Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:15:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951472 times)
smolhold
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10500 on: November 23, 2017, 04:35:30 AM »

Hi y'all,

i'm Olli, student by day, game developer by night. Focusing on making the later the former Smiley
Based in Berlin, i am currently finishing up my degree and making some small games on the side. Last finished up a somewhat bigger one with a small team of students.

I'm also always interested in some good Sci-Fi, NoiseRock and coffee  Coffee

have a nice one!
Stobie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:19 AM »

Hi all.

I'm Lukas, and I develop games (and other things) under the label Studio Stobie. I grew up in the 16-bit era, so like a lot of people I really love the style of that generation. I'm currently working on Rising Dusk. A 2D puzzle platformer, that's sort-of anti-coin collecting, but sort of not. I've been working on it for the past 2 years now, but it's really starting together now.

I've been doing pixel art and music for years now and worked on a few indie games that'll be releasing next year.
I look forward to seeing all the great work from this community and potentially working with some of you in the future.
Vectron
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: November 26, 2017, 02:32:58 AM »

Hi!

The rules suggested I introduce myself on this thread, so here I am. Introducing me.

Just another hobbyist dev off the assembly line. Making dreaming about them games.

Joining this place as part of a terrifying initiative to be more proactive and social about gamedev.

Woo.
-ABredGhost-
Level 0

art guy 98!

View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: November 26, 2017, 05:19:15 AM »

Hi there im just logging in for a good 5 mins, im an artist, and an animator in the time i wrote this. My passion is to make my own game, and make an actual living out of it, my biggest obstacle so far is that i can't code, and very depends on youtube tutorial if i had to code myself, currently making game with my friends now, hopefully i can finish my game and share the gaming joy with others.. cheers Smiley Beer!

oh also.. im so confused about uploading profile picture here Epileptic

you've been visited by Art guy!
HiddenNatureDsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10504 on: November 26, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »

Hey all, indie game dev, freelance illustrator and gamer (of course) here.  Long time lurker, and I used to post from time to time on the old pixfu forums under another name.

Fell in love with games when I first got Mega Man 2, though I enjoyed them before that.  Got really interested in game design back when Derek and Jon first started posting about Eternal Daughter, and recently after releasing a couple small hobby projects, on Steam and Android, have started making the move toward full time game development.

Hope to get to know many of you in the coming months!
New Pixel Order
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10505 on: November 29, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »

Hello! I'm Benítez from Spain. During years i'm involved in the music production scene, but now i've jumped aboard the gaming developer train under the New Pixel Order name. I hope I can contribute to this community with knowledge, games and dank memes.
Stokbrood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10506 on: November 29, 2017, 11:20:00 PM »

Good morning / afternoon / evening / night everyone !

My name's Charlaine, nice to meet you ! After spending basically all my childhood with a controller in my hands, my dream was KIND OF working in video games, in one way or another. The fact is that I'm not really good at art, and ooooh let's not even talk about my broken-logic-sense and inability to understand maths that made programming a dream. But it's okay.
I didn't know what to do with my life when I realized this, and had no idea whatsoever, so I subscribe in a communication uni and remembered that "OH, if I can't MAKE games, maybe I can at least share my passion for them !" and BAM, last year after a Community Management internship I knew I wanted to do this.

I struggled a lot to find an actual job in France, but I found one in the Netherlands at KeokeN Interactive, so here I am. This forum seems full of very cool tips, and maybe it'll motivate me to actually work on a tiny game OTHER than a random one on RPGMakerSomething that won't ever be done anyway :D
I've also tried to work a bit on art and am KINDA starting to learn 2D animation basis, so that's something !

See you all and have a nice day / night !
jcjohnson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: December 01, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

Hi everybody!

I'm Jake, and I'm a professional software developer hoping to leave that world behind and work in something I actually care about.  After about 10 years doing big corporate C/C++ projects, I started making a simple Unity game that I want to show off soon.  So far I've only worked alone and as a hobby; now I want to take it to the next level.
sobstel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10508 on: December 02, 2017, 04:07:30 AM »

Hello!

I'm yet another experienced software developer that discovered that making games is fun (then realized it's not easy to make money from it, but fun effect has prevailed) . My time and capabilities are very limited, so solely focusing on iOS at the moment (maybe Android in the future). I'm mostly interested in puzzle/adventure genre, underloaded design and generally simple approach (I've started from surreal bizarre story-like adventure puzzle called Hydropuzzle, released last month to the App Store).

Technically, I'm using... React Native, which is a bit unusual (I know), but it's quite unique experience on its own.

And this is my usual workplace:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:15:35 AM by sobstel » Logged

Game (iOS): Hydropuzzle.
bbangerter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: December 02, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »

Hello everyone,

Bryce Bangerter, professional developer in the industry for 9 years. 2 years at EA doing mobile development, 7 years with Wahoo/NinjaBee (small indie studio) doing primarily console development with a custom game engine in C++.

Working on a project of my own now that I'm not employed full time in the industry (and no longer subject to non-complete clauses).
Etherlight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10510 on: December 02, 2017, 09:24:27 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Walter, a frustrated musician and programmer of my own small studio called Etherlight, here's a pixel art version of me:

I love videogames since I saw pokemon for the first time when I was around 5 or 7 years old, but I discovered that it was what my true love and that I wanted to work forever in games on 2011 when I stopped being an exclusive Nintendo gamer and started playing games all around.

I play almost any genre of game except MOBAS or MMORPGs mostly because I don't like playing online multiplayer games, but, although I tend to play almost any kind of game, my top favorite games tend to be visual novels or rythm games... and Super Smash Bros.

Indie Mexican studio working on a puzzle-platformer called Solaris Aisling.

feelnside
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: December 03, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Dmitry from a little Belarus Smiley . QA Engineer with 2 years of experience. At this moment I have a huge hobby - indie game development on Unity.

It would be great in start working with the game development for full time. I hope in near future this dream become a reality!
Schir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: December 04, 2017, 05:00:32 PM »

Hey there, I'm Schir.

I'm an absolute amateur at making games, having only really started it this week. Judging by everyone else's posts, that's more of an exception than the rule around here.

Right now I'm just getting my feet wet with RPG Maker, since that seems most appropriate to my skill level and expertise (writing words, minimal experience with coding).

I've been playing video games since about as far back as I can remember, and I've had that vague desire to 'make a video game' that just about every internet nerd on a video game forum has. I made LPs on and off for the better part of eight years, and streamed for a little while. Y'know, bog-standard internet person forum introduction stuff.

I've been inspired to actually go and try to make a game recently by massively lowering my expectations for what I should expect, reading some blog posts by developers I like, and finally getting it through my skull that I don't need to know everything (or even really much of anything) about coding/art/music/et cetera before starting to try making a game.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning from everyone's expertise.
Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: December 05, 2017, 02:07:54 AM »

I'm Steffen, a student and Norwegian. Because I like doing most of the facets of game design (not just programming, art, etc.), I'm working solo until I'm sick of doing it all myself.

(This all isn't chronologically ordered)

I was introduced to video games pretty young, but I wasn't especially allowed or encouraged to play them much. I think my first games might have been online games, some silly, but they were all fun at least at that age. I also played and watched games with my brother, such as the LEGO games (Batman, Indiana Jones (and I recall my attempts to troll my brother with hidden lava faucets (in custom levels)), etc.), and long long ago, I think we played some really obscure games on an old desktop (such as to build custom cars). We got a Wii, not many games for it, and the sensor broke not so long later; the only console we've had. I got a gameboy advance sp shortly after my brother got his, and I struggled somewhat with games such as power rangers. Later, we both got nintendo DSs and quite some games each, for example a dinosaur game and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. As you imagine, I didn't sleep much the next days Grin. I remember playing a lot of games on websites such as 1001spill and miniclip, and played many Ben 10 browser games (and perhaps games from other cartoons I watched and loved), and at some point fusionfall cropped up, which I never understood why or how to play (I wasn't good at games). At some point I played a gamecube with 2 relatives(?), my brother, and with games such as a pokemon one, wherein I loved searching the lists of pokemon, to choose the coolest (and most powerful looking) pokemon I hadn't yet seen in battle, in attempt to get an advantage. Recently, I've played many awesome games with my brother, e.g. lovers in a dangerous spacetime, and that has further developed my love for couch co-op (which is an aspect of a game I'm currently making).

At one point as I was really young, I badly wanted to make a (wholesome, lighthearted) online game with my brother, similar to millsberry (and other games, I think), in some senses, but with exploration, quests, etc.; my dad got us a game development software, but of which I got bamboozled before even attempting the software, because although they claimed you could make any game with it, all the examples were lifeless "realistic-looking" (drabby grey) FPSs, so I got discouraged and certainly couldn't figure anything of it out with the sliver of technical knowledge I had back then.

Eventually I saw Minecraft (on Youtube), and that changed it all for me. It was such a magical game, with many mysteries and freedom, yet a lighthearted atmosphere. It was great fun singleplayer, multiplayer, creative mode, and survival mode.
I was still then under the impression that programming and making games was the toughest nut to crack, from all the warnings and grim talk about the subject, so that after learning command blocks in minecraft, I had a "newfound freedom" for game design, within Minecraft. The coding was simple (and if not I could repurpose some code snippets from online), and the graphics and sound effects were there and ready. It was the best to finally have "access" to game design.

In computer class 2 years ago we had the assignment to make a scratch game about obstacle dodging, and making it captivated me for days. It was mindbogglingly simple to do despite the limitations with Scratch (such as sprites not being allowed to move entirely behind the edges of the screen (for sidescrolling anything, that's a must), or a proper working camera (I had to move all the sprites myself instead of only a camera), or huge performance problems).

Here is the project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/91100620/

I then realized that perhaps actual coding isn't a garbage heap of alien syntax, and learned quirks, requiring years of experience. I found Unity to be the best game engine for me (because C# is more beginner friendly than c++, and I was thinking especially about mobile development then). It was easy enough to learn after circumventing my (stupid) confusion around how methods/functions work (the explanations given about what returning void meant furthered my then confusion).

Eh, making a devlog's supposed to be a good idea (so here I am).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:32:25 AM by Precision Cats » Logged

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10514 on: December 05, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »

Forgot to do this long time ago, so why not now.

I've been in the indie game space for close to a decade, and only recently have become even "indier" by breaking out on my own with a friend. Scary scary stuff, especially with a family. Anyhoo.

I grew up playing almost exclusively PC games; my memories are not of Nintendo, or Genesis, but of XT, 386, 486DX2, then the Pentium etc. As you can imagine, I'm pretty bad at platformers, and rather have a love for RPGs, simulation, adventure games. With that said, here is my DevLog, all comments and criticisms welcome.

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=63322.0

cheers!

Down here, it's our time.
faborro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10515 on: December 05, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Fabio and I'm from Germany.

I've been enjoying video games for as long as I can remember and decided a while ago to take my passion for video games to the next level. I find it important to spent my time on things that I truly care about, which is why I started to develop games. I want to bring excitement and joy to the players of my games, just as it was the case for me.

I'm using Unity and recently got into coding in a ECS way, which I consider to be a very enjoyable approach.

Looking forward to share some of my experience and learn much from your guys' knowledge!

mino
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10516 on: December 05, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Mino.  I'm originally from Georgia (the US state), but I now live in San Francisco.

For some years I've worked in mobile gaming with Android and Unity development, but about a year ago I quit my job to pursue my dream of becoming a solo game developer.  I've been working on my current project, a PC bullet hell/fighting game titled "MM Kari" for that entire time, and hope to complete the game by 2019 or so.  I am trying to do as much of the game by myself as possible, including all of the art and programming.

I have a devlog on tumblr right now ( https://minnouu.tumblr.com/ ) but will probably also make one here when I can.

Looking forward to talking to everyone here about their projects.
jim001
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: December 06, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Ionut and I'm originally from Romania, EU.

My first contact with the game development was 7 years ago when I joined Ubisoft Entertainment as a programmer.
Some years of game development and game producing followed. I left the industry for while but early this year, together with some ex-collegues and an local Internet entrepreneur, I started a new indie studio called PVP Studio (https://pvp.studio).

With the first title, we seek to revive the classic side-view shooters into a starter e-sport called Boom Squad.

Quick question for you: what was the last multiplayer platformer you played?
Mimicry
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: December 08, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »

Hello Everyone

I've always had a thing about my name on the internet, call it a paranoia. So please just call me Mimicry or Neko.
I've never been exactly good at introducing myself, but I'm happy to be hear and meet all of you.

I'm an artist and a guy who just wants to make games. My fondest dream as a child was to work on my favorite properties like FZero, StarFox, Mario, Rockman, and so on. I joined here because it might just be the thing to help me go all the way.
danovo
Level 0

(Not an actual photograph)

View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: December 10, 2017, 04:15:21 AM »

Hello there!

Danovo/mago314 speaking. I'm a young student from Spain that really loves making stuff. Making good stuff? Finishing stuff?  No No NO Just making stuff.

I'm particularly interested in games with unique gameplay, mainly because I can't do art or music, just code Shrug Also VR, that is a minefield of unexplored ideas.

See you on the forums and TIGSCord!
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic