Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:35:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953155 times)
summoneranna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: August 08, 2017, 10:39:36 AM »

'Sup everyone. I'm Anna  Ninja. I'm a not boring accountant by trade and am into mostly casual games on my phone as well as final fantasy, grand theft auto, and tekken on my PS4 (basiq, but I like what I like). Personally not working on a game (wouldn't even know how to), but I know someone who is, and I am helping him research the communities out there. Came across the TigSource blog, thought the blog posts were cool, stumbled into the TigForums and was pleasantly surprised to see how active it was. I used to be part of many-a-fora back in the 00s, and being here kinda brought back some fond memories of making stylish avies and siggies, using awesome emoticons  Gentleman, and trying to get my post count high enough so that mod-senpai would notice me Well, hello there!. Oops, I'm rambling now haha. well then, i'll be on my way.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Arachnibot
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10361 on: August 08, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

Hey there. I'm Arachnibot. I'm a pixel enthusiast, a jack of all trades, and an aspiring developer!

I dabble in programming, music, pixel art, a tad of digital art.

I hope to see you all around!
cbrwizard
Level 0

A game developer, used to be web dev.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10362 on: August 08, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »

Heya there! My name if Fyodor, I am a friendly guy from Russia.

I used to be a web developer (have 5+ production experience), but I decided to quit a well-paid job to pursue my childhood dream of creating video games.
So here I am, I have a prototype-ish game made in Unity https://cbrwizard.github.io/game-off-2016/ and currently, I'm working on a html5 multiplayer turn-based strategy game PicsWars http://picswars.io/?ref=tigsource.

I am here to become a part of the community and find my players! Enough with creating video games in the basement, it's time to speak with people, hehe!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:29:51 PM by cbrwizard » Logged

Check out my turn-based multiplayer strategy game Picswars.io http://picswars.io/?ref=tigsource and please leave feedback! [:
WideOpenSam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10363 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:37 AM »

Hi y'all,

My name is Sam, and I run Wide Open Games - making games about practicing mindfulness and getting to know yourself. I live in Austin, TX USA, and my favorite game ever is Toe Jam and Earl.

I'm learning as much as I can about running a business, so hit me up if you've got knowledge to share!

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Thanks,
Sam
rogerthat52
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10364 on: August 09, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »

Hello! My name's Roger, I'm a solo indie developer in training. I've started multiple projects and even gotten some alphas out there, but nothing I've ever followed to completion. I'm mostly a programmer, and struggle with animating and art assets, but that won't stop me!

My introduction to gaming started at my grandma's house. The only console I had from ages 4 to 14 was a PS1 with one game: Pong. The rest I wasn't allowed to play, but sometimes caught glimpses of (my parents playing Resident Evil, mostly). However, when I would go to my grandma's house, often my cousin would be staying there, with a SNES set up on her huge living room CRT and a backpack full of games lying next to it. Playing through Super Mario World, Zelda III, Smash TV, and Breath of Fire were my favorites. We've spent afternoons blasting through SMW and LTTP more times than I could count, and I still play those games on occasion today. However, remembering my early experiences watching my parents play Resident Evil have recently reintroduced me to the genre. Nowadays I'm a huge survival horror fan, once I got over being afraid of everything.

My game dev experience started with making idle games in HTML with JavaScript. I've since moved on to making basic 2D games with HTML5 canvas, then moved to LÖVE for awhile to work with more powerful native applications. I'm now working with Monogame. Although I'm still learning a lot of the terminology and game technologies, I prefer writing code with a framework instead of a full engine such as Unity.

My two main goals ahead of me right now are learning the technology to make the games I wanna play, and make those games really great. So far I've lacked any communication with others, and have been yearning for a community to be a part of. I hope that frequenting here can change that!
Mountain Forge Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10365 on: August 10, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »

Hello! I am the sole current founder of Mountain Forge Games, which is also my name on here! I've been in the independent design courses for a year and have experience doing design, business, art, and scripting. I've learned quite a lot in the past year and currently trying my hand at level design, texture art, and environment design. I have a game called Shambler's Wake that came out a few months ago as a class project of which received more videos on youtube than I thought. At the moment, I intend to finish this next year of classes before making Mountain Forge Games an official studio to create games and hopefully deliver some excellent content for others to enjoy. :D
lanza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: August 11, 2017, 02:37:21 AM »

Hello!
I'm a programmer and designer (well, I'm trying to be one).

As a programmer, I use mostly c and c++, and like to use my own engines.
As a designer, I'm very interested in how and what games can teach us about the world and ourselves.

I hope I can learn and improve a lot thanks to this community!
MrErdalUral
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: August 11, 2017, 02:51:26 AM »

Hello I am Erdal Ural. I'm from Turkey.

I have a degree on Computer Engineering and working to get a master's degree.

I make games for fun with a team I formed up with my friends. Currently we have 1 2D artist, 2 programmers, and a story writer on our team. I hope to make a living as a game developer in near future.

I can do programming, game design and pixel art though my focus is usually the game design since we have another programmer.

If you are curious you can play the stuff we have made for a couple of game jams (mostly ludum dare) on this link: https://mrerdalural.itch.io/
TyTy0427
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »

Hi I am TyTy and I am a coder.

I code games.
That is all.
SaNoBen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »

Heyo!

My name's Abraham. I got into video games with what I maintain is the greatest console of all time, the PS2. It came bundled with Jack and Daxter and Gran Trusimo 3, both games that are still near and dear to my heart.

My interest in developing games started about seven or eight years ago. I decided to go to the Savannah College of Art and Design to study game development and met some really cool people. I made a couple games with some close friends and we decided to start up a company.

Now I'm a game designer who mostly focuses on systems design and scripting working on the game Battery Jam with said company! I also try to help with the art but apparently "making everything black with red neon highlights" isn't going to make it into our art bible.
FingersMeetC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: August 14, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »

Hey everybody! Been looking around this site for quite a while to see what's up on the indie scene, and finally decided to join. I'm a pixel artist mostly focusing on the expression of the 16-bit. No matter how great 3D graphics have gotten, there's just something so warming about seeing the simpler graphics of the past. But I'm excited to be on here, and I can't wait to be more active!
barlieuy
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10371 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »

Hi!

The name's Barli. I've invested most of my time trying to learn how to be a good game designer Tongue
So yeah I can do a bit of programming in Unity and draw some basic pixel/vector art enough to develop a simple prototype.
Also if I'm in the mood I could compose a short midi soundtrack for I really love to play guitar! Smiley

Well I'm a huge RPG fan and recently into platformer/metroidvania games since my team and I have been developing a project like ones. I really expect something big from this amazing network. I'm always passionate to improve even more!

Nice to meet you guys. Hope we can get along Wink
FriendLight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: August 15, 2017, 01:15:17 AM »

Hello!

I am a Finnish game development student, mostly interested in game programming and design. Ever since I can remember I have loved picking games apart and seeing how they tick. From there it was natural to make my own, and every failure since has only made me more passionate for the craft. I especially love minimalism and reductive design in games. I hope to learn more from these forums.
hugolnx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: August 15, 2017, 02:45:42 AM »

Hi! I work with web development as a programmer since 2009. Now I'm starting to study game design so I can work as a game designer/developer someday.
Le Slo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: August 16, 2017, 08:53:43 AM »

Hello,

I'm a spanish amateur game developer, I started this journey a year and a half ago. It was Brian Moriarty's speech in Jonathan Blow's "The Witness" the reason I joined this world and "Myst" my first passion game. I've always loved exploring puzzle games, as you can see.

I'm here to listen to other's stories, learn skills and play new and interesting games.

Here we go!

EatAllTheGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: August 16, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »

Hello, we're Eat All The Games! There's two of us, husband (developer) and wife (artist). We're trying to break into the game development world and create aesthetically vibrant and enjoyable gaming experiences! We have a kickstarter going which is doing alright so far which is very motivating, but we're quickly realising that it's very difficult to get noticed! We're trying to pull this off around our day-jobs Smiley

I've enjoyed many video games since getting my hands on the ZX spectrum! I'm currently both excited and terrified for Shenmue 3... because I've wanted it for so long, and because I don't want it to be bad!
Sebastian_Nigro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10376 on: August 17, 2017, 01:54:25 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Sebastian Nigro and I've been knee deep in game development for about four years and a hobbyist for the past twelve years.

I've released two games on Steam and currently live purely off of my game development income which is step one of my master plan. My engine of choice is Game Maker. I can't wait to get involved with the rest of you awesome people!

Below is a picture of me looking off into the distance trying to pose.

GabeD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10377 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »

Aaalright! Name's Gabe. I make things that people usually react to by saying "alright, it's like pong, but with gravity. neat." or "too much screenshake, too many colors and/or too many flashing lights".

Skills: I... I just make stuff with engines, so designer/programmer? I'm shit at art, so that's not it I guess. Let's call it
"Game Maker" (get it? GameMaker ---> Game Maker)

This is my website: http://gabed3.com/

This is how I look like in my dorm, forgive me for the glasses:

With moist love, Gabe ❤
skanaar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10378 on: August 21, 2017, 01:02:32 AM »

Hi!

My name is Daniel from Sweden.

FranCarmona
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: August 22, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »

Hi, my name is Fran Carmona, from Spain.

When I was a child, I wanted to know how Super Mario Bros 3 (my first videogame) was made. At first, I thought it would be extremely complicated to learn how to make one, and in some way, I wasn't wrong. What I didn't know at that time was it is more fascinating to make games than play them.

I'm actually playing Flinthook and recently discovered Cross Code. Also, I'm working in an 2D RPG with pixel art style using Unreal Engine 4. Probably I will post a devlog about this soon. Hope you like it!
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic