Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:30:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952340 times)
delcygnus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10540 on: January 01, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »

Hi, I'm Neil and I live on the west coast.

I've been studying gamedev for about three years now. I was a programmer before that, but I've been expanding my skills to include design, artwork and even some limited sound effects. I like the whole creation process. Except for music, which I can't do. I have to rely on real musicians for that.

I'm focusing solely on Android development for now, because that's been more than enough for me to take on. Mobile games may look simple, but there's an awful lot behind the screen.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:15:04 PM by delcygnus » Logged
orochii
Level 0

Abomination of life, or life itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10541 on: January 01, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »

Hi, I am Orochii Zouveleki (sometimes I register myself as muramasa, i.e. my itch account). But I'm trying to not change too much usernames or whatever. Anyway. I am several years old, and I make games. I study graphical design, but I code most of the time. Still, I manage to cover both artistic and programming somehow, and fill in the rest. I've been a one-man army since I started doing games. Maybe 2-3 attempts with other people that culminated in something, and like 3434 that didn't.

Anyway, hi again and let's start a new year by not knowing each other. But gradually seeing each other's posts and making ourselves wrong impresions of each other! ;^D Please think I'm a better person than what I really am. *inserts drama*

HuvaaKoodia
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10542 on: January 01, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »

Hello you, I'm HuvaaKoodia. I'm an interactive digital media developer, which is to say I make digital games as well as other interactive things.

I strive to be a full-on indie developer: design, programming, visuals, the whole lot. I enjoy jamming and take part in Ludum Dare and Alakajam pretty much every time.
Play2D
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10543 on: January 03, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »

Play2D is the name, making games is.... the game?
Play2D is focused on producing 2D (hand-drawn) video games.
Looking forward to sharing my work, as well as learning from others.
See ya around.

HybridStrategies
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10544 on: January 03, 2018, 07:24:39 AM »

Hello!

My name is Daniel and I'm a graphic designer from Brazil, adventuring in the lands of game development!

I got into games since me and my sister got a Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) on a christmas when I was four years old! I want to make games that mix things I like, games I like, with something different! Be it a new way to control the player, os a bit of strategy on an action game, I don't know yet!

For now I'm mainly using Godot with GDScript, and my art workflow is all open source, mainly inkscape and krita!

You can find my games and experiments on https://hybridstrategies.itch.io/! There's only one early playable there yet, but I'm just getting started!
AlexGK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10545 on: January 04, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »

I actually introduce myself on another thread, but I'll do it again. Why not?

Hello everyone. I'm Alejandro Guardado, indie game developer from Mexico.
I've been developing games for a few years now. I founded a small studio called CerosWare (twitter.com/cerosware).

I wish 2018 to be the year where I can start to share my main project: Laser Graffiti, a 2D beat 'em up where you fight as street criminals with lasers (I should open a devlog on this one soon). I also plan to work on a few smaller side-projects along the way.

I also hope to learn and share a lot of that sweet game dev wisdom, and make some new awesome friends! Gomez
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: January 05, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »

Welcome! May awesome projects spew from each of you!

I took a break from this site. I'm garlic guy...pixel artistry, music, and everything in between is what I like to do!
I want to be a jack of all trades. I squeeze out projects here and there when I have time. Good to be back.

tankun
Level 0

Santima Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10547 on: January 06, 2018, 03:55:06 AM »

Hi my name is Tan Tuncag, an indie developer from Istanbul, Turkey. My gaming company is called Santima Games.

I've started my career as a professional musician then worked as a film director and then I went on to become a game developer. Funny where life takes you...

So here's the long version: my obsession with games started when I was 9 years. My dad bought me ZX Spectrum 48K and that was it, I was hooked.

What really fascinated with the ZX Spectrum (compared to C64 for instance) was the absurdity and the vagueness of its games. eg Lords Of Midnight. It was a fairly popular game and I loved playing it, yet I couldn't quite figure out the purpose of the game. Remeber those times? No guides, no tutorials, zero hand-holding.

Maybe if I've bought the original game there would be a some sort of guide in it but remember I was living in Turkey, it was 80's and original games for the Speccy did not quite exist here then, so we'd end up getting cassette copies from these "special" game shops. The funny thing was, when they fast-copied the games especially, the sound quality would be lowered, you'd go home and it would load for ten minutes and you'd see the dreaded glitched out "fail" screen.

But the interesting thing was, a few months after I got the computer I started writing my own games. Fortunately programming books for Speccy were available (in only one bookshop in my hometown of Izmir) but I was still writing in Basic of course and I would quickly run out of the 48Kb memory  Cheesy For this reason I could never finish a game I've started but I'd made enough to dazzle my friends and watch them suffer trying to figure out/survive my games.

But somehow I did not pursue this direction in life. I was always good at science and math but I wanted to be an artist. So after high school I entered the art school and studied acting which I also did not pursue.

Fast forward to 2005; me and a musician pal of mine decided to make a game. It would be an adventure game shot as a movie (eg. eleventh hour) At the time there was nothing like Unity or UE so I was building the game on Macromedia Director. It was a great tool, intuitive and easy to program. We were so serious about it we even went to Paris to shoot some futuristic scenes in La Defense. But then we realized the game was too big for us to handle. Instead we formed an electronica music band called "Portecho".

Portecho became a huge success, I made a living by making music for 5-6 years. We toured a lot, released 3 albums, EPS and a remix album but then it all went downhill when my band partner moved to US and I stayed in Istanbul. Even after that we kept it going for a while but then we decided to quit recently since it became really difficult to go on like this and move on with our lives.

Meanwhile I was shooting our own video clips and I started getting offers from other bands and musicians to shoot clips for them. I shot video clips and moved on to television and made a living on that. I was also doing visuals and animations so I started teaching myself proper Maya. I was using 3DSMax before, mainly for the 3d stuff for the clips but then a friend of mine told me Maya was better for animation.

Then in 2014 I started working with a production company called F5 Productions, mainly to develop visuals and animations for clients but I still had to urge to make games. I just did not know how.

Then I discovered this thing called Unity. It was V3.5 at the moment.

We started developing custom made games for clients, mainly for events and such. I was learning Unity and coding on the go and of course having Unity's asset store in our disposal was great. We were mainly building games using stuff like Kinect, Arduino or RFI. Having learned some Maya was a bonus too since Unity's controls worked very much like Maya and the integration between two programs were really great.

A few years later I've started developing my own games. First ones were for Apple Store and they were really crap but they gave me really valuable experiences. One of them was a platformer/adventure game that looked like this:

It was so unoptimized that it would crash even the latest iPhones, running out of memory. It's not available anymore unfortunately. I can easily port it to PC and re-release it but I'm a bit embarrassed so I probably won't. Embarrassed

While all this was happening I wanted to go on making music and I started a solo project called "Cava Grande".

So here I was thinking of making a video clip for my Cava Grande track "Sentinel" then I decided to make a game instead.

Last summer I made "Sentinel" and put it up on itch.io. It looks like this:

Remember when I told you about dreaming of having huge characters on the screen?

This was 5 months ago; since then I've developed my second game called "A Fine Mess" and it looks like this:

It's a walking-simulator/horror game and it was (kind of) praised for its vagueness. (Again, remember vagueness of Speccy games?)

So here we are. This is my story. At the moment I want to follow up on A" Fine Mess" and see what happens.

By the way I've discovered TigSource via Derek Yu's excellent book: Spelunky.
I've actually read it twice cause I hadn't played the game at the time so I played the game and read it again. I've read a few books kinda like this but none of them were so engaging and fun to read so I'd recommend this book, even to seasoned developers out there.

Thanks.
Bruin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: January 06, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »

Hi, my name is Chris Bruin, I am a character artist with several years of AAA industry experience based in Canada, having worked at Electronic Arts and now Activision, as well as smaller companies and freelance studios.

I have been wanting to make my own games for years, since I was a kid really, and have attempted several projects in the past. I am working towards a new project right now, that I hope is well received. We'll see how far I can get this year!

Discord: Chris Bruin#4580
coley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10549 on: January 07, 2018, 04:53:10 PM »

Hey! I'm Stephen, but people mostly call me by my last name, Coley. I work in software full time, but on nights and weekends I dabble with game development. Currently working in Unity.

I've been working long term on a top-down pixel-art game, but it is still early in development. More recently, I released my first small game for the GitHub GameOff. The GameOff has left me inspired and yearning for community - so here I am!  Gentleman
silverman71
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: January 09, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Hi!

I'm Mike, 46 yrs. old who quit IT-managment and moved out to the countryside.
It's been on my bucket-list for ages to write a little game and get it "out there" even though I know I will not make a penny of it.

Recent events in my life have given me the oppurtunity to be able to take a sabbatical year and I will spend that year creating games. I started dabbling with code on the Amiga and been doing it professionally for many years.

I'm here to get inspiration and take a look at what everyone else is doing Wink

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups!
LucasMccann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10551 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:22 AM »

Hello, my name is Lucas I own a small indie studio Called Luna Orion. I think Battle of Olympus, Final Fantasy, Castlevania 2, Wizardry, were my fav NES games. We had an Atari before that and I liked Joust, Moon Patrol, and Solaris. It wasn't till I was 11 working at the teen center on our airforce base that I got into modding. I made new games for Quake and always knew that's what I wanted to do when I grew up. I never got the chance till now so I'm kind of living the dream as it were. My goal is to make the games I want to play, and hope others will want to play them too. Hopefully, my first release goes well and I'll get to work on a VR title.

Lucas McCann
Owner
Luna Orion
https://lunaorion.com
jackal2488
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: January 11, 2018, 07:22:50 AM »

Hi everyone,
My name is Jesse and I have an unusual path to game development. I graduated high school and started college with:
1. No idea what I wanted to do.
2. A false idea that I wasn't smart enough to do what I really wanted to do.

Therefore, I got a degree in Public Relations and a Master's in Instructional Technology. Biggest mistakes of my life. One day, a flip switched inside me and I decided "I'm going to create my own game, no matter what that takes". So I started researching what it would take, what it would cost and how I could achieve my dream.

My dream is to create a video game that would reach at least 1 person. If only one person, then one person only. Because video games have always, and will always be a part of who I am and who I want to become.

To put this in better perspective, I’ve never watched a movie, or listened to a song, or read a book that made me feel the way Final Fantasy 6 made me feel.

Hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time, and my favorite piece of literature ever created.
Here’s what I look like when I’m hanging with the tiny human I helped to create.

I work primarily in Blender and Unity and have self-taught myself using forums (not unlike this site) and CG Cookie. I’ve been working on a game for several years now and will launch before the end of 2018. I’m going to start a thread talking about the game and asking for some honest feedback.

I hope, that one day I can break free of the monotony of my current work life, and find a career building games that reach out to people the way video games have done so for me.

Thank you
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: January 11, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »

beautiful

Devlog<br /><br />[/
KraleZero
Level 0

Hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10554 on: January 11, 2018, 10:50:50 AM »

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all.

I'm an artist and animator from Venezuela, Nintendo enthusiast, and bass player!

I've been frequenting these forums for a while now, but I was always hesitant to make an account for whatever reason. Feels great to join such a legendary website!

I'm excited to contribute and share my work here, hopefully with a devlog of our game soon!

See you around! Smiley

Self-proclaimed game developer.
Makes art and animation for Underhero.
Legit Games
Level 0

Hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10555 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am the co-founder of Legit Games LLC -- a minuscule-sized indie game dev studio originally based out of San Francisco, CA.

We first started out working on a game entitled Glyphs of Eldamir (or just Glyphs for short) in our spare time way back in October 2013 (more than 4 years ago) but, sadly, due to the high-detailed pixel art style we chose to do and the overwhelmingly time-consuming sprite-frame based animations, the project stalled several times throughout the years and never progressed enough to have anything releasable. We haven't given up on it just yet, but in order to get something released, we decided last July to greatly simplify the art style and switch genres to a permadeath roguelike so that we can focus more on programming the actual game instead of being consistently blocked by the artwork.

The result? Glyphs of Eldamir: Roguelike Edition was born! We have been posting gameplay updates regularly on our Twitter account as they are built and just two days updated our website to reflect the new game instead of our previous one.

We will also be starting a Kickstarter campaign in the next several weeks; if you would like to see an early glimpse of the campaign and help us out by providing feedback, please Hand Point Right click here Hand Point Left

Thanks! Wizard

Killing a group of skeletons using a triple-shot bow

Wielding a spear to kill enemies using both melee and range attacks

Obliterating a mob of enemies with the meteor shower spell

Glyphs of Eldamir: Roguelike Edition – 2D retro-style dungeon crawler

**NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!**
portablefreegames
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10556 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

Hi everybody

My name is John and I run www.portablefreewaregames.com a small but fun freeware/open source/indie games website where all the games are packaged into single ready-to-run .exe files with no installation necessary.

If you have any questions about the website or if you are interested in having your game added to the website PM me and I'll help you out

zcul
TIGBaby

I want to make games, but I never get going.

View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: January 16, 2018, 12:13:17 PM »

Hello.

I am Andreas, I did some hobby coding in java for wurmonline both client and server, have a list of 10+ game ideas but I never get started on anything.

Hope to start something before my 50th birthday, which is closer than I would like :-)

/Andreas

Nomad Hermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10558 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »

Hello!!!

I'm Lênon Kramer, a Game Designer and eventual Programmer from Brazil.

I've already created some games for mobile, most notably We Are Illuminati and League of Gamers, both as Game Designer working for Tapps Games.

Now I'm on my dream road to indieness. I'm working on my first going-to-be-released game. I Designed it and am doind the code part, also marketing and all stuff, while a friend does the art. It's a puzzle game, called Epiphany. I'll talk about it on the DevLog. Smiley

Check out my Unity Roguelike Tutorial at http://nomadhermitsgrove.prometheaninteractive.com/
ayahuma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: January 18, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »

Hi, my name is Edgar, and I'm actually starting to make my first game, I love games, rpgs are my favs, I'm a big fan of the mother series and yume nikki, so right now i'm trying to make something inspired in those games, but also a bit personal, but i'm thinking in making a real rpg later when i learn more programming stuff.

I love drawing, making music and programming, so making games had to be the next step  Big Laff
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic