Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:27:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943330 times)
KartonGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10100 on: March 05, 2017, 07:52:32 AM »

Hi there, we are Karton Games, indie game dev studio from Macedonia, currently two guys and we are working on our first game called BOB RG-42.

Looking forward to be part of the community, keep up the good work!

Follow us on:
CritiestBunny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: March 05, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »

Hello TIG!

I'm a small indie studio from Indonesia called Critical Forge, and I'm Igor, one of founders and Creative Director.

This is going to be a bit of a crazy week for us! Can't wait to show you guys what we've been working on for Forged of Blood!
i&cow
Level 0

The Weave of Heroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10102 on: March 05, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »

Hi everyone !

I'm Alexandre and with my friend Julien. We are from Paris in France.
We began to create games for fun two years ago and now we have released our first finished and polished game on Android, The Weave of Heroes.

Julien is in charge of graphics, he's a cartoonist (cowkiller) and me (Alexandre), I did the code.
We use game maker studio.

We are very pleased to meet the TIG community  Smiley Beer!

The Weave of Heroes - Free RPG on Android
Silly storyline, wonderful art style, engrossing combat system
bynine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10103 on: March 07, 2017, 07:08:20 AM »

howdy folks! bynine here. i've been creating games ever since i was a kid - first pen & paper/board games, then stuff with rpg maker and game maker, and now finally i'm coding my own games - check my itch.io page in my signature for more on that! i dual program/art, and can do very basic music lol

i'd really like to make some amazing gaming experiences and hopefully being here will help that. i'd also like to help other creators when i can, because the more good games the better!

https://bynine.itch.io/ - check out my games here!
Ergo
Level 0

insolent children

View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: March 07, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »

Hello, TIGSource! Tiger

Been lurking here for a long time and finally decided it was time to join in on those sweet, sweet vibes!
Mainly because I've always wanted to comment on and (gasp!) even have my own devlog here. Crazy

I swear I'm not normally this crazy. But I'm just so excited! Gomez
I mean, I've wanted to be one of the cool kids posting on this forum since I started following the Minecraft devlog back in 2009.
Man. That was a long time ago.

Yes, anyway. Ahem. I'm a finnish grad-student (comp-sci) with just a few months left before graduation.
After that, I'll have to seek gainful employment again. So don't know for sure how active I'll be after this transitory period.
But let's just jump on that boat now that it's here and worry about waterfalls when they come!

So. Last year I promised to myself that I would finish my next project before the new year.
Till that point I had pretty much just accumulated half-finished prototypes and experiments by the bucketload and was very ready to get something done for once and finished my next one. I doubt I'm going to ever add all the polish it really needs.

But it's finished!

So now that I know I can actually make myself finish a project, I'm gonna start a new devlog here for my current project, so I can hopefully give it the feedback a growing game needs. And also to stop self-sabotaging and put myself out there to interact with dem peoples.
Dem peoples, mang!

Wow, this got a lot longer than it was supposed to. And I mostly blathered about my projects. Damn. Facepalm
Well, I should probably cut myself off here before I drown this whole thread. Peace!

himojoe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: March 08, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Aaron and I live in London. I started making games about two years ago and have just released my first game. I made the music, art, coded the game and voice acted in it (this is not a boast, I have no money). Though I only started making games recently I have always had an interest in games.

The first game I remember playing was probably Jurassic Park on my sisters Mega Drive. The first console that I could say was mine was the PlayStation One with MediEvil bundled with it.

I had my first thought of developing my own game in late 2012 after playing The Walking Dead Season 1. That game had a massive impact on me and I wanted to create something that could have that kind of effect on others.

I have to thank Tom Francis and Benjamin Anderson for their tutorials and courses.

I hope to meet nice people and become an active member in this community.
VoyagerGames
Level 0

Developer of Outer Colony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10106 on: March 09, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »

Hi, everyone! My name is Sam, and I'm a software engineer and indie game developer in the US.

I first got into gaming about 25 years ago, when I was a little kid. My dad had a 386, and my earliest gaming experiences were on Windows 3.1. I liked watching him play a variety of games back then, but the first sorts of games that I really started to play myself were the old Maxis games. I think Will Wright was a visionary and an innovator who was far ahead of his time, and games like SimEarth made me think about software in an entirely new way.

When I got older, I became a software engineer, and I've been working on translating my experience in other domains into indie game development. As a consumer, I love the way that indie games have taken up the mantle of innovation in the last decade! I think that pushing the boundaries of what software can be is one of the coolest functions of the indie dev community, and I love experimental and novel sorts of projects. I think that the developers on this forum are carrying on the tradition of past software cowboys, and that's made me want to get involved with this community.

As for what I play these days, I don't have a ton of time for gaming anymore, and most of the AAA stuff doesn't really catch my eye at this point. If I'm stuck on a plane or waiting at a train station, I can always load up DOSBox and enjoy my favorite Maxis games from 20 years ago, though. I think that sort of staying power is the hallmark of an amazing project, and I think that's what I aspire to someday create.

I still love SimEarth:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Developer of Outer Colony.
AlexSkylark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »

Hello, Everybody Smiley

My name is Alessandro Arantes, and I'm a solo indie dev from São Paulo, Brazil

I've been playing games ever since I was 10, and from there I pretty much dabbled in a lot of stuff. I was vocalist in a rock band, dabbled into musical theatre (nothing professional, tho), and now I'm a seasoned software engineer with 10 years experience. However, my true calling always was to make games, and now I'm pursuing this life-long dream with Radiant LUX.

I'm a HUGE JRPG fan, and my favorite games are the jRPGs of the SNES era. Like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger <3

I'm truly happy to meet you all :D

EcoParty
« Reply #10108 on: March 12, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »

Hey Guys, I'm a software engineer in the bay area after recently graduating from a computer science program at university. I love playing all sorts of games overwatch, shenzen io, rocket league and I also love making video games. I have been working on my own small projects since the days of C# and XNA and back then I was making pong clones and variants to pick up the basics but now I am a lot more comfortable with bigger/3D projects. I have also worked with a team on shipping a game that did reasonably ok for six months work with a few other guys.

I've lurked this community and the game dev subreddits for a long time and love playing the early stage prototypes people put out on here. I am interested in doing game dev full time which is why I try to work on projects and prototypes to get better and maybe release something I can seriously put full time effort behind.
St0rmSlaSh
Level 0

St0rmSlaSh

View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: March 13, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »

I have been away from the keyboard for a while from this website as a high school career does get busy... But here goes nothing!

My name is Tyler, and I have a passion for computers. It all started when my Dad got me my own computer case and power supply for my birthday, and that sparked my love for technology. Even though I never finished that computer, I still enjoy learning all the different aspects of a computer. One time, I had this old Windows XP Home Edition computer at my house and I wanted to put it together, as it was missing some parts. So I sat in my room and started fiddling with it, taking it apart, looking up videos on YouTube and so on. When I finally finished, I secretly put it into my room so I can play some Star Wars dark Forces on it lol. Eventually, my parents knew and my dad, who knows a hella ton about computers, was asking me all these questions about how I put it together and so on. I felt so proud of myself for putting that piece of technology together that it made me obtain the passion of creating things. Right now, I am a freshman in high school and I can program (A little bit). I mainly use Game Maker Studio as I am in love with their built-in language and that I can create my own video games (Which is what I wanted to do for a long time). And I hope that one day, I will be a software engineer so that I can just sit and do the thing that I love the most, creating things.

Now here's a little bit about myself...

My favorite thing in the whole wide world is Star Wars, as I cannot get enough of it!

My first game I had ever made was a Pong Clone I made in HTML5, which the help of Udemy lol.

I started to really get into hardcore gaming when my Father built his 2200$ computer and we had everything from Black Ops II to Star Wars the old Republic (When it was actually fun to play). Unfortunately, that computer got fried after one of my cousins was messing around with a yoga ball...   Facepalm

My favorite superhero is Shazam

My all time favorite video game character would have to be Cloud from FFVII (Dad beat it like 7 times!!).

My favorite video games include FFVII, Quake 3, and World of Warcraft (Preferably Vanilla).  Wizard

And that's basically it! Hope you guys have loved it!

bonickhausen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10110 on: March 14, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »

howdy!

My name is Cassiano. I'm from Brazil. I'm 21 years old. I currently work at a VR company thingy.

I'm making games because I love to play games. Here are some of my favorite games:

- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
 - Quake 1
 - Half-Life
 - Team Fortress 2
 - Deus Ex 1
 - Burnout 3
 - Fallout 3
 - The Phantom Pain
 - The Nameless Mod
 - Dark Souls
 - STALKER

I'm also a huge sucker for old analog synthesizers. I enjoy electronic music. I like:

- Aphex Twin
 - Boards of Canada
 - John Carpenter
 - deadmau5
 - Trevor Something
 - Giorgio Moroder
 - S U R V I V E
 - Gorillaz
 - The Chemical Brothers
 - I Monster
 - STRFKR

I also spend a lot of my time in internet forums.

I'm also a huge fan of Problem Sleuth.

Also here, have a pic:

so yeah. that's me!

bonickhausen#4392 (DISCORD)
bonickhausen (TWITTER)
Sakis25
Level 0

Sakis25 Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10111 on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Sakis, I'm an indie games developer from Greece. I started game development as a hobby in early 2005 with Game Maker. I was one of the first developers back then who give more focus on 3D games using Game Maker (which is mostly for 2D games).
Most people may know me from Game Maker Community (with username sakisa) as the creator of the games Crimelife, Guns & Spurs, Mythology, Super Smash Battle and many more.
Now I'm using Unity3D to make games for iOS and Android. My most recent game 'Angel in Danger' which is a 3D platformer is published by Crescent Moon Games for iOS and Android.

In my real job I work as a web developer for a company here in Greece. I know C#, Javascript, html, css, php. I also work as a graphics artist and I also design the graphics for my own games (2D and 3D).
Today game development is my second job, still with the same passion and excitement.

- My portfolio here: http://sakisrogkas.weebly.com
- My games developed with Game Maker can be found here.: http://sakis25games.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-pc-games.html
- My published iOS and Android games be found here: http://www.store-sakis25games.com
mandy
Level 0

Programmer, gamer, wife, nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10112 on: March 15, 2017, 07:45:01 AM »

Hi Gentleman! I'm Mandy...I'm awkward, I'm a gamer, a programmer and a hobbyist of many things(brewing/fermenting, learning bass guitar, and running).  I was about 5 or 6 years old when my older bro got a NES for Xmas (which I still have) and I remember playing the staples along with some more obscure games like Three Stooges and Puss in Boots.  Yeah, from that point forward I was hooked and my addiction grew into Genesis and PlayStation.  Fast forward a couple of years (ok more than a couple Shocked) and now my hubby and I have an overwhelming collection of games and consoles. 

This love of games and my husbands career as a Graphic Artist sparked my interest in learning to code. I started out learning Obj-C and we created our company, Black Hive Media to publish mobile games and apps.  Since that time seven years ago, I've moved in to C++ using Cocos2d-x and now C# in Unity for our new Steam game Kova http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883034224

This is me when I'm eyeballs deep in code:

And this is our site where we are pimping our new game:
http://www.kovagame.com/

I have a back log of games, but more than anything I'm looking forward to Mass Effect: Andromeda  Tears of Joy

Other half of Black Hive Media
Working on our Xbox Game, AlphaLink
Find me on the socials @She_Who_Codes
egyware
TIGBaby

I'm very lazy

View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: March 15, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »

HI I'm egyware

I'm new here, and I game developer. Actually I'm working make 2D games in Unreal Engine 4.

That is all for now.

egyware
Skiplit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: March 16, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »

Hey,

I'm a student in the United States making a really cool but really hard 2D puzzle game for iOS... I'm also trying to make a 3D voxel game, but that'll take some (a lot) of time (for those of you familiar with Stack Overflow... about 6 to 8 weeks to be exact)

Thats about it.
OpticalOverride (Alex)
Level 0

25 - Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: March 17, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex, I'm 25, and I'm a programmer. I've been a full time game dev for almost 2 years now.

The Miracle of Birth
When I was around 1 year old, my older brother got an NES as a present. To be honest, I can't remember the first time I picked up the controller. To me, video games have just always been there.

Growth and Learning
Around the age of 12 I began teaching myself to program just to make video games. By 16 I had made a handful of small games: a top-down Smash TV-like shooter, a 2 player first person shooter where players rode Segways so I didn't have to animate legs, among others. I would love to show some screenshots but unfortunately these have been long lost to the ether of new computers and corrupted old hard drives Sad

Fighting Each Other
My real love of games came from playing with my brother at a young age. Games were something we both deeply enjoyed and could keep our attention for hours. It was maybe the only thing that allowed us at that young age to comfortably sit together for longer than a few minutes and I've always attributed that time to our bonding.

The Middle of the Film
While this isn't the middle of the post, I felt it necessary to add this part in to keep the Meaning of Life reference going.

Live Organ Transplants
These headers are starting to make less and less sense... I'll use this section to describe my current situation. I spent a few years programming professionally making educational "games" and have since quit to pursue indie game development full time. I'm working on a game called Null Vector, a rogue-lite arcade game for the Oculus Rift and monitor.

The End of the Film
Ok, I skipped a few parts but I think I've said enough.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:14:40 PM by OpticalOverride (Alex) » Logged

Null Vector devlog (an arcade roguelite game) https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60300.0
Discosmurf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: March 17, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

Hey!

My name is Martin and I'm a one-person independent game/software developer from rainy Bergen, Norway.
I can still remember the first time I pressed play on the tape player back in the damned 80s. Waiting for the tape to slowly find its spot.

"FOUND LAST NINJA"

Typing into the sweet C64 keyboard: "RN"
"SYNTAX ERROR"
*Darn..*
"RUN"

.........wait a bit more........que one of the BEST loading tunes EVER composed for a video game.
For those who are too young to remember:

A that very moment I knew that gaming was going to hold a special place in my life. And it still does, 30 years later.
Considering that The Legend of Zelda and the Final Fantasy series came into my life at about the same time, it's probably no surprise that it's the adventure/role playing genre that I value most.
I did som pen+paper AD&D back in the 90s, but unfortunately I found it more interesting to go to parties and chase girls around.
But I always came back to the games.

Moments I'll never forget:
- Crying as the credits rolled after finishing A Link to the Past for the first time. I didn't want it to end. It has never happened to me ever again.
(in fact, I had the same experience with a book once: 'Shogun' by James Clavell. Read it!)
- The Monkey Island Series. Look behind you! A three headed monkey!
- The BIG reveal in Knights of the Old Republic.
- Fallout 3. I was going through a rough breakup, and the capital wastelands was the perfect place to get away from it all.
- Dear, dear, beloved Little Big Planet. Ah.. My first experience with "game development". It has a LOT in common! Especially developing logic in LBP2.

Ok, I guess that's it for now.

Love,

Discosmurf

SageGoneRogue
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10117 on: March 18, 2017, 03:01:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael. I've been making games in some form for as long as I can remember. As a young lad, I started with complicated but fragile paper creations, and eventually moved on to teach myself Q-Basic. Game mechanics are a bizarre compulsion for me... Whenever I encounter an interesting game, I tend to figure out the ins and outs, and proceed to break them. At this point, I've been floating around the game dev industry for nearly 15 years, mostly as a freelancer, doing primarily game design and 2D art stuff.

The most important life lesson taught to me by a game is: you can let your sins crush you, or make you into a better person, and that choice is entirely yours. That game was the woefully underrated Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. (It's also taught me not to use a weird feather to sacrifice my friends. No opportunity to apply that lesson yet.)

Card games are my jam.

Current project is Spellspun, an indie game about friendship and magic. And disappointment. And dying a lot.
Demo link: https://sagegonerogue.itch.io/spellspun

I hope to be around quite a bit and get to know everyone here.  Smiley

HornyDilbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: March 19, 2017, 01:31:38 AM »

Hello, I am new. Please don't be mean to me. I'm nine years old and my dad is the mayor, so it is illegal to be mean to me.
Arko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: March 19, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

Hi everybody,

I live in France and I'm a "video game enthusiast". The problem is, I have absolutely no time playing, as I'm always busy drawing, making animated films or, developing video games !
I'm looking forward showing you guys what I'm working on.

Cheers !  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic