Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:12:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952330 times)
AncientGamesDS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: May 15, 2018, 05:39:16 AM »

Hey guys!

My name is Mimis from Ancient Games DS, the London-based independent game development studio responsible for 'Maximum Car' and 8-BIT Waterslide'. I've been a lurker for a while and I'm excited to finally participate Smiley.

PsyRob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: May 15, 2018, 06:32:48 AM »

Righteo, then )

My name is Nikolay. I live in Russia. Also I happen to be the head of PsyRob studio and we're making this visual novel called Project Pastorate.

I'm an author myself, have a few books published now and so I decided to make a game for a change.

We've been working on it for quite some time already and recently got it to Steam with a release to follow in late may.
Hopefully the players will like the setting, and art, and story. Fingers crossed )

CheeeerZ, guys. Please take care and have a good one.
StalinCats
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: May 15, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »

Hello, my name is Cat, Joseph Cat. I am an junior Android games developer from Russia.

I come here to represent my first game, named Stalin Cats.

In Russian local forums my project was totally destroyed, so now i want to see what you think about my hardwork.

Also, i hope i can learn something here. Thank you!
mooligames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10703 on: May 16, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »

Hi, I'm Riccardo from Italy.

Working in little videogames since 1999, my best works are "NaaC", "(this is a) META game!" and "Pablo Cavarez".
ah of course many unfinished games and project.

I'm basically an artist, I use traditional and digital way to draw or paint, I usually compose music for my games and my first instrument is the piano/keyboard (I'm a harpsichord-lover, an amazing instrument)

Glad to be part of TigSource.
Tnx all
OrganicRobotGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10704 on: May 17, 2018, 04:39:34 AM »

Hi,

I'm Mate from Hungary, owner of the almost-one-man dev team Organic Robot Games. Currently we are preparing to release our first game, Corpse Mob on Steam.
PeterR
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: May 20, 2018, 04:00:21 AM »

Hello,
My name is Peter Rylander, 42 years old from Sweden. I've never made a complete game before. Mostly 3d prototypes/demos in Blender some 18 years ago. For the last few years I've worked in Gamemaker instead. As most of you it's part time when work and other activites with family is done. This hasn't made my efforts very coherent.
To change that and realy give my long time dream a real chance I am going to take a year of leave from my work and take game development, game design and animation courses. During this year I'm going to complete a game that I've been working on that I'm calling "They came from the Castle". To enhance my chances I'm going to keep style and graphics simple. So it's not going to be a unique game with unique features. Instead I'm simply going to make a simple game that has elements from games I liked and enjoyed when I was a kid in the 8/16 bit era. This include games like Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania. I was also a huge fan of tv-shows like He-man and Thundercats when I was a kid.

To get started I've put upp two play test videos on Youtube that you can watch. As soon as I've got the game website up there will also be a devlog here on TIGSource with a playable test.  I'm looking forward to recive input, feedback from all of you.
Thank you/
Peter Rylander

First prototype in GM1. Mostly to try things out in GM and get a feel for what the game could look like.

Reworked in GM2, with new movement, animation, gui, damage etc.

osk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: May 22, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm Oscar, I'm from Paris, France, I've written about games for a little over 15 years for 20 different sites and press outlets and I've worked on AAA and serious games and learning games and on indies.

My studio is called Them Games and I work for a distribution platfom that's indie Friendly called Blacknut Smiley
I won't bother you with the details but if you're interested, please reach me via MP I talk about games for a living <3

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:29:55 AM by osk » Logged
Daywalker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: May 22, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »

Hi I am noob programmer, but I trying my best!!
I making a website, too, ssjstash.net, but I still only playing games not making many games

but a shadow of the past ..
vfqd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10708 on: May 22, 2018, 11:37:56 PM »

Hi all, I'm vfqd - I'm a programmer and pixel artist from South Africa

I'm working on a full version of my game, Element Crush, that won 3rd place overall for the compo in Ludum Dare 41.

Head over to the devlog if you're interested https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=64900.0 

Cheers

elgato
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »

Well, hello there everyone!

I have been a gamer since young childhood, grew up with a Gameboy and a SNES and ever since then, fighting games where my favourite cup of tea.
From Street Fighter to Mortal Kombat, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters and on to Tekken and Def Jam: Fight for NY you can be sure that I played the crap out of all of them.

Also when I discovered M.U.G.E.N. like 12 years ago, I invested alot of time in that putting together fighting game compilations and whatnot however I imagined them to be.

But honestly said, that little playing around with MUGEN, which is probably childs play to the most of you, is basically all I have done on the side behind the curtain.

So yup I'm basically a bloody noob when it comes to actually creating stuff yourself. Whether it's scripts or sprites.
But yeah, what's a guy gonna do, if he, like me has this great idea and images of a fighting game swirling around in his head for ages now. An idea that somehow, even if I abandoned it at times, my mind kinda always comes back to?
I dont want to go down the what if? route in life, so I'd rather start somewhere and try to get the best out of my ideas even if it might end up as a project that is impossible to complete. At least that way I'll be able to say, hey yo at least I tried when I look back sometime when I'm an old and grumpy man haha.

So yeah, that's how it all came down to me signing up here, as I said, you gotta start somewhere and maybe this is the place where I can get the kind of knowledge & insights and learn from people that are way ahead of me.
Silvervale
Level 0

Silvervale

View Profile
« Reply #10710 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

Hello! I'm Jeremy, a hobby game dev in the USA with really bad project ADD. For the past dozen years I seem to like to start as many projects as possible and seem to finish as few as possible. It's really annoying, but I'm trying my best to get better at finishing games I start. I've been a lurker here for awhile so I decided I should finally join the forums and comment on everybody's sweet games! Also I am 100% self taught, so I want to be able to ask questions from some pros along the way  Well, hello there!

My preferred game engine is GameMaker, but I also really enjoy Blender Game Engine (UPBGE) and I dabble with Unity.

Gomez

BulchyC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: May 24, 2018, 01:54:49 AM »

Oh boy I've been lurking here for quite a while so probably about time I did a proper intro huh?

My name is Chris, I'm a solo developer. You might have heard of a game I made a few years ago Americlap, which did the rounds at the time, but otherwise nothing that made as much of an impact. I'm currently working on my first commercial game Rocket Punch, which I think might be the only PlayStation Camera game being made right now, and I'm hoping to keep a devlog of here.

Warning - It's real dumb:

I got into game development mostly as a hobby after I finished uni and was trying to figure out what to do with myself, a few corporate jobs which I hated later and I decided to quit all that, get a part time job in a shop, and make a real go of the games thing.
I've had a little success so far since unveiling Rocket Punch to the world, with the game popping up in Polygon, and I'm aiming to get things released in about a years time.
While making that I'm also keeping a devlog on YouTube, that I'm trying to make more entertainment than in depth technical stuff.

Here's me (owl for scale):

Can't wait to be less of a lurker around these parts! Talk to you all soon.
BoneVolt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: May 24, 2018, 05:29:39 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm an indie dev, working on my first intended commercial game, on a team of two people.
nuflow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: May 26, 2018, 03:20:55 AM »

Hi all, I'm new here  Waaagh!

I've been playing games since I was a small small kid, so like 1994. SNES  Cheesy

I still love to game, and I spend a lot of my damn money on it... I guess I play a lot of indie games compared to the average gamer, a few more mainstream ones with friends like Overwatch.

Asides from that I work in advertising, unfortunately I haven't ever got to work on any game releases. The same logic applies though so I may well share some tips for the indie devs in the house to help them get more exposure.

Anyway this looks like a really cool forum.

Gentleman
antho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10714 on: May 26, 2018, 10:57:08 AM »

Hello everyone!
I am a person and I'm making a game Smiley Originally from the UK, now living in the Czech Republic, obsessed with gamedev since I got my pudgy toddler hands on the Shoot-Em-Up-Construction kit for the C64..

I went through various ordeals in my life recently which made me decide to live on instant noodles and chase the dream of actually learning how to make a game.. Which is now almost nearly kind of finished.

My wise and generally excellent friend pixeltrickery recommended I join you all to get some much needed expertise about how to get it ready for the world to play.. Nice to meet you all!
profound_desperado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10715 on: May 26, 2018, 08:36:26 PM »

Hi! Name's Chris & I'm developing an online collectible card game (CCG) with my co-founder - launching the Kickstarter in a few weeks. Recently quit my job as a sysadmin to work on this game full-time Smiley

My favorite game of all time (aside from ours!) has to be Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (the PSP version!). Right now, just working on the game like crazy & doing pre-marketing which is sooo much fun (sarcasm).

I'm currently living in Hawaii & was in a bunch of places before that when I was still in the Air Force - moving to Michigan soon for the game. Good to be part of this community!

Co-founder of Alliance Aligend - an online collectible card game. Contact us for free early access!
htmlhigh5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: May 26, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Ian, I'm a college student studying computer science. I started programming games when I was about 13, and I haven't made anything too impressive since! I enjoy making casual games for my website. Outside of game programming I really enjoy playing soccer, hiking, and most anything outdoors! My day-job is website development.
Thank you all for having me!
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10717 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Vittorio and I write from Italy.
I work as a gameplay and AI designer here in Italy, and I studied computer engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.

My favourite games are RPGs and, in general, games with a good compelling story.
Really love stuff as D&D, Final fantasy, Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts (Best game series ever), but I also like every other kind of game.

I really can't get enough of games, playing or making them doesn't change much for me.
That's why I'm starting to develop something all by myself, just have to figure what I want to do yet.

So, hello everyone again.
If you want to keep in touch with me please, don't be shy and PM me.

Nice to meet you!
AlbertoFdzM
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: May 29, 2018, 04:14:42 AM »

Hi my name is Alberto from Madrid, Spain. I work as a Frontend Developer and play/make games in my free time.

Not sure yet if I want to be a full-time game developer but I'll like to try.

I like pixel art, and my favorite games/sagas are Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Zelda, GTA...

Currently, I'm doing a little pixel art platformer game on my own using Unity3D and Aseprite.

That's me, hope to be known a little around the forum some day.

Regards.
MiguelExposito
Level 0

Game Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10719 on: May 29, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »

Hi!

I'm going to introduce myself.

My name is Miguel, I'm from Badajoz (Spain) and actually I'm the game designer of Not 4 Humans, an indie dev team.

My current skills are:
- Game/Level Design.
- Generalist 3D.
- A few programming skills for Unity (C#).

In the past, I worked as modeller, animator and vfx artist in a shortfilm called "Gea". Also, I worked as game designer and 3d generalist in several games, but only one was released (aMAZEing Hamster, only in android).

I love play videogames, in console or pc. I really like games like The Last of Us, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War4, Total War Saga (Rome, Shogun and Warhammer), Digimon World... Classics like The Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Tombi, Medievil... And a tons of games more.

So, nice to meet you!
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic