Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 08:01:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1908202 times)
uVR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10400 on: September 09, 2017, 06:17:04 PM »

Hello!
We're uVR, a small VR development team that's moving it's talents from the 2D and 3D worlds to the virtual realm.

We have backgrounds in programming and computer graphics and are excited to be on the frontier of such a new and immersive technology.  We look forward to learning some cool new tricks and sharing our experiences with the community.
Ratstail91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: September 10, 2017, 02:08:32 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kayne Ruse. I've been an amateur developer for over 10 years (since I was a kid). I'm now 26, and hoping to build a career on the back of my TCG (posted elsewhere). I apparently signed up for TigSource a while ago, but I'm only now really looking for feedback from here; my bad.

Anyway, I will contribute in my spare time, and I'll mirror my posts from elsewhere to keep followers here up to date. I'm doing everything business related myself, so hopefully I'll be able to respond.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a decent icon for tigsource? I want to add it as one of my social media links, but I can't find a usable icon that goes with the others: krgamestudios.com
ChristopherEscalante
Level 0

Music Composer | Voice Actor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10402 on: September 10, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm a 28 year old music composer and voice actor in Salt Lake City, UT! I studied music composition and commercial music at Utah Valley University, through which I had a 2-day internship with Hans Zimmer, which is easily one of the top moments of my life!

I've been involved with music since I was 5 years old, but I first got into writing music through my love for the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu. I was definitely influenced by that early in my writing, but my writing has definitely changed to fit many different genres and styles. I started trying to write for media about 8 years ago, and it has been a fun adventure since! As for voice over, that just happened by accident through favors with friends, then turning into many game roles on Steam and mobile games!

I now have a home recording studio which I produce all of my work from, and live about half a mile away from a professional recording studio so I can work with live musicians as well. If you want to hear samples of my work, you can on my website here!
https://www.christopherescalante.com/

Nice to meet you all! :D

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: September 11, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »

Hi there TigSource,

I might as well introduce myself, now that I've been lurking and browing the forums for a while. I'm a 48 year old danish guy, doing programming as a living and doing game coding in my spare time. A one man Indie-army, you could say Cheesy

I've been making games for many years - Always small projects and most of the time without finishing them. This has mainly been due to the fact, that once I've overcome all the coding challenges for my game ideas, the interest is lost.

But THIS time will be different!! Hahaaaa! Well... I hope  Wink - Up until now, I've always been coding in my private little universe, telling no one about it and without making a fuzz over it. This way I could put the project in the drwaer once I got bored with it. But this time, I've tried another approach. I'm telling everyone about it. Anyone who wants to listen, will hear that I'm in the proces of making a 2D platformer in JavaFX 8, and by telling everyone, maybe I'll actually finish it, this time  Smiley

That's all for me, for now. I will create a dev-blog on this forum as well, so join me there to see the progress.

spop11
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10404 on: September 11, 2017, 05:37:08 PM »

Hi. Like others I'm in the process of learning game development, in my case after years of coding test automation. My engine of choice is Godot which so far I've been enjoying a lot more than my limited experience with Unity. I really like playing 2D & turn-based stuff so that's my creative focus as well.

SbargiSoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10405 on: September 12, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »

Hello!
I'm Vittorio, I published the free demo of my ecchi visual novel on itch.io. I always drew comics, this is my first time making a game, and I'm very happy about it!
A Kickstarter will begin later this month.
Thank you!
NSFW image
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:08:20 AM by ProgramGamer » Logged
EuthimisK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:20 PM »

Hello!

I am an 19 and I am trying to be a programmer/developer for games. I am from greece and I am making my first game! It is a game which makes you question your existance and purpuse on life (or better known as a "clicker"   Waaagh!)
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10407 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:43 PM »

Make the clickiest clicker possible, friend!
lowinzloGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: September 12, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »

hey tig I am a lowinzoGame a game developer working on my game Lowinzlo Game and I like to make games.

You can follow me on tumbler https://lowinzlogame.tumblr.com/

May the sleep gods grant us peace of mind, for game development is a taxing venture.
joevor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10409 on: September 13, 2017, 05:45:50 AM »

Hi there Grin
My name is Josef and I'm working at Chasing Carrots. We're based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Recently released our latest game called Pressure Overdrive and right now we're working on a new game called Good Company, but more on that in our upcoming DevLogs.
A bit more about me: I like a good whisky, I kind of collect headphones and I'm into FPS games, but I love games in general (like everyone here).
Looking forward to seeing great projects, giving and getting feedback and hopefully get to know lots of you Smiley
SmashingSuccess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10410 on: September 13, 2017, 04:31:14 PM »

I'm Steffen Simmons, an aspiring indie game developer/designer/writer/animator. I am self-taught, but I see game design a lot like blacksmithing or sketching, in that you only get as good as much you practice. I've been working on games for about 4 years now, and its fair to say I'm hooked. Well, hooked is probably an understatement, but you get the idea.

I'm a seasoned anime junkie, like most of the other filthy nerds on this site (I can say it because I'm one too  Wink )

Favorite Game of All Time: Knights of The Old Republic
As a kid, I loved this game to death. To this day, after maybe a dozen completed runs, I still haven't seen and done everything there is in it. It revolutionized western RPGs and single-handedly birthed Bioware.

Best Game of All Time: Dark Souls 3
First of all, let me explain myself. When I say that Dark Souls 3 is the best game, and Knights of The Old Republic is my favorite, its for very distinct reasons.

When I say Favorite, that means the thing that I enjoy the most. When I say Best, that means the thing that I believe is of the highest quality. Incessant rambling aside, Dark Souls 3 was one of the only games to make me cry, and the only game that could make me truly feel like I was in the world of Dark Souls. Dark Souls 1's graphics limitations held it back, but without those, areas like The Smoldering Lake are truly beautiful.

If you wanna talk or chat or argue about games or game design or mechanics or how The End of Evangelion is the best thing to ever exist, hit me up.

Ayramen_Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10411 on: September 14, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »

Hi! I am Daniel, PR from Ayramen Studio.

We are a small indie indie team (5 people) located in the south of Spain. We are working on Voodoo, our first project. It is a graphic adventure with 2D animation and handcrafted illustrations. We love games like Machinarium and Limbo so we take some influences from them to create something new. Our adventure is intimate and atmospheric, you won't need any text and puzles can be solved using objects of the scenary (but without inventory).

We will start a devlog on this forum very soon! Stay tuned!  Coffee

https://ayramenstudio.com/voodoo/

Acius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: September 14, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »

I am Acius, which is a handle I've been using since ... let's see, 1991, when someone introduced me to the demoscene and explained that you're supposed to use a handle (this was pre-www, kids). I first got excited about games when the original NES came out, and then wasted my youth making games that no one ever saw, let alone played. Sadly, due to my poor backup habits, most of my old games were lost to hard drive failures. I did get precisely one of them back because I gave a friend a copy and and then he gave it back to me many years later. It still works, given the right DOSBox settings.

I worked as a professional game developer for about 9 months, and am credited on two games no one has ever heard of (Outpost Kaloki and Piano Wizard). I joined a startup which later was sold to Autodesk, and now I work there, making CAD software. It's sort of like games except less crunch, less storyline, and slightly more math. I still putter away with games in the my free time, and have been trying to get something all the way up to playable again.

Maybe some day I'll post a picture or a devlog. For now, I'm just trying to get the hang of actually telling other people that I'm working on something.
pLaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10413 on: September 14, 2017, 11:54:15 PM »

(I totally missed there was an introduce-yourself-thread, so I guess I have to catch up Shrug)

I'm Paul and I'm a game designer and programmer. After highschool I accidently became an engineer and software dev in an attempt to learn programming to make my own games (I already felt quite confident in the art department). A few software dev jobs later I decided to quit my daytime job to become a self employed game developer. A period of game jamming and contract jobs followed. I struggled to squeeze in my own projects and eventually had to cancel each one of them. Three years later, I joined Chasing Carrots, a small game studio in Stuttgart, Germany. They are a buch of great people and I'm very happy with my decision.

Some personal traits:
  • default mood: grumpy but enthusiastic
  • favourite noise: the rattling of mechanical keyboards
  • words I fail to avoid in every game design discussion: "Dark Souls", "progression", and "psychology"
  • greatest weakness: hot black coffee
Coffee

PanopticPixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Randi. My handle is Pie. I originally got into gaming from zelda,mario and dwarf fortress. I now collect the older consoles and games pretty religiously now. I used to make some really bad mods/pixel art for games when I was 11 and sadly some still exist online today(No I'm not posting them, they're embarrassing). I've taken some courses in college for video game design and development. Objective C with Swift for IOS development, Java for android development, C languages, Html. I worked for Enclave North for three years as lead pixel artist before switching over to freelance work. I enjoy unity with C# and in my spare time fix Oxide plugins that people say aren't working properly(It helps me not get rusty while working in one language) I'll probably be doing this till I'm 90 or my fingers fall off. Nice to meet you all :D
walaber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10415 on: September 15, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »

Hi everyone, Walaber here.  I've been making games since high school (I'm now 37 years old!), I made a lot of freeware games back in the day, the most popular ones were "JellyCar" and "Walaber's Gymnast" and "Walaber's Trampoline".  I haven't made much in a while because of career and what not, but I'm back now working on my first indie commercial release, tentatively titled "One More Flip".  Glad to finally be joining this forum!  I'm also pretty active on twitter where my handle is also @walaber.

Indie developer, especially interested in physics of the human body, currently working on untitled gymnastics/acrobatics game.
17fthigh
TIGBaby

chillin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10416 on: September 16, 2017, 06:40:17 AM »

Hey!

Since I joined this forum I thought that it just would be polite to introduce myself before I'm on my way to discover everything you're providing!

So, if I'm going to introduce myself, I probably should say couple more things about myself than just one sentence.

Known as 17fthigh.

My name is Chris and I just turned 20 years old. I left school when I was 14 years old and learned english on my own, latvian is my native language so I apologize if I'm making some mistakes. After I left school I learned everything about graphic design on my own by giving libraries and internet tutorials a visit and I think that this way it's easier to learn everything since you don't have to deal with things that doesn't seem interesting to you. Oh, forgot to mention that I'm from Latvia but you could already think of that when I mentioned my native language. So yeah, in my free time I also read books and do some boxing, been doing that since I was very young.

About video games? Nah, I quit playing them quicker than I stopped smoking since I got more interested in finding ways how to earn money in internet. So one day ago 14.09.2017 I decided to create my own YOUTUBE channel and see where it goes. Even if it fails and I will not succeed, I'll grow because I tried, so it would be shame not to give it a try.

I'm not able to tell anything more because I'm high as fuck and this laptop screen makes me feel a bit bad, but I hope that it's enough!

I hope that I'll get to know you all, if not all then atleast some!

xx,
Chris.

Graphic designer and owner of YT channel.
Kyatt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10417 on: September 17, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »

I'm Kyatt. I used to make games in ZZT back in the day. A decade later, I made some games in Flixel, and then jumped over to HaxeFlixel once Flash... well, you know...

I've been developing games in the Western NY area for a few years now, and have taken part in numerous jams, the results of which can be seen on my itch.io page in the signature below. I love 2D platformers, and have been wanting to create some of my own, but now that I have, I want to expand my horizons to other genres.

Fist's Elimination Tower, available now on Steam and itch.io - LOOK OUT FOR FISTS!
Kyleflores
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: September 18, 2017, 01:14:31 AM »

Hello All,

My name is Kyle Flores. I am a Web and Android Developer, Project Manager and currently using one of the latest free project management tools i.e. FindNerd Project Management Tool. Earlier, I used Asana and Proofhub. And apart from this I love to click photographs of nature, A Traveller, Love to make friends :D  Please Introduce yourself as well in  revert section.

Thanks
Kyle
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:42:57 AM by b∀ kkusa » Logged
DisktraDev
TIGBaby

GameDev and stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10419 on: September 19, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »

Well, guess it's my turn now Wink

My name is Disktra, and it's the very first time I get seriously (at least I hope :p ) into the game dev community. Why I say seriously ? One thing at a time buddy. Let me talk a little about myself.

I'm French, 22 yo and living in Strasbourg for about 4 years now, especially the technical aspects. I'm studying game development here and I've never touched at programming or other stuff related to game dev before. When I think I could do this earlier... But at least I know a bit more today !

My very first video game was Super Mario Land on the GameBoy, but I did't play very much because 1) the GameBoy was at my cousin and 2) me and my sister were *fighting* to play  Shrug . The first game that makes me love video games was Rayman 2 on PlayStation. Btw it's also my first owned game console.

I played especially on PlayStation, PS2 and PC during my childhood and I got the Wii when I turned 12 (or 13 I guess). The nanny's son got a SNES which I could play on much great games such as Super Metroid, Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Super Castlevania IV. I think the game that really makes me really want to make video games was Super Mario Galaxy. What a great time... More recently (well, 5 years ago) I've discovered Cave Story but haven't finished yet, I cannot beat the final boss x) and Minecraft gets me during a long time.

Outside video games I love Japan related stuff such as music and culture (and video games of course). I'm still learning Japanese and I have so much more to learn, and one day I'll go there.
Did you remember when I said that I get seriously into the game dev community ? I'm studying since 4 years by now and I need to confess... I've never make a game of my life. Or at least not an original and complete one !

The reason why is I ask myself too much questions such as "How can I do that ?" or "It's possible to do this with that ?" and many others that makes me more discourage myself than motivate. And when I see what people of my age can do... But now it's time for me to make great stuff for real. I don't go on any forums pretty frequently but I'll try to get the maximum of infos I can get and one day, I could say "I'm a Game Developper" !

Here some games that defines me, but without order of importance:
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • DOOM (1993 and 2016) and DOOM 3
  • Quake and Quake 2
  • Half-Life
  • Portal saga
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
  • Shadow of the Colossus (Not finished yet. What I'm waiting for ?!)
  • Contra 3

For finishing with a little fun fact, my nickname "Disktra" comes from Edsger W. Dijkstra, who created an algorithm used in pathfinding ^^

I've made a long presentation but I wanted to make a good one. See you next time Wink

23 yo • French/フランス人/Fransman • Japan Pop-culture • Video Games. Also learning: English • 日本語 • Svenska • Drawing • GameDev.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic