Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:03:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944316 times)
Chigley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10140 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »

Hello! My name is Chris Shrigley. I'm a programmer and full time indie dev, living and working in the suburbs of Los Angeles, and I'm currently working on a dungeon crawler/RPG/Roguelike for Steam/PC/Console. I've been a games programmer for a looong time, starting on the C64 in 1983 (yeah, I'm really old, sorry). I've worked on loads of games over the years, both as a "professional" and indie, on all sorts of platforms. Right now I'm buried in Unity and C#, trying to finish up my latest creation.

I'm part of a (really) small team, comprising of Myself (production/programming), Damon (art/design), Jan (music/composition), and Ted (writing/design). Collectively we're called Giant Space Monster, and we hope to have our first game out by the end of this year.

Really nice to meet you all!
fei
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: March 29, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »

Hi guys, my name's Feili, I'm a full time indie game maker, have 10 years in the game industry as a 3D artist then became producer for 3 years, but I'm interested in all aspect of making games, really.

I studied Game Design, coding in C#, story telling, making music both digital and instrumental, and of course, 3D modeling, texturing rig skinning animations, compositing, and graphic designs.

Overall I'm just a crazed workaholic, maybe I'll find others like me around here?  Toast Left

I have several projects I'd like to show, that's why I'm here.

By the way, of course I'm also a huge gamer, started from amstrad CPC, went through most consoles and played and maybe finished many obscure to popular games. Nowaday I play for work as much as I play for fun, but anyway, nice to meet you all!
Squals
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: March 30, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »

Heyo,

Name's Pascal, I've been a 3D artist in the gaming industry for over 7 years now, worked on games like How to train your dragon, Jurassic World, TMNT, Battlestar Galactica ext ext but now working on my own indy games :D Cheers all

Pascal
www.edgestudiosinc.com
tim sundin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: March 30, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »

Hey, my name is Tim Sundin, I work at Mutate which is a small company in Stockholm. I studied 3D graphics and animation and i am  now working full time as an animator. This is my first foray into the games industry and I really appreciate working with a small team and a focused project.

I got into gaming on the NES, playing turtles 2 with my friend for hours every day after school. No other medium really tests your patience as games do.. because for a 9 year old that game can be brutal Smiley
Over the years my appreciation for how you can communicate with the player through game-play and subtle storytelling elevated the medium above others for me, not that there aren't mindless games that can be fun as well.

The game we are making now is a light rpg for mobile where you defend against hordes of enemies. We are trying to make it accessible but also challenge our players.
khlyeong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Indie developer.

so I want to be friends with you.

Please take care!
BoringSongVGM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: March 31, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »

I'm BoringSongVGM. I'm making a video game. It's exciting to make a video game. Sorry for only using TIG to advertise said video game as of now, I'll make sure to be active in Playtesting, it seems like a cool place.
Jondob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: March 31, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Hey everyone;
Name's Mo'tasem im from jordan, and 20 year old(almost) and i major in physics.

how did you get introduced to gaming?

it was back when i was three years old, i simply remember observing my brothers and sisters as they were playing on one big old Pentium 3 Computer. there were a lot of games on the computer as i remember, and i did play a bunch of them, but what stuck to my mind, was specifically one game genre, or to be even more specific, one game out of all of them.
and out of that one game.
This Game:

and with this as my most memorable moment from it.

if i were to say, i'd say, this is my crush, but what sealed the deal and turned my crush into love was this game.

and the game moment actually did seal the deal was this.

when i think about it, it really was simply that moment, nothing more than that. back then, i was a 4-something year old arab boy who simply could not speak nor read english, so i was not really able to know, what is going on, or what i was supposed to do (which is make the engineer repair the bridge).
i remember, spending a lot of time, just spamming conscripts, and trying to find a way, but there was nothing there was nothing i could do, at one point i was about to give up, and simply abandon that game, and say "oh that is just point less and leave to do what kids do best(i dont remember what exactly, but i remember almost quitting <3).",
it was that point,when my brother passed by me, and simply said "you do this...". and as soon as the bridge within the game got repaired, and my conscripts flooded the allies base, my eyes shone and widened as it was the moment when my crush turned into love, when i knew, i simply can say with peace and safety, i love that !.
and now to this day, 16 year or so later, i am still a Hard Core RTS Nerd.

p.s. yes i am a soviet player :D even in Red Alert 3 <3)

What are your passions?  

as you can probably tell from reading the above text, i love RTS Games, and also, love writing and stories too.
i did attempt writing a novel (four times, every time i end up with failure). those would be pretty much my biggest passions, stories, and RTS games.

i also like karate im a big bad black belter  Ninja (i got black belt at it)., and watching anime. (Favorite Anime: Stien Gate, and for the second anime despite it being full of flaws i simply turned a blind eye for them, i'd say Future Diary).

What makes you tick?

a neat well designed RTS, with compelling beautiful strong (not hard, strong) scripted and fair campaign/missions. with interesting story, and exciting multiplayer to support it? Count Me In !.

combining all those together, i found out that, i simply, i want to make such games. i do realize that, RTS games are one of the hardest games to make, so what im doing is climbing my way up and honing my skills through making simpler games till i reach this goal of mine, which is creating a game that makes me tick.

if you do not give up, then you can not lose.
FluffexStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10147 on: April 02, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »

We are FluffexStudios,

just a bunch of nerds interested in making games Smiley

Check out our game Stitched on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/727340/Stitched/
EdAg
Level 0

Eduardo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10148 on: April 02, 2017, 03:32:24 PM »

Hi everyone
My name is Eduardo, I'm a software engeering college student from Mexico. I'm 20. I first got introduced to gaming back when I first played mario in my brother's Nintendo 64, magnificent game. I first started making games when I was in highschool and enjoy the heck out of it. My favorite games include Halo Reach, Portal 2, Risk of Rain, Lost Planet 2 and many others.
So yeah, hello

Awsome Signature
Ormanus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: April 03, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »

Hello!
I'm a software engineering student from Finland. I love programming and making games.
Anything from microchips to VR, I've made at least a small prototype of a game on it. Now looking for a job and "real" game projects...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -A. C. Clarke
TalalDev
Level 0

Cupcakes lover

View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »

Good Morning everybody !
My name is Talal, I'm an aspiring game developer (I guess?)
I've never really worked with anything yet, I'm a highschool student and I just started.
my town doesn't really support game making, so there's not much opportunities for me here, or rather none at all!  Mock Anger
I learnt how to become a  Wizard through hard dedication and work. and found myself in the internet.

but in all honesty, there's not really much to say. When I was little I bought the GBA (good days) where I started playing games on it, then eventually played on my family's old PS1 which was hardly WORKING!
then, the PS2. probs my favorite console! So much memories so much good games. and cheap games to say the least.
I've eventually started learning English from these games, and then I moved to online multiplayer PC games and facebook games where I would say "Hi help hrd dungen" >> The most perfect English grammar. to say the least

After a while I realized "Hey, i'm so cringe-y" and I decided to improve my English, low and behold here I am!
not the best, not the worst tho!
I started making RPG games for my sisters when I was around 10 and I used to make 5% of the story then move on to another project. my sisters were very patient at the time yes, But I had so much fun making these bosses and everything without the need of programming!
at the age of 13 I released a game called "Go To Sleep" about jeff the killer, it's an achievement to be honest, but now when I look at it I'm like "WHY" and "WHO WOULD MAKE A GAME ABOUT JEFF?!" and "THE STORY COULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF IT WAS ORIGINAL".
recently I've been working as a writer (for myself, and for some ppl. I write stories for free on another website but I've stopped) I've been working on a story for one of my sisters for 2 years now, It's a gift for her, and I've been also practicing my drawing in the same book. so it's like a Visual story. (Does that make sense?)
3 months ago I started an Online javascript course, then I went on to game maker and decided to make a game! yay?
although the game has no story, nothing of what I've written. It's just a game of knowledge. in other words, I learn from it.
I'm far from creating my perfect games with my perfect stories!
I'm planning on making some small games and get the most out of them, before starting on something "Medium"
Anyway, that's it I guess!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and hope I can meet and get to know some of you guys!

If you\\\\\\\'re interested,<br />Check my game on gamejolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/a-cats-life/244605<br />or on indieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/a-cats-life<br />Your support is greatly appreciated!
ManuScythe
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: April 04, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »

Hey I'm Manu Scythe!
 and I met videogames when I was 7 years old thanks to my NES (Super Mario Bros, Excitebike, Karateka, Kung Fu...)

I spent my youth playing everything at my reach, from warhammer, to Magic tg, flirted with Dungeons & Dragons (which later would sink me into Neverwinter Nights really hard, I even spent a whole summer sneaking into the computer at nights to create my own campaigns using the inbuilt editor).

I have always had a thing for character sheets and how they sintetize characters' essence.

Once I tried Nwn and Diablo II I literally became obsesed with character building and that never stopped, Dark Souls games are my playground nowadays.

To be honest, I would have loved to study video game development, but at the time I wouldn't even think that working in videogames was a real world possibility (not in Europe anyway) So I enroled University's "Audiovisual Comunication Bachelor's Degree".

My first contact with the industry was after college, I was doing my internship in Online Marketing in this team lead by this ex-google guy. A coleague encouraged me to join a local workshop in Madrid on "How to create a Game Design Document". After that day, my life changed forever.
 Two things became water clear:
(1) I needed to become a game designer. It is what I had been doing my entire life, since the school desk, I just didn't know it had a name or it was a job!

(2) I didn't even remotelly have the required money to afford studing a master's degree on game design, so I decided to create my own.

I spent all the money from the internship on attending to events and gather as much knowledge as possible to create a self-taught program and pitched it to my family. My father's black eyebrows were a bit skeptical at first, but they eventually bended in a gesture of approval.

I only needed to make some money for rent and food (and purchasing a Game Maker license) as -luckily- my laptop had survived college so, I took time Jobs mainly as Atrezzo assistant, event staff and bartender. I followed my program and after 2 years, 15 minigames and one 45-min Graphic Adventure later I got a job in Barcelona's F2P industry as Game and Level designer.

I worked in Barcelona for a year and a half on many small games, then a year ago "The Force" contacted me and a I joined my current team in Sevilla where I work as Game designer and lead level designer for a Star Wars casual game.

What games do really shake my Soul?

They are gems like FFVII, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus, VTM Bloodlines or Dark Souls.

I need to do my own game to let all my ideas and feelings fly and express  myself, so for the last year I have been sinking my free time on a little project called "DuelCide". It was originally called "RPG Duels" and it goes like this:

"A creepy covenant is congregating countless poor souls at the gates of a cursed castle, where they are said to duel to death for a mysterious prupose.    "

I started a post in Jun 2016 about Duelcide here in TigSource:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56837.0

I wish to put together a solid demo of this game for the end of this year. I am doing this game because I need it, but if someone else among you guys actually honestly likes it as I do, I guess it would be Super Awesome.

That's pretty much it for the moment ^^ And this is me eating a pistachio icecream:

Oh I also love board Sports like cooking, skate, surf, and snowboard (but not ironing), Dancing and Parkour. Oh and I recently joined a dojang to become a Samurang (which is the korean equivalent of Samurai) Tongue
Thanks for reading and for being such an amazing comunity!

DuelCide A Dark ARPG about dueling, taking lives & dealing with consequences.
vybr
Level 0

Twitter: @vyybr

View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: April 04, 2017, 05:41:46 AM »

Hey people. My name is Chris and I'm a fledgling indie developer from the UK.
I've been making games for over a year now and thoroughly enjoy it. I consider myself to be more of an artsy/creative person but taking on the programming side of games has been a pleasure.
I play a lot of games, though not as many as I used to. Right now I play Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, AC4: Black Flag and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

See you around!

Twofold Tales
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: April 04, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »

Hello,
we are Michael and Evelyn, a couple from Vienna (Austria). We founded our own indie game development studio called Twofold Tales.

We both love games since we are kids and this love for games also binds us together like glue Smiley
We especially like adventure games and that's also the reason why we keep this post short, so we can continue playing Thimbleweed Park now Grin

wavv
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: April 04, 2017, 07:13:53 PM »

Hello all,

I am a programmer who is learning pixel art. I'm mostly here to support the community and gain inspiration for my own projects!

Have a good one  Smiley
Koicrow
Level 0

Cryptic Corvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10155 on: April 05, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

Hello!

I am a young, self-taught artist who wishes to use that very skill in game development, as well as learning programming and various other things that can help tie a game together.

Games have always been a huge part of my life. It has always been a dream of mine to create one myself and have others experience the world I crafted for their enjoyment. I thought starting here would help me get one step closer in reaching that dream, and perhaps I can even lend a supporting hand to other Indie game creators trying to achieve the same thing.

Hope to see you around!
bobbytwohands
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: April 05, 2017, 12:12:43 PM »

Hi,

I'm a programmer with a background in artificial intelligence. My primary interest is in ecosystems of interacting agents/NPCs, which are entirely able to create interesting world developments without the player's intervention (see Crusader Kings, most 4Xs, dwarf fortress legends mode/history gen...).

Good luck in your own projects
liranjulia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: April 06, 2017, 08:59:06 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Liran and I do 3D design, a bit of programming, marketing related stuff and probably more things I'm forgetting in my hubby and my small indie studio (named Mooi Studios). I am a Biologist in education but two years ago decided to make a huge pivot to video games and learned everything I know online. Smiley
aidanmarsh95
« Reply #10158 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »

Hello, my name's Aidan, and I'm new here as of today (April 6th 2017). I'm 16 years old, and have been programming/coding games for about 2 years now. I started out with Python 3.2, QB64, and Visual C++. Then, I started making projects with Zilch, which at the moment is probably my favorite programming language. In the future, I want to get feedback on future projects that I will be making. Then I can improve on those projects! Smiley
Venando
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: April 07, 2017, 02:07:41 AM »

Hellow!

I'm self-taught programmer. Currently working in Mentality.dev - group 5 not so experienced and dedicated friends.

Learning pass of mine was Android native -> ios -> unity. Though I spend a lot of time working in unity I personally released only 1 game with it, and abandoned other, and currently finished third.

My favorite games are: Gothic 2, TES Morrowind, Monster hunter series and probably Dota 1-2 I spend a largest number of hours playing it.

I was fantasy book enthusiast back in the days, my favorites are: The Black Company, The Wheel of time series. But recently (1.5 years ago) I jumped from reading books to watching anime.

Found this forum in reddit awhile ago, reddit post contained something about "Playtesting" part of the forum. I thought that it would be great to have feedback for my game from here to. So after finishing my game and creating beta, I registered here and wrote my own feedback on some android game here.

About team. We published few games in google play, without much success. Though there is 5 of us each app and game where created with an effort of one programmer and artist (And we have only 1 artist). And now we planing to create our first big PC game, frankly I have low hopes for success, because each of us have different skill level and zero experience with collaboration.

I'm not really forum enthusiast, it's second one that I registered in, and I'm not participated or lurked much in first. But I hope I'll stick for some time here.

English is not my native language, and I'll gratefully accept any corrections or advises on that part.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic