Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:10:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944320 times)
meshcube
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: April 07, 2017, 02:09:57 AM »

Hello, my name is Slava, and I'm a beginner indie developer. I'm 16 years old. I was born in  Russia, but currently I live in Israel. I started learning Java 2.5 years ago. Now I really enjoy developing Android games. I've published my first one a little bit more then a year ago. Today I'm publishing my 4th Android game. Three previous games were made using LibGDX engine with Android Studio. Last game is developed using Unity. I also make all art for my games myself in Photoshop.

Good Luck!
RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10161 on: April 08, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »

We are a tiny team of 3 full time Indie Games makers based in Taiwan.
 Smiley

Grouch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: April 09, 2017, 02:55:00 AM »

Hello everbody !!

My name is Philip and i am an insparing gaming añmatpr from Greece !

My first real passion started really early and it was for boardgames , but as i grew up i hot into computer gaming .

I truly believe that gaming can be an expression of true ideas abd that you can hook yourself with a video game character betté than any movie one ! I have joined this forum so i can work with people from all around the world ( for free ofc ) so i can update and extend my portfolio .
rectacrab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10163 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:18 AM »

Hi Everybody!

I'm Ben. I learned to code about 3 years ago, starting in GameMaker Studio. After a few frustrating months, I kind of got the hang of it.
About 18 months ago I shifted to Unity and learned c#! And now I'm making a game in that, by myself.

I'm hoping to delve into this forum, learn a lot of stuff from other aspiring devs, and post my own stuff as well.
If you've read this, Awesome. Hopefully I'll chat to you some time!

Follow my Game Pit Fighter Tycoon on IndieDB!
ioanasima
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10164 on: April 10, 2017, 03:04:35 AM »

Hi, everybody! Nice to meet you.
I'm Ioana.I love hunting zombies. I can role-play with only a rock. I hate nagging. I have 5 trees in my garden. I can't throw away a floppy. I patiently wait in line.I'm a small indie dev.

I speak with a low voice in public places because my conversations make people turn their heads: "...so, last night, I was adding extra thrusters of my space ship, when this dude came and...".

And this is my idea of a trendy outfit:

1 and 0 is 0.It's a Complikated game
hardcorebadger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10165 on: April 10, 2017, 12:31:03 PM »

Hey guys! I'm Jake Trefethen (hardcorebadger)

- I'm mainly a programmer but have pretty good eyes for design too. I started off modding minecraft (of course). I made a pretty successful mod (Jurrasicraft). After that I got into Java-OpenGL pixel art games. I mostly develop in a dynamic duo with long time best friend and also programmer Quinn (dankworth)  - I've been working on lots of hobby projects for a while but wanted to get more serious and join a community! We're currently working on a low-poly style multiplayer game in Unity that we'll probably start a dev log for at some point! Just wanted to introduce myself! Checking out everyone's games right now - super excited! Here's a little pic of some of my stuff (my current project!)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:05:57 PM by hardcorebadger » Logged

Heatwave is a light-hearted co-op zombie game where you and up to 4 friends battle an onslaught of sentient chili peppers to save the wild west.

Download and play Heatwave at https://lilsumn.com/heatwave/
Dankworth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10166 on: April 10, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »

Hey Guys!

My name is Quinn or Dankworth. I have about 7 years of experience in individual / collaborative game development. For $$$ I make websites and lots of other applications for businesses under the title "Integer Studios" http://integer.studio/. Recently, my partner and I decided to ball up and make a game studio which we've named Polytechnica. (http://polytechni.ca/).

This is us - Hardcorebadger and Dankworth.

We've been passionate gamers all of our friendship - from the beginnings of Minecraft survival multiplayer, where we had countless servers (some you may have heard of! *chaoscraft* and *craftasaurus*). We even began to launch a hosting company and mod pack (jurassicraft!). But alas, we began to explore the depths of Skyrim, Dark Souls, Zelda, and of course much more!
Personally, I keep a fairly large Steam library and have recently been active playing M&B Warband and a little inDev called Castle Story.

Right now we're working on what we like to call the 'game of games',  the details Ill leave for a later post, but here is a little snippet:

The game is called Realms!

Several years ago we began in Java and GL graphics drawing on our first attempt at Realms: Pixel Realms! It was a beautiful 2.5d game as seen below:

We have since abandoned the 2D world and have forged anew in 3 dimensions. Realms is now on release 0.3 and includes multiplayer!

Anyways guys, really excited to get involved in the community - lets all get to know each other!  Toast Right Toast Left
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:33:55 PM by Dankworth » Logged

Meteorbyte
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10167 on: April 12, 2017, 03:23:37 AM »

Hi!

We are Meteorbyte Studios, a Spanish indie game developer studio. We're two people: Sergio (art, sound) and Phil (programming, music). And before you ask: No, we're not brothers! :D

We started out in 2016 and are close to releasing our first professional game, WOODPUNK, a very fast-paced action game with procedural weapon generation, hordes and hordes of enemies, and destroyable enviroments.

We also love talking about videogames, art and programming, and will try to give you guys a hand in the technical and design forums if it is within our skills.

Cheers and happy game creation!

Toast Left Grin     SmileyToast Right

Check out WOODPUNK, a fast-paced action game with procedural WEAPON generation, hundreds of enemies to battle and fully destroyable enviroments:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895158311

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/meteorbyte_stu/
sneakysly
« Reply #10168 on: April 12, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »

Hello, just joined this forums and created a new Devlog for a roguelike-deckbuilding game I have been working on called Slay the Spire

teamBitClub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: April 14, 2017, 09:37:55 AM »

Hallo guys, I'm in a gamedev team and we're close to releasing our second game, so felt like doing a post here on tig
traibergen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10170 on: April 15, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »

Hello, I am Abel and I like it to make some games in my spare time. (If I have free time, off course)
Samael31
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:06 AM »

Hey. I just started making games on android. So far I'm just learning, so I'm ready to listen to any advice.
My name is Vlad and I live in Ukraine.
GameBubble06.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: April 16, 2017, 11:23:02 AM »

Just recently found this great place. I made my previous games without feedback and it was very hard. I hope I can share the burden with you for the next ones.

Many years ago I started my professional path working for a game company, but the independent game and products where you are your own boss are my true passion. Indie games are often associated with pixel, simple looking games. However, I tend to focus on 3d non-pixel games and this is what I do as artist and designer.
TristramArts
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: April 16, 2017, 06:07:12 PM »

I've been lurking here for some times but I decided it's time to do something like devlog stuff at here. Everyone good luck for own project!
SelfExpressionArts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: April 17, 2017, 03:38:39 AM »

Hi everybody !
My name is Jinu Kim and my company name is Self Expression Arts.
I'm an animator based game developer.
I'm a solo game developer.

My first game console was Zemmix :
Actually, this was a game console which was 100% compatible with MSX1 or 2 (depends on the zemmix version) computer.
My first game was 'Load Runner' and 'Pippols'  Cheesy
And I transferred to Famicom(NES) by Nintendo -> Mega Drive -> Super Famicom -> Sega Saturn -> PS series and so on~   Big Laff

Now my best game is "The Last of Us"  Hand Any Key

Thank you
snake282
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: April 17, 2017, 03:40:50 AM »

Hi all,

I'm Owen. Currently working on a project called Cubeo. I used to work as a playtester at Rockstar North then Game Designer at GoodGame Studios. Now I'm working on Cubeo!

I love Horror, FPS, coop multiplayer and RPG games, but dabble in many genres from time to time.

Look forward to seeing more of the forum and showing my game Cubeo Smiley

All the best,

Owen
beardserk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10176 on: April 17, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »

Hello everybody,

We are Beardserk Studio an indie dev team from Spain. We’ve working in the game industry during few years until we decide to be brave and start our own company.

Our first project, Kommissar born in 2016 during the #1GAM challenge. Was an experimental concept that made us think a lot about society, moral, values, fears…In summary, it was an amazing and exciting challenge, and we got a warm welcome and fantastic feedback from the Gamejolt communityhttp://gamejolt.com/games/kommissar/111393

Thanks to them we decided to get the project on Steam Greenlight and create a final version that has the envisioned spirit of the game. At April 6th we’ve released Kommissar in Steam Early Access and we’re now grabbing a lot of feedback and polishing the game and it’s mechanics and little by little make of Kommissar the game we all want it to be.

Cheers,

The Beardserk Team
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:26:59 AM by beardserk » Logged

Love is in the hair.
MadTinkerer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10177 on: April 17, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »

Hello all!

I am a hopefully-soon-to-be-professional game developer.

I have been making games since I was a kid, though a lot of the early stuff was pretty primitive. Just teaching myself how to make simple text parser games in GW-BASIC and later Adventure Game Toolkit. High school was a bit of a detour as I discovered tabletop RPGs, fantasy miniatures wargaming, Fighting Fantasy style gamebooks, and other analog games that ran on pure imagination rather than an interpreter. I learned Visual Basic during this time, but never made any proper games with it. I also played around with Click & Play but was put off by it's limitations. Shortly after high school I became obsessed with RPG Maker and then a bunch of efforts to make stuff in C/C++ that never went anywhere.

Eventually I realized that C and C++ are terrible languages and only important in a historical sense and should never be considered for game development. It's not that I hate them, but they're terrible for making games from scratch. Microsoft BASIC for the C64 is a better language for making games than C. If you're already learning C++ for college, that's fine. But it's not good at all if your main goal is just making a game. For me, every time I tried I just lost focus and interest because it took too long to figure out how to get even the simplest things done in C. Once I realized that, I also realized as much as I wanted to, I was never going to be like Ken Silverman or John Carmack.  Shrug

So instead I started looking at DarkBASIC and other similar engines / IDEs before eventually focusing on Game Maker 7. I've made literally hundreds of projects that are terrible and will never see the light of day. But difference with GM is that each one was a cumulative learning experience. Rather than an exercise in frustration at the amount of effort required to do something simple, each one was dropped quickly because I learned how to do better next time. I did tutorial after tutorial, learning one way to do it, then taking it apart and doing it another way not prescribed by the tutorial.

Eventually, last year, I realized I had finally taught myself enough that it was worth trying to put something together in my spare time that maybe I could eventually sell. In december I completed a prototype, heard Yoyo games announce Game Maker Studio 2, got over my shock, signed up for the GMS2 beta, rewrote the whole thing in GMS2 and here we are. Beer!

EDIT: I just realized some of the earliest GM tutorials I did are still here over in the Tutorials forum. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3142.0 I guess I've come full circle. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:12:10 PM by MadTinkerer » Logged
TwinSquid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10178 on: April 17, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »

Hi All,

I worked at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (now SIEE) in London for 7 years, where I helped developers and publishers get their games out on PlayStation. At the end of last year, I decided to go solo and try to make a game by myself. Hopefully I'll have something good to show soon!

Living the indie dream,
Stephen
jaggygames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: April 18, 2017, 01:07:52 AM »

Hello!

My name's Johnny and I'm a hobbyist working on a tactics game! I've been working on it in various forms for several years now and I'm enjoying the process and getting involved with the community.

I hope you have a good day and I look forward to getting in touch!
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic