Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:45:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943805 times)
fgdf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10620 on: February 22, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »

Hi! I'm a aspiring game developer by night, big dev-house design manager by day. I just finished my first game Cotrio - just like I promised my wife. It only took 2 years longer than planned. But that's cool  Well, hello there! I had a blast from coding, art to music composition.  Now I'll have a bit more time to play, I lag quite a bit.You can catch me on Twitter @bartobialek or at my personal website http://bialek.xyz and here's a gif from my latest game.

Move your brain and imagination with www.cotriogame.com  - available Mar 7 on iPhone & iPad
jaschutz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10621 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »

Hello! I'm a game developer from Tennessee.
I grew up a Nintendo boy, but have since become enamored with the alt-game scene.
My Itch page is: https://jamschutz.itch.io/.
Kevycat
Level 0

I'm just a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: February 24, 2018, 05:31:19 PM »

Hi there TIGsource! I'm Kevycat.  Tiger As a hobby I program (usually games) and play games. I have been programing for about two years and gaming as long as I can remember. I started on Khan Academy with their javascript tutorial, then learn some html, css, javascript and java before reaching where I am now developing a game with C++ and OpenGL.

blogcology
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: February 25, 2018, 01:36:18 AM »

Hi all,

I'm mostly a PC gamer for some time now, have experienced writing in OpenGL and have my own studio at http://mocap.com.au.
Right now I am working with UE4 and it's very hard.
eatfruit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10624 on: February 25, 2018, 12:07:14 PM »

:waaagh:greeting fellow creators, first post, i am an indie dev living in the green mossy forest of Oregon.

Hobbies are , programming, Game programming, Embarrassed  art, painting , Crypto currency enthusiast. Big Laff

Here to make fun and useful things for others.  Beer!

twitter: @eatmorefruit
steemit :anongmo  Cool

Mjeno
Level 1

Hi! I'm Julian, composer and PR & Community guy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10625 on: February 25, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »

Hi, everyone!

I'm Julian from Germany. I started working in the games industry as a freelance composer and sound designer a few years ago (www.mediacracy-music.com). That's recently taken a backseat to my new job as PR & Community for Prosperous Universe (www.prosperousuniverse.com), an upcoming space trading MMO. In my free time, I develop a 2D pixel art adventure together with my girlfriend and a few freelancers.

I've also been co-organizing a get-together for game developers and lobbying for a state fund for video games in my Bundesland. (Bundesländer are similar to states in the US.) We've had some success so far and will continue to push forward. (:

That's about everything I spend my time on. Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Héline
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10626 on: February 27, 2018, 01:41:18 AM »

Hi TIGSource !

I'm Héline, a 21 years old woman from France. As a fervent game lover (especially all the Nintendo licences), I really want to make my own game. I work on "Animal Crossing / Stardew Valley" game since one year.

I'm here because I want to meet other devs!

BLTeezyMcD
Level 0

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10627 on: February 28, 2018, 02:11:27 AM »

My name's Blake

I fell in love with game design by complete accident...this was never supposed to happen!

The first game I remember playing was Super Contra with my best friend James. He had a console. I would always cry after leaving his house as a result of Contra withdrawal symptoms...I think my parents were deeply confused by the whole thing.

When I was six, my family moved to the Kingdom on Swaziland (where I grew up) and my parents bought me a Golden China. The Golden China was a ripoff version of the NES, but heck, I didn't care. Afterall, I got to buy cartridges with 100 games on them - what great value for money (even though the same game would be repeated about 8 times).

I got a PS in my teens, and that is when my story of obsession with MGS began. That game still wrecks me. For safety reasons, it is better that I don't play it.

After HS, I went to uni and did a business degree, then I went to another uni doing a masters degree (in arts and social sciences) and it was during my masters that I started to delve into game making. I fell into it because I'd need a break from studying and I thought building a game could be pretty fun to do in my spare time...and now look at me!

I ended up falling for game dev so hard that it completely derailed my life's projected path. Since then, I've completed two really simple games, but my passion project over the last few years has been a game called Forgive Me My Henchmen - a 2D tower defence game where you play as the typical action movie head bad guy, deploying henchmen and sabotaging a building to delay a one-man army.It actually kickstarts tomorrow!

Even though I'm Australian, I've been back in Swaziland for the past while. It's a beautiful place, but there isn't much of a game dev scene, which is why when it comes to game dev stuff (and the game dev community) I've been pretty out of the loop. My encounters with other game devs have been few and far between - it was only cause of luck that someone recommended TIGForums to me yesterday!

Anyway, I'm part of this community now - I'm stoked to be here and will be sticking around. Thanks for having me guys Smiley If you're ever curious, you can check out my blog at http://www.eezystreet.com
DCGsoft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: March 01, 2018, 05:49:12 AM »

Small indie team member from Slovenia here!
Playing games since 1986
https://dcgsoft.itch.io/autocross-madness
Gafgar
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10629 on: March 01, 2018, 09:11:56 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm Gafgar (my parents and relatives tend to call me Anders for some reason though).

I'm a 31 year old game developer located in Sweden, Skövde. It's a small town, indicated by how difficult it is to find food when working late... not ideal for my habits.

I've been developing games since I was 11 years old, actually just now realized it's a staggering 20 years ago now  Shocked, and ever since the start I've been mostly in to 3D games, but have done some smaller 2D hobby projects too.

Me and some friends started our own game company, Coilworks, back in 2011 and it's where I still spend most of my waking hours. We've been around 5-6 people on and off, and so far released two commercial games; Cloudbuilt for PC in 2014, and Super Cloudbuilt for PC, Xbox One and PS4. Currently working on our next and newly announced project Riftbranded.

We are rolling our own engine and tools, and and it's been a long process to build everything up to where it is today (video below!). But things have taken shape pretty nicely. Looking forward to sharing more about the engine and tool development along with the game updates in the future Smiley Throughout out most of our company history we've been a small programming force of just two programmers, meaning we are each responsible for about 50% of the game and tools code. Other than programming I also have the role of Creative Director here at Coilworks, working on a lot of gameplay design, but also other smaller stuff in sounds design, art, and so on. I have my fingers in a lot of things.

The thing I've been absolutely worst on in my history as a game developer is the social part and interacting with other devs. So, I'm here as part of a little attempt to maybe start changing that Smiley

Toxic Geek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:15 AM »

Heeeeeeeello there!

I'm Toxic Geek and I'm a self-taught composer for 5+ years.

For my gaming tastes, I'm particuraly fond of Nintendo and indie games, with a preference for platformers, metroidvanias, RPGs and fighting games. I do enjoy some titles from SEGA and Ubisoft too.

I came here hoping to get to work with gamedevs and other experienced composers, and maybe to get a job too.

You can check my music here: https://soundcloud.com/oxiceek/tracks

Bye!
CrawlSpace
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10631 on: March 02, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »

Hello TIGSource!

My name is Eli, but I go by Crawlspace when I release my games. I'm a student and game developer.I split my time between the Mid-West and the East Coast of the US.

I've been making games for a couple years now, mostly self-taught. Most of the games I make are in Unity, though sometimes I experiment with other small platforms like Twine or Flick Games.

All of my published games can be found here: https://crawlspacestudio.itch.io.

I'm here to talk about game development and get feedback. I'm also always open to talking about collaborations.

~bye for now
Claws_Up_Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: March 06, 2018, 04:58:37 AM »

Hi everyone !

I'm Bastien from Claws Up Games. Our game studio was created last October and we've been working on our first game for about 2,5 years.

It's a local multiplayer fighting game called CHOP, halfway between party games and competitive fighting games.
http://chop-thegame.com/

We are a team of 5 people and i'm the programmer and Game Designer of the team.
Andrew Salamander
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10633 on: March 06, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »

Hi I'm Andrew, a teacher and programmer and musician and the sole developer of In Retrospect, an action platformer about your life.

In Retrospect, a console style runner where your decisions affect the story and gameplay: http://www.inretrospectgame.com
Blankete
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: March 14, 2018, 02:28:34 AM »

Hello to the people! My nace is Juan, i'm from Spain.

Right now I´m a gamer developer, trying to find a place in this big ocean.

Hope you like my creations!
probe31
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10635 on: March 14, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »

Hi, My name is Bhérring, I'm peruvian and I am a game dev and I love pixel art games and gamejams.  Wink
datagoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10636 on: March 16, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »

Hi! I'm Vinícius, an artist and programmer from Brazil.

I'm 25 and have played around with game development for a while, but now I want to try and make it my livelihood.

Can't wait to start sharing my stuff with you guys! Cheers!

ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10637 on: March 18, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »

Hi World,

We're Obscure Tales, an indie game studio from Spain. We're working in our first project.

Looking forward to be part of this great community!
rasterzone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: March 18, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »

Hi!
I'm Alan, and I first got interested in making games when I was 14. (Back in the day in '98!) At the time, I was playing SimCity 2000, and I found people online making custom maps for the game using something called QBASIC. I looked into QBASIC, and that's when I discovered computer programming! The whole idea of being able to make my own programs fascinated me, so I decided to start learning how to make my own games with QBASIC. I started learning computer graphics programming first. It was so interesting, I forgot to come up with game ideas lol. But I kept busy learning the fundamentals of computers and programming, and this led me down the path of a  Computer Engineering degree, and a job as an automotive software engineer.

Fast forward to 2016 - I had some free time and some spare cash, so I decided to re-visit making games for real. I started Rasterzone Entertainment, and I've made one mobile game already called Gallery Hero, which is a color-based puzzle game for Android and iOS. I'm working on my next mobile game, Harry and Larry, which is coming out next month, April 25th! Check it out at HarryandLarry.com!

obsidian1269
Level 0

Bananapants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10639 on: March 19, 2018, 12:47:44 AM »

Hi I'm Rob! I released a neat little language learning video game on Steam a few years back called Influent. It teaches vocabulary and pronunciation in 18 different languages and has enabled me to start a small company with some friends and build another game. Our company is called Three Flip Studios and we've been working on our new game, called Armed and Gelatinous for nearly 4 years now and it's getting really close to completion so I wanted to come here and present it to the TIG Source community. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic