Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:22:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953327 times)
ottomaddox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10560 on: January 19, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »

hi all,

bryan here. I'm a Toronto-based dev, writer, and sound engineer. I've taken a roundabout path to game development through a lot of other creative/technical work (mostly in audio, but also web dev, carpentry, social service work, and a slew of weirder gigs), but I'm so thrilled to be here now.

I'm currently part of a two person studio called [bucket drum games]. Our first game, BIT RAT, is in active development, and we just released a standalone prologue called BIT RAT: Singularity. Our demo was a finalist at IndieCade this past fall, and we've been lucky enough to share the game at MAGFest (2017 + 2018) and Bit Bazaar in Toronto.

One of my main origin points for creative work is the DIY/punk scene, and I like to believe that the best things I learned there have carried over into my work as a dev: scrappy aesthetics, lots of noise, political and emotional engagement, and social responsibility. I'm working hard, anyhow!

Good to meet everyone (though, frankly, it may take me a year or so to go through all the intro posts)!

Take care,

bryan

accpi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: January 19, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »

Hey, I'm also a Toronto based dev! I'm just getting started, unfortunately have no experience in game coding but with other coding experience.

Heavily into D&D/table-top roleplaying games (I DM in a server of about 80), storytelling, and video game rpgs!

A friend and I have formed Star Cat Studio, a little indie that will be focused on narrative, player choice driven games. Our first game is going to be a slightly cyberpunk-y strategy game, looking forward to getting to a place that I can post screens, work on a dev log and learn from you guys.

As the coder and guy who's going to be hawkishly perusing the art boards here, I look forward to getting to know you guys.
bananatron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10562 on: January 19, 2018, 12:10:21 PM »

Hi there - long time TIG lurker, the stuff you guys do here is absolutely incredible and inspiring. I've made a few bad games and am always working on something game related.

DUKN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10563 on: January 20, 2018, 12:44:37 AM »

Hello guys, i'm DUKN a french architect. Two years ago at the office we decided to make a video game about astronauts doing sport in zero G. So we started a studio and learned UE4. Our project is called SUMOCRATS.

I come here because a lot of people tells me it's the perfect place to get some feedbacks and share ideas with indie devs. I came here before lurking a bit on your projects but never jump ahead. We are launching our alpha in few days so i guess it's the right time to join TIG.

Nice to meet you all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:53:06 AM by DUKN » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: January 20, 2018, 12:55:43 AM »

hi everyone

Wahtzy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10565 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:31 AM »

Heya everyone.

My name is David. I am a Computer Science student living in Copenhagen, and in my free time I either play games or (try to) create them.

I got into gaming when I was very young, and have played all sorts of games growing up. My family never really had money for consoles so most of my gaming was done on an old pc.
Some of the titles that got me into gaming in the first place was Roller Coaster Tycoon, Age of Empires II, Warcraft III and particularly their level editors (I also played the demo of a pretty obscure title Tanktics, and have never been able to find a playable version since). On my Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance I almost exclusively played Pokemon.
Later I sunk hundreds of hours into Garry's Mod and even later Minecraft.
I'm not sure what the best games ever made are, but my hall of fame definitly includes Half-Life 2, Bastion, Cave Story and Zeno Clash. I also adore the atmosphere in games like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series or games from Ice-Pick Lodge.

Right now I am working with my good friend Bertil https://twitter.com/WrinkledArt on a game called Journey of John, which will be a platformer set in a wacky universe where artichokes are sentient, the main gimmick is the way the character functions under physics.
I also like to make pixel art and other small projects. I usually post about that stuff on my Twitter.
Fun fact: I have never actually made a game from start to finish.

This would probably be my first time using a forum since asking about evolution levels on the now discontinued Official Danish Pokemon Forum probably more than ten years ago.

Excuse any bad phrasing, however much I'd like to say I'm fluent in English it's still my second language  Smiley

Thank you for reading,
David
Schiva
Level 0

Indie GameDev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10566 on: January 20, 2018, 07:59:59 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm an Indie GameDeveloper from Sweden.
Been working on my first game since march 2017: Ghostly Horizon.

I also work 40% as a Nurse Anesthetist, putting people under narcosis for surgery.

Here is a new Trailer for Ghostly Horizon:

Ghostly Horizon - GameDesigner / Programmer
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/700590/Ghostly_Horizon/
Discord: http://discord.gg/VwG4KYS
Caleb Cuzner
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10567 on: January 20, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »

Hello everyone, I am Caleb Cuzner, a video game music composer from the United States. I have been writing for games since 2007 and have written more than 1,000 compositions. Some of my favorite games I have written for are Beats of Fury, Kitchen Escape, Siege Wars, and Emberboy.

Video Game Music Composer
www.calebcuzner.com
Total tracks written: 1,010
Staleevolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10568 on: January 20, 2018, 07:48:06 PM »

GumDrop Slop will prevent you from advancing.

One of several retro beat em up throwbacks.  Know what this billboard
is in reference to?

Gumbley the Green Gummy Bear doesn’t play so nice.

A Logo!

Check out Sugarhigh blog with more updates and comic at www.pixelpopulation.weebly.com

Thank God for Pixels!
Keirley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10569 on: January 21, 2018, 01:26:32 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Nick Keirle. I'm from London but have lived in Japan for the past few years. I made a couple of twine games a while ago and I'm currently making a new text-based game in inkle's ink scripting language.

I'm interested in games about gradually exploring worlds, and building a character through interesting decisions in strange settings. I'm very influenced by games like Fallen London, Sunless Sea, inkle's Sorcery! series, etc. etc., but I also want to focus more on developing personal relationships with well fleshed-out characters.

What I'm working on now:

A text-based monster-trader simulator. Send out expeditions to find and capture rare beasts, then sell them on for profit and misfortune. Display them at the Royal Zoological Gardens for the edification of the masses. Render them into Bishop-fish pies and Dreamworm quiches. Encounter the Peatland Changeling and the Marrow-of-Crows, and the Hryggurlík. Wake paralysed under the crushing weight of Jenny Hogshead.

My two actual games that I made:

End Boss: (http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=yxwavkrledb9qn6k#memberReviews)

A ten-minute hypertext game about choice, and hindsight. Talk with the end boss of a fantasy RPG just before you face them in final battle. Keep talking to peel back the story of how you got here. Make choices - not about what your character did, but why they did it.

(Contains violence, distressing imagery, optional body horror, mild peril.)

Character Creator: (http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=3xyt658dy73thwt2)

A five-minute hypertext game where you create a character for an imaginary tabletop RPG:

"Welcome to the Spectrum Character Creator. This application will help you create a character for use in the Spectrum Role-Playing System (2nd Edition). Please begin by inputting your race, gender, and most crippling source of regret. "

Play the prototype for The Red Market here: https://haruspex-games.itch.io/the-red-market

If you like the game, or have suggestions feel free to comment on the DevLog thread: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65289.0

Or come say hello on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nickkeirle
dolmengame
Level 0

Dolmen The Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10570 on: January 21, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »

Hi! I'm Anchieta from Dolmen Project! We are a small group from Natal-RN/Brasil and we are working on game named Dolmen, the name of our studio is Massive Work Studio! And we are pretty excited to join your community and hopefully we can share experiences together to evolver as game developers!  Toast Right  Toast Left

We are not in the kickstarter yet, but soon we will!

Everyone are free to join our community and send your feedback, we are always ready to talk with anyone!

Here is our stuff:

Discord: http://bit.ly/2i0S7JV
Youtube: http://bit.ly/2hZAry5
twitter: http://bit.ly/2i07n9P
facebook: http://bit.ly/2hZf0NK
instagram: http://bit.ly/2i07yBX

excadedecadedecada
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: January 22, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

Hi, my name's Derek, a game dev from Portsmouth, Ohio--not typically a place known for its game development chops, but hey, the place has character, at least.

My co-worker and I have been working on a tactical, turn-based RPG called Bevontule for the past few years and we're heading to Kickstarter in ONE week. Pretty nervous, excited, thrilled and disgusted all at the same time. OK, maybe not disgusted. Ask me again in a month or so. :D
Benjamin Kuckuk
« Reply #10572 on: January 22, 2018, 03:04:46 AM »

Hi to all,

my name is Benjamin Kuckuk. I am from Germany a currently working as a freelance composer for video game music. Before that I worked as a programmer and created some game prototypes with UE4 in my spare time (did also two UE4 game jam submissions ^^). In my childhood I mainly played N64 games, but the school distracted me from that. So now I like to work in the video game industry, so I can put the "wasted hours" to a good use (take that, teachers and parents!).

http://benjaminkuckuk.com
wHoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: January 22, 2018, 03:28:20 PM »

Hello! I am a brand new developer just looking to get feedback on my first "finished" game. I stumbled upon tigsource when I was looking into devlogs. Smiley

Gigawatz
TIGBaby

it will be ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10574 on: January 23, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Caelan, 1/3 of the core team at Topstitch Games. Currently we're developing Treadnauts, a 2-4 player game about flying tanks!

I spent some time on the TIGForums waaay back when (like 2009) when I first started getting into indie dev. My old account info is certainly lost to time, but now I'm back! I'm excited to see how the community's progressed, what you're all working on, and to share my projects with you.
Shotgun Anaconda
Level 0

Shotgun Anaconda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10575 on: January 24, 2018, 05:36:35 AM »

Hello!

"longtime lurker first time poster" haha

Been surfing and reading devlogs for a really long time on TIG. I've been a hobby dev for some time now but it's not until this last year I really wanted to finish something just to cross it off the bucket list. So I'm working on a top-down shooter since thats what I enjoy and it's a mixup of Isaac and Max Payne. It's coming together nicely compared to everything else I've done before. I'm a one man band with a full time career so it's going slow but steady.

I'll post a devlog soon but I wanted to pop in and say hi first!

ps: Tried to do a profile pic but it never saved it no matter what link i put it so excuse the anonymousness.
Rinfowl
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: January 24, 2018, 04:16:04 PM »

I've been lurking around here for a long time, so I thought I'd just make an account. I'm currently trying to learn game development basics.

Just like poster above, I'm unable to upload my own avatar. Is there a post number required to upload one?
dotsMarc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10577 on: January 25, 2018, 01:36:36 AM »

Hello everyone ! I'am Marc, a french guy  Gentleman pushing pixels for years.
I enjoy working for mobile plateform, still my heart beats for indie development  Gomez.

See you soon
xpcopycat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: January 26, 2018, 06:23:53 AM »

Hello, I am xpcopycat.

The games that I played as a little kid where such well-renowned titles as "Carnival Games: Mini-Golf" for the Wii and the "Fate" demo that was included with HP computers in the 2000s, so, when I discovered that free indie games existed I became very interested in them, and that interest has apparently carried over into the present day because here I am. As of now, I'm mostly looking to follow projects and do playtesting, but I have some ability in programming and art, so I may start a project of my own some day.
Connway
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10579 on: January 27, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »

Hey all,

Been lurking, reading the Dev Logs for a long time. A lot of the stuff in there is really gorgeous and is very inspiring. I've been working solo on a project for a while. I've always considered joining an online development community, but I've always thought I've never had anything particularly interesting to add. Decided to stop making excuses and make an account. And you guys seem like a nice group of people.

I've been working in the games industry as a programmer for 6 years across two AAA studios. For 2/3rds of my career I have been working on game engines and have been working on my own game engine off and on for the last 7 years. I love working on game engines. I find it very satisfying when systems you've developed start working together. Like a lot of developers, I've always thought about trying to do my own games, but as you can imagine, making game engines is not exactly helpful in doing that anytime in the near future. Nowadays, I hop back and forth between working on my engine and working on a game in Unity.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic