Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:09:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953291 times)
ElcaelumRoger
Level 0

Currently working on Project FantasĂ­a

View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: March 19, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »

Hi everybody! Been a reader of the forums for a long time but only now I've decided to be an active user. I'm Roger. I am part of a videogame-developing team called Elcaelum located in Lima-PerĂș. Last year we launched our first game called "Gobernators", a 2.5D platformer targeted pretty much exclusively to a peruvian audience but that you should try anyway since a lot of non-peruvian people seem to like it and because it's free :D (It's on Steam, PC (Direct download) and Android).

We are currently working in our second game and it's planned to be much, MUCH bigger than our first project. You can see information in our website but it's currently only in spanish http://elcaelum.com/proyecto-fantasia/  (We'll be working in an english version before long, promise)

What can I say about me? The first 25 years of my life I've absoutely loved videogames and, as every gamer, I always wanted to make one myself, but I always thought of it as nothing but a pipedream since I was of the idea that programming was something reserved for only the smartest people on earth. Then, I turned 26, and the idea of making my own videogame got so big in my head that I forced myself to learn programming in Unity. Fast forward three years later and I'm still programming! Learning Unity's C# encouraged me to learn VBA and SQL and both became pretty much my dayjob, and during my free time, I'm still working very, very hard in our next game.

Also, these are my three favorite games of all time :D (At the time I'm writing this, at least):

Hope to have a great time here with the videogame developing community  Gentleman

Hello everyone!

I'm Richard from rebel rabbit.

We are an independent game studio located in Lima, Peru.

CAAAAUSSSAAAA !!
gamechuck
Level 0

How many games could a gamechuck chuck?

View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »

Hello, all!  Gentleman

We're GAMECHUCK, a new game development company. We're here to promote games and chew bubblegum! And we're all out of pop references. Cool

Here are some of our fav games, so you know "where we're coming from": X-Com Apocalypse, Fallout 2, Grim Fandango, Deus Ex, Fable, Bastion, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, Besiege, Don't Starve, Red Alert, FTL....... Let's stop there.

Toast Left Toast Left Toast Left

Check out the first game by Gamechuck:<br /><br />http://store.steampowered.com/app/663240/All_You_Can_Eat/
FreeFly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: March 20, 2017, 05:03:28 AM »

Damn I feel like I just found my paradise! :D

Hello everyone folks, this is Riccardo, 26, from Italy, and as many of you here I guess, I am an Indie Programmer and a wannabe AAA programmer! When I was 2 years old I couldn't sleep without my father in the room, and just to keep me company, he moved his old Amiga to my room. He thought he'd move us closer, which it did, but it also moved me closer to that fantastic machine with noisy floppy drives and lights everywhere! Since then, I've always been an addicted, I have played as semi-pro on ESL (CoD4) and some other flight simulators competitions around Italy, and while I was not practicing, I was giving my soul to Ultima Online, the only MMORPG I've ever enjoyed.

When I started my higher education, I decided to went straight for something I could one day use to make videogames, and i studied Digital Humanities. I just recently graduated with a dissertation about procedural building creation in Unity Editor, and I am now applying for a job all over the world. Meanwhile, I am also trying to enrich my portfolio by building some small games. So far i didn't publish anything, which is the reason why I joined the forum. I want to have a small corner, like a virtual garage, where I can build my stuff and show them to people who understand how struggling it is, I got really frustrated when I showed my dissertation to my parents, over 6.000 lines of optimized wonderful code and just a "it's nice" in return. I have also joined other forums recently, but I've had the impression that they are just built to self-promote stuff, and it's not what I am looking for. Just by looking at the forum version here I feel like home, the old fashioned bulletin boards and emoji, no fast reply, simple graphics, I do really love how this place appears, and I hope I will soon be able to join most of the discussions :D

Beside the programming part, in my free time I also play medieval sword fighting (also known as HMB). Basically, i dress up like an old medieval knight, with full armor and plate, and I start hitting people with axes :D I am almost 2m (6.6") tall, and definitely not a lightweight, which makes it even funnier! I also love to travel, I've spent one year living in London and one living in Taipei, and I am currently preparing my next adventure, the Mongol Rally!

It should be all, for now! Tongue
NealWh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: March 20, 2017, 10:36:27 AM »

Hi All!

My name is Neal.  Been a reader of the forums but only just recently realised I can actually post stuff here now! (was too used to working under NDA...).  Been working on games for a living for over 13 years now after getting a lucky break to start after university.  Started as a scripter and more recently in the last 5 years moved into tools programming before the company I worked for shutdown.  So now am working independently in a small team on my first game where I've so far done all the coding (quite nerve racking!).  Hope I can contribute something of interest in time...

Cheers!

Currently working on Kynseed | Playtesting
corpor8creations
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:16 AM »

Salve!

I'm an italian engineering student! I've always been interested in coding and I decided to learn C#. From then on, turning to Unity and developing games came naturally! I'm developing a startup simulation game and will be looking for feedback in the coming days!

Thank you for readin this,
Alexis
Svanberg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10125 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »

Hello everyone,

Just registrerad, been lurking for a couple of years. I have been working on a game for the last year and a half, first computer game I've tried to make, and first time programing in 15 years or so. I wish I would have gotten back into programming and into game making sooner!

Here are some of the games I've played the most, recently and not so recently, Zelda 2, Dark Souls, Factorio, Stellaris, Civ 4, Civ 5, Super Metroid, Quake 2 and World of Warcraft. ;)

I'm hoping finally registring will get me to start a devlog sooner rather the later, I still feel sort of weird showing people my work..

monq
« Reply #10126 on: March 22, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »

Hey

This is my 2nd account on TS, my first one was impulse9 (you can check out my failed devlog here). It's been so long since I posted here I figured it's easier if I just make a new account and start from scratch.

Anyway, a bit about me. I'm 29, from Slovenia, I've been a programmer since I can remember and game development is basically my primary passion in life. Currently I'm doing freelance programming for a living. My goal is to one day start a game development company and who knows what may happen from there on. In the meanwhile I'd like to rejoin this community which I've neglected for years while my life was in a disarray.

That's all for now, I wish you all happy deving Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:00:07 PM by monq » Logged
Sohkdev
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: March 23, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »

Hi, everyone, I am a programmer, and learn unity 3d for two years, and recently make some game with unity.
bengonline
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: March 24, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »

Hey I'm Ben G. I'm a musician and cartoonist.  Joined to find a programmer who is as good at what he does, as I am at what I do.  To make a game, and maybe even found a company.
whimward
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: March 24, 2017, 11:37:43 PM »

Hi I'm Jeremy, a graphic designer working on a game. Nice to meet you all. Smiley
Buhhr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: March 25, 2017, 11:32:42 AM »

As this threads seems more or less compulsory:

Hey,

I've been playing video games (primarily on PC) for as long as i can remember and making them, on and off, since I was around
eleven years old. Hence joining this forum seems like a good idea. Also a friend recommended it-ish.

Concerning video games, I enjoy and do work with nearly every component that substantiate them. I compose music, do art (pixel art mostly), code/programme/script/etc, level/system and mechanic design, and also write sorta. I'm still an amateur in
mostly ever subject but feel I'm at a pretty decent point.

Enjoy mainly RPGs, MMOs, Platformers and then some more other genres.
I love art in every form be it classical or modern and in nearly every medium. In games i mostly appreciate art style and direction, atmosphere, music, "feel" and story.

As of this post i'm in the last semester of upper-secondary school where i've been going through an education with focus
on game design and development.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is like, my life.

That's all I'm writing for now, see you all around  Wink

Also I'm a cancer(the zodiac sign) and English is not my first tongue.
tom-gt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: March 26, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »

Hello everyone,
my name's is Thomas I'm 31, I live in France. I've been passionate about video games for about 20 years now; the most part of my life.

I decided to go indie dev after a half-hearted attempt to work in science. I know how to code well (python, PHP, java, C++, etc.) with a specialty in AI.
I know the basics for creating video games. I haven't released any astounding game yet. With a friend of mine we've released 2 mobile games and this experience taught me a lot. Those games are:
  • fresh your world!
  • kansas challenge
they were published for both Android & iOS. We had a decent amount of downloads but only in France (our country), I wanna continue and improve. I'm registering on tigsource in order to share my work, and maybe receive some useful feedback about a new project that I'm leading... More to come soon Wink

I'm glad to join what seems to be a great community here!
I look forward to reading interesting stories from you guys! Long life to indie devs Beer!
dangrnoodl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10132 on: March 26, 2017, 02:30:17 PM »

Hi all, DN here. Just getting into indie dev and will probably hang out here a bit, sharing things and hoping to get to know some of you!

yaida
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: March 26, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »

Hello! I'm a college student and one man developer living in Korea(South). I'm not good at english But I can read and understand with the help of a translator. Nice to meet you!
hammi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: March 26, 2017, 06:32:59 PM »

i'm hammi i'm a one man indie game dev team i guess
i study algorithmics (used to study networks)
i used to work with ue4 but now i mainly use unity and use blender for modeling
my c++ and c# skills are shit i'm more into algorithms and maths and i program alot in java and c for my research in uni

nice meeting everybody .!

PsyNami
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: March 27, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »

Hey everyone,

I am a hobbyist game developer working on my first 'real' project.  I am the sole member of my one-man team (Can I even call it a team? Maybe if I talk to myself more).

I got into video games as a kid and always wanted to make a game but I would always use the excuse of:
    I can't draw or create art,
    I can't code and it's too hard to learn,
    I don't have a good idea.

Well now that I have entered my 30s it's time to change all that!  I just picked up Unity3D and making an offshoot game to a currently hot IP with the intention of just "leveling up" my skills and providing something free to a community I love.

I plan on posting a Devlog here on the forums to help track everything (I already have a devlog locally on my computer).

Look forward to meeting like-minded people here.
fsvieira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: March 28, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »

My name is Filipe Vieira, I think I love colorful pictures, when I was a kid I buy nintendo magazines without having a console lol. I first started to love games when I got my Amiga 500 computer, I still think they had a high quality even for today standards. Now I play more casual games and like a good puzzle, or some creative mini game. I had develop some games, but most of them never released or got lost in time. I like logical games, and point and click adventure games.

Cheers!
kmlau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: March 28, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »

Hi all. My name is William and I'm a dev from Hong Kong! Nice to meet you all
Pretzel Bros Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10138 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »

Hi,

my name is Alex and I'm from Bavaria. Nice to meet you! Gentleman

LilayM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: March 29, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »

Sup! Name's Lilay (for the internet purposes at least), 22, Poland-US (as in, studying in US rn, otherwise Polish). I may or may not have spent my youth drawing hundreds of Assassin's Creed comics - when I wasn't busy playing videogames anyway. In-between learning how to code. Then I went to animation school (art+film). Stumbled into (tracked down) a gamemaking club.

Some 2 years later I realized that "I can't make videogames it's too hard" excuse sounds stupid coming from someone who's made a few games (collabs) already. So I started making games instead.

Game design is a lot of fun, and I this seems like the place to talk about that xP So, hello everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic