Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:37:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953273 times)
D.Va
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: February 16, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »

Hey, all! Big fan of indie games, but I also work in the industry. Found your forums by recommendation. Look forward to getting to know you and maybe talk about some projects I'm working on!
jonnymac
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: February 17, 2017, 07:10:53 AM »

Hello all,

My name is Jonathan McCarthy (JonnyMac) and I am a professional software developer IRL. I have also been a hobbyist games programmer for many years.

I usually do boardgame conversions (Hitlers War, Dune, Lord Of The Rings (Reiner Knizia version)), but I have also done a Retro Remake (The Hobbit text adventure) and more recently have dabbled in a real time roguelike game.

I been reading TIGSource for many years but for some reason, never joined the forum section until now.

See you in the forums!
dgibso29
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10062 on: February 17, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »

Hello all! I'm Daniel.

I've slowly morphed from "I want to make cool things" to realising that those cool things are games. Fledgling programmer. Couple of projects under my belt, and working on something ill-fated big right now! Stumbled across TIG, and very luck to have done so!

See you around!

Co-Founder/Game Director/"This a real job, I swear!" at Earring Pranks Studios.
traisane
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10063 on: February 18, 2017, 02:12:28 AM »

Dear all,

I am full-time teacher / weekend game developer. I am the CEO of small indie game company (http://www.supergod.fi). There are 4 people in the company and we are currently working on Riptale (e.g.

). I will post updates on Riptale whenever I can.

I am a programmer but unfortunately I have to focus mostly on CEO-stuff (funding, marketing and paying bills). Wish I could just write code all day long Sad
MrCiastku
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: February 18, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »

I'm MrCiastku and I'm the creator of Shadows 2 (guess what, a horror game).
I've been making games for a long time, from adventure, shooters, to horror and 2d.
I think I'll stick with Survival Horror for longer though. Nothing else to say.

mgb
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10065 on: February 18, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »

Hey folks,

My name's Mike, I'm based in Newfoundland, Canada, and I have been a professional software developer and a hobbyist game dev for going on 2 decades . I formed a company a while ago, Perfect Minute Games (http://perfectminutegames.com & http://facebook.com/perfectminutegames). I'm currently working on a game I'm calling Contension (misspelling intentional). I don't get a lot of time to work on it lately, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing what these forums are all about.
ormusto
« Reply #10066 on: February 18, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »

Hello, my name is Matthieu and I'm based in France. I studied CG Art at school but I always wanted to create games. This is what I'm doing right now. I released The Five Cores, A love letter to Myst in 2012, then two platformers, one for PC and one for Android.

My passion for video games has started when I was 6yo (I'm 32 right now) using the 486 DX2 family computer. One of my father's friend gave me Doom shareware floppy disks wich became my favourite game of all time.

Then I played a tons of games like Lemmings, Gobliiins, Myst, Prince of Persia, Monkey Island.. which are some of my favourites.

When I was in high school, I started using The Games Factory in order to learn how to make games without the need of writing a single line of code because I'm a visual person. I'm still deeply in love with this tool nowadays. Then I learned to use a lot of different things like UDK, Blender, Gimp, Python and lua script, php etc.

Then I worked as a layout artist on movies like Arthur And The Invisibles and Despicable Me at Mac Guff And BUF.

Now I want to continue to explore and master game design. My goal is to build a creative environment and work with a small team of passionate people.

My website is located at https://ormusto.blogspot.fr/

BTW I look like this most of the time :

JaeJaeAgogo
Level 0

Just gotta do it.

View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: February 19, 2017, 09:54:53 AM »

Nice to meet you! I'm Jae and I just recently started working towards becoming an indie composer. I've been involved with music for a long time and about a year ago made the suggestion that I mix my love for music with my love for games, but I only just really go into it about 2 months ago when I made one for fun and people ended up really liking it. Made me think "I could get pretty good at this" and it's been a blast since! Who would have guessed falling asleep on a computer every night and spending all my extra time productively would be the time of my life?

I still have a long way to go, but I got an email that directed me here, and I definitely want to meet more people in this industry and sharpen my weapons, so feel free to message me! Even if it's just to chat!

I'm not making this whole thing official until I've got at least one more song to show, but here's a link to my Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jaejaeagogo

This is me when I got to model for an ironic photo:

It's crazy knowing I made these with my own hands: https://soundcloud.com/jaejaeagogo
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:15 AM »

Hi,
I'm Zireael. I've been gaming since I was 6 or thereabouts (Prince of Persia), then the first serious game was Baldur's Gate (11 or 12). My first contact with programming was Lua (Baldur's Gate modding) at 16-17. Then in 2nd year at uni, that is over three years ago, I found myself with a lot of free time so I decided to try making a roguelike in Lua, as I was fascinated by procedural generation, and inspired by pen and paper rpgs I've been playing since I was 18 or so.

The 'roguelike in Lua' is still plugging along (see Devlogs section). As asides, I dabbled in Unity (c#) and UE4 (c++), both involved trying to generate a city for a free roam racer). Had much more success in UE4 but put the project on hold because of some compiling problems - yay, Lua doesn't need to compile, so you don't wait 10 minutes only to see errors Sad
fuerst
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: February 19, 2017, 12:19:59 PM »

Hello

I am a video game designer, you can call me Fürst. I was joined here to promote my Greenlight game.
Kinjo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10070 on: February 19, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »

Hello, I'm Kinjo from Goldbar Games.

Long-time lurker here, I've held off posting anything until I had something decent to show. Nonetheless, I've always loved playing video games, and I've always had a passion for making them. I got into game development and programming while in high school (thanks to Game Maker and RPG Maker), and now I've graduated with a bachelor's in Computer Science.

I've spent a lot of time working on mystery games, in the style of Umineko, Phoenix Wright, and Dangan Ronpa. Aside from that, I'm also a huge Nintendo fan, and I look up to many of their games for inspiration in design. I have three years of experience working in Unity (C#) and many more years creating mysteries and designing levels. I love solving problems, discussing algorithms and game design theory, and most of all sharing fun games with the world.

EvilCG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10071 on: February 20, 2017, 01:45:38 AM »

Hi! We are EvilCoGames, a small team from Moscow, Russia. There are let me check 6 of us. And a headcrab plush. No proof pics, because my phone was destroyed in a battle with floor. Sad

Sir Dan
Level 0

BRB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10072 on: February 20, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm an indie game developer and pixel artist, also the ceo at Back To Basics Gaming. Located in the UK, I drink far too much tea.
I'm a huge fan of retro remakes and classic video games.

Check out one of my developed games, Turbo Pug DX - http://store.steampowered.com/app/513780/
I worked on DX with a few friends, loads of fun to design and work on in general.

I'm here to check out cool indie games in the making, mingle with some other indie dev dudes, snoop on pixel artists and to get inspired.
Just a heads up, I often get accused of lurking, attempting to hunt out indie games for publishing deals, when I hang out in indie dev communities online. That's honestly not the case. I'm here, as I said above, to have a good time and mingle with other, like-minded developers.

Nice to meet you all.

Gentleman

Tea swigging British game developer, pixel artist and CEO at Back To Basics Gaming.<br />Gentleman
DanHulton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:30 PM »

Hullo everyone!

I'm an indie game dev in my spare time, getting close to my first alpha release/announcement of my game.  I'm trying to avoid over-complicating things, so I'm looking to use the Devlogs here as a public tracker for progress on the game.

Looking forward to sharing and interacting with you all!
Bengsfort
Level 0

wat do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10074 on: February 21, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »

Howdy everybody!  Grin

I'm a Software Developer at Unity by day, wanna-be indie game developer and wanna-be pixel artist by night. New father and recently migrated from USA to Helsinki, Finland, so a lot of my time gets spent trying to figure out Finnish and chasing my son around. Smiley I've been prototyping and playing around in Unity for about 5 years now and have been modding games for a lot longer (started out by modding the original command & conquer as well as the GoldSrc engine, once the Source engine came out I stopped actively modding and switched to just designing levels for misc Source games), but have only released one game which was a mobile RPG for a development conference I spoke at, with a story and artwork based off of the conference:

I'm a huge fan of retro games and retro-throwback games, as well as Nintendo games. I've got 2 projects I'm actively working on and countless prototypes that are backlogged, and I'm here to share progress on some of my projects via devlogs and meeting/chat with other indie devs about games. :D

This is me:

And I look forward to meeting/chatting with everybody!  Beer!

Ned Ludonarrative
TIGBaby

I.T. shall be engraved upon your very soul.

View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: February 22, 2017, 03:05:43 AM »

Greets, all.

I'm pretty much a newbie here and in game dev both, a friend showed me Tigsource some time ago and I've been glancing every rare often, but I figured it was finally time to register an account here as I'm starting to get to that point where I ought to start a DevLog of my misadventures.

So, a little bit about me...  I'm a home service IT guy who is way past overdue for a career change.  I grew up on Amiga, NES, and SNES games, played with Dpaint IV's animation feature a bunch as a kid, dreamed of making games but for way too long thought "Programming is an arcane art and I am too stupid to learn it".  Some years later I participated in what is now an old Megaman X fangame, which taught me everything about how NOT to make a game.  When that project ended and I wanted to start making my own games, I quickly discovered that, huh, I was going to need to talk some programmer into helping me make this stuff happen.  That didn't go so hot, as expected, and so at some point I gave up on finding a programmer to go with my art and writing, and started hitting up the community college programming classes until I could actually read a game programming tutorial without my eyes crossing.  Since then I've gotten a little better at it, but I'm still a newbie and haven't got much experience under my belt.

I have a few projects I'm getting started on that will probably be a mess on account of me having to learn as I go, but I figure I can share the fun and agony in a devlog, as well as ask the community for help here and there.  I'm also relearning how to draw after a number of years of neglecting my art skills, and I never did spend anywhere near enough time studying light and shadow in the first place.  On the upside- I at least know how to animate and sprite passably well from years of trying to "Trace" NES games using dpaint.  (It's a wonder I didn't burn my eyes up trying to see individual pixels on a blurry 1980's CRT TV...)

Hopefully I can get some games made without my day job eating me for breakfast- it really likes interrupting my code mojo with nightmares that force me to unload all my programming brainspace in favor of the social skills required to tell people they need to turn it off and on again without them thinking I think they're stupid.  Waaagh!
TwoMadBros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10076 on: February 22, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »

Hi all!
My name is Azamat, and recently I graduated. All my life I was fond of games and infomation technologies, that is why I studied Computer Science. But when I decided to make my own mobile games, I realized, that I don't have enough experience, and soon me and my best friend started to make our first game. During development we have an excellent experience and positive emotions. So, here we are, and we want to make games that people love.
arcanheim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: February 22, 2017, 10:31:49 PM »

Hi,

I'm Mayuraj from Arcanheim Softworks, which is an independent game studio (Pune, India) founded in 2016 by former Ubisoft employees. Our primary focus is on creating unique and fresh gameplay mechanics to entertain casual as well as hardcore gamers.

For us, the co founders, it was not a matter of if but when we enter the world of indie game dev. Stubborn to make something different and new, a lot of initial game ideas and concepts were scrapped. Inspiration struck at a bistro (of all places). Turns out "How about something to do with lights and refraction?" was all the inspiration we needed.

What followed was 3 guys working on a PC and a laptop researching, brainstorming and building the preliminary game play mechanics of "Tilted", fueled by an almost endless supply of coffee. Over the next couple of months, after overcoming a few hurdles, we found ourselves with a registered company, a small office space and a small team of artists and interns. With a successful alpha and closed beta now behind us, we are inching closer to the launch of our first game. With a lot of ideas and projects in pipeline, we are optimistic and excited about the future. It's been an amazing journey so far and we intend to grow bigger and bigger with each project.

Looking forward to sharing and interacting with you all!
Josessin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10078 on: February 23, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »

Hi everyone I'm Jose Antonin, a hobbyist developer from Argentina.

I have been playing games since I have memory, but I started entering the bussines from a musical side. I did a couple of game's soundtracks, of which the most well known of them is Kingdom Rush from Ironhide Games. Two years ago I started working on my own game, just to learn more about them, in the process, I realized how much I like development, so I started studding to become a developer.
Recently I submitted my first game Commander Tiberius Troubleson to Steam Greenlight:

I realized I have been very isolated in all my learning process so I've come here to share my stuff and learn form other developers and game makers.

Thanks, and once more, hello!

Jose

Commander Tiberius Troubleson on Greenlight  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863547685
Garfeild
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10079 on: February 24, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »

Hi everyone!

Has been reading TIGSource forums for a while and finally decided to introduce myself.

My name is Anton Kolchunov, I'm an iOS software developer and game developer originally from Moscow, Russia, currently residing in Vilnius, Lithuania. Most of the time I'm working as iOS developer by contract and at the same time I run game studio together with my wife who is a pixel artist.

I could say, that game development was sort of childhood dream. I started to think about making game at school, when I was visiting my friend after school and we were playing video games on his brother's computer.  At that time, I knew almost nothing about game development. Friend of mine told me, that his brother studies programming and this is essential to make games, because games are actually programs. And I decided to go to engineering university and study programming.

When I graduated from university, iPhone came out and it was possible to develop and publish your own small games for App Store. I proposed idea to start game studio to my then future wife. After short time, my friend joined our team as programmer and we managed to release our first ever game on iOS. This game was digital version of well known pen and paper game in Russia.

After this game we took a break from making games for year or so: I was making a lot of freelance and contract job as iOS developer, our friend went for full time gamedev job. Luckily, we came up with new idea about two years ago and currently working on our first game for Steam and Xbox One. I'm planning to start devlog here pretty soon.

Looking forward to gathering feedback for our game and meeting new friend around the world! Smiley

Oh! And my photo

And twitter link!  Gentleman
http://twitter.com/garfeild

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic