Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:58:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943157 times)
Gamer Pod UK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10680 on: April 21, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »

Hey guys and girls, my first post here...I'm the PR and marketing lead for LSO Game Studios, looking for some advice and ideas to help build a massive world that is perfect for gamers. The game starts with 4 main races, each with specific abilities and racial bonuses, each starting area is huge! We need help with python programming too, it is a struggle atm, but we are plowing through!

Game: Era Of Brutality - MMORPG

Mid game progress of production, hoping to release alpha in the coming months.

Screenshots:
http://www.lso-gamestudios.com/era-of-brutality/
https://www.gamerpoduk.co.uk/media
https://www.facebook.com/groups/604220453120169/

Currently aimed at PC only atm, but might be looking at porting onto console at some point.

Feedback: Looking for feedback on the look so far, what type of things put you off MMORPG games, what would you like to see added? We are working hard to push this game forward!
Lance of Longinus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: April 22, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »

I tried making video games for most of my life, but so far without success.
Right now I'm working on a survival horror game.

I tried for the first time to learn programming long ago, but I gave up.
For many years I mostly messed around with various RPG Makers,
though since the last half year I'm trying to get into 3D engines
and for that purpose I'm trying to learn programming again.

Generally I try making all assets of my projects myself as far as possible, so I have some experience with 3D modeling/animation and I've tried making my own music, though I would consider myself rather average in all this.

I also used to like drawing, but since I've finished high school my motivation went away and my drawing skills have been declining since than.

At the moment I'm studying communication design, and this generally helped me a lot with getting better at 3D modeling and other things. So about slightly more than half a year ago I released a demo for a game I'm working on, though this also made me notice that trying to make a survival horror game with the RPG-Maker is generally a bad idea.
tibo3000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10682 on: April 23, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »

Heyyy

My name is Tibo, I'm a creative fellow from Paris France. I learned drawing and making music as a kid and later when growing up I learned to code. I am now a freelance fullstack web developer but I'm trying to quit doing that to become a fulltime creative and use all my skills as a job. Game development thus seems a perfect place to start with! I've already made a game, an idle-strategy clicker game for iOS which I'm about to release soon, and I'm now working on a second more complex project about dance, fight and conflict-resolution Smiley

Nice to meet you all, and super glad to join this forum!
Tibo.

Instagram : @tibo3000
Twitter: @tttiiibbbooo
Itch.io : tibo3000
Narehop
Level 0

@GoldenScythe2

View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: April 24, 2018, 05:05:58 AM »

Good morning! So glad to be around here! My name is Hector although the internet Call me Narehop. I am illustrator and animator 2d, currently working as Game Artist in a studio in Barcelona and in my spare time I am developing my own game called "Train to Nowhere: Last Station" a graphic adventure type Point-and-click with a retro style.
mazukta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: April 24, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »

Hi! My name is Daniil and I'm an artist and programmer from Saint Petersburg, Russia.

Right now I'm working on a city-builder game about an underworld city and a flying ships. I hope to share some details and art in a devlog later. Coffee
josyanf1
Level 0

@josyanf1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10685 on: April 25, 2018, 06:24:52 AM »

Hello, my name is José.

Mainly I program, but I also draw some graphics in pixel-art, I create sound effects in chiptune and whatever is necessary for my projects.

I am currently working on Value Boy. (Soon I will do a devlog)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/josyanf1/value-boy-a-new-modern-arcade

If you want to see the progress of the game or ask me questions, I leave you my Twitter Wink
https://twitter.com/josyanf1

A greeting!

Lifesoft
Level 0

Make your dreams come true

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10686 on: April 28, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »

Hello everybody first of all my english is good but not excellent so i'm sorry if i have and mistake on this redaction, let's start for the beginning, im from Mexico and im living on Saltillo,Coahuila at the north of the country.

I started with this of the videogame since i know the PlayStation, that was love when i saw it, so the people gets old and im not the exception, when i was 7 i have a lot of videogame console, i remember the original Xbox, the Xbox 360, the PlayStation,the PlayStation 2, the PSP, and a Nintendo game cube.

When i was 8, i move to Saltillo and there is when all this begins, i start to introduce myself to the computers world, because in the new city i dont have any friend, only my computer and me, so you can imagine how much i learn with the internet and the computer.

Actually i have 17 years old, but i start to learn about programming and games coding when i was 12, i met unity 3d and i just can pass all the day watching videos about how to do videogame in unity 3d, but the problem was my computer, an old computer with intel Pentium and 2 gb of ram without graphics card Sad

But when i was in the highschool i promise to myself do my first videogame, so in the summer vacations, when i pass from 2nd semester to 3rd semester i start to really learn about how to do videogames that in 2016, i made some ugly games and some practices, but finally after that, i make my first videogame:

FIRE AND MAN

Before Fire And Man i do some games but that games arent really good games, after finish Fire And Man i started with my next videogame, FIRE AND MAN 2, i worked really hard in that game because i want to introduce to this game some easter eggs and i talk to different indie developers, but when least expected it, my computer starts to fail and all ends with a black screen, yes really sad Cry
but i dont give up, i have 3 months to do a videogame and i work really hard in my next game,now named

Fire And Man Prologue:

And now i talk you about The Beauty of The Butterfly, my last game, The Beauty of The Butterfly is a platformer game based in the life of the monarch butterflies, and thats my precious baby because i work for more than 6 months in this game, i made the music,the concept design,the enviroment,the character and all, the game was released on march 21th and now you can download the demo or buy the full version

The Beauty of The Butterfly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cfWoLaUino

Now im working in a new videogame, its a top down shooter and i think this game takes me more than a year because is a really big project, i think in make a Kickstarter campaign but first i need to be an adult so for the moment i only work in the game...

And thats all about me, i still working in more videogame for a long long time. Wink

Rub3n2000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: April 29, 2018, 06:59:23 AM »

Hello, my name is Ruben  Smiley I am a solo-indie dev. I primarly code, But like to do Everything myself, despite being awful at the rest. I study high school on the side, But will go on to a more game-dev related college later. I got introduced to games at the age of 7, primarly through counter-strike (I know, How awful, blame my older brother). Later I have gone on to enjoy fine games such as league of legends, skyrim, witcher And so on. I got into game-dev, wanting to Learn the skills neccesary to create my own rpg, AS I felt that most rpg’s is just barely missing the mark for me.

My favourite game is mass effect.
WhiteRedEye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: April 29, 2018, 07:48:05 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Jason.

I've dabbled in programming for about 4 years, although I've only really started making a more frequent habit of working on projects with any regularity this year.  I started small and simple (a hangman console application in C#) and have been gradually increasing the size and complexity of the projects I work on as I learn more. So far I've only made clones of simple arcade games, but I'm getting closer to being confident enough to make something original.  I also dabble a little in pixel art, but drawing has never been my strong point and I'm pretty slow at improving my skills in that area.  That doesn't stop me from trying though!  Cheesy

I guess my first experience with games was when I was young and my dad bought a Commodore Amiga 500, although I didn't really become a "gamer" until I bought the PSX as a teenager.  It wasn't until much later that I ever really considered having a go at making games myself.  I think what inspired me was the great indie titles coming out in the early '10s.  Jasper Byrne's Lone Survivor in particular was an inspiration.  I'd always been a fan of the early Silent Hill games, and I think seeing how well the atmosphere and spirit of those games were captured in this small, retro style game made by a solo indie dev made me want to try to make something myself.

My all time favourite games include:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Bioshock
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Undertale

I would say these games are all pretty influential on me in terms of design, each for a different reason as these games share little in common obviously.

I guess that's all there is to me when it comes to games, I'm looking forward to participating here, learning from everyone and discovering some cool indie games while I'm at it  Smiley
TinyTrinket Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10689 on: April 29, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Stefan from TinyTrinket Games. We are a small indie studio of 3 people based in Bucharest, Romania. Our studio was created last year but we have been working on games for far longer, having released a few games independently, both for PC and mobile. And we have been playing games for far longer than that – we actually started playing games in the early 90’ on what was the local interpretation of the ZX Spectrum (read: far worst), but once you start gaming, you’re hooked – even in 16 colors (read: shades of whatever passes for gray on your old tv).  And that brings us here, some (many) years later, trying to create games that people enjoy playing – modern but with an old-school feeling to them.

We're glad to become part of this community and we’re happy to share our work with you. Our current game, Azuran Tales: Trials is a slow-paced platformer with, yeah, an old-school feeling to it,  straightforward and hard to beat - we have just released a demo for the game – you can check it out on itch.io or gamejolt.

Thanks!
deliberative
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10690 on: April 30, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »

Hi Everyone!

My name is Nick Morris from Deliberative Entertainment in Toronto. Glad to be finally posting on this forum after stalking it for a long while. Game design has been a passion for nearly all my life. As a naive but enthusiastic 9-year old in the early 90s, I used to send letters to Nintendo, Sega, Maxis...with pages and pages of my handwritten game ideas  Cheesy. For some strange reason they never signed me to a contract  Shrug But a dream was born.

I grew up playing SimCity, Civilization, Transport Tycoon, Command & Conquer, Age of Empires (all the originals), and fell in love with management sims and RTSes. Later on, I landed in a marketing career after going to business school, and game development was for a while "just" a hobby, albeit a very time-consuming one. In the past few years, I recommitted myself fully to it, and I'm finally making Keep the Peace (http://playktp.com), an in-depth law enforcement strategy game. It's a passion project I started toying with as a teenager, and I'm extremely excited to have an opportunity (if all goes well!) to finally bring it to fruition.

Looking forward to participating in the community and meeting more of the folks here!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Nick

Keep the Peace, an in-depth law enforcement strategy game under development for PC
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/396893101/keep-the-peace-in-depth-police-strategy
omar404
« Reply #10691 on: May 01, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »

Hello
My name is Omar
My main interests are writing and 3D.  Wizard
nixair
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: May 02, 2018, 06:16:31 PM »

Hey tigsource friends,

I'm Nick. I do code and art.

My buddy Phillip and I have been working on Lost Bits for a while and soon we'd like to release a demo to see if there's any interest in our project. I'll provide more info later, but here's a couple screen shots:

Cave Story is probably my favorite game of all time, and a major inspiration for me to make games.  Cave Story

reach me @nicksayre
vapordev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: May 03, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »

Hey guys, my name is vapordev. Currently am a solo game programmer/artist/music composer.
My main interests are isometric games or games that look like dioramas.
My favorite games are SMT Nocturne, Ys and the Kiseki series.

Nice to meet you!

Follow me on Twitter @DevVapor
k202
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: May 04, 2018, 01:09:49 AM »

We are Polish game design studio in Warsaw. Presently we are working on a game called The Berlin Wall.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/836880/The_Berlin_Wall/

Have a great day!
Xeeko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10695 on: May 07, 2018, 01:50:03 AM »

Hello there!

Game developer from Gothenburg, Sweden here. My games can be seen at www.jm-j.com
tgfantomass
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »

Hi, my name is Illmar, I'm from Krasnoyars, Russia. It's a distant city in the middle of nowhere in Siberia ("look and feel" Wizard). So, between some secret rocket science and hacking elections all over the world, me and my friends, we making games Smiley

Some time ago we decide to try out a mobile gamedev. Starting small, growing slow, aiming in heads and souls. So, how well it go, I'm going to share on this forum too Wink

We didn't build any meaningful social pressence yet, so this is our start. Wish us luck! Beer!

This is our firs game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mechanical_spiders.rolloblox. You will be able to learn more about it from a topic in playtesting section.. which i going to create.. now.. i guess.. Smiley

upd. Сreated it: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=64803.0 Beer!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:34:13 PM by tgfantomass » Logged

willthetarget
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: May 11, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »

Hi everyone!

I have been dabbling with game development for the better part of a decade now. I've made a ton of minigames, basic graphics and sounds, but to date have made no large-scale projects. Officially a few months ago I started work on one and I'm excited to share more when that time comes!

For now, I'm here to chat, network and enjoy my time in the community Smiley
Ikey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: May 11, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »

Hello everyone!
Name's Ivan and I'm working as a freelance writer for an indie mobile game. Huge fan of tabletop-RPGs, coffee, and strategy games. Not much to tell, really Smiley
magggas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: May 12, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »

Hello guys, i'm magggas and i'm a Game developer for the OpenBOR(Open Beats of Rage) Engine. OpenBOR is a 2D gaming engine that allows you to create side scrolling beat 'em ups or even platformer games. You can read more about the OpenBOR Engine here: http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/

The games i have make so far are:
1. Mortal Kombat Outworld Assassins 2009-20010 (updated 2018)
2. World Heroes Supreme Justice Extra 2010-20013 (updated 2018)
3. Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate 2013-2017 (updated 2018)

And yes, i like to play games as well  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic