Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:24:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951508 times)
soundofsilence42
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10040 on: February 01, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »

Hello TIGForums!

I'm Matt from Portland OR, I just joined to participate in the great community here. I've been creating indie games (mostly for the Mac and later iOS) off and on since the 90s. I released several shareware games in the early days on the AOL Mac Games forum and a few more recent titles on Apple's app stores.

My current project is Dust, a 2D RPG with a mix of different gameplay elements thrown together. I'm working on it as a side project in my spare time and I'm looking forward to starting a dev log thread here at some point for it.

Cheers~

Dust preview video:

MaD_ego
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10041 on: February 02, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Diego from IdeaCabin indie game studio. I'm a French student who decided to go abroad, in UK precisely to learn more about indie game development.

I play video games since I'm very young and I'm a big fan of JRPG games(FF series, Shin Megami Tensei series, Tales of...)and Rogue-like games. My first contact with indie games was Cave story, Minecraft and Super Meat boy, and since then, I continue to be impressed by the creativity of indie game developer!

Our team try to create new gaming experiences and our first game is an experimental audio game which is called Dark Passenger.

I'm a newbie in development, and I'm here to participate in this vast community.  Smiley
Lutz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10042 on: February 02, 2017, 01:47:26 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm a senior graduating in May with a bachelors in Game Design and Development: CS Concentration.
I'm going to mainly be using these forums as a source of inspiration/help while keeping a devlog of a simple real-time multiplayer browser game using node.js and socket.io.

You can see my work at http://lutzkellen.com

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10043 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm a senior graduating in May with a bachelors in Game Design and Development: CS Concentration.
I'm going to mainly be using these forums as a source of inspiration/help while keeping a devlog of a simple real-time multiplayer browser game using node.js and socket.io.

You can see my work at http://lutzkellen.com

Welcome aboard.

http://lutzkellen.com/games/mazerunner.html

I like mazes.

The maze in your game reminds me of a maze algorithm I created way back when:

https://jsfiddle.net/AaronBalint/n0p8u040/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:46:47 PM by AaronB » Logged

Kashire
Level 0

0b10100111001 :^)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10044 on: February 02, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »

Hello! Wizard

I'm Kashire/Ashton. I'm 25 as of writing this post, I'm married, and I've been an off/on programmer for 10+ years.
I live in Houston, TX. I help run an imageboard. I've been passionate about programming since I was at least 8 years
old, possibly younger... I wanted to make video games since I was probably 5 or 6 though. I dropped out of high school
and I dropped out of college 3 times (all of which were for good reasons, they were online scam schools!) and decided to
say screw the degree until later on, I'll be doing higher math though.

I decided to join TigSource because my wife said this is a good place to learn and grow, so that's why I'm here.

Nice to meet you all.
kummik
TIGBaby

Beepboop

View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: February 03, 2017, 01:06:34 AM »

Hey all,

I'm Kummik. I'm 24, college dropout and a long time web backend dev with history in Ruby. Recently switched to C# due to need of a change in my life. Picked up unity recently to start working towards a dream of developing a game.

Currently working on an isometric RPG on my own and a 2D platformer with a few friends. Also I like good beer Beer!

Cheers
MrFistSalad
Level 0

Writo McVideogame

View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: February 03, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »

My name's Wil or Wilson, whichever you prefer. I'm the writer and designer for Animal Lover, which is coming out on Steam, Google Play and Itch.io very soon. I also did some writing for upcoming browser/iOS game Victory Belles and some writing for games I can't reveal but yeah I like video game writing a lot.

How are you guys?
Hex
Level 0

This text is personal.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10047 on: February 03, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »

I'm Jonathan "Hex" White from Four Eyes Productions where we're a couple of dudes 'trying to make it happen'. We work on our game, The Last Sunshine, in our spare time in an attempt to get into the gaming industry.

I hope to learn more about game design and get constructive feedback on our game. : )
Drasnus
Level 0

!

View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: February 04, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »

Hey everyone, I go by Drasnus.

My friend from Onagro games recommended this forum to me, so I thought it was about time I joined.

I'm an animator and designer from Scotland, currently teamed up with my university friend working on a game called The Spell. Together we go by 'Havensoft':
https://twitter.com/TheSpellGame

My favourite games are Soul Reaver, Max Payne and the original X-com. I like surreal movies and progressive rock.

I hope to get some good feedback on our game, some advice on getting it out there, and to see what other cool things people are making.

Glad to be here.
JCRL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: February 05, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »

Hello, my name is Juan from Venezuela

I'm a computer technician, and a fan of graphic art, I like medieval and sci-fi games

I'm working in some platformer games right now, when I have the time and some material ready, I'll show you

Gentleman
polisummer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10050 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »

Hello, I'm polisummer!

I'm a programmer, 3d artist, and game designer. I used to work on mobile titles but now I'm pursuing my own projects. I really love JRPGs and action games.

I built a roguelike a few months ago, and am now working on my own RPG, which I want to be like Dragon Quest.

Cheers~

Join the tigsource discord! https://discord.gg/h6vK8fA
snarlynarwhal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: February 06, 2017, 06:48:23 PM »

I am an indie game developer that specializes in programming. Smiley

I worked on Blacksea Odyssey and now I work on Adventure Quest 3D!
GMoses
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: February 07, 2017, 06:53:43 AM »

Hi guys, I'm GMoses.

I've been swimming in a sea of Google Docs and game concepts for far too long. I usually come here to check out Devlogs and end up being jealous of what other people are working on, so I decided to start working with GameMaker to get some programming skills under my belt. I also love the idea of working on game audio, but don't want too much on my plate. Oh also I love video games and coffee.  Coffee
cavalierro
Level 0

Gentle Coder

View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: February 08, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »

Hi guys, I'm Tudor / cavaliero,

a guy who started playing PC games on my father's closet-size mainframe terminals, and grew up along PC computers, through cassette players, large floppy disks and so on.

My first beloved games were Dune and Prince of Persia(MS-DOS Who, Me?). Later, in school, my gamer buddies and I used to love iD games like Doom and Quake and follow their development, and it was about that time when I started learning what a program was about and started dreaming about being a game developer once.

Well, it took quite some time and some PC languages learnt Smiley, but finally did make the step two years ago, started working for a company producing serious games and finally felt at home.

Currently really happy about being involved in a greek mythology-inspired project (TAURONOS) using pixel art with some effects, this will be my first co-owned game.

I like this place, lots of talent. Probably also some Jim Gaffigan fans around Toast Left

I'm having a quarantine party this weekend and none of you are invited.

(/r/oneliners)
spoonbob
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10054 on: February 10, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »

Hi guys, I'm spoonbob,

Well, I cannot do programming, neither can i do the design. (so jealous of all the talented ppl here Roll Eyes)
I'm not good at playing games (I can get myself killed within 5 mins when playing Super Mario....),
but i do enjoy the BGM, art design and the story of each game  Smiley

My friends and I are developing a 2D side-scrolling game, and TIGForums really help and inspire us a lot!
Glad to join the community and look forward to making more friends here!

Cheers,
spoonbob

Seraphall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: February 10, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Seraphall.

I've loved video games all my life. One of the first things I ever said I wanted to do in life was be a writer; the second was be a game designer.

Now I know I want to be both. I want to share my ideas with others and work together to create something amazing.

As of recently I've really come to learn the power of networking. Through networking I'm hoping to be starting a project very soon. I'll be making a post about it in the collaborations sub forum of the creative section.

By myself I am just one person with a limited set of refined skills. My biggest hope is to reach like-minded individuals who are good at the things I'm not, but who are not as good at the things that I am.

Thank you for your time,

~Seraphall
Can Uzer
Level 0

Sound designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10056 on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:40 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm a sound designer currently based in Helsinki. My two greatest passions are games with unique narratives and creating memorable sounds. I'm here mainly for finding out about new awesome games coming up.  Gomez

Before you ask, my name 'Can' pronounced just like 'John'.

Fin out more about me at www.canuzer.com | @audiocan

Cheers!
codekitchen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10057 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »

Howdy Howdy. I'm a software developer and designer based in the US of A. I created this account waaaaay back in 2008 but I've never really spent time on the forums before now. Back around 2002 era (a lifetime ago) I worked on a couple medium-sized commercial games you probably don't remember, as an engine developer and game designer. But then I got distracted with getting a degree, and then making not-games. I've spent the last decade working for a couple business/educational software startups.

In all that time I've stayed super passionate about games, though, and Real Life has settled down to the point where I finally find myself with a bit of time to pursue that passion. I've got notebooks full of ideas and a huge grab-bag of different skill sets, so I'm going to see what I can accomplish. Whether anything I do works out or not, I know it's going to be a ton of fun either way!  Panda
Seiryu33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: February 12, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »

Hi! I'm Gregory. I'm pretty new to the gamedev business. I just recently finished my first game called Dragons Be. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work.
Claude Ruelle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10059 on: February 13, 2017, 03:26:01 AM »

Hello guys,

My name is Claude Ruelle and I'm a music composer currently based in London. I'm very happy to join the forum and really looking forward to see what projects you guys are working on.

If you are curious about what I do, you can go listen to my music by clicking on the following link : http://clauderuelle.com/music-2/

Best,
Claude

Composer of Relaxing Life Sim Music.

www.clauderuelle.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic