Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:49:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952192 times)
Sokuaisushi
Level 0

Sole Developer of The Void (Title WIP)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10340 on: July 30, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »

I'm a student at my local university working on my bachelors of science in computer science with a focus on game development. I began game development at the age of 11 with Game Maker 7, and have been making small games and mods as a hobbyist ever since. I'm currently 21 years old and am working on my first title I plan on releasing.

I've made several maps for Starcraft Broodwar, Warcraft The Frozen Throne, and Starcraft 2, and while I don't have any of the projects I made when I was a kid (due to moving around and changing computers), I do still have the more recent ones from Starcraft 2. These are a couple screenshots from my most recent Starcraft 2 map: Monstercraft RPG 2

I learned a lot about game development from making that Starcraft 2 map by myself. In it I had created a custom stat system, spell system, movement/combat and control system, minimap system, quest system, dialogue system, I created a tutorial and intro for the game as well as a main menu screen. I created a procedural item system and custom inventory and shop system for it, and created a fully playable slot-machine that you could win items from. I created three playable heroes, two different bosses and tons of enemies, secrets to find and so much more.

The map is still on Starcraft 2 and is free to play for everyone on the arcade (at least I believe the arcade is still free to play for everyone).

I may come back to the map someday and finish the story-line and world terrain, but for now my new project has consumed me. This one I'm also creating solely by myself as was with the previous projects. Here is a screenshot of some extremely early gameplay (note this one is large):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bjfPgSzpXbuzgqyR2

I hoped you enjoyed reading a little about myself, and I hope everyone's projects are going well!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:40:27 PM by Sokuaisushi » Logged

A fast, yet still rogue-like RPG.

Facebook - Twitter - Trailer - Video Devlog
slideshowblob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: July 31, 2017, 05:58:35 AM »

Hello people! I'm quite blatantly here to promote my game, but have been good and read the rules so introducing myself here first Smiley

Programmer, musician, outdoors enthusiast, environmentalist, and crappy artist as you'll see when I publish a game link Wink
gouhadouken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: July 31, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »

Hey all, good to finally join a community like this. I'm a freelance artist out of Toronto, Canada. Currently bumming from project to project, as well as working on some personal stuff in my down-time.

Basically, I draw and unironically enjoy vaporwave. Lifes good.
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »

vaporwave

s p a c e o u t

Devlog<br /><br />[/
Sol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: August 02, 2017, 02:54:57 AM »

My name is Jonas.
I live in beautiful Berlin where after my studies in game design
I started working in a game art company doing mostly 3D work.
I really missed making games tho, so i started to work on a small 2D platformer in the little time I can find for that.
Up till now that work means sketching, painting and trying to get a hang of construct 2.
I am by no means a programmer, so even the visual scripting is is not easy for me, but rewarding nonetheless.
Lurking these forums always made me want more of that mysterious world of indiegames.
I feel its time to finally join this community and to start sharing my work with you.

Coffee
Gumichan01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: August 02, 2017, 03:31:12 AM »

Hello everyone.

I am not good at introducing myself, so let's try.

My name is Gumichan01 (just call me Gumichan01, I don't want to give my real name No No NO)
I am a computer science student in Paris.
I'm not a game developer.

I love playing video games (obviously), reading mangas (Dimensions W, Fate, ...).
My favorite music genre/style: Dubstep, Gothic Rock, EDM, Hardcore, J-Music(Vocaloid, J-Core, J-Metal, ...)
My favorite music artist/group/circles: Amateras Record, EastNewSound, Eternal Melody, Reol, Lukhash, Yuuhei Sattelite, Shoujo Fractal, Shibayan, Yousei Teikoku, Denkare, Ladytron, Zircon, ...

My favorite video games:

- Zelda
- Touhou Project (東方 Project). If you know this game, you must recognize the girl I'm using as an avatar.
- DoDonPachi
- Osu!
- Mario Kart
- Shantae

I think that's all!

ScottAmpleford
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10346 on: August 02, 2017, 08:28:28 AM »

Hey folks.
My name's Scott, I'm a 25 year old composer from the North East of England. I've been composing music for short films and TV for almost 10 years.
I've never scored a game before, though I've wanted to for some time. I was pointed in the direction of this forum by a friend that's been writing game music for a while.

I'd love to chat with some of you about adding original music to your games! Hit me up! Gentleman

I've never scored a videogame before, help me change that!
www.scottampleford.com
www.scottampleford.bandcamp.com
www.youtube.com/mrottscay
Chyme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10347 on: August 02, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »

…I feel very pressured to introduce myself here after reading those things called “THE RULES.”

So hello! My name is Matt. I was recommended to come here as a good resource to get feedback on projects I’m working on, as well as meet other developers with similar interests. I love games and talking about game design stuff, so you’ll probably see me poking around in the Playtesting sub-forum quite a bit.

I like games that do neat things and make you think in cool ways. Some of my favorites:

Shadow of the Colossus (and the rest of the Ico Trilogy)
DOOM I & II
Portal
The Panel de Pon games (Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League in NA)
The Witness
Stephen’s Sausage Roll

More people should talk about that last one. It’s a gem.

That’s it for me for now. Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:58:17 PM by Chyme » Logged
igrek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10348 on: August 03, 2017, 06:04:43 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Jacek, Igrek is my nickname. I'm from Poland and I make games.
I created Blosics and UberBall.
I do all the programming, graphics and design. Sometimes audio, but not always.

Lately I've been playing Nuclear Throne a lot. Great small game, good mechanics, awesome world.

Cheers!

zbar.co
Level 0

Jimbob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10349 on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:32 AM »

Hey I'm James, been coding since I was about 9 (I didn't get out much!) ended up working in IT until I found Unity about 5 years ago and been trying to make it as a gamedev ever since.

I grew up playing the likes of Ultima (7, 7b were the best,) Starfleet Command, Birth of the Federation, Morrowind & Daggerfall, Phantasy Star Online. Love scifi and RPG's basically.

Working on an indie free-to-play Zombie RPG that's shaping up quite well - got the basics sorted, need a hand testing and spooling up the old marketing grind.

nrberens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10350 on: August 04, 2017, 08:44:26 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Nate. I'm a hobbyist game dev from Michigan. I got my start in game design literally sitting on the swingset during recess in elementary school dreaming up games with my friends. Over the years I dabbled in modding and game dev but never fully dove in due to struggling with learning to code. A few years ago things finally started to click and since then I've been learning and experimenting primarily in Unity.

I'm a writer and storyteller first and foremost, programmer second. I'm also learning more about the art and sound side of things.

My main project currently is a first-person narrative adventure game tentatively titled Perfect Heaven, about exploring a cult compound and learning about the lives of its members. It's inspired by the environmental storytelling of Gone Home but with the aesthetic of a late 90s survival horror game.

I've also worked on some jam games which are available here:

https://ludodrome.itch.io/

In addition to game dev, I occasionally make video essays/documentaries under the name Ludodrome here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1MeZc7EDv8IQfqkVlZ_gnA

Looking forward to meeting new people and participating in the discussion here!

Eldritch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »

Hello. I'm an artist and writer, primarily, although I'm learning my way around Unity at the moment.
Sam Bryce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: August 05, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »

Hi

I primarily think of myself as a programmer, but I'm trying to really focus on getting good at designing games.  I'm also passable enough at art and music to hopefully make a complete game.

The game I'm working on now is a genetics based action rogue-lite.  Think Binding of Isaac, but instead of items, you primarily strengthen your character by marrying, having children, and choosing one of those children to continue on as.  We'll see if the concept pans out.

AlexBender
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: August 05, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Alex and I'm a programmer who always wanted to make games and, well... Whenever I've been successful in the past, I've largely attributed it to joining a community. So this is my first step in that direction, I look forward to learn from everyone and get to know this corner of the universe.

I've plenty of ideas of what I want to do and some ideas of how I should do them, but I'm largely interested in learning more, in general, about as much as I can.

See you around!
trykondev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: August 06, 2017, 07:51:57 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Kyle and I’m a game developer from Canada.  I am very excited to join the TIGSource community! I’ve been a fan of these forums for a while and I’ve finally decided to start contributing some details about my own work.

I’m a big fan of SNES/N64/Gameboy/Gamecube era video games. I recently tried to put together my top 5 favorite games of all time and found it impossible to choose. But some favorites include: Pikmin, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Zelda (Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, Link’s Awakening), Smash Bros (Melee is best), Pokemon Red & Gold, and Golden Sun.

More recently, I find myself playing indie games more than anything else. Some more recent favorites: Papers Please, Antichamber, Towerfall, Super Hexagon, Stephen’s Sausage Roll, all of Daniel Linssen's Ludum Dare games, and all of Andrew Shouldice's Ludum Dare games.

My formal background is in programming so that is my primary skill with respect to game development -- but I also really love the level creation and writing aspects. I work primarily with Unity and Gamemaker, but I’ve worked with other robust game engines like the command line and Microsoft excel.

I recently left my software engineering job at Microsoft to pursue making games full time. I’m really looking forward to showing you all what I’ve been working on and I encourage any and all feedback and criticism!
Joysteak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: August 07, 2017, 12:28:27 AM »

Hi, I'm Hanif and I'm a programmer and wannabe musician.

I'm working with a couple of friends to make games together, and for the game we're working on, I'm also the designer and writer.
Cheers!
ZoR Dev
Level 0

Developer of Lost Items

View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: August 07, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »

Hello !

I'm Thomas, aka ZoR Dev.
I'm the developer of Lost Items, a new game on Steam which has reached 1k+ downloads in 4 days ! Well, hello there!
It is available here and here !

I'm glad to join you, and I hope I'll be able to help some of you by providing feedback ! :D
I'm also here to promote Lost Items and get your reviews on it, as it's only an Early Access game, I'd like to improve it as much as I can before releasing it !

I think that's all you need to know, you'll get to know me with time ! :D

A new indie game.<br />Developer of Lost Items, available here
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: August 07, 2017, 06:33:53 AM »

Hello !

I'm Thomas, aka ZoR Dev.
I'm the developer of Lost Items, a new game on Steam which has reached 1k+ downloads in 4 days ! Well, hello there!
It is available here and here !

I'm glad to join you, and I hope I'll be able to help some of you by providing feedback ! :D
I'm also here to promote Lost Items and get your reviews on it, as it's only an Early Access game, I'd like to improve it as much as I can before releasing it !

I think that's all you need to know, you'll get to know me with time ! :D

Hi PChom, interesting to see you join this thread ^_^

Devlog<br /><br />[/
zgus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: August 07, 2017, 12:40:08 PM »

Hello, my name is Gustavo, I am graphic designer and illustrator, tired of marketing and pubic I decided to dedicate myself more to the illustration and animation, I am in that way, dedicated more to the concept art, development of personages and first steps in amination 2d. I have been studying some very basic things Unity ... just so I can communicate correctly with the programmers, my brain does not work properly as a programmer, so I leave that part for those who know and are passionate about programming, for now only art, I hope to learn and share my knowledge in this community,
I already apologize for my bad english, born in google translator ...

I leave a link to my site:

http://zdesign.com.ar

https://www.facebook.com/zgus.Art/

I'm still building another solo dedicated to concept art and animation, but it's still not finished

Greetings from Argentina.

Gustavo
divone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: August 07, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

Hi, everyone! I'm Ryan  Grin

I'm a former AAA developer who recently made the jump towards Indie development Smiley.

I had the chance to work as a level designer at Ubisoft (Ghost Recon: Future Solider) and lately as a game designer at CDProjekt Red (The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077).
I am joining this forum because I have zero contact in the indie community and that I need to start somewhere :D.

I got into game design fairly young (around 9yo) and have always known that this was what I wanted to do. I'm pretty proficient when it comes to technical skills and design, but unfortunately, I have a complete lack of graphical skills (which I pay deeply when it comes to promoting my solo work).

As an indie, games are not yet my main projects. I am first developing some SaaS (Software as a service) for companies that will also be useful for my own studio, and try to make money out of it to fund the development of my games.

My soul-project, the game that I can't wait to get back on, is a procedural text-based adventure. A game meant to reproduce a Pen&Paper RPG session that you would have with your friends, except that the game master is an A.I.

So that's it for me!
Nice to meet you all Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic