Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:52:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907696 times)
Mischawake
Level 0

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10320 on: July 21, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

Hi, my name is Michael!

I'm a long time developer but am brand new to TIGSource. I studied Digital Media Design in school and got my start in games from a film I made about my internal struggle over finding more meaning in video games than IRL, it's called As Real as Your Life. It wound up getting shown at the TED conference (as part of a talk by David Perry) and that opened a lot of doors for me and got me my first few game design gigs. I lived in Hong Kong for a while and worked on games there, and eventually settled in Philadelphia where I took part in the small indy game scene there.

(So Moody!)

Around 2010 I published my first game, a pixel art bike racing game set in Philadelphia (where I had been living for a while). It's called Hipster City Cycle. I made this game way too hard - it's really punishing like an early arcade game. It had moderate success on the app store, people in Philly were really excited about it. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to keep it updated, so it doesn't run on the current iOS.

In 2013 I moved to Los Angeles to join that thatgamecompany. I worked there for almost 4 years, helping them make the still mostly announced follow up to Journey, "that next game."

I currently work at The Game Band as Gameplay Designer/Programmer on the upcoming game Where Cards Fall. It's a coming of age story puzzle game with a core mechanic of constructing structures out of cards.

I'm also working on a side project called Hyperboid - it's a .io browser "MMO" with an early arcade game vibe. Kind of like asteroids but with 100+ players. It uses Craig Reynolds "boid" flocking algorithms, hence the name. I joined TIGSource to share and get feedback on this project. I just started a devlog for it.

Check out those sweet boids!

If you're interested in checking out my other work, my website is www.michaelhighland.com

Hmmm, I think that's about it Smiley

TGIF!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:40:52 AM by Mischawake » Logged
Lb4b
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: July 22, 2017, 09:36:58 PM »

Hi!
My Name is leonid, 31 years old, and game development is a hobby of mine. I like to make everything by myself - including 3d modelling, design and coding.
I have developed 3 games so far, all for mibile platforms.
Cheers  Wink
TomFletcher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: July 23, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom Fletcher and I'm an indie Game Developer living in Yorkshire in the North of England.

I've wanted to make games for almost as long as I can remember, but my first real introduction to any kind of game development was through the modding tools available for Half Life 2. I spent a long time making my own single player levels and campaigns in the Hammer Editor but gradually became frustrated that I was limited in what I could achieve because I didn't know how to code. This pushed me to go and pick up some beginer's guides to programming in C++ and C#.

I started messing around making some very basic games in C++ before I found out about Microsoft's XNA. Once I got used to using C#, XNA was perfect for me, it had a good balance between being easy to use but still having the depth and complexity to allow you to do almost anything you wanted.

The icing on the cake of XNA was that you could release your games on the xbox 360 via Xbox Live Indie Games (XBLIG), which was an amazing service with a huge amount of variety in what games you could find there. I ended up releasing two games on XBLIG and was really happy to see my games being played, and happier still when I saw that they were selling a reasonable number of copies, not quite enough to make a living but not too far off.

I moved on from XNA to Unity aswell as html 5 development, and from there I started to get into freelance work. For the most part I really enjoyed the freelance work that I did, mainly on web games and iOS apps, but I found it difficult to work on my own stuff at the same time. With that in mind I moved away from freelance to work on my own games, though I haven't managed to release anything since making that decision so hopefully it wont turn out to be a huge mistake  Undecided .

As far as my history of playing games goes; the first game I really loved was probably Civilization 2 which I was introduced to when I was about 8 years old. Civ 2 kickstarted a love of strategy games in general, with the Age of Empires and Cossacks series being early favourites of mine. Throughout my childhood I enjoyed playing games from more-or-less all genres, but overall gravitated towards first person shooters, with the Timesplitters, Halo and Half Life series standing out with particularly fond memories.

Anyway this is probably dragging on abit for an introduction, so I should probably wrap it up.

I dont know why it has taken me so long to join TIGsource, it looks like a brilliant community and I look forward to being a small part of it.

Cheers  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:47:15 PM by TomFletcher » Logged

Tororo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: July 23, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »

Hi Everybody!
                      My name is Alexander, I'm 28 years old from California. I've been programming for almost 10 years now mostly as freelancer.

I'm always interested in games wanted to be Kickstarter or funded via crowdfunding sources.

I've been reading the forums for a long time now but for some reason never feel the need to be part of it.

Regards everyone!
IndelveStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10324 on: July 24, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »

Hi!

We are a new game development studio based on California.

My name is Nick Varchavsky (@NickVarchavsky) and I've been a programmer for almost 25 years! I'm 37 now Smiley

I started working for an advergames company when I was 17, and worked on a few cool games, including VR (in 1997!) using WorldUp!. After a year I've worked as a freelancer for some time until I funded my own company (Interatica - www.interatica.com) and started doing advergames and alike worldwide.

Personally, I've played games all my life. I've played Counter Strike professionally, being my last tournament the 2003 Summer CPL at Dallas. And I loved programming games as well.

I've programmed a couple of games just for fun. One is Crazy Colors, for iOS, a game showcasing the Stroop effect of the brain. It's free, and very old now! I honestly don't have time to update it, although I have tons of ideas that someday I'll apply: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazycolors/id387585116?mt=8

I've also done a simple game for which I created a tutorial, called Spell Run, for iOS as well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spell-run/id1102280858?mt=8

I've done other games for Windows for fun, but it wasn't until about a year ago when I started with a friend (and now business partner) an aerospace business simulation game called Initiative: Red Dawn. You can check it out here: http://initiative.online

We're working hard on this game and we'll be conducting a Kickstarting campaign once we reach 3,000 subscribers on our newsletter. At the time of this writing, we're T-1703 for launch Smiley

I program mostly in Unity3D although I've done a few things in Unreal.

Thanks!

t: @IndelveStudios
w: http://initiative.online
Agraga
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: July 24, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »

Hi!
My Name is Nagarik, 26 years old, games likes mario, bomberman, tanks brought me into gaming when i was a kid.
Now i'm a gameplay programmer having 3 years experience. I have developed 3 games so far. i'm currently working on a sci-fi fantasy game for PC.soon i'll post updates on dev blog here.
one of the concept art images of our current game

FragmentSky
Level 0

Visual Novel Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10326 on: July 25, 2017, 12:47:32 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Winston, I live in Australia and do full time freelancing (marketing and writing).

I enjoy reading and writing visual novels and my favorite games are Danganronpa and Portal 2.

I usually make my games through Game Maker.

TeamRoyal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10327 on: July 25, 2017, 02:23:18 AM »

Hey all!

I'm Matt, my wife and I make games together here in Orlando FL.

I'm a C# programmer and she is the artist.

We've had a lot of fun working on our first game. At the moment we are working only on mobile, however we want to branch out to other platforms at some point.

procksnake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: July 25, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »

My name is Ilhyeok Park. About 7 month ago , I was a just gamer working at embedded programming company. But now I'm developing android game. Actually this is my first game, so there are many obstacles I have to go through. Finally I found this site. This is very awesome community to get many information and find out what everybody else do.

Thanks for everybody, and I hope your game will be placed where you want.
Winner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: July 25, 2017, 06:15:29 PM »

Hey dudes. This thread has a gorillion posts and over 500 pages but I figure I'll say hi anyway, keep it on the books.

I'm a 28 year old self-taught musician turned self-taught programmer and (hopefully) indie game developer if my crowdfund can reach it's goals. I've gone and made a thread for my game here already so I wont repost that now. For being such a small community, there sure are a lot of posts in this thread!  Durr...?

Nice to meet ya.
Ben23
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: July 25, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »

Hi
my name is Benjamin im trying to finish a game in game maker i used it in the past but never made a complete game
so i hope to finish it this time  Well, hello there!
Matdu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10331 on: July 26, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »

Hello!
I'm Matheus, 22, I'm from Brazil and I've been playing games since I was 4, I've have always dreamed of making games.
Currently I'm a fullstack developer trying to get into game dev mostly as a hobby, to create games that I'd imagined if it would ever exist and always wanted to play.
Right now I'm dealing with the lack of self-motivation to get deep into it, I start a project then stop and start another different project everytime and since none of my friends are interested in the game dev world, sadly, I don't have anyone to debate and create a project together.
So, that's it, I intend to participate more here on TIGSource instead of just watching, also I'm loving reading about the process of development and idealization of every game I've seen here so far, amazing!  Beer!
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: July 26, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »

Hello

I'm both an artist and programmer but I'm better at art then programming. Smiley
Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: July 27, 2017, 03:15:07 AM »

Hello all.

I'm a computer science student and gamer. I enjoy character driven narratives, exciting action-game mechanics, and anything that's weird and imaginative.

I'm currently working on a fantasy themed shooter as a hobby. I will probably make a devlog thread later, when I have time to write one up.

moonbike
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: July 27, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »

Hey, my name is Henry and I'm interested in making HTML5 games using Phaser.js. I've just completed my first game and I'll be looking to start building some small libraries for building adventure and metroidvanias. Anybody else here experienced in Phaser?
Kryptot7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10335 on: July 28, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »

Hi!
I'm a budding game developer/artist/storyteller. I love games with humor, intriguing and evocative characters and stories, and innovative designs that move the industry forward.
Also, I love that this site has a Cave Story emoji Smiley
conquistador
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: July 30, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »

Hey everyone, like Matdu I'm also a full stack developer for a web app development company and have made a return to hobby game development. Currently working on an aquatic runner for Android. I plan to wrap it up sometime soon and move onto something else, as this one is mainly just an exercise. Might do a devlog about it, not sure.
Gtblitz15
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: July 30, 2017, 07:17:48 AM »

Hello guys. My name is Guilherme and I'm currently a student of computer engineering in Coimbra. I'm part of a small game dev team called 8-Bit Forgers, based on the Department of Informatics Engineering of the University of Coimbra. I'm currently a game tester, but I'm also starting to do a bit of small programming/bug correction tasks. I'm here to show you some of our work and share our experiences, but also to get some feedback on our games and learn from you! Cheers!
Funvin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10338 on: July 30, 2017, 08:00:32 AM »

Hi there!

My name is Vicente and my dream is to work designing and programming video games.
I studied computing science and a post degree master about artificial intelligence and digital image.
Nowadays I develop games myself for fun, with the help of an artist for the art side.

We will meet at the forum  Grin  Toast Right Toast Left
lfrazier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Lauren Frazier and I'm a Software Engineer in Oakland, CA. I'm a former Google engineer with a Masters in CS, but more importantly, I love games and always have. I'm transitioning my career to become a full-time game developer and am also working on my own personal side projects which I'll be posting about here. I look forward to being a part of this vibrant, awesome community!

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic