started to learn basic programming skills on my own, but now I'm getting tutored by a Senior (25 years) HP Software developer. He's inspired me to show how I feel in code, and he's really just an awesome guy.

I hope that I can make some friends and get to know people on the TIGSource forums!

Badtorse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: January 29, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

Hi everyone !

Because I'm a nice human being, and also because I do not want to be banned, i'm introducing myself aswell.

My name is Antoine and I'm a computer science engineer, currently working in france. I started making games in engineering school, then got to intern at Cyanide Studio and now i'm working on mobile games in a smaller studio.

I enjoy gam jams, game design, and long walks on the beach.

Looking forward to meeting new people here.
-Antoine
JohnK
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: January 29, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »

Hiya -- I'm John from Kiwiland.
I am interested in extending existing research into gamers' motives or intentions, particularly and especially those engaging with MMORPGs.
Our little team has devised a suite of data gathering and analyses algorithms. This topic (gamers' intentions) is a suitable topic and challenge as well as being grist for another application of our tool kit.
And, yes, I'll be needing some on-line volunteers to assist with this project.
Cheers
JohnK

Wikzo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10033 on: January 30, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »

Hi there!

I'm Gustav, programmer at a new indie game studio in Denmark called Tunnel Vision Games. I mainly work in Unity. And I'm a huge Nintendo fan! :D

Producer & Programmer at Tunnel Vision Games
Nabu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: January 30, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Vincent. I learned programming some years ago now in order to make video games. I would like, if time permits it, to make bizare and fun games and populate them with drawings and musics. Because I like drawing and play music.

I don't have much things to say but I'm glad to find live communities and share my work.
Barbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10035 on: January 31, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Hello! I am the developer of Russia. I have always been attracted to computer technology, and this is my hobby grew into a game publishing in the major stores Smiley
Mikko from OGG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: January 31, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »

Hi you all!

My name is Mikko I have been developing simple games mainly for my own amusement for about 5 years now. I have published couple of small HTML5 games mainly for Android though...

Around 6 months ago I realized that I probably have enough skill and insight to build my first little bit "bigger" game, but...

Knowing what it is like to publish a game when no one knows who you are is kind of a waste, therefor I made a switch to web development. Main reason was to learn about websites and internet marketing. Lately I have created a couple of websites, one being my Blog and the another one being an game assets website.

Anyways, happy to be a part of the community!

Mikko from OGG
Vardan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: January 31, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »

Hello! My name is Vardan, and I am trying to be a HTML5 Game developer.

I am a decently fair programmer, and I could say my greatest set-backs are graphics (Even though I tried learning, I couldn't draw if my life depended on it Cry ).

I came here to try to be part of a community, and ask for your feedback and give my feedback as well for your projects.

So far I have one game up, hope to have many more Smiley
taylorgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: January 31, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »

Hey guys,

My name is Taylor and I am a pixel artist and game developer originally from California. I've been making games for several years now as a hobby and I am now working on my first big (well, big for me) game.

My game is an adventure RPG set in my favorite era of gaming, the early 90s and it's called GNAR P.G. (Dev log to come soon)

I've already posted some screenshots and stuff on Twitter so feel free to follow me there. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!
twitter.com/taylorgamedev
AdamPope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10039 on: February 01, 2017, 08:18:32 AM »

Hi, everyone!
I am Adam Smiley
Composer and audio engineer obsessed with games since I first played Ninja Gaiden on NES.  Ninja Grin
Now I'm here.

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic