Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:38:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906844 times)
TheShock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10080 on: February 24, 2017, 06:45:55 AM »

Hello! My name is Paul aka Shock and I am indie-developer from Kyiv, Ukraine. Serveral years ago I worked in Wargaming.net, but now we have small team, that develops space strategy based on Unity3d.

Here is my photo:
GTextreme169
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: February 24, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »

Hello World! My name is Trevin. I have collaborated on 87 projects involving Unity3D and various Web development. I have made 5 published games. Only one of which is worth mentioning, Block Age. I wish to meet other devs and hopefully help with some code problem-solving. I have been coding for 8 years, and game development is both a career and hobby for me. I live in Tennessee (United States).
oranssi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10082 on: February 24, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »

I'm a decade long game designer that was a decade long on hiatus.
I was one of the bastards that back in the days, profited with adware / spyware on casual games, those that would pop up antivirus and such. Sad Glad times have changed and that turned out to be obsolete now.
So recently I picked up game making as a hobbie and am working on my personal projects.
Ok, you could say I'm a born again newbie (my god so much has changed in the indie scene, crowdfunding, new game engines, etc)

Actually I'm a geologist working in a Natural History Museum.

My favorite games: Super Mario Bros, Braid, The Talos Principle.
Bzzz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10083 on: February 25, 2017, 02:59:31 AM »

Hello!

My name is Michael. I'm a Environment Artist by day, wanna-be indie game developer by night.

My favorite game genres are those in which I can dive into distant worlds full of mysteries.
My top games: Knytt Series, Naissancee, Machinarium, Space Engine, Lifeless Planet, Capsized, Mind: Path to Thalamus and The Talos Principle.

I'm reading TIGForums a few years, great community with tones of inspiration. Finally I decided to create an account.

Right now I'm working on several projects in Unreal Engine 4, and I hope you like it.

Cheers!

MaryInterGalactic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: February 26, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »

Hello!
     My name is Marry.I'm Chinese.I don't know anything about design the game  :'(But my cousin really hard working for this.
     It's my first time post my message,and my English also not good Azn
     I know I'm not professional about game,Maybe I just an audience.To be honest, I'm really proud of my cousin's game,I know it has a lot of games here.Wish you can give him a chance.谢谢你们! Smiley希望他能在这里得到你们的支持!
     I don't know how to put pics on here, so wish you can go to this one, https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/5w9gns/using_destructible_space_terrain_in_the_heat_of/
拜托啦(^_^)v
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/starlightrogue
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:07:44 PM by MaryInterGalactic » Logged

mtmckenna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10085 on: February 26, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

Hello! I grew up on DOS/Windows/NES/Genesis/PS1 games and always wanted to make a game on my own. Fast-forward a bunch of years, and now I'm using my background in web development to put together small web-based games. Would love to chat about HTML/JS game development!

BlueF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: February 26, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

Hi.
LambCannon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10087 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:50 AM »

Ahoy! I'm Andrew, one-half of two-man indie dev team, Juicy Cupcake from Adelaide, Australia.

I've been keen on creating games for fun for years, originally getting into casual game creation back in Flash AS2 days.

Like many other indies I started out doing a bit of everything. These days I've dropped programming to focus on game design and creative. I spend most of my time in Unreal Engine 4, Blender, Photoshop and on social - keeping it active / keeping emails at bay.

Here's some of my latest work:
Jos3
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »

Hi TIG Forums!
I'm the new guy here! I'm a coder with more than 10y of xp, I'm working on a new game kinda full time not sure about the title yet, I'm happy to be here and hopefully meet some cool people with similar interests.  Cool 

CyberneticWalrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: February 27, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, I am 1/4 of Cybernetic Walrus. 1/2 of the game developers in the company and 1 of the many new people on this forum. Cybernetic Walrus is a studio consisting of four senior students Digital Arts and Entertainment at Howest in Kortrijk. We are a newly founded studio working on our first title Antigraviator.

I am looking forward to talking and meeting many of you here!

cheers,

Mike
Ronnie G
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »

Hi,

Ronnie from southern Sweden. Finally doing what I should have started doing in the early 2000's; make games.

So, boring day-time job and then coding in the evenings.

Started out with the C64. Then Amiga, consoles, PCs and Mac.

First programming language I really learned was AMOS Professional on the Amiga  Grin. Nowadays it's all C#.
KylaFiresmile
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: February 27, 2017, 02:00:36 PM »

Hello everyone from Ermine Games! The company that hasn't been registered yet. When I'm writting this text it's dark and cold outside, there are also lots of wild dogs (I've counted at least ten!), but I don't care because I'm working at home. I'm a part-time indie dev. The thing I care most in a game is its story. So, if you have any problems with the text, I can help you (free, of course!). There is only one problem - I'm not good at English. But nevertheless, if you have any questions about Russian text, please, feel free to ask me  Tiger

Hi, Ronnie. We are using C# too Smiley

Dylan @ Sparkling Society
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10092 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:29 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Dylan, a freelance game designer / developer / producer from the Netherlands. I worked on many games both big and small.

Currently I'm working at Sparkling Society on various projects. One is a city builder for tablets, and one is a CCG for smartphones and tablets. I'll make a post about the latter soon for anyone wanting to have a look.

Great to be part of the community, keep up the good work everybody!  Smiley

Spinbot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10093 on: March 01, 2017, 06:46:59 AM »

Hello everyone!

We are a video game studio :D.

More informations here!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:57:30 AM by Spinbot » Logged

Joe Deatrick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: March 01, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »

Hello!

My name is Joe and I'm originally from Winter Park, FL (a small town outside Orlando). I'm currently living in Berkeley, CA studying Computer Science at UC Berkeley. As everyone else, I've been interested in gaming and game design for most of my life, but I have yet to really get a foot into the industry. I'm definitely more a programmer/game-designer than an artist or musician, so I'm looking to make connections that would supplement my lack of skills in those areas. I'm already familiar with GameMaker and Unity as well as several languages like Python, Java, C and C#, but I'd like to start working on projects to expand on my development experience and make connections with people who have similar goals as I do. Feel free to reach out to me!

also please feel free to follow me on Twitter!- https://twitter.com/jldeatrick

Cheers!  Coffee
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:35:30 PM by Joe Deatrick » Logged

Please contact me directly at [email protected] instead of sending me a PM. PM's won't ping my email for some reason
_glitch
« Reply #10095 on: March 02, 2017, 05:50:35 AM »

woops, *C#

You can edit your post by pressing the "modify" button Smiley
Joe Deatrick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: March 02, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »

oh thanks! I was looking at the post from my profile page and the option wasn't there

Please contact me directly at [email protected] instead of sending me a PM. PM's won't ping my email for some reason
Salicornia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10097 on: March 03, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »

Hey,

My first games were Utopia and Sword & Serpents on Mattel Intellivision. I was 3, and it was a long time ago. I have been a hardcore gamer until I found a job, a wife and had kids.

I had a commodore, an atari, a SNES, a Lynx and PC. I miss good old games where YOU had to figure out the rules, and a three pixels could tell you a whole story.

Nowadays I usually try new indie games, but I am not a regular gamer anymore, especially since I've had a crazy idea : make my own game, like in the old days, but different.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:50:56 AM by Salicornia » Logged

Salicornia

Il n'est pas nécessaire d'espérer pour entreprendre.
tgp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: March 03, 2017, 07:03:39 AM »

Yow!

I'm Konstantinos, a tall greek guy who produces games under the well-thought alias of Tall Guy productions.

Big fan of Bioware & Nintendo (basically these two plus Blizzard kind of sums up my childhood & adolescence).

Haven't been playing a lot lately (unfortunately :/) but I value simple, accessible but deep design. I get turned off by narrative / gameplay inconsistencies or poorly justified game elements.

Seeing as this is a 500+ page long thread, I'm inclined to stop here but I'll be around so feel free to say hi Tongue
ohcatrina
Level 0

let's tell a story together.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10099 on: March 03, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »

Hey everybody! I'm Catrina, and I'm working on co-writing my first video game project. It's a visual novel, which has been a lot of fun for me as a writer transitioning from a more traditional narrative to games. I also write about movies all over the internet, and you can e-stalk me very easily on twitter at http://twitter.com/ohcatrina.

I'm here because I really want to learn more about the process as a whole: what developers are thinking of, how visual aspects of the game work in coherence with what I might write, etc.

I'm going to be a little more active as the weekend comes in, so I'm excited to talk to you all.  Gomez
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic