Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:46:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906801 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: June 20, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »

Hi everybody, welcome

Penguinoccio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: June 21, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »

Hello all,

I am David. My title is Lead Engineer and the place that gave me that title is Pipeworks Studio. 7 years of toil in the game dev mines has withered my soul. I don't have any independent projects going right now, but I hope to in the future. I always hope to. How else could I go on.
SirJukerino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: June 21, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Juke, and I'm starting up an indie company called Nuclear Red.

I'm a starting developer learning Game Art at Media Design School. Before this I have had 2 years experience in 3D modelling in Blender at 3 years experience with Vex Robotics coding in RobotC.

I've been playing games for half my life and have a passion for the design and work that is put into them. I'm excited to see what everyone's working on and how it all goes.

Cheers,
Juke
MarkusRanner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10283 on: June 22, 2017, 04:53:55 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Markus (Ranner), a Swedish wannabe indie game developer. Been in the software industry for almost 20 years, mostly enterprise type development with Java and so on. Always had a love for games programming. Wrote a couple of smaller games in C for MSDOS in the late 90's, but since then I haven't made a game until a couple of years ago when I released by first game Dragonflies for iOS and Android. It didn't become the next global smash hit as anticipated (big surprise...  Cheesy) but I learnt a lot from it and I'm now working on my second title Ice Trap. Coding my games with Corona SDK and Lua.

Have been playing games of all kinds most of my life, from the good old C64 and NES days of the 80's. Nowadays I still play games every now and then, but I enjoy making them more than playing.  Smiley

I've had a lot of favorite games through the years, but the one that still always comes to mind when I'm going to name my favorites is this one! Wow, what a game, it totally rocked my world!

Now I'm gonna sweep the forums to see what you all have been up to lately. Cheers!  Beer!

/Markus

Wannabe solo indie game developer making games with Corona SDK. Currently working on Ice Trap for iOS and Android.
RogerBidon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »

Hello there,

My name is Sylvain and I love programming. All kinds of technology, any kind of methodology, every kind of philosophy, really, if it implies a CPU I'm in! Video games come second, then usual stuff: walking in the wood, meeting friends, running naked in the streets, telling nonsense on forums,...

I don't like to talk, to go to a place I am not familiar with, to have to hurry, to see people ignoring each other in cities,...

Did I say that I began coding quite young? Here is a shot of me from a time when I did not wear beard:

mrlimppickle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: June 22, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »

hello i am a game art student in my first year, i am posting about my first game here soon. thanks heaps Smiley
maxdash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: June 23, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »

Howdy,

I'm Max Shughart, I look like this: http://sugarheartcorporation.com/Images/MaxProfile.jpg, I'm a programmer. I work full time in a talented team making rad applications for Veterans United Home Loans like Property Tax Estimators and Rate Locks Services. However in my heart all I want to do is make Video Games. I've toyed with the idea and started several games, but never managed to finish them. Mostly I ended up with map generators, character editors and overly complicated npc name generators.

Recently I did my first game jam to prove to myself I could see a simple project through beginning to end. My team won first place with "Eye Bowl" https://maxdash.itch.io/eye-bowl I'm pretty pleased with it, but it is the simplest thing I could make in 48 hours. I'm looking forward to building something better and I'm hoping this forum will be a good place to get feedback on my next big project.
DyingSilence
Level 0

That foreign weirdo.

View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: June 24, 2017, 12:22:05 PM »

Hello, Piotr Apostel here, greeting you straight from Poland.
I'm this pretty guy:

I make games since childhood - first i designed some board and card games on cheap printing paper, then i learned how to program in C++ and coded some text adventures, then i discovered The Games Factory which served me well for some time, but then i stumbled upon Game Maker and till this day it's my engine of choice.
Besides coding and designing, I also do some drawing, pixel arting, fiction writing, instrument playing, singing and some other stuff.

I got my first computer when I was 8, and I immediatelly fell in love with games. The most important game of my childhood is Rayman 2: The Great Escape, it was really influential upon me, and looking back, it's one masterpiece of a game.

I won't upload any images of my work, so you can scroll faster, my face is the only important aspect of myself Durr...?
Still, feel encouraged to visit the links in my signature.

See ya again on the boards!

ispider
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: June 28, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

Hi all,
My name is Vlad. I'm 21. I love video games. My first games were Grand Prix Circuit and Dangerous Dave's Risky Rescue on MS-DOS. After I played Hotline Miami, I fell in love with indie games and decided to become a video game developer. In 2016 I began to study the pixel art, C# and Unity. Now I'm working on my first game.

My favorite games are Hotline Miami, Firewatch, CS:GO, Skyrim, Half-Life, Portal 2, Pokemon (3 gen). I also like to read comics.
tettsure
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: June 28, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »

Hello, y'all! My name is Pierce "Tettsure" Burnett. I'm an avid gamer, but recently I've been reading up on game design and programming. I made my first game, a very simple never-ending platformer, about two years ago. I've recently been working on a point-and-click, narrative based game. However, I have also been working on web design. My big project right now is to make crowdfunding easier for project creators.

I play mainly RPGs, specifically Action-RPGs. My favorite game of all time is Fallout: New Vegas.

However what hooked me into video games was Pokemon: Blue Version. Recently I've been playing League of Legends a lot, but sometimes I need a break from the negativity. I'm eagerly awaiting Monster Hunter: World, as I'm a fan of the series and want my multiplayer fix without the toxicity.

Nice to meet you all!
mikecrichlow
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10290 on: June 28, 2017, 05:47:59 PM »

Hey, all. Been coming to TIGForums to check out a few games for a little while now, and I decided to sign up to become part of the community. Pleased to meet you! Smiley

My favorite genre of game is platformer. Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man (both classic and X) and Super Meat Boy are high on my list of 'Best Games Ever'. lol

Much love and I'll see ya around.

- Mike C
ajmarin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: June 29, 2017, 07:09:36 AM »

Hey folks!

My name’s Adam, I’m an illustrator mostly working in tabletop RPGs and board / card games.

My favourite games fall either into the immersive open-world RPGs (faves: Mount & Blade, Bethesda RPGs), or co-op games I can play with friends (recently been enjoying Overcooked and Diablo III). These days I don't get to spend much time playing games, but I still love to read and hear about them, so I keep my habit in check with a healthy diet of podcasts and articles!

I’ve been a long-time lurker and pixel art / game art hobbyist for some time, and now I’m branching out into doing that professionally. I want to post here to make friends and hopefully exchange some tips with fellow creatives!

My illustration and concept art work lives at www.adamjmarin.com , and recently I've been posting my pixels and game art to my twitter: https://twitter.com/adamjmarin
Aeron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: July 01, 2017, 06:32:07 AM »

Hiya guys!!
My name is Aeron and I am game design student and wanna be indie dev. My first introduction to video games was through demo disks on the Playstation 2! I first started programming when I was around 13 years old but never quite got the hang of it so it wasn't till years later when I started studying game design that I discovered Game Maker and started to learn its programming language GML. I sadly haven't finished a game yet  Angry but that's something I hope to fix by getting more involved with the game dev community and learning about how people push aside the anxiety an take the huge leap an knuckle down!
 nice to meet ya all!!       
6ilgamesh
TIGBaby

Enki is our daddy

View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: July 01, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »

Hello everybody, I'm Mickey. I'm a disgusting corporate apps/software dev sellout for the money, but I've had a growing and relentless desire to start making games for a while now, so this seems like the right place to start dipping my toes in the scene.

Rarely ever care about modern big studio games anymore, I've been almost exclusively playing old games for a long while now, and the indie scene is satisfying almost all my modern gaming cravings.

So I'll be around, learning for now, baby steps.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:52:49 PM by 6ilgamesh » Logged
Xorglord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10294 on: July 02, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »

Hey folks!
I've been developing games for a while, but haven't really interacted with game dev communities much. I'm trying to change that and get more involved, so I thought signing up for TIG would be a good idea.

I'm a developer from Sydney, Australia!
Hope to interact with y'all soon!

greenhat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »

I'm falconPunch (but not for long), and I want to be an indie game developer. I like Smash Bros (but I'm not too good at it), Zelda, Half-Life (never finished a game though), Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Metroid, various freeware games... okay, I like a lot of games. It would be insane to list them all. My first game would be Pokemon FireRed (I think?). It was, at the time, so exciting to me. That really got me excited about the rest of gaming.

I hope to make my first comercial game soon, as I think I've had enough practice with less than impressive games so far, and over 6 months of lurking around here.

FALCON PUNCH!
Qalamar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10296 on: July 03, 2017, 12:16:04 PM »

Hey everyone,
I'm Tariq. A student from Algeria and the leader of the one-man team "Qalamar". We create mobile/web games using construct 2 and html5 and we've been doing that since 2015 without much dedication ( laziness :p ). I make games for profit, and that's it.
Coded Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: July 03, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »

Hello!

My name is Robert. I have been making my own games for 7-8 years now and am almost done with a bachelors degree in Computer Science.

Overall, I like to make video games and think that my games are pretty all right.

You can see all of my games here: http://codedgames.com/buy-html5-games/
garfield_game_dev
Level 0

gamedev cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10298 on: July 03, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »

hello

jon forced me to create an account on this website. he told me that the mind is like the body, and needs exercise, and told me that game dev would be a way of "exercising the mind muscle". if making simple computer programs to extort people of their money is considered beneficial to the mind, then I'm all for it.

where is the lasagna?

-garfield
MunchytheFox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: July 03, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »

Heyooo

My name's Mischa! I'm an architectural graduate from the University of Auckland in New Zealand and for my thesis I developed a videogame through my architectural drawings! Although architecture is still a passion of mine, a much bigger passion was to become an indie game developer!

My favourite games have been games that are focused on storytelling and role-playing such as the Baldur's Gate series, Morrowind, Persona 3 and 4, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and a whole bunch of others, although I find myself invested in heeeaps of different games like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Demon's Souls, Kingdom Hearts, man the list can go on haha.

This is the main drawing for the game I'm currently creating called Ili

And here's me eating watermelon ice-cream

Been lurking around on and off TIG forums and thought I'd properly register and say hi!

Nice to meet yaaaa'll~
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:33:08 PM by MunchytheFox » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic