Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:17:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907937 times)
moonkey
Level 0

º_º

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10520 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »

Yes, hello there!

I’m a very inexperienced programmer (if I can call myself that). I guess I’m a “forum-reader” kind of programmer. Anyway, a few years ago I made a Wolfenstein 3D mod called Zillion 3D. It’s based on the anime commissioned by Sega to Tatsunoko to sell toys and videogames. For some reason, the deal fell through, and Sega abandoned a great IP. Anyway, I've always been frustrated by the lack of a Zillion FPS, since it would be perfect for that story (Zillion is based on a laser-tag toy by Sega, later reused as the mold for the Light Phaser on the Master System.)

Now I’m taking the next step and creating the spiritual successor of Zillion 3D. I created my own story and now I’m developing Red Laser Z, my first proper original game. My influences are Zillion and Phantasy Star. My game actually tries to look like a Phantasy Star game in FPS mode. If anyone is interested, here’s the pages for itch.io and indieDB:

https://moonkey.itch.io/red-laser-z-
http://www.indiedb.com/games/red-laser-z

I do need people to play test this thing. So, you know, if you’re interested, go check it out!

=]
5T4MP5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: December 13, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »

Hi All,

I'm 5T4MP5(pronounced "Stamps", alternatively, Dave), and I'm a hobbyist indie dev from the north east US. I got started experimenting with game development building maps for L4D and L4D2. Those maps were never published, but that was how I got my feet wet.

In more recent years, I have been, like many, developing in Unity. I've participated in a number of game jams (mostly Ludum Dare), and have released one title on Google Play, "Doug: The Endless Digger". It's nothing special, but I was happy to learn about releasing a game, handling support requests, etc...

ATM I am putting together a portfolio for my work in Unity Development, hoping to start expanding into contract work. At the same time, I continue to work on my own projects, which I also look forward to discussing here.

I actually registered this account quite a while ago, but never used it. I suppose it's time to remedy that.
DefinitelyGoodGames
TIGBaby

A one man African game company

View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: December 15, 2017, 10:17:57 AM »

:monoclepop:Hey. My name is Oliver Chiperesa Jr (or OllyWanKenobi)-whichever you prefer. I am (probably) the first Zimbabwean to ever attempt to make a video game and am a one man independant game company:<sarcastic tone> 18,broke and fresh outta high school...yaaaay. I have just begun working on my very first video game!!! It's title is '...I'm okay, just tired.'(which either sounds interesting or horribly pretentious-I still haven't figured out which one though Shrug-shit, I just used an emoji!). It is a game about dealing with depression. Terrible, terrible depression. Like soul crushing depression...

...am...am I doing good?....I'm new to this whole PR thing....I promise I'm not like a psychopath or anything....

I really look forward to being a part of this community and my foray into the soul-crushing/dream-sodomizing wonderful world of the video game industry

By OllyWanKenobi
#imokayjusttired
Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10523 on: December 15, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

Grin HEY FOLKS Grin

I've been a game dev in one way or another for years now and I'm finally pushing to complete my first Indie RPG. I love all things Tech, MST3K, Anime, Sci-Fi, and Gaming! Feel free to stop by the links in my sig to see what I'm working on right now! Thanks again!! Toast Left Toast Right

GenaDVD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: December 16, 2017, 05:10:07 AM »

Hello. I am a game developer from Russia.

foggysheep
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: December 17, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »

hello occupants of the interwebs,

I'm foggy. A wannabe game dev in Florida (unfortunately). I've started at least 100 projects, and "finished" 1.
I am attempting to break the crippling indecision, and actually make "complete" things, in my never ending quest to git gud.
Wish me luck, or don't, i can't really make you do anything.

Also don't sweeten your coffee with cake frosting, its a bad idea, trust me.
VermillionDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: December 17, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Nontawat from Vermillion Studio. My friends and I are a developer located in Thailand which is quite a new grounds for us game developers since there's very few of us here that you can find same names going around to the few studios we have in circles. I'm a game designer as well as an avid gamer, always looking for things to play then breaking the game down to its mechanics on why I have fun. Sometimes I dive too deep and those ideas stuck in my head and I fear myself for trying to copy things before being creative. My friends and I had just graduated from being office workers, developing assets for others' usage into our own studio and have been recently working on our own game.

I like to travel to game conventions myself so I wish I get the opportunity to see you guys there, whether it be Indie ones or large gaming expos, which means you are successful and I can congratulate you there.
Slaffski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: December 19, 2017, 01:28:29 AM »

Yyooo!

I am a game developer from Russia and I just recently started making my own games.
mbernardes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: December 19, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »

Hey Everyone!

My name is Miguel, I am a Full Stack Developer, and live in Berlin, Germany.

I am really into gaming and game development, both of which I do on my free time.

I have worked with serious games' development previously, doing a VR game to rehabilitate people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Happy to meet all of you!
Cheers!
MattMakesSwords
Level 0

Pixelbarons.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10529 on: December 20, 2017, 06:54:09 PM »

Yo I'm Matt, and i'm a game artist. I specialize in Swords and stuff like you can see below. if you interested in my work check out my portfolio website

I'm currently working on Ceasar's Revenge which you can read about on our TIG page, link provided <------

i look forward to posting more and becoming part of the TIG community once again.

DarkForestMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10530 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:24 PM »

Hey, my name is Justin Thomas Squires.

I literally just spent the last three hours writing a several paragraph long intro with pictures to boot, and decided there is no way in hell I am going to post it and expect you to read through it all. It was reaching novella status.

So in a nutshell
I am a new gamedev and wear many hats at my multi-media outlet Dark Forest Media.

I am obsessed with Survival Horror.

My favorite eras of gaming was the 1st and 2nd gen.

Some of my favorite games: Resident Evil (0-5, Code V), Silent Hill (1-4), Alan Wake, Amnesia series, Final Fantasy (VII-IX), Eternal Darkness, among many others.

I fell out of love with console gaming during 3rd gen, partly due to living in poverty and not being able to afford it.

I first got into indie games in 2013 after discovering Anodyne, The Last Door, and Lone Survivor.

I've spent more time making games in the past two and a half years then I have playing them. So I am kind of out of touch with current affairs in the gaming world. Which I am alright with, because I only make games that I want to play.

I've never owned a 4th gen console or played through a 4th gen game.

When I do game, it is usually an indie game or a retro game. I feel as if there are more than enough games from the past generations to keep me busy for a life time since I am no longer an avid gamer.

Games I have recently played/discovered: Deep Sleep Trilogy, Eye of the Beholder, Hell Night, The Legacy: Realm of Terror.

I made and published my first Survival Horror game (MANTRA - Episode One: Foothills) in October of this year. I will start a dev log as I start development of epsiode two, but will do so after I have contributed to this forum more.

I have wanted to make video games since the third grade.

I have an uncontrollable creative nature (some times to a fault).

I also write interactive fiction, and am currently working on a few IF titles.

Besides game development I am big into digital video production/film-making, composing music, graphic design, photography, writing, and spending too much time on social media (usually marketing)

I look forward to digging into this forum and getting to know more game devs. Thanks for your time Smiley[/li][/list]

Thomas Doc Johnson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: December 21, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »

Heya! I'm Tom.

I'm new to the game dev scene. Been a musician most of my life, decided I wanted to shake things up a bit.

I'm early stages with my programming (C#).
A decent level in my cartoonist art style.
Very experienced in all areas music.
And I'm learning 3D modelling and animation very quickly.

Check out my Portfolio, Weekly Development Blog, Or game downloads @ www.thomasdocjohnson.com

Looking forward to becoming a part of the TIG community! Gentleman
CTK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: December 21, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »

Hey! I am the Product and Community Manager of Chilltime Lda. - www.chilltime.com a Gaming and Technology development company based in Lisbon, Portugal.

I am currently learning programming, and have participate in the last LDJam with the game - https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/40/dont-get-hangry

I know how to design UI, and work primarily with UX and game balance.
Breaking Walls
Level 0

Developing AWAY: The Survival Series

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10533 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:25 AM »

Hey everyone! We're Breaking Walls, an Indie game studio based in Montreal, Canada.  We're really glad to be a part of this community, and want to share our work with all of you. We're currently working AWAY, an adventure/survival game that we're extremely excited to show you more of. Can't wait to get to know more about everyone here! Cheers guys Smiley

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:11:07 AM by Breaking Walls » Logged
SypherZent
Level 0

Software Development Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10534 on: December 23, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is SypherZent, and I'm the beanstalk from Jack and the Beanstalk.
I've been programming A.I. for 9 years and I have a dream.

I'll be lurking around the forum from now on.
Hopefully there is a nice virtual sofa around here...

SZ
Ramifactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10535 on: December 24, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »

I'm JD -- founder and sole developer at Ramifactor.

I have no idea what I'm doing, and no time to make games. Truly a winning combination!

Here to lurk & learn as much as possible

Games here: https://ramifactor.itch.io
Mastodon: https://mastodon.gamedev.place/@Ramifactor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ramifactor
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:50:18 AM by Ramifactor » Logged

GameDoctrine
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: December 28, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »

My name is Jason Matthews. I've been starting games but not finishing them since I was 11. In 30 years of hobbiest gamedev I've actually finished 5 games.

I'm a solid programmer and an awful, but enthusiastic artist.

I've started a website/twitch channel/youtube channel to try and promote indie game developers and help struggling devs make and finish their games. My education and professional experience is in marketing and digital marketing. I am rock solid at content marketing and most of the social channels.

I still code and am learning ue4 after years of unity dev. I'm also working on a space based roguelike.
gamedeveloper0
Level 0

You Have To Live it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10537 on: December 30, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »

Hello, i am Sherry Saini. I have been in the game design field for a few years now, I have a game company

www.sherrygames.com

and I'm here to meet new people, my main area of expertise is Art and writing.

I am very familiar with some tools such as 3d rad, sketch up, blender and untiy

I have a youtube channel as well where I post game-making tutorials https://www.youtube.com/c/sherrydragonair

very excited to meet many people here and grow as a game developer Smiley

(oOo)
matinstudios
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10538 on: December 30, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »

Hey, I'm Abdulmatin. Passionate game dev and artist. I also write stories and compose music.

I recently released my game named Neera: Dark Secrets, which is a fast-paced Fantasy Action/RPG with pixel art graphics.

It can be found here: https://matin.itch.io/neera
Here's the trailer:

and a peak at gameplay:

You can follow me here: https://www.twitter.com/MatinStudios

It's nice to meet you all. Smiley
Metaparadox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10539 on: December 31, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »

Hello! I'm Olivia a.k.a. Metaparadox. I'm 25 and I mostly make queer visual novels, but I have some RPG and puzzle-y stuff in the works. I'm still a student (computer science major), and I have yet to work in a team (aside from one time in school when my partner flaked on me), but I've finished a short game and released a pretty big visual novel demo. So far I've participated in the following game jams (though I didn't finish a game for all of them): Yuri Game Jam, October Rainbow Jam, Accessajam, Maximum Monster Month, and The Goddess Project. I'm also starting a game jam of my own called Ace Jam, which is about making games with asexual characters in primary roles. It starts tomorrow! I also run a Queer Game Dev Discord server.

Current Projects:

Camp Ravenrock - Queer SF/Fantasy Summer School VN
The A-List - Short Asexual Superhero VN
Over Water, Under Hill - Fantasy Asexual Adventure VN

Back Burner:

Femme Story - Queer Autobiographical VN
Let's Trade Zines - Zine Trading Social Network Android App
Reflection of Souls - Story-driven Medieval Science Fiction RPG Thing

Completely Finished:

We Met Once, Perhaps in a Dream - Short SF-ish VN About Immortality, Lying, and Guilt

Check Me Out At:

- https://metaparadox.itch.io/
- http://patreon.com/oliviaszines
- https://discord.gg/AxVTMrH
- https://itch.io/jam/ace-jam
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic