Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:41:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952427 times)
bazola
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10260 on: June 02, 2017, 05:07:33 AM »

Hello hello! My name is Matt and I'm an indie game dev for Pixelpocalypse Games. I started teaching myself programming in 2013 and released my first game in 2015. I do all of my professional work with libGDX at the moment. It's a cross platform Java framework.  I've been playing games my whole life and I have a deep love for strategy and simulation games, and I also love retro games with pixel art and stuff. Lately I've been playing lots of Factorio, that game is amazing  Grin
0XPgamedev
Level 0

Noob makes game in year: read all about it

View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: June 02, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »

Hi all, I’m Chris from the UK and have never really delved into online forums before, so excuse me if I violate the sacred rites shared only to the few who pass the gruesome initiation ritual. Or the formatting is wrong.

I’ve played games my whole life and my first console was the GameBoy Color, on which I first started to plough through the Pokemon series, beginning with Silver. I watched my cousins playing Pokemon Red when I was at their house when I was about 5 and it was the first thing I knew I needed in my life!

Emerald was my favourite.

After starting with Nintendo I then stuck with them for a while: my fondest memories being on the GBA, DS and Gamecube. I later got a PS2 and loved it, but then fell off from gaming for a while, only dipping in and out occasionally until the indie boom of 2007/8ish.

Up until then, more of my life was given to Smash than I care to admit...

Select games that have really captured me over the past few years, now that I’m older, wiser and harder to please (and I really had to trim the list down), are mainly Super Meat Boy, Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne:  call me a bit of a superfan of From Software, I love the worlds they create and how everything becomes unified around a few central themes.

I suppose those two games encapsulate what I look for most in games: terrific game feel (SMB is king in my view); the responsiveness and the liveliness of the controls, and the worlds, environments and narratives of games. I hope to emphasise these qualities in my own games.

Speaking of, I have so far made no games and have little to no experience using any game-making tools, but have just started a new self-assigned project to make and publish a game within a year, and will be documenting the whole thing under the flag of 0XP Giggle

I'll be posting on WordPress and social media about my setup, goals, techniques and progress, so if you're interesting in following along you can do so at WordPress: https://0xpgamdev.wordpress.com/

My social media links are below:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zeroxpgamedev/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/0xpgamedev
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/0xpgamedev/
and Tumblr: https://0xpgamedev.tumblr.com/

I would be very grateful for any feedback if you’d like to check it out, as I’m completely new to all this and will inevitably have some harsh lessons to learn. Thanks!
SaberVS7
Level 0

Verse7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10262 on: June 02, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Holla - I'm Robert. S, currently living in the US - I used to be a Doom modder of little/no fame back in the day, and likewise tried my hand at some Counter Strike mapping, however I've been away from that scene for quite a long time now.

Started work on my current project (Currently named "REDFOXES" - Albeit subject to change) with a few others (Who happen to also be on this forum, though much longer than I have.) late last year and have been making slow and steady progress on it over the past few months (Unfortunately, right now I'm relying on another full-time job to fund various development costs, so it gets in the way of being able to actually work on this as much as I'd like.) - As for what that is, it's a Stealth-Adventure game inspired by two of my favorite 2D classics of the genre - Castle Wolfenstein (1981) and Metal Gear 2 (1990) - Though for many reasons moreso inspired by the latter.

(Metal Gear 2)

Anyway, I look forward to sharing further information on REDFOXES in the (very) near future, but I'm going to give it a little bit more time in the oven before then, as it is extremely WIP right now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:29:54 PM by SaberVS7 » Logged

Currently developing Azure Jaegers, Red Foxes

Twitter: @SaberVS7 and @AzureJaegers
AzureJaegers.com
youry.kiki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10263 on: June 05, 2017, 11:58:22 AM »

Hello ! I'm a french developper known as Youry*Kiki. The day, I work on IT management. At night, I learn about how to make video games.

I started to make games or mod a long time ago in a very episodic way. I've got a lot of unfinished games or mod list (from Doom II to L4D). The most advanced experience I made is a game named Red Isle - The dark relics about 10 years ago. But I didn't find a way to publish it, it was made for J2ME mobile phones. In the meantime, I made some prototype with terrain generation in 2D and simple 3D, automatic 2D level tiling, a little of AI... All of this prototypes was for projects that I finally found too ambitious.

Then, I take some time to learn how to make sound and music for video games. I'm still learning but you can already check what sounds the most like music on my soundcloud profile.

And I finally designed a project divided in 4 "shorts" parts. (I try to trap myself in order to finish it !) I called it Electric Mind Pulse, but that is another story...

stevesefchick
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10264 on: June 05, 2017, 01:38:24 PM »

Hi everybody! My name is Steve Sefchick - developer for the game "The Island of Eternal Struggle", which is now on the dawn of its Early Access release! (yay!)

I came to TIGSource for a number of reasons. It's fantastic to see such a community of indie developers. I want to meet more folks and I want to share ideas. Probably moreso though, I want to start a DevLog thread! Our Wordpress has grown stale, and it isn't necessarily the best place for us to gather feedback, or most more technical accomplishments for that matter, and a thread here may help accomplish that for us!

Anyway. Hello everyone!
JordyJS
Level 0

Creating ARBITER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10265 on: June 05, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »

Ahoy!  I'm Jordan!  I'm 22, currently living in Canada, and I've been an indie developer for about four years now (though I've been making fan-games for like... ever).  This is a community I've lurked for a while but never actively participated in, so with my first original project coming out now feels like the best time to get started! 

I previously worked with Rooster Teeth Productions to make RWBY: Grimm Eclipse.  I made it as a fan-game in my spare time and they were kind enough to pick it up and support it as an official title.  Once that shipped, I decided to move on and pursue my own career as an indie developer.  Now I'm finally making my own original game that I'll be announcing very soon!

I tend to work on my own, so I'm a sort of jack of all trades.  I'm a self-taught animator, modeler, programmer, artist, etc., but I'm really just learning whatever I have to to make the games I want to make.  I can't really imagine being confined to just one job, so indie development was always much more appealing to me than the AAA industry. 

My favourite genres are Japanese Action/Adventure/RPGs; games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Dark Souls.  I love exciting and fast-paced combat, but also quiet and isolated exploration.  Anime is also a huge influence for me, with shounen in particular being some of my favourite.  I also listen to plenty of anime/game music soundtracks and have been training myself to compose over the past couple of years (and I still kinda suck at it). 

Anyways, hoping to meet some people with similar tastes and find some cool projects!  And of course looking to pimp out my own project when it launches too!  I post everything on my Twitter, so HMU there if you're interested!

Cheers!
Newborn1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: June 06, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »

Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm working for a mobile game service company. I usually do ASO and promotion for mobile game apps made from small-sized development studios. Thank you for reading!
HeartTank
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:12 PM »

Hey Folks!

My names Zach. I've been working in the games industry at a small mobile development studio in Texas. I'm an artist by trade. I did a lot of 3D modelling for game assets in college before I settled down at my current job where I find myself doing more illustration and graphic design these days.

I scored a copy of GameMaker in a Humble Bundle a while ago and forgot all about it. I recently dusted it off and have been having a lot of fun making small personal projects, trying to figure out how it works. I have 2 years worth of Java programming experience, so programming, functional logic, etc aren't alien concepts to me - I've just never put in the man hours to become proficient at those skills.

What is the inspiration that lead me to games? I grew up in the 90's so I played a lot of Super Nintendo. I lived overseas (my father worked in the oil service industry) so games were an easy way to make new friends, even with a language barrier. I also had older cousins with an NES, and who later went on to be computer gamers and got me into the likes of Diablo II and World of Warcraft. We would play games together whenever I was back in the US for the summer.

I remember saving up money from doing chores and waiting to go to Toys R Us with my mom to see what the new games for my current console were. We had limited room in our suitcases when we would visit, so I could never bring back a console (before Blockbuster rented consoles). I remember opening the boxes for the new games and reading the manuals religiously. I would imagine what the game was like in my head. It was such an exciting exercise. No doubt after playing the games my imagination had run wild and I had come up with all manor of things that wound up not being in the game. Those ideas for game mechanics and character/world designs found their way into my early drawings and fledgling attempts at game development.

Very nostalgia, lots magic.

My goal on this forum is to meet a lot of cool people and learn stuff from a lot of folks who are smarter and have been doing this longer than I. I hope I can contribute in any way that might benefit this community. Cheers! Coffee
PhilippG
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: June 07, 2017, 10:29:50 PM »

Hey everyone!  Smiley

My name is Philipp. I'm a full time software developer (Unity) in the eLearning/Simulation business here in Germany for five years now. One of my passions however is game development. After some attempts working on an indiegame as part of a team, I now decided that I want to go lone wolf.

I'm doing this in my sparetime. It's tough, however I figured it is the only good option for me, mostly because I can go my own pace and I won't have to be worried that at some point the team could break.

The best gaming memories for me have always been the ones when I we played cooperative. Friends come together, relax on the couch, have a beer and blast through coop titles. That is why I wanted to develop such a game, to bring that feeling back.

I am also a big fan of the alien franchise and scifi in general, so I got inspired by that and now I'm almost a year in developing Biosignature. What a journey so far!
With all the valuable time and energy spent, I really hope it will do something. It might even make it to your very own screen? Who knows Smiley

Philipp  Beer!
Frank.A.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: June 09, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »

Hello.

I like playing games. My favorite genres are Metroid-vanias, Roguelikes, Assymetrical Co-op, and Class-Based FPS.
I also enjoy building fantasy worlds and logical systems out of scratch, and only recently begun to learn coding.

So far, I've been learning real fast with Game Maker. Most of my experience is self-taught. I'll be taking college courses soon. My current plan is to make a small project each month before moving up to a big commercial game.  Beer!
anapestdigital
Level 0

A perplexing games studio.

View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: June 09, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »

Hey! I'm Joshua Grant.

I'm currently a hobbyist game dev (and professional web dev), but I'll be going to school for a degree in computer science in September. I already have a degree in English and a diploma in writing.

I just got my indie studio running! Visit me at https://anapestdigital.com or on Twitter @anapestdigital .

This is my floating, disembodied pixel-art head. In real life, I have a body too, but it's less fun to pixel.

I like rogue-likes, turn-based strategy games, rogue-likes, RPGs, tycoon sims and action rpgs.

Currently working on my first game, a smallish match-3/RPG, but I'd love to someday revive turn based strategy games or work on something totally weird and new.

See you around,
Joshua Beer!

GroovyAntoid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10271 on: June 12, 2017, 05:24:36 AM »

Hey everyone at TIG! We're a startup indie development team based in Beirut, Lebanon. As one of the first game development teams in the country, we are excited to be sharing our journey here on TIG. We're comprised of two programmers, two artists, and a lot of helpful interns.

We're currently developing Fat Bunny, our very first mobile game. It is a challenging blend of a platformer and an endless hopper. Here's a quick trailer:

You can play the early access 'beta' version of the game, available on Android and iOS right now. We'd love to hear your thoughts on it, and we hope to have an awesome time with the community here! =)

helloimtw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: June 13, 2017, 04:59:42 AM »

I'm Thomas! Student, programmer, aspiring game maker! Currently in Dundee, Scotland making stuff that hopefully some people will like as much as me.

Right now most of my development is solo apart from the occasional jam with friends. I feel my art is almost passable and will hopefully get better with every game I make. So far I have been developing in Unity and SFML! Here is a character from my finished project MANIC HORSE HUNTING 

It currently only exists on my laptop and Google Drive but will maybe make its way onto my itch.io page soon which you can find here : helloimtw.itch.io. It's pretty empty but hopefully if you follow me on my development journey you will see it filled with many of my future projects!

I'm also just starting to get active on twitter (@helloimtw) with my first game on the Google Play Store - Shape Arcade a collection of three high score mini games and a combo game. You should find it if you search for "Shape Arcade helloimtw". There's a web version on my itch too!

Anyway tell me what you think! I'm excited to be a part of this community and the game dev community as a whole and I'm planning on sticking around for awhile so hopefully you'll see me about!
[IE]Paolore
Level 0

I like to make the vidya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10273 on: June 14, 2017, 05:18:37 AM »

Hi, all! I'm Paolo Cabe, representing the Garrison: Archangel Dev team!

The team and I are Philippine-based indie gamedevs creating a fast-paced, customizeable multiplayer mecha fighting game called Garrison: Archangel! The game recently got greenlit on Steam! (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932495822)

I can be emailed at [email protected], if you all have further questions or messages. Thanks!

Garrison: Archangel Dev Team Lead and Loremaster
6 Eyes Studio
Level 0

Fell Seal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10274 on: June 14, 2017, 10:30:41 AM »

Hello!
Pierre Leclerc representing 6 Eyes Studio here!

I'm new to TIG and the modern indie scene. My last published indie title was Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled for NDS, in 2009, and I've been out of the loop since then, so I find myself having to rediscover a lot of things about how the world works, haha.

My team and I are working on Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, a Tactical RPG inspired by the great classics, like FFT and Tactics Ogre. Feel free to check our website for screenshots and videos: www.fellseal.com

Thanks!

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, Tactical RPG for PC.
https://www.fellseal.com/
UnparalleledDev
Level 0

Student of the Universe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10275 on: June 17, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »

Growing up the youngest in a big family this pic an accurate portrayal of my childhood.

SMB Question Classic coming of age tale   SMB Question

My love of video games started when I was a wee lad.
I remember the day vividly.
This day was no ordinary day my friend,
on this day the world as I knew it was flipped on its head.
The same lad, who began humbly, assembling
playgrounds with Donald and the gang on the Commodore 64,
would forever be captivated by unknowns of the universe on that very day.

Donald Duck's Playground Commodore 64 1984 Sierra educational game

This seemingly ordinary day, my older brother brought home
the 4-score adapter, as well as, fresh copy of Final Fantasy 1.
Brother started a new game and with it's glorious 4 character limit I was JOE, the Black Mage. Wizard
I was also tasked with holding the world map, which also doubled as the monster stat chart on the backside.

I recalling pouring over the physical materials: 84 page Explorer's Handbook,
Game World/Dungeon Maps, plus full color Monster Chart,
and being astonished by the sheer depth of this game.
From the sprawling maps, to the variety of enemies with gorgeous sprite art,
and even a secret big boss whose size made me wonder if it could even fit on screen.
It felt like anything was possible, the game felt infinite.

I instantly fell in love with the art and music.
What Nobuo Uematsu was able to do with the NES hardware is still unbelievable.
Especially the battle theme as it was always playing due to the endless amounts of random encounters.
Once I saw JOE one shot enemies with spells while that beautiful square wave sound hummed out of the speakers I was hooked.

Fast forward 20 years of video gaming and RPG playing, learning C# programming, teaching myself Unity3D here I am.
I've designed, and programmed my first game. I'm only using free audio & art assets.
They said not to do an RPG for your first game so I compromised and made a game of a RPG battle system loop.
I'm also writing the story. I have the characters fleshed out however I don't have an artist to bring them to life.   Cool

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/JoeFro0 for updates

& contact me @ [email protected]

Unparalleled -
A solo game dev's adventure into an over scoped project.
IronGripGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10276 on: June 17, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Tony Chamblee.  I'm a long time software developer whose day job has nothing to do with games.  I've been developing iOS games in my spare time. 

I'm here seeking collaboration with someone more creative than myself, because my programmer art looks like poo.  I live around Dallas, TX, USA.

I would love to share some screenshots and gameplay videos of my project.  I can also send out beta builds to anyone that wants to play the game on their iOS device.

Thanks for reading!
AnomalousUnderdog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: June 18, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »

I found out I have to post here before posting in the playtesting board, so here goes: My name's Ferdinand, I'm from the Philippines. I got into videogames as a kid when I was introduced to the NES. The first game I tried was Gradius. I got so curious that I pried open an NES cartridge because I wanted to see how it worked. Seeing the electronic parts inside just raised further questions for me (I thought game developers were people who soldered chips onto circuit boards). Ever since, I decided I wanted to make videogames.

As a kid, I was not allowed to go outside the house in any way. I suspect that was one big part of why I am like I am today.

I will play almost anything, except sports games. But the ones that strike me as most memorable are story-focused games. To name a few off my head: Vagrant Story, Half-life 2, Fallout 2, Transistor, Assassin's Creed 2, XCOM 2.

I still replay this game every now and then.

Most of school aptitude tests given to me rated me as "indecisive". I guess it's because I like both making art and programming (artistic and technical pursuits), which are, apparently, polar opposites. But I don't see them that way. I like doing both in equal capacity.

Some artist friends told me to stop programming if I ever wanted to improve my art. I'm sure some programmers would have told me something along the same lines. They can all kiss my ass.

I currently work in and co-own an indie studio called Dreamlords Digital.

We're working on a tactical turn-based game called Graywalkers: Purgatory. It's a heavily rule-based game (think of Baldur's Gate) where things are resolved using dice rolls and tabletop game rules (we made our own tabletop game system).

I made a lot of editor tools for this, to the point that you can create characters, races, classes, attacks, maps, quests, etc. with the custom tools we have. I plan them to be modding tools for the players later on.

I also work on some pet projects that I aim to continue later on. I was working on a tactical game called Tactics Ensemble. It was supposed to play similar to Valkyria Chronicles (gridless, with an action game feel but is still turn-based). The game takes place in a fantasy world, but with weapons roughly based on 18th century firearms (few years before World War 1).

I had to shelve this game for the moment, but I do plan on picking it up again in the future.

Currently the pet project I'm tinkering on is Ghost Knight. It's a real-time game this time. Action RPG inspired by Dark Souls. Some of you may already be familiar with it since I have a thread in the devlog section: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59463.0.

It's a story about a guy whose terminal illness triggers dormant magic powers, and uses it to fight against monsters, and save the woman he loves before he dies.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:16:15 PM by AnomalousUnderdog » Logged
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10278 on: June 18, 2017, 08:17:55 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Clint.

I'm currently an independent game developer- and more on the arts side.

I've been looking for an "Indie Game Forum" for awhile now- and I just recently found out about TIGForums! (I used to be from IndieDB- but that wasn't very active or something.)

Anyways. That's all! I'll be lurking here and there- probably gonna make my own Art Thread and all! :D Can't wait to go explore around the Forums. :>

osman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: June 20, 2017, 03:29:30 PM »

Hey guys,

My name is Osman and I'm from Holland but I've been living all over the place lately. I've been in the industry ~8 years now having worked on some big and some small projects. The last few companies I worked at include: Epic Games, Guerrilla Games and Splash Damage.

At the moment I've co founded a small company with a colleague/friend and are about to sign with a publisher for our first project. Having said that, my goal is to only post about my side-projects/experiments on here and simply explore what other people are doing Smiley

Cheers,
Oz
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic