Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:11:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952410 times)
polkapanda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: October 02, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »

Howdy everyone I'm Robert.
   Most of my early memories of gaming came from playing the original xbox and n64 with my little brother. We would play Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Party, or MechAssualt and get mad at each other. Another thing we would do was jump up and down a lot when we got excited, which turned out to be enough to make us pretty sweaty. A little later we saved up enough to buy a Gameboy Advanced and Pokemon Gold. Since we only had one we took turns playing the game, and even got along enough to not mess with each other's Pokemon.
   More recently I have been playing rouge-likes and other similar games. Being able to sit down for a little and have an essentially complete experience is super nice to me. Because of this one my most "recent" favorites is Devil Daggers because a run lasting more than a few minutes is a nice accomplishment. I also enjoy fighting games with my game of choice being Guilty Gear Xrd.
   While growing up making games was kind of always in the back of my mind. I didn't really know how to do it, but somewhere along the lines I decided to learn c++ and write one. This backfired pretty poorly, but I did learn how to make some pretty complex (i.e. unreadable) if-else statements for a sweet choose your own adventure computer book. After Highschool I decided to get my bachelors in computer science, because I still thought the best way to make games would be through applying a rigorous knowledge of c++. During this time games kind of took a place on the back-burner while I worked through some problems that I discovered during school.
   Currently I am graduated from school and work in a restaurant in the "day" and program by "night". Unfortunately I still hold my naive belief that the best way for me to write a game is with c++
SC
Level 0

bideo bames

View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: October 06, 2017, 05:16:10 PM »

Hi, uh. I'm SC. I like video games and indie games and whatnot. I mostly signed up just to follow some of the cool games I've seen on here.

I tried to make a game once (and start a team of developers), but that uh... didn't go so well. Maybe one day, though....

But yeah, hi!
RisingLane
« Reply #10442 on: October 08, 2017, 10:54:27 AM »

Hi!

I'm Ahmet Koctar, the founder of RisingLane and the Director, Writer, and Designer of Aleron's Lie! Smiley
Nowy
TIGBaby

ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10443 on: October 09, 2017, 01:29:21 AM »

Hi, im Nowy. I like videogames (and indiegames more Smiley). Years ago, I played a lot of shareware games and I loved them. Time later, I am very interested in developing games, mechanics and stories, I did some small games like oz game and pixfrogger. Right now it's not my job, but it's my main hobby. I mainly program although I often do everything. I returned to development a few months ago using Gemix studio and Processing (all in 2d). I am Spanish and I am sorry for my English. I see a lot of talent around here. I hope to be able to show you some samples of the projects in which I work. Greetings.   

machina
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10444 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:21 PM »

Hi everybody, I’m Justin and I started playing games back in the DOS days. I’m a huge fan of strategy, simulation, and puzzle games, but I play a lot of other stuff too.

I got my start in the game industry working in QA at Blizzard. I eventually landed a Technical Design job on the Starcraft team and worked on Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty and Heroes of the Storm. After 9 amazing years at Blizzard, I decided to move on and try my hand at indie development.

I teamed up with a friend who I had been carpooling with, plus another friend of hers that she knew from working at Riot in the early days, and we set out to make a tower defense game called Defend the Cake. We’ve been working on this self-funded project for a little over 2.5 years, we’ve made it into Early Access on Steam and we are currently working hard towards launch!
ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10445 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:56 AM »

Heyyy ~~

My name is André but mostly know me as ardydo. I'm a Brazilian black indie dev and open software lover who is making games mostly for passion. I've always been playing games but just started developing a couple or some years ago. I made a character called Octopedro and it has been my duty to spread it around the world (I may or may not been able to convince people to put it in two games already!)

I do work mostly by myself but if someone is willing to pay me for something I'm all for it Smiley.

I'll try working in a simple game that I intend on selling so I thought why not make myself a nice thread over at TiG? So here I am! :D

I'm also bad at introductions!

BusinessDogStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10446 on: October 14, 2017, 12:38:03 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Adam, I'm a software developer (and former professional poker player) who loves games, puzzles, science, and generally just nerdy things in general, if my picture didn't give that away. It's been my dream to make games since I was a kid (it's the main reason I learned computer programming to begin with), and after about five years of dabbling with Unity I'm finally close to releasing my first game, a virtual reality archery game called Rain of Arrows. It started out as what was supposed to be a small VR learning project that I expected to take one or two months, and now 16 months later there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. I've learned an absolute ton about game development while making it (primarily that everything takes way longer than I expect it to), so however it does after release, I'll consider it a victory just for having completed a game and gained so much knowledge. I'm hoping to get a proper DevLog going this weekend to go more into the development process and some of the things I've learned along the way. Looking forward to getting involved in this community!

Rain of Arrows - A virtual reality archery game!
http://businessdogstudio.com
https://twitter.com/BusinessDogStud
kaufmanmoon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: October 14, 2017, 07:11:22 AM »

Afternoon.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I only ask you go easy on me.
First home computer was the BBC Micro, and I had an unhealthy obsession with my Spectrum, Amiga A500 back when Boots sold games.
I currently own a PS4.
I'm a musician who started working in games a few years back and somehow have been hired to create sounds for apps by Channel 4 and most recent scoring a Games Workshop title.
I'm currently part of the BATFA games crew in the UK and was told about this forum, in that it's a very cool place to discuss all aspects of game development.
I'm going to go and have a nose here and on the discord page.
Cheers
Matt
Revel Notion
TIGBaby

Zalgran'deleven Representative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10448 on: October 14, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm a Unity centered programmer who primarily develops mobile games. C# is my go-to language, and I've been learning it through trial and error for the past three years. I also enjoy creating music through programs like MilkyTracker and Ableton Live. I do my own art as well. It's a toss up of pixel and hand drawn work. Over the course of time, I've learned how to combine all three talents to create a game called ZegnaRun.

I've published a couple apps on Google Play: ZegnaRun Version 0.5 and Version 1.0, which are essential two different iterations of a play style I've been experimenting with. My intention is to build upon these installments to create a series and form a strong brand. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, I'm always willing to follow through to improve my work. I love to connect with like and unlike minded people.
TheCrowStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »

Hello, my name is Eissa, im currently solo workign on my first pixel art platformer with elements of pvp "Chamber of Darkness"

https://www.facebook.com/ChamberOfDarknessGame
SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: October 16, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

Hey everyone! Todd here, hope you all are well. I’m happy to say that I’ve been brought on as Community Manager for some more indie game developer! Including M4, AK Arts, LAI Global Game Services, ICEX, RECOTechnology, Hiker Games, and Veewo Games.

There’s a lot to talk about in regards to games coming up, and I hope to share news with on them very soon!

I’ll still be chatting you up in the forums, and I look forward to continuing our conversations!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:05:55 PM by b∀ kkusa » Logged
sye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

Hi, I'm Sye, a board game designer with two published games so far. I plan on trying to make some mobile games when I can afford the license for GameMaker Studio 2 :-D

Board game details here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/84930/sye-robertson

Cheers
DistantPixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10452 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »

Hey, how's it goin everyone? My name is DistantPixel and I'm an indie game dev/artist. I've been designing games since I was about 12 (almost 22 now) and since then I've managed to release 2 games. Both titles have been under different names however and for personal reasons I'd like them to remain unknown for now. I plan to make this my new and hopefully permanent account, and really start getting involved in the community. I love working with pixels, and my favorite genre of games to make are platformers. I'm currently working on an untitled precision platformer inspired by games like I wanna be the guy and Super Meat Boy. I'll try and post updates and such on that via Twitter: https://twitter.com/Distant_Pixel. And that's it for now I guess, hope to see you guys around on the forums. Smiley
Dedemon
« Reply #10453 on: October 20, 2017, 10:02:35 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Rémi. I am a french developer. I studied Game Programming at Isart Digital (Paris, France).
I work mostly in Unity with C# language. I am currently working on a mobile game for myself.
My dream is to have my own studio but not for now because I have to learn more about game industries.
I have a portfolio if you want to see some projects I have participated. Link: https://remicarreira.wordpress.com
Lowbit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10454 on: October 21, 2017, 03:10:17 AM »

I'm Justin.

I like carb-heavy foods when I'm hungry. All food tastes better if you've missed a meal, but pasta knows how to say, "I love you," better than any other food group. It's like giving your stomach a hug.

Of course it's sugary foods that must be consumed during the Witching Hour. There's nothing better than sticking a lit firecracker into a sleepy brain. Little bits of your circadian rhythm all over the room.

Beer is delicious and water is refreshing, but watered-down beer is a sin.

I'm a designer and pixel artist. I enjoy games with castles on the horizon.

MrKyurem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10455 on: October 21, 2017, 05:18:50 AM »

Hi, I'm MrKyurem, and I'm notably awful at introductions.

Very notably awful.

I'm a decently big fan of the Pokemon series, as my username should make you aware of (bet you'll never guess what my favourite pokemon is), and I'm also the co-director of LM Team, doing most of the design work and keeping tabs on what progress is done and such.

(surprise, it's sableye)
Rhinctus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: October 21, 2017, 09:30:55 PM »

Hey! My name is Oscar and i've been signed up here since late 2015, but I haven't actually posted anything. I am 18 years old and at the arse end of high school. I love making music, listening to music, drawing, VFX, animation, making games, and playing games.

I got into games when I was a baby watching my dad play on the computer. The earliest game I remember him playing was the first Call of Duty, the first games I played were Madeline's European Adventures and Clifford the Big Red Dog: Musical Memory Gamesboth on a Windows PC. Then, the first game I picked from a store was Myst: Masterpiece Edition. Can't exactly say I played that one much as it mostly involved me running around the island like a mad man clicking buttons not knowing what to do. I still remember, however, how impressed I was when I was able to unlock the big tree's secret and access the Channelwood age. That game, and its sequels, have influenced heaps of what I do now.

The next huge game for me would be Alien Hominid on the PS2, which also introduced me to Newgrounds. This would be around 2005-2006, and I would always be renting it out from the video store to try and pass the first level.

I was always really interested in making games, and I had been sketching things on paper to do with them since ~2007. In 2009 I didn't know about the hype train around Spore and as a result loved every second of it and its expansions. There are heaps more games I could go on and on about but I don't want to make this post too long!

The year after I started to look into making games. The ideas and sketches continued, but up until now I still haven't made anything in full. I want to change that, and I also want to get more confident in talking on forums and to people over the internet in general, I have always been too nervous to say anything in the past, and I think it's about time to put that behind me.

The TIGForums have always been really cool to lurk on and check out peoples stuff, so i'm looking forward to posting my own and joining in with the community here.
iamoneabe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10457 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:44 AM »

I'm Aron

I'm from Finland - Google it. I'm a web developer/programmer by profession - that's what pays the bills. But I've always had a dream of one day making music for games and being recognized as such. So far I have nothing but a random track my friend wanted to use in a game demo, which is sweet, of course - don't get me wrong Smiley But more is better, you know. So, at the moment I'm trying to get into game design and Unity and UE and Blender and stuff. Anything to hear my music in games Smiley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:24:27 AM by McAroney » Logged

Sea Jay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10458 on: October 22, 2017, 05:17:46 AM »

Hi There!

Sea Jay's the name, and games are my... uh... game.

I've been doodling and programming games for many years now, and I've been playing them even longer. Though I forget precisely where I started, I believe that this medium is a wonderful thing, and I'm very happy to be a part of it all.

I found out about this forum shortly after watching 'Indie Game: The Movie' for the first time. I'd always meant to pay a visit here and sign up, but it always got shoved down my list of priorities... until now. I've never really participated in a forum community before, so this should be quite the adventure!

I'm very much looking forward to interacting with you all. Take care!
kidori
TIGBaby

Brett

View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: October 23, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

Hi there. Gentleman My name's Brett. Back in 2011 I was a forum member, but I took a break from game development in the years since. I've been dabbling with it again, so I thought I'd sign up again. It's been fun seeing familiar avatars and handles while browsing around again. I'm looking forward to seeing all the awesome stuff folks have been up to.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic