Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 03:50:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952621 times)
Xand0r
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: April 18, 2017, 04:41:03 AM »

Hi there, joining the forum after watching noclip's documentary on Spelunky. I like programming and spriting and I enjoy 2D pixelart games. Currently working with the ImpactJS engine on a small fangame.
Cristian_CL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10181 on: April 18, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »

Good morning, my name is Cristian and I am a music composer for games. Lately I have been working on a shoot 'em up for PC and I have worked for mobile games in the past.  Well, hello there!
DontWorry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: April 18, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »

Hello to anyone passing through here and reading this!

I am a Californian college student who is studying computer science.
Being a creative, musical, and artistic type of person who also enjoys
mathematics and programming has driven me closer to doing game development!
I love creating things and game development allows me to bring it all together
in one somewhat cohesive ensemble.

Seeing everyone's devlogs has got me really inspired to share what I have been working
on and to help give some constructive feedback.  Hand Metal Left  Beer! Durr...?

Now an obligatory quote from Bill Murray: "Don't think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you'll never do a thing."
Max_Gooroo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10183 on: April 19, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »

Somehow i never introduced myself ... shame on me

Well, i'm a programmer and musician and program all day long. Not games all the time but mostly. In my early days i spent a lot of time creating custom engines in C++ but recently (well not that recently) i moved to engines like Unity, UE4 and Godot.
Since using engines i actually release games too :D ... mostly because they become playable after some time Tongue

I never cared too much about community things but ... well ... lets see where this leads.
DieMango
Level 0

Desperate Soul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10184 on: April 19, 2017, 12:22:13 PM »

Game-design student wich wanted to be a cook...dreams come true i guess  Big Laff

Make pixelart 2 years by now and made it my trademark skill whenever asked about it. Currently having a big downphase and being desperate to find someone to team up and make some sweet Prototypes that will be scrapped and forgotten (or not...who knows right?)

Anyone there?  Beg

cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10185 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »

Hi, my name is Peter. I’m programmer (for about 20years) mostly focusing on C# and JavaScript. Currently I’m working in my spare time with my brother on 2D platform game, for which we want to start Dev Log in short time.

rivten
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10186 on: April 20, 2017, 04:14:22 AM »

Hi everyone,

I go by the name of Rivten. I have been programming for about 10 years, but getting real serious about it for 3 years.
I enjoy watching the Handmade Hero show which really taught me a lot.
I have been trying on some projects on my own but lack some sort of regularity. That's why I am eager to join this community, to improve and to help improve.

See ya on the threads !
Sylph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: April 20, 2017, 05:19:05 AM »

Hi all guys,

My name is Matt, my label name is Sylph, I just finished my first project thaht i put on the steam greenlight called BadSchoolBoy, a game where you must cheat at school.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908223300

rachalghul
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »

Hi hi! I'm a college senior looking to get into the games industry in the marketing/writerly side of things! If anyone has any advice on who to go to in these forums for job hunting, or if anyone needs my skills, PM me!
naturesreach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: April 21, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »

I'm an OpenCL lover and developer. I hope to be apart of the community.  Toast Right
e-vinyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: April 21, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

Hey, I'm Nuno. One of the developers and co-founder of Titan Forged Games, a Portuguese game development studio. We mainly work with Unity and Unreal Engine.

While I've been a game developer for less than 10 years, I've dreamed of being one for almost 20 years Tongue

I really like practically ever area regarding game dev, although I usually take part in programming (my favorite area begin AI development). I also like to play games as a hobby, most notably, RPGs (of the western open-world and the japanese variety) hehe

Regards,
Nuno
cieslar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: April 22, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »

Hi guys! Jan here. I live in Warsaw, Poland, and just recently left my career at advertising to try making games I would like to play myself (and hopefully make a living out of it). I've got a little bit frustrated with the advertising industry, and the whole service business model, but really loved doing it - you can see some of my works on my portfolio here.

Playing The Beginner's Guide was my breaking point and made me consider gamedev as a mean of artistic expression and content creation. I study game design and did a creative coding course, that utilized arduino to make some crazy physical games, for example this little experiment called "Spirit Animals", which scores the alcohol content in your breath and shows you a similarly drunken animal:

I am not making any serious games right now and spend days learning C# and Unity (and also silently stalking devlogs on this forum up till now). Hopefully I will be able to start making my first game in a few months.

Nice meeting you!

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10192 on: April 22, 2017, 11:47:19 PM »

Hey everyone!
I am Ivan - a graphic artist and indie game dev. I love making games because they offer so much great opportunities to bring interesting and awesome ideas to people. I try to be as artistic as passable in each of my works.
Now I work as graphic artist and co-designer on Tendril: Echo Received.
Recently I have been working as environment artist for Moonfall which made it to Steam this month! So far it received tons of positive responses for graphics which is awesome Tears of Joy

MatLoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10193 on: April 24, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »

Hi !
I'm Mat, I'm creating games and interactive installations on the french indie company Lozange Lab.
I'm mostly coding and making noises.
Our latest game is called Swim Out.
Nice to meet you all !
iblamevictoria
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10194 on: April 24, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »

My name is Andrew. I'm new to indie game development but I'm confident in my ability! I've recently thrown together a demo for a RPG called Space Age.

It's a cute little game about a little boy exploring a world on the brink of an apocalypse. As a game developer I love to play around with interesting story ideas and sometimes get lost in the process! Oops.

The first time I got into games was when I played Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

I'm a bit too young to have experienced the common classics (Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger), but I was just in time to really appreciate that new wave of 3d games! Games like Majora's Mask definitely influence the sort of detailed and quirky worlds that I like to let players experience while they take control of what I've made.

Anyways, I hope to see everyone soon, and I'm eager to see what you think of my games.

Ahimsa89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: April 25, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »

Hello, my name is Saehee and I am from South Korea.
I work for a company that provides publishing service to game developers (Usually, mobile game developers)
Sometimes, we hunt for indie games that nobody seems to be interestred in but looks promising to us.
I joined TIG to know more about games abroad.
Thank you for reading and nice to meet you Smiley
tigerchops
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: April 26, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »

Hi! Long time lurker, etc etc.

I make games in my spare time, often for jams etc. (By day I do other types of programming.) Most recently, I took part in Train Jam.

I find that I flip back and forth between just slinging things together that barely work, and spending too much time over-engineering solutions. Having felt the joy of actually completing jam games, I'm determined this year to actually work on something slightly longer term (but still tiny) that I can actually spend time polishing and iterating on, as I never really have enough time for that during a jam.

Nice to meet you all!

You can find some of my dumb jam games here: https://tfinch.itch.io/
Follow me on twitter if that's your bag: https://twitter.com/tigerchops
Giant_Gamer
Level 0

My 2nd language is SmileBASIC

View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: April 27, 2017, 10:24:52 AM »

Hello all!

I'm MadTinkerer's brother!
I have been active in programming for about a year, with my primary programing in Smile Basic for the 3DS. I have spent time this year learning how to create and animate pixel art, with the intention to develop my skills and submit my art to be added to my brother's upcoming indie game. I know that I still have a megaton of things still to learn, both in creating great pixel art and in programming in BASIC, but in understanding my faults I hope to strive to better my self, and my work. Although, I would probably rank myself as a beginner still, since I have less then two years of experience.

Get to know me a little by looking at my hobbies:
Playing Video Games, this consumes the majority of my time. (Mostly Handheld games, 3DS, Vita and PC)
Meteorology, I love the general nature of weather, and watching thunderstorms. (but tornadoes... can get lost)
Photography, When I go outside, if I see something I like I take a photograph of it. the majority of such are of clouds and the sky. (probably because I don't always have to go very far to get a lot of differences in subject, and it's always changing)   

My user is Giant_Gamer, because I am medically a giant (acromegaly).

I am the artist for my brother's upcoming game, our development blog is at Game-Blocks.com
fus
« Reply #10198 on: April 27, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »

Hello, I am a new member. The games I make are things that I want to play that aren't already games.  Blink
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: April 27, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »

Hello there. The name is Brandon, but I usually like to be Called DeVout or Dev for Short. (the latter can understandably get confusing in this context so don't worry about it. XD)

I recently started getting into learning Unity to begin creating my own game. Only a few days ago in fact. I have a very long way to go before I can even remotely begin posting relevant topics, but I thought, "why not come here for the occasional advice and meeting people?"

I'm going to be 24 in the end of may, and always had a dream about being a game designer. Growing up, however, I was heavily under the impression that could never happen unless I was extremely lucky enough to get hired by a major company like Nintendo.

Life got in the way, and I had to set that aside for quite a long time. I'm back on my feet now, enough at least, and I felt it was High time I started doing what I really wanted instead of being stuck in my current Retail job. XD

I was a gamer since I was little; Fascinated with Zelda especially. I've always been a gamer, still am. But I feel its time I did something myself. put a piece of myself out into the world of gaming and do a thing or two here that I felt has been lacking in other games I have seen over the years.

I'm not alone in this endeavor, either. I got at least one friend on my side and plan to commission artists I know for sprites and what not when I eventually get to that point. But for now, Its just me on the forum. heh.

I think that's a pretty decent Intro. I hope I don't get kicked or anything for lack of activity though, XD I have a long ways to go before I feel comfortable and ready to actually contribute a fair amount.

thanks for the chance to meet you guys! oh and sorry for the small spelling issues here and there. XD

Best way to message me:
PM me for Skype or Telegram!
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic