Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411470 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:15:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1949842 times)
Edwire
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10380 on: August 22, 2017, 10:46:13 PM »

Hello,

I'm Rendy from Touchten, a game developer from Indonesia. We are working on our first PC title and looking forward for feedback and guidance from community. Nice to meet you all Smiley

Thanks !
D5R
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10381 on: August 23, 2017, 12:15:39 AM »

Eyy. Call me D5R for now. Kind of a nub in terms of programming and developing games in general but that's not stopping me right now from the looks of it. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Unity is my engine of choice but I sometimes fire up Gamemaker ever since I got it from Humble Bundle. But I'm open to learning other engines as well (currently eyeing Unreal a little bit it just looks too sexy).

I'll try to be an active member of the community and will post a devblog real soon.

As a famous plumber once said: "Let's a go!"

robochase6000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: August 23, 2017, 07:59:15 PM »

robochase6000 here!  I've been a longtime lurker, but now I need some help playtesting my VR game, so I'll probably bug you folks about it in the playtesting forum Smiley

I really love all the beautiful pixel art that's posted here - it's a real inspiration!

As for myself, I've been developing games since 2008.  Professionally, I started out doing UI for console games in flash, then I moved to SF and worked on social games for 5 years in Flash, then Unity.  Meanwhile, I've always had a few pet projects in the oven during my spare time.  Most of them haven't went anywhere, but my VR game that I started last year is getting pretty close!

I love games & talking about them btw.  Awesomenauts is my most played game by far, but I'd say Ultima Online, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, Minecraft, Street Fighter, and Fez are among some of my favorites (it's unfair to rank them really).

NEED_A_JACKET
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: August 23, 2017, 08:38:06 PM »

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am a web developer by day, games developer by night.

I primarily use Unreal Engine 4, and I have been working on one project in particular for the last couple of years.

Most of my gaming experience is with PC games, generally "competitive" multiplayer games such as Counter-strike and Quake. I'm looking to create an arena based game which can be played both casually and competitively.
risen28
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10384 on: August 24, 2017, 03:13:42 AM »

I am an artist and wannabe programmer.

That's all.

Im a programmer and a wannabe artist haha Smiley , it started on Age of empires 2 , then a long list down i ran into medieval total war , which i believed was by far the best freaking strategy game of its type that could ever be made ..... Until i saw the Third age mods for it ,i then got interested in this modding "phenomenon" and backtracked on all my older games like cs to find esf , and Warband with all its mods, toribash and its physics properties amused me for 5 years. That was it for me after having done programming and graphic design most of my life , i though hell why not try apply it to something you enjoy. Gaming. Btw I am Risen, nice to meet you. Smiley

If there is no enemy with , the enemy outside can do us no harm.
RicharPK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: August 25, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »

Hi! Ricardo Cuello here. Im from Argentina.   Hand Thumbs Up Right

Studying composition academically. Working in my own compositions, orchestrations and arrangements for interactive media. Also teaching harmony, counterpoint and musical theory.

Ocassionally playing some games (if i have time) - fan of co-op local and RTS genres. And practitioner of parkour.

As someone who really like music here i put some good actual soundtracks in my opinion:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Risk of Rain
Shovel knight
Towerfall: Ascension
FTL
The Last of Us
Hyperlight Drifter

To name a few  Wink

That's all!  Beer!
Vivid Legends
Level 0

My ego knowns no bonds!

View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: August 26, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »

Howdy, Name's Nicholas Hawkins, I've been a lurker for awhile and just decided to signup.  Beer!

I'm an artist and a programmer, I've been using Gamemaker since 2009 , and I have been working on a project in particular for about 3 years, with a couple of smaller games in between.

Stay Happy, Stay health... or something like that. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
avenadulce
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: August 27, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »

Gomez hello! I am Alejandro.

I am a designer entering the world of game development.

I look forward to learning from the community and share my knowledge as well.

Have a nice day, everyone.
daredenil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: August 28, 2017, 03:44:51 AM »

Hello!

My name is Daniel Richer and I'm a game developper from Montreal, Canada. I've always been thinkering with ideas and prototypes of games I wanted to do since I was a kid, sarting my journey with the Sega Genesis.

Ever since, I constantly play and study games along with their development processes. Recently, I decided to work in the industry as I felt that it was the field I was the most passionate of. Having studied cinema in school, I used that luggage and transposed it the best I could to this new discipline. So three years ago (September 22nd) will mark the time I started working in the industry in a AAA-studio.

I snagged a job as a functionality QA tester. It was an awesome way to see this world from the inside! I saw various games (from the publisher's banner) being tested by different groups of colleagues that would generously talk about the projects they were working on. I learned a lot there about all the intricate parts of game making. Then, the creative within got really bored. I started looking for something more fullfilling creatively speaking.

My love for sound design and music has bloomed for the duration of my post-high school studying years. Having always been a huge passionate for music and sounds in general, it wasn't until I actually got to work as an intern in film audio post-production that I had realized that I wanted to become a sound designer. So it was only natural to take what I loved the most about film and apply it to video games! I started flexing my job openings spotting skills. Looking for a job in a specific field is really tricky. I applied on jobs from other studios without much success (or even responses at all). Then opportunity showed up. A position as a Development Tester had opened up at the studio I was already working at.. Next thing I know, I was now working within the internal team on the studio's new baby. So I began to see the insides of a AAA production from a developer's perspective. While a lot of it is great, I still felt something missing.

For a bit more than a year, I kept on pushing to learn more and more until, again, I felt things slowing down (again!?). Since I was working with the sound designers and that most of them were aware of my passion for that side of things, they decided to let me use some of their tools to be able to report sound-related issues with more details. That was a blast and solidified my gut feelings that this was the next step I would aim for.

It didn't take too long until they opened up a junior seat and next thing I know, BAM I was filling it! Ever since I became a sound designer, I love what I do. That said, I did have a hard time setting in as the pacing was completely different from what I was used to in a tester seat. Plus, a couple of months before getting the position, my amazing wife Catherine gave birth to our daughter, Emma. That day, I became the world's proudest father. So it was a lot going on both at home and at work. Finding a relative balance between these two worlds was tough, but I know that I will always be a family man first and foremost. Good thing this hasn't clashed with the studio's mentality.

Now that I'm more and more getting used to my dad and sound designer roles, I still feel a thirst for something more. I've always been amazed by indie developers and how they can achieve passion projects from start to finish (or not!). So that's where I stand and what has brought me here. I am  exploring the depths of this indie culture!

So that's where I'm coming from and where I'm heading!

PacoChan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: August 28, 2017, 07:16:07 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Miguel, I'm from Spain and I love videogames since I was a child.

I like to do a lot of stuff, like coding, 3d graphics, shaders, even music sometimes. It's very entertaining for me to alternate between these things.

I've been working for a small company as a programmer and technical artist for more than 3 years and at the same time I like to do some small personal projects on my own.

I always try to learn new things and improve my skills. There's a lot of very talented people out there and I'd like to be at least half as talented as them. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some things here and teach something to others aswell.

So this is my small introduction. Have a nice day everyone!
weaklight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: August 28, 2017, 11:30:04 PM »

Not sure if this is obligatory. So I want to make games, draw more and also try and learn how to write, so games are kind of an excuse to push myself to that. Right now I'll be making an extremely short, NSFW VN to start out. After that maybe something similar again, VN or P&C. The goal is to put out art with these first and try to make some money (not just NSFW). Then later I have another project that is somewhat advanced in design, but that's on hiatus for now. No website yet.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10391 on: August 29, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »

Hello all the new  Tiger s!

I see a lot of manbabies.. please post about your games in Devlogs https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=27.0 -- it will inspire you to keep committing!

Zanktus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10392 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:42 PM »

Aloha!

I'm Zanktus and a german senior web developer with high interest in game development (but not a professional at all). I'd like to discuss and discover new stuff, so yea... here I am. Nice to meet you.

Krejtcha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10393 on: August 31, 2017, 03:15:59 AM »

Hello,

My name is Krejtcha and I'm an independent game developer.

I've just started doing this and so far I'm focusing only on android games. I plan to expand to other platforms in the future, but first I need to feel that what I'm doing makes sense.
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: August 31, 2017, 04:09:45 AM »

Hello,

My name is Krejtcha and I'm an independent game developer.

I've just started doing this and so far I'm focusing only on android games. I plan to expand to other platforms in the future, but first I need to feel that what I'm doing makes sense.

Android is a nice platform

Devlog<br /><br />[/
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10395 on: September 01, 2017, 05:21:20 AM »

Hello people, my name is Eyal.
Im 26 years old from israel. The type of games i find the most interesting is turn based games, mainly abstract strategy games like chess but allso i played some card games like duelyst. In general, I like games which use limited mechanics to create complex and interesting gameplay. I allso play the guitar, its relaxing.
Im an amateure coder, mostly learnd javascript from the internet and node js to make my own site (I would be happy to post a link here but im still not sure if its considered spamm), lately I started messing around with unity engine (using C#) making cubes push each other around is so funny.
I love to share my creations with others and see what other people are working on.
Captain Boomcake
Level 0

Captain Boomcake

View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: September 03, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »

Hi,

my name is Oscar Dove, I currently work full time as a video editor and artist, I work on my own project outside of that, but I am looking to put more time into my game 'Gravioli' if my upcoming crowdfunder works out!
games that interest me the most are things such as ori and the blind forest, planetside 2, and terraria, all of which I seriously admire both artistically and scope wise. I was raised on a diet of NES, PS2 and Wii, but now I am one of the good guys of the so called 'pc master race' which is a load of crap to be honest, but the customisation is why I prefer it.

Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right Toast Left Toast Right

I am a small time dev, working as much as possible outside of work and I appreciate how long things will take so anyone looking to talk or work with me on this would be welcome, of course that is unrealistic at this point though as I have not shared any details of the game so HERE GOES,

Gravioli is a space/cooking platformer, where you play the role of Paolo a professional space chef, who must make dishes for the crew in zero G, with nothing but the resources he collects throughout the game and the jetpack and grav boots he has equipped, the ship is absolutely huge (I will share pictures soon but TRUST ME) and currently the functionality of the game lies at, running and jumping+animation, world1+features, spaceship back entrance, and 1 other NPC, oh and jetpack works to some degree, but I see the scope making it about a 2 year projects from when I started which was a month ago. This is optimistic for just me, considering the ship stops on multiple planets too, I will definitely take people on if the crowdfunder is successful.
isthisvalid
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: September 03, 2017, 02:53:58 PM »

Hi, I'm a programmer and enjoy game development as a hobby. I'm interested in learning more and discovering new things here
kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #10398 on: September 03, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »

Hello! My names Jonathan. I'm a computer science major at Texas Tech who like most of the people here loves video games.

I've been playing them forever (shocker), my first real game being Warcraft III. I used to LOVE the custom games, and I tried to dabble at creating maps but I was always unskilled/too lazy/I had always heard that the only people who did that sort of stuff were really talented.

FOR THE HORDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That all changed when the fire nation attacked.

I changed my major to computer science from mechanical engineering, deciding to try again at making video games as a new hobby to meet some like minded programmers. I really love computer science, even though I have a tough time finishing anything. I'm getting better at not being lazy and pushing through to completing projects through game jams. They combine the best parts of programming for me, meeting and collaborating with fun interesting people and actually finishing a game. I recently organized a team and competed in the GMTK Game Jam. We didn't place like the nearly thousand people who entered but it was so much fun and epic experience. Actually working and finishing a game really teaches you something (go figure).

Since I cant find a link to the GMTK logo....this very play out joke will have to do.

The collaborating has always been my favorite part of anything, I love talking to people, learning more about them, and working with them. I realize I may of picked slightly wrong after a few classes, most people in my major and in computer science seem to like the lone wolf fantasy, being the guy who built it all on the sweat of his brow bla bla bla. But there are always those golden wolfs that come along that love to work in team and work well with others, I look forward to and cherish those people and moments.

Or really just people who work well together, just taking individuals skilled at their craft and throwing them into a melting pot doesn't always get you a tasty soup...

I want to compete in some more jams and really learn computer science and programming. Most of all start completing some projects. Hopefully learning enough to one day to open my own studio. First the basics, learning to work in Unity and C++ and finishing my computer science degree. The work I see here on the devlog part of the forum is really inspiring.

Just picked up Visual Studio for class and life, its very...different.

I've been lurking for a while on it and seeing all the fantastic work has really been motivating me. When I have more time between my studies, I'm starting a new project based on Greek Mythology (one of my great loves). In my mind its a top down dungeon crawler but I'm not really dwelling too much on it, I know I need to build what I can and what I love so I'm really just focusing on that not creating my magnus opus.
xvadim09
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: September 05, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »

Hello!
My name is Vadim.
I am iOS developer. As hobby I develop small games for Android.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic