Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:17:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944324 times)
Fulby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10460 on: October 23, 2017, 11:03:25 AM »

Hi I'm Fulby,

I'm only working on games in my spare time, IRL I'm the Senior Architect at a finance company in London. I've programmed since I was a kid (I remember being confused by the concept of arrays while learning BASIC on an Acorn Electron) but the early days of VR gave me the incentive to make a full commercial game. I released a VR game last year (plus another app which was a collection of scary situations) and I'm working on another, though it may become "monitor or VR" due to the much larger monitor gaming market.

KPas
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: October 28, 2017, 01:34:59 AM »

I'm an indie game developer -- Programmer mostly.
Programming games is a passion to me.
My starter gear was the C64: Gruds in Space, Elite, M.U.L.E. ...
I'm from Germany. So if you discover funny stuff in my postings, it is probably unintended.

pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: October 29, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »

Re-registered because account weirdness >_<

Hi everyone. My name's Danijel, I'm from Slovenia and I make gaemz. A failed devlog from a past life

See y'all around  Gomez
mgIT
« Reply #10463 on: October 29, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »

Uhmm... hey there!
You can call me Matt. I'm an aspiring italian game designer, and I love the world of computers, music and other stuff.

... and I have many problems about that. Anything to show, but in the past I was in a couple of little projects with some friends. Now I am sadly alone but I wanted to make something different, a game a bit more complex just on my own. I narrowed my scope the best I could, but I have another problem. I'm not so motivated on that even if I wish to complete a game and maybe make games for a living as a full time job (dreams are the best, right?)... but time is not my friend, too many errands (especially university, dammit).

... but I think I talked too much about nonsense for ya. Hope I didn't bore you too much. Thanks anyways, I hope I will enjoy my stay here in this community!

PS: my English could be bad sometimes, apologies in advance..  Embarrassed
armanRedEssence
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: October 29, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »

Hello All,  my name is Arman and I'm a game dev based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the US. I studied computer science at Drexel University and created a studio and began developing video games when my corporate career took a bad turn. Now I'm working on a 2D hand painted action / RPG called Mask of Semblance that is very much inspired by games like The Legend of Zelda and Bastion. I wanted to get in touch with this community to learn more about the industry and bring my exciting project to more people across the world. Our Facebook page is linked below, come check us out!
https://www.facebook.com/MaskOfSemblance/

WeMakeGams
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: October 30, 2017, 11:21:22 PM »

Hello! My name is Jimmy.

Currently, I'm a solo game dev working towards self-employment. I'm working on a game that I've sunk an entire year into and I am hoping to bring the idea to the public and see what everyone thinks. This post, however, is about me and not the game. I'll put a link here when that thread is created.

Here's a photo of me in the morning.

I'm a huge LoZ fan. I love puzzles, swordplay, and the medieval hero trope so Legend of Zelda just hits home for me. I've known that game design would be my career since I first played Ocarina of Time and have done my best to work towards that every day. Sadly, college wasn't much of an option for me, so I am completely self-taught.
SEEDY
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10466 on: October 31, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »

Hi all. I am a gamer of more than 35 years plus I make PC games. I also make websites for a living which is my main day to day job. I have released a few games over the past few years but my main game is Linx Battle Arena which is in early access on Steam right now.

LINX BATTLE ARENA - Fast Paced third Person Shooter in EA On Steam right now!
weggel
Level 0

woop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10467 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »

Hey! i'm juan! i'm a programmer but i do some art too. i've been making small prototypes since i was 15 (almost 22 now)
I'm currently working on an Procedural action platformer called Hellish Inc., which hopefully will be my first published game

You can find me at my twitter: https://twitter.com/weggo_.

---
orzlab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10468 on: November 01, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »

Hello! I make games with Orz Laboratory. You can just call me Orz.

Video games have been my passion since I was little. My parents always assumed I would 'grow out of them,' but I guess I never did.  Shrug

I have been haunting TIGSource forums for nearly three million years now, but I figured I should start being social? Or something? I don't know?
TingThing
Level 0

TingThing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10469 on: November 02, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

Hi everyone! I go by TingThing.

Growing up, my favorite part about any game was always the level editor. I loved it! I took up Game Maker since high school and I've been enjoying it ever since.

I'm glad to be a part of this community!  Wink

TingThing, developer of Platform Builder, a toolkit which lets you create your own Platformer Games.
substract
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10470 on: November 03, 2017, 05:22:49 AM »

Hi, i'm substract

When I was small and saw videogames in commercials for the first time ( I think), I was hooked.
My favourite kind of games are classic first person shooters. The thing I love most about games like quake, unreal and half-life is the great atmosphere.
I started making maps for Unreal Tournament when I was 14 or 15 years old.

I'm developing a classic singleplayer FPS in unreal engine 4 atm  Smiley

Beirud
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: November 04, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »

Hello! My name is Arturo aka Beirud and I'm from Mexico.
I'm 27 years old and I'm introducing myself to the world of Game Developement, I'm a graphic design focused on 3D art and character design and I want to give life to my models in a fun and exciting way.

I hope to meet a lot of people here to make bigger and better the worldwide community of gaming and gamedev.

Cya around.

Peace

Work Smart not Hard
NotAWildman
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: November 05, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »

I'm Kyle, a 19 year old from the UK currently at university studying Digital Games Programming. I've been programming, predominantly in C# in Unity for almost 4 years now and spend most of my time working on my team's game project. Currently a turn based strategy game built around accessibility. I hope to work in industry after completing my degree and building up a portfolio and keeping contact with developers through forums like this is meant to get me a bit closer to that and importantly, help me learn even more.

Currently working on Salem City at https://richtalent.wordpress.com/

Twitter @programmerKyle
pjsdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:23 AM »

Hi all i'm Pete, a programmer from the UK. I've been programming in the graphics world for a while, in both VFX and games, mostly focused on servers and tooling. I've been making games, mostly in Unity, for about 4 years and am starting to move more seriously into indie game dev. I like to talk about programming and systems (game) design with anyone who will listen!

Looking forward to talking to you all.
Kesstryl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: November 06, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »

Hello, Kesstryl here! 

I was directed here from the Indie-Resource.com forums which is also an independent game dev forum.  I currently work as an online tutor, am in school to get my teacher's certification, work as a freelance artist, and ... the reason I'm here ... am developing my first PBBG. I also play a lot of independent browser games, probably more than I play MMOs. 

Not much else to know about me.  I have a dog and a tree frog.  Married.  No kids.  I'm also a member of TheGamingList.com which is a forum for virtual pet game developers and players.  I think I'll have fun here.  I love learning about new independent games, and I look forward to getting to know some of you and your games. 
daleth90
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:04 AM »

Hello, I'm Peter!
I'm 27, and work as a gameplay programmer with Unity/C# for 3 years in Taiwan.
I've been developing my own game, and have a blog about game programming.
I'm here for knowing more people who's developing games and what everybody's doing, and like to share and get any information about game development.
ShawnGreer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: November 07, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »

Greetings fellow indie developers. My name is Shawn, and I'm the "lead" designer and developer at Ding! Games (I'm also the only one), a small company I started with my brother, where we work part-time to develop games. We've published a couple of mobile games, and now we're working on our first full up PC game. My background is in programming, having received a Bachelors in Computer Science, and Master's in Software Engineering. However, I love playing and making games, which is how I end up spending a large majority of my "free" time.
Eddie Winback
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10477 on: November 07, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »

I had fear of joining forums because I was a afraid that the internet would rip me apart if I put myself out there too much, but you know what I'm breaking that chain today.

Whaddup folks my name is Edwin Jack, I am the founder of BareHand, the team developing the combat farming game titled "Cede"

This is me in my natural state: chillin, being silly with the no lens glasses lol

I remember when I was a lil tyke my 1st game was Double Dragon on the NES, theeennn I played Super Mario. The NES was my older brother's so the first official console I owned was the Sega Genesis. Pretty much from here is when I really fell in love with video games. I love many aspects of video games, but my most passionate points are animation and music! What ticks me off is the disrespect for the video game medium. You know, the stigma about what they do for our world? I feel like we are just starting to build respect of the general public in our society, showing them the impact that gaming has on the world.

Some of my favorite titles include

Streets of Rage 2 - I swear it was nothing like being a kid in the 90s and playing this game, especially co-op. Personally I think this game has one of the best video game theme music of all time.

Phantasy Star Online EP. 1&2 - Had some of the best multiplayer experiences with this game. So many laughs! Dreamcast was a great era!

Super Smash Bros. Melee
- IMO I think this has got to be one of the most competitive and well designed fighting games I have ever played. It can be hardcore or casual. I try to go to tourneys here and there when I'm not working on Cede. I main Mario.

For me gaming has always been about the experience. How you felt the moment something crazy happened or when you turned off the system you were thinking about the story and how it related to your life in any way. With Cede, I hope that we can create an experience which will impact peoples lives. Feeding you mentally and spiritually so that when you turn off the game, you feel a glow inside.

That's about it. Thanks for reading!
Peace, love, and hair grease.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:24:34 AM by Eddie Winback » Logged
G4ujay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: November 08, 2017, 06:01:12 AM »

Hello all,

My name is Guillaume Aujay, I'm a solo game developer from France.
I'm currently working on my first game for iOS and Android called 'Switchero'.

Stay tuned for more info soon Smiley
spruce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: November 08, 2017, 09:17:15 AM »

Hello!
I'm Scott Ethington! I'm a solo dev, currently in Winooski, VT. I love making games, especially ones that are about exploration and aren't about violence but still fun and actiony! Being a part of communities and being frequent with social media isn't something that comes naturally to me, but I'm hoping that I will be here often and talking to all of you!
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic