Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:35:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952354 times)
superpatch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: July 06, 2017, 08:36:55 AM »

Hey there!

My name is Federico and i'm an indie developer and hardcore gamer! I've been developing games for a couple of years now (mostly ugly prototipes and some paid work) and i'm currently working with some friends and former colleagues on a new game!

Finally decided to register after a looong period of lurking, i hope the few things i know will be useful to someone!
Cheers!
Marcin_Tomala
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10301 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »

Hello!
I'm Marcin tomala, one half of Fireballed Studio and we're working on our game Redum Of Sun - give it a look by the way! -> https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61660.msg1342949#msg1342949

Fireballed Studio consists of me and my better half, Anna Siejka - I'm the one responsible for the "badass" part of our game and she is the one behind the "beautiful" part of the game - made on Unity Wink

I'm fairly new to Dev forums, so... hi everyone :D

Check out our badass work of art, Redum Of Sun! -> https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61660.msg1342949#msg1342949 <-
bigsharksmallbowl
« Reply #10302 on: July 07, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »

I'm Rick. Not a game developer. Nice to meet you.
bergice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: July 08, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

Howdy, I am bergice.

On my free time, I like to build things. Some of those things include (but are not limited to) programming, app development, web development, game development, composing music, playing music, VR and home automation.

I have just released my new game called pocketbike. You may check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.bergice.motorider.android

Gomez
pixeloori
Level 0

Programmers hate me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10304 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:09 AM »

Hi devs, I'm Oori from Malaysia! Graduated from college learning how to make games and got out of college immediately making games with classmates-now-colleagues.

I was involved in making Ejen Ali: MATA Training Academy and currently making Memoir (go to link here link here).

So a little about how I got into game making. I'm started out wanting to learn animation but got into learning game development because the course I went into was teaching more stuff than just animation. I always wanted to be jack of all trades :p

I first played games on my cousin's Sega Saturn and some of the most fond games on that console was Megaman X4, Bioharzard (gave me nightmare for half a year because I was so young), Hercules, Contra and etc...

Growing up, I didn't had the most powerful PCs ever till I got into college, so I've always appreciated gameplay more than graphics, hence why indie games attract me so much. I had a PS2 though, which my brother still plays Onimusha 3 on and off nowadays.

Anyways that's about me and gods luck to everyone making games here!

Peace,
Oori
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:16:37 AM by pixeloori » Logged

I like puzzle games and trying to make one. Check out Memoir -> https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61694.msg1343165#msg1343165
ronhartley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10305 on: July 09, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm working on 3d reconstruction, photogrammetry applications. Interested in software architecture.
I find that a computer game is one of the most complex systems and an excellent opportunity for experimentation.
Glad to take part in discussion of technical problems. Plan to directly participate in development of a game in the future.
DarkAnimator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: July 09, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »

Hi All,

Name is Burton and I'm a 3D animator/Game Developer, I have around 5 years of professional experience in each discipline and have lead projects (both in animation and game development) before. Want to exchange ideas in this forum and perhaps make some good games! Looking forward to be chatting with you all!

Cheers!
cyclonenocturnal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: July 11, 2017, 06:56:44 PM »

Hello,

I'm Joshua, recently graduated from college and now developing some games with my batchmates. We already published a game called The Tap Game here is the link.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyclonnocturnal.game.tap

We are currently working on an Action RPG arcade game called slayer's quest
ArjenAwesome
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:52 AM »

Hey all I'm Arjen,

I'm a 27 year old hobby videogame developer based in the Netherlands. Currently I'm a computer science student in my final year, before this I got a masters degree in Business Administration. Due to tough economic conditions, at the time of graduating (2013), I got an offer to do some programming. After being a programmer for 1,5 years I decided to go back to university and get my degree in computer science.
Currently I'm 50% of a small indie project together with my buddy Jop. We do programming, graphics and design ourselves.
Here is some of my stupid looking pixelart, I wasn't able to make cool pixel art, everything kind of ended up looking stupid so I went with it.

Originally I got into videogames by hanging out with my neighbour, I was 8-ish and had never even seen a computer. He was playing Kirby on the Nes, it fascinated me, I always liked cartoons and now I could play one. My first response was to ask my parents to get me an Nes which they didn't, so I started to make my own games from cardboard and paper.
Later on my parents bought me an Nes (it was around 1999 by that time, but I didn't care). I spend a lot of time playing kirby.
Later on I found software called game maker in an issue of a magazine called Compukids, this is when I first started with programming and making games.

My all time favorite games are (in no particular sequence): Super Mario World (snes), Kirby's adventure (nes), all the smash bros titles, all the arkham titles, pokemon, lufia 2, nuclear throne and finally hotline miami. They're probably more but eh.

I'd love to be a real Indie game developer, so I'm hoping a lot of you veterans out there can give me advice, show me where my game needs more polish or my design is lacking, but also give advice about the business aspect how you're keeping the money coming in and attract players etc.

Hope to see you soon,

Arjen

RedRoy
Level 0

Really Red

View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: July 12, 2017, 02:38:27 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm RedRoy!

I've been coding for 6 years and have a bachelors in computer science. I enjoy programming very much, and even worked at a summer camp teaching code and game design to kids of all ages.

I've been drawing for 4 years, and am, very slowly, getting to the point where I'm not totally embarrassed by my art. (Almost there!)

I've got a couple personal game projects, but I'm not terribly active with them. I'm currently trying to take those projects more seriously, and I thought getting involved in a game design community would be really great way to encourage me.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Some of my favorite games are Transistor, Chibi-robo, the Bioshock series, Zelda, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't know for certain what my first experience with video games was, because my parents tell me I was messing around with their computer when I was 3 and I don't remember anything from that age. Though my mom says I spent a lot of time playing a Flintstones game? Who knows.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:43:34 AM by RedRoy » Logged
SutcliffeJoshua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: July 12, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm Joshua.

I'm an artist for SaltyMonsterStudio, and we're releasing our game "Staff Wars" real soon too.

Other then that we're currently working on Dimensions VS (A platform-fightinger) while all on no sleep and ramen noodles.
Papich
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: July 13, 2017, 03:00:46 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Davy, I'm 30 years old.
I got into video games when i was very young, my brother had a genesis and i couldn't stop playing Sonic the hedgehog!

This game, all by itself, makes me love the indie video game industry, it tickles my nostalgic fiber.
Don't get me wrong, i like some AAA video game, like Dishonored:

or the last Wolfenstein:

or even Overwatch (yeah, i'm a FPS guy^^ thank you DOOM for what you have done to me!)

But nothing is better than a piece of art made by a few guys with their creativity and their imagination. In this industry, limitation can lead to overcoming and this is exactly what i am looking for!
Video games like Spelunky, Broforce, Hotline Miami, The binding of Isaac or more recently Tormentor X Punisher are big inspirations for me, it's this kind of games that lead me to become an indie game developer.
So yeah, for now i'm a developer, i'm an artist, i'm a pixel animator, i have multiple hats and i'm overwhelmed by work, but i'm happy!

Cheers!

openwater
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: July 14, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »

Hey everyone -

Really psyched to see such a large dev community on here. Neat place to start getting more involved.

I'm Ryan, 23 y/o, avid gamer that denied for way too long that I should try making them.

Graduated into a healthcare consulting gig before realizing, in the words of Lil Dicky, "I saw quick all the flaws that be coming when you grow up like that... when you be racing those rats".

In the name of not leaving behind any regrets - left my full-time gig and am now doing game dev full time.

Created my first iOS game and have learned some tough lessons about getting your game out there. But I'm here to learn, grow, and generally get much better at the industry.

Look forward to participating here!
DanielBill
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: July 14, 2017, 11:33:42 AM »

Hello guys,

my name is Daniel Bill. I'm a determined game developer at the mid-start of something.
We as 5 guys are working on a game I want to promote here in the forum. Of course I would
also answer possible questions or fight against criticism. I am also very interested in general
feedback.

Personally I prefer deep and meaningful RPG-Games as much as Global-Strategy, but due to our current project, time to play is rare. The only exception was when the new Zelda game released. I think I played about 30 hours at this weekend.

I live in Frankfurt, Germany. Nice city you should come around, have some tasteful beers.

Well, don't know what to say more, check out our game!
Deryv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:08 AM »

Hi everybody,

I am Deryv, a newcomer in the world of the game developping. I am 20 years old and currently developing my first video game (Elemento) completely on my own so any support would be greatly appreciated. Please check out the thread in the appropriate forum and visit my devlog. Other than that, I am a student in computer science at McGill in Canada and a long-time gamer. My favourite games are The Last of Us and the Mass Effect Trilogy, so story and atmosphere oriented games. I hope to discuss with as many of you as possible about my project or about anything else related to gaming in the future.

Thank you  Smiley
TukeArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: July 17, 2017, 12:25:12 PM »

Hello!

I am TukeArt, a Finnish Graphic Designer. I'm currently working on Beat'em up-Vania hybrid game, Succubus Sisters!

The project got started in January 2016 as a tool for learning more about programming and traditional animation, and for creating material for a portfolio. As I had so much fun working on this project, I decided to turn it up a notch and make it a real game. So far the journey has been great, but there's a lot of work left.

I found out about this forum after being recommended to make a dev blog here. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Besides beat'em ups and Igavanias, I like 4X games. I really love VGM, and I spend more time listening to game soundtracks than playing games. FPS, PvP & AAA games are generally not my thing.

Twitter, for most recent stuff: https://twitter.com/TukeArt
Some gameplay footage:

My webpage: www.tukeart.com
Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10316 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »

Hi all

My name is Josh, and it's been quite the year for me. Just 12 months ago I was crippling depressed and checked out from life. I had a soul-draining job, too many responsibilities, and I felt like I couldn't deal with all of them. It was like I was on auto-pilot until I either retired or died.

I reached a breaking point with my depression. It was bad, but it was also good, because it woke me the hell up.

I began saving as much as I could, and in January I quit my job. Immediately afterward I began work on my first game, Village Monsters.

The goal now is to start (continue) this new life pursuing the dream I've had since I was 9 years old - to make a living from video games. I'll probably fail, but at least I can say I tried, and what I learned is that life is too short not to take these risks. No many auto-pilot for me!

Anyway! I'm here now to immerse myself in the community and pimp my own stuff - like the rest of you, no doubt. Thanks for reading!

Weedo Game
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10317 on: July 18, 2017, 02:32:17 AM »

Hey there guys, we are Weedo Game A mobile game studio based next to Hong Kong (Shenzhen if any of you know China) with about 12 staff including our finance/office girl and me our token Westerner who does the community/social media/marketing/friend making for us.

We range in age from 22 years old through to 36 and are all gamers in some form or other.

The first game was on the Commodore 64 with Bubble Bobble (with tape deck I should add... we werent posh enough for disc drives)

We started out making fitness Apps before we realised after the 6th billionth topic about what games we are playing, that really what interested us the most was games so why not follow our hearts and put our knowledge to game design? Gentleman

Our 1st game launched on the App Store in October last year after nearly 2 years and 4 trial games we built to work on ideas and mechanics. We spent nearly 6 months of that time working with players in test flights to see what worked and what didnt in a live environment.

Our current favourite games include Persona 5 for its amazing story telling and world creation

The Darkest Dungeon for its look, feel and the sense of loss created when your characters either die or start going mad from the horrors they have faced

We've had over 250,000 downloads of our first game, Shoot The Dragons. A free to play sideways scrolling shooter where you play one of 4 heroes exploring the world of Pandora and fighting off its local wild life in all its weird and wonderful forms. Not alone in this quest though you are helped by over 20 unique buddies who wield a variety of skills that can help your hero.

Currently, we are working on our new game... same sideways scrolling action we love and in the same universe but with some new twists and changes.

We look forward to sharing some more information in the coming months!

Ben@Weedo Game

An Indie games studio based in the Far East making mobile titles which are easy to pick up but hard to put down.

1st Game: Shoot The Dragons (iOS, FTP Sideways scrolling shooter) - 250k downloads. Featured in the App Store in the US, China & Thailand. Media coverage on Pocket Gamer & Touch Arcade
Wender
Level 0

reversing everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10318 on: July 19, 2017, 05:51:05 AM »

Hi, Wender here, projects/portfolio at www.rednew.xyz

- c# developer in unity3d and lone freelacer
- from brazil
- gamer addicted: fallout,elder scrolls, chrono trigger, wesnoth, text adventures and fps games in general.
- interests mainly in: chatbots, web games, deep learning ai.

PatrickECS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10319 on: July 21, 2017, 12:54:34 AM »

Hi,

My name is Patrick and I work as PR/Community Manager for the Swedish company Eat Create Sleep, where we currently work on Crest.

Some of the other stuff I do & did:

- I've been working as freelance journalist for the better half of the last decade for various websites (mainly in German)
- Work on my own game about depression in my spare time
- Do English to German localisation for indie games
- Editing my first book
- Sometimes sleeping

If your interested, you can check out my Portfolio.

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic