Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:51:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950828 times)
DanTheMan112
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: May 29, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »

Time to introduce myself:

I'm Daniel, I'm a computer programmer who lives out here in Wyoming, and I used to work on Legends of Aria which is coming on Steam either this year or the next, and my most recent job was working for Immigration downtown in Washington D.C. as a software engineer. Currently I'm going back to school at University of Wyoming and majoring in GIS as I'm pretty bored with working in professional software development, though I'm still accepting remote work as it stands.

I work on a project of mine in my spare time, though I know a bunch of languages since I've been writing code since 2006 and I've worked on a few mods for various games. Game development is now a hobby for me, but it's something I've always wanted to do anyway!

Looking forward to talking to you all on the forums! Grin
Saladin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: May 31, 2018, 01:35:58 AM »

Hi to all
this is Faisal or call me by my warrior name "Saladin"
:smile:
I am Faisal. Shanghainese . Ever visited china? no ok.. i would strongly recommend to visit china or atleast shanghai. you can see the gamers here walkiing, dancing , singing, running while playing games on theor smartphones.  Pretty weird but solid nah ? So  about  me,  its been not so long that i have been involved in gaming and gaming community world wide.  I think gamers are the most commited, trust worthy honest individual (besides they used cheat codes sometime) than other human beings living on the face of earth. Playing Rise of civilization for quite a month and
pretty solid and lots of fun.
Just published it a month ago. TIGsource community may likes it too. We are based at shanaghai. Follwoing pic is not relevant but we were ready to play it and suddenly as being freakin selfie guy, i took one.

here you can see three races prepare to play one game.
lol.. French guy seems more happy.
me as a Brown one, just giving light smile  to remain  gentleman. You can see chinese too, our lord for gaming. Wanting to tell you guys more about the game we usually play. We are fans of massive strategy PVP mobile games like Rise of civilization. This is only available in in  north america and europe region.
This is not typical strategy game, it does have unique features of its own. You can select greatman for your empire to grow. Avail the services of greatman like George Washington. His skilss in this game is to reduce the time to produce lumber for your empire. It is needed to construct building in your fantasy empire. So if you have washington in your greatman list, you as Lord will be good at farming.  

thats pretty much  iam doing these day. Have a good day.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 01:45:08 AM by Saladin » Logged

if you say something, do it. or atleast ..no way, do it.
http://bit.do/RiseofCivilization
Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: May 31, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »

Hey Guys Good Day :D

Im new here . . .  Sorry if im more of a gamer than I am a developer >.<
Hope I can learn some new stuff here :D I've been on this forums as a guest for awhile now and now I just registered so I can follow a few notable games like the Stone Story RPG. I would like to learn how to code soon after. I work in marketing for a game dev studio in the Philippines.

I have been a gamer since age 4 in 1999. I've played Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past till the more recent ones, Starcraft Series, Warcraft 3 and WOW, KOTOR to SWTOR and a few more. Though the most influential game I have ever played in my life was Harvest Moon.

Hope to get to know you guys soon :D

Olezen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10723 on: June 01, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »

Hi!
My name is Ole, and I'm from Norway, which probably explains why you can't pronounce my name. I'm 16 years old, and I've been making games for about 4 years now I think? I'm new to TIGSource, although I have read some posts here from time to time.
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I would say my favourite game is Super Metroid, and I mostly play Counter-Strike.

Have a nice day!

planargazer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10724 on: June 02, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »

Hi, All!

My name's Zachary Crownover, and I'm currently working as an independent game developer in Springfield, MO, USA. I studied philosophy for many years, but after finishing graduate school and beginning to (VERY briefly) teach the subject matter, I realized that my true passions lay elsewhere (I still love philosophy, of course, but not necessarily as a profession); I eventually ended up getting a job at a local bar while going back to school to study computer science.

Fast-forward about four years, and I was working as a software developer in the corporate market, having taken the gig to both build up my skills as a programmer and amass a bit of savings. I'd started some indie projects over this period of time, but failed to complete any of them due to scope issues (the ability to recognize and manage scope is probably the single most important skill I learned from my time as a gainfully employed developer), and so I eventually began to focus on a project that I was positive I could complete by myself in a reasonable amount of time. Six months later, I went full-time indie. It's now six months after that, and I'm equal parts elated and terrified.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you!
DrunkardWolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10725 on: June 02, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Joseph, I make games under the name DrunkardWolf (I like wolves and beer  Beer!). I've recently finished my first year studying Comp Sci for Game Dev at Northumbria Uni in the UK. I have made around 9 games so far, my biggest and most recent project is Undead Valley. Its a Zombie Survival RPG that is inspired by Stardew Valley and the Walking Dead. (Here's some screenshots for those who are interested https://imgur.com/a/66kWYNd)

All of my projects are available here: https://drunkardwolf.itch.io

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/DrunkardWolf, I'm pretty friendly and love making new game dev friends, so be sure to hit me up!

Play my games at https://drunkardwolf.itch.io/<br />They all suck, but whatever.
Gart
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10726 on: June 03, 2018, 07:32:47 AM »

Hey, my name is Garrett. I'm an artist/animator first and foremost. I'm slowly working on a game, as well as being the sole animator on an animated series. I make stuff that looks kinda like this

and I'm excited to keep pursuing game-art.
DavidRyatta
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: June 08, 2018, 06:11:58 AM »

Hey Everyone!

I'm Ryatta, professional Technical Animator by day... part time everything else by night!

I do art, animation Unreal Blueprint developing and really anything else that seems like fun. After a few years of working on other peoples projects i wanted to start my own so i've spent the last few months building little bits of the game and now I've just started putting everything together into something that is functional as a game.. if not filled with anything that can be considered anything other than proxy art.

unless anyone is particularly interested in seeing the early beginning of a JRPG done in Unreal Bleuprint it's probably too early to be showing it off yet.. but here's my site with other bits and pieces I've done for anyone who wants to see some cooler more complete games i've been a part of

http://davidryattawyatt.wixsite.com/portfolio

Happy GameDev-ing
zayoboyo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »

Sup guys!

My name is Peter, I'm a full-time PHP dev based in Central Europe!

I am currently developing my first mobile game with my girlfriend. I am doing all the tech-y stuff (programming, game design) and she's obviously the artist, as most girlfriends are. Grin

We were inspired by Tim Burton, so we went for similar art in our game. We called the game Sky Sailors since it's about two sad characters flying through the skies with their umbrellas. Here's a title screen:
https://gfycat.com/HugeGlumCommabutterfly

I am planning to start a devlog here so I have a bigger motivation to work on the project daily.

Thank you!
Roneus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: June 10, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »

Hey gang,

My name is Eric. I'm a billing analyst trying to break out of that life and into a life of game-making. I've been making attempts at solo-developing games for about 4 years now, off and on. Have yet to complete a project, but I'm hoping the next one is the one.

I got into gaming when I was really young, playing NES and Atari at my grandmother's house with my brother and cousin. Then we moved on to PC and SNES, which is where I found my first 2 favorite games in Secret of Mana and Lords of the Realm.

I've been a gamer my whole life. Most recently I've been heavily invested in Rocket League, getting as high as top 300 players in the world and a top 16 team in the world. The skill level has continued rising and I've apparently peaked, so I'm back to trying to make a game rather than be a pro-gamer.

Outside of gaming, my hobbies include juggling, rock-climbing, ninja warrior training, running, ultimate frisbee, and slacklining.

I got into programming in high school and never stopped.

Can't wait to be a part of the community!

-Roneus
GOFIG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10730 on: June 13, 2018, 06:35:35 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm GOFIG, and I make a Twitter account dedicated to make indie games known.
I write only positive posts in a cheerful tone ; since i focus on curated content, I leave all the negative reviews to the already many gaming news sources ^^

After years of having my heart broken seeing great indie games not get the coverage they deserved, I decided to be pro-active and give back to this great community that provided me with so many games.

Right now my account is still small, but hopefully one day I'll be big enough to be helpful to you, and the consumer !

Here are my accounts :

English one : https://twitter.com/GOFIG_news
French one : https://twitter.com/GOFIG_fr
And a brand new curator steam page to go with : https://store.steampowered.com/curator/32963778-GOFIG_news/

Long live indies !
mushingames
Level 0

Mushin Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10731 on: June 14, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Shingo. I live in Auckland, New Zealand, and I quit my secure 9-5 job as a web developer to become an indie game developer 2.5 years ago. It has been such as bumpy ride since then. If I knew how hard it would be, I probably have never started.

As a kid who grew up playing on NES/SNES, it's been a life-long dream for me to be making games. My favourite type of games is definitely a 2D platformer, I played all the Mega Man titles on NES and I even sent Capcom my own designs for bosses, although they never used any of them. Funnily enough, now I'm making a 2D platformer of my own. It's the hardest thing that I've ever attempted, and I think it will be the biggest achievement of my life if I ever get to release it.

My studio's website is: http://mushingames.com, and we're currently working on our first commercial title "The Legend of Tobimaru". We're planning to release it on Steam at the end of 2018.

Nice to meet you all!
IridescentWaves
« Reply #10732 on: June 18, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »

Hello,

My name is Matthieu, I'm 33 years old and I live in France. I started playing video games around 6yo. My favourite games are Doom, Myst, Gobliiins, Lemmings, Deus Ex, Prince Of Persia, Monkey Island.. I played a lot of sharewares on PC in the 90s.

I started to use with The Games Factory (Klik&Play) during my high school years and I loved it. I always wanted to become a game developer.

Then I studied Computer Graphics during 3 years at school, worked for some companies on Arthur and the invisibles, Despicable Me as a Layout Artist etc.

After that I did a lot of prototypes using different tools before releasing my first game "The Five Cores" in 2012 (a Myst-like game on PC). Right now, I'm working on Choconoa, a 3D platformer similar to Crash Bandicoot but in the world of pastries.

I like to work with open-source softwares like Blender and Gimp. I use Unreal Engine 4 to make games.

When I'm not making games, I'm baking cakes!

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/iridescentwavs

Have a nice day!
MartyX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: June 18, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Martin. I'm 24 years old and I live in Norway. Currently I'm studying music technology.

Recently I've been developing a 2D brawler game, Raze, with a friend of mine. I mainly compose music and add sound effects to the game, but I try to assist with programming and art as well (though I'm not that good at it yet).
Linkt to website: http://raze.no/

Other than that I've always been interested in games. Some of the first games I played were Zelda OoT, Mario 64, Pokémon, Rayman and Jazz Jackrabbit 2. To this day the pile of games I want to try is still growing. And I'm always open to suggestions!  Tongue

Nice to meet you!
MoonJellyGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:51 AM »

Hi all,

I'm Rob, from Abbotsford, British Columbia.

Here's the relevant bullet pointed story of my life (or at least the stuff that lead me to here):

- Started gaming at around 4 or 5 years old on NES. The only game I had was Super Mario Bros., and I didn't play it all that much.

- I didn't get really nuts about a game until Donkey Kong Country

- While I've always had a love for Mario, and (from 1998 onwards) Zelda, I never considered myself a "gamer" or thought of video games as a significant interest of mine until around 2005 when I learned about Nintendo's "Revolution" (the Wii) and video game podcasts (Nintendo Voice Chat was my first, though it wasn't always called that).

- My gaming interest has spread out a lot since then, but I'm still a very rules/mechanics-focused person. To me, there are very few times when I care about a game for it's story if the gameplay isn't fun.

- I went to university to get a psych degree with the intent of becoming a youth addictions counselor, marriage counselor, or something of that nature. While I finished the degree, I decided towards the tail end that I'd rather make video games, and that would mean learning how to code, so I took a few programming courses in my final two semesters.

- I went to a different university, this time for a CIS degree. The intent was to learn enough about computers and coding that I could make games for fun, but then use that knowledge to get a job (any kind of job) writing code.

- While doing the CIS degree, I worked at a school-aged daycare. My girlfriend worked there for a few months and insisted that I apply despite my lack of experience working with children.

- In my second year, I had a group term project with a couple of guys in a game design course. The course wasn't very good, but I learned a lot from these two students, particularly the programmer (one was an artist). From that point on, I was actively making (or trying to make) games.

- By the final year of the CIS degree, I found myself both despising my courses, and dreading the day I'd graduate because it would mean I'd have to quit my job at the daycare (which it turns out, I love) and also try to sell myself based on computer skills I didn't really have-- or at least not in a competitive capacity.

- Soooo, I dropped out. Then I went to community college with my girlfriend to become a special education teacher. Right now, I'm in my eighth and final week of practicum, and it's been awesome.

- Since dropping out of CIS, I got a surge of ambition to work on my game project. And as of a couple of weeks ago, it is done. Smiley

So here I am, looking for people who are interested in trying it out (I'll make a post about it later). Since posted it, I've also been checking out lots of other super small developer's projects (mostly on itch.io). Like any art form, most of it is either not of great quality, or not to my tastes. However, I've found a handful of really cool gems (which I'll also be posting about later). I'm looking forward to checking out people's projects here as well. I'm sure ya'll have got some good stuff. <3
Janionano
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: June 21, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

Hello, beautiful indie people

My name is Janio, Brazilian, 36 years old in this lifetime.
Before I even knew what a video game was, I was already attracted to the concept. Before I even touched a joystick, on the newsstand, when my grandfather told me to choose what I wanted, I chose a gaming magazine. Playing with broken joysticks that had been thrown in the trash by some neighbor, pretending to be playing some game, or flying a jet, I watched the advertisements of video games on TV as a distant desire, but I had fun.
I don't remember for sure if the first game I've played was Freedom Fighters (a shmup game in which the player had to rescue humans trapped in crystals, floating in space, bizarre but fascinating) in the Magnavox Odyssey 2 of a friend, in another city, or if it was the first disastrous attempt with Super Mario Bros. 3 in a clone of NES, in the building where my grandfather lived. I was fascinated by the games.
Then I played NES in the house of friends, or SNES in the rental companies that existed in that time, paying by game hour. The first video game I owned was a Master System, at age 13, with Sonic in its memory. What I really wanted back then was a Mega Drive (Genesis), but it was very expensive. I played all MS games I found in my area, some of them left me stunned, like Outrun Europa, practically a GTA of the time. Sega was very well represented in the country by Tec Toy, which invested heavily in marketing, including creating licensed games that were released only in Brazil and today are rarities for collectors.
A game that I hold very dearly to this day is Phantasy Star. It changed my way of seeing the games, both with their narrative and with their first-person view of the mazes and battles, in a completely different style than anything I had ever seen. In addition, it was translated into my native language, so I understood what was happening, what was written on the screen, which was a very rare thing!
Just two or three years later (which seemed very long for an teenager), when I started working in a supermarket, I bought a Nintendo 64. Leaving Master System for an N64 was a huge change, both of quality (and why not, of realism) and of paradigms. Because of the console, I was very much a fan of Rare-Ultimate. I love Perfect Dark, I love Conker's Bad Fur Day, I love Banjo-Kazooie. I discovered my favorite game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and also my favorite series. I played a lot of multiplayer with friends on the N64.

After that I bought my computer, playing a lot, and updating myself with everything I had missed, then I also got the new consoles, including portables. Today I still play on the PC, PS4 and Switch. Today I can say that, aside from some game releases in recent months, I've played virtually everything I was interested in, for all the major consoles already released. I have known all the games that are praised, which are famous, unknown, or cult, finishing most of them.
Other games I love are Last of Us, Witcher, Portal, Journey, Mass Effect, Yakuza, Uncharted... I used to like Street Fighter (and fighting games in general), to date, with SF5, not so much ... But I will stop here.

Thanks in large part to the games, I learned the English language, and also became interested in programming and chose to study it at university, which is ultimately the reason for my job, providing my livelihood and my family's.
I have created a lot of small games, but that are known only by our friends. Together with a friend, we created an engine of 2D games using the Java language back in 2006.
I am also a completely amateur guitar player and musician.
Uh, I have made a mobile online RPG using augmented reality and GPS back in 2013, as my graduation thesis/work, before Pokémon Go was out, not that it means a lot. Check out the photos below:

Soon after my graduation, started to wrote a book, in a way philosophical and profound, addressing Spiritism and moral issues, which is now awaiting evaluation for publication.
Working as a programmer in a software company for strategic management, which is reasonably well recognized in its field in Latin America, more than half of the clients are hospitals. But I'm kinda bored, and trying to become an independent game developer, finally, and have my livelihood creating games. I'm trying to develop unique games, which I'd like to play and that also bring meaning.

In the technical part, I program in several languages, using several frameworks and several databases etc etc. I've done some small 3D games, used Unity, and currently GameMaker Studio 2 and venturing into the world of pixel art, as you can see from my little avatar.

I'm excited to be part of the Indie community!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:27:26 PM by DeveloperGuy » Logged

Nick Barber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10736 on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »

Hey! im super new around here, but totally hyped to talk with more indie Devs.
I've been programming in unity for about 8 years and my major inspirations are dark souls,rhythm games, and couch co-op games.

Here's my website : www.nickbarbergamedev.com
Smiley

- Nick
goodbyesquare
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: June 25, 2018, 04:02:27 AM »

Hi! : )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:38:09 PM by goodbyesquare » Logged
NarLoke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: June 25, 2018, 06:39:36 AM »

Hi every one,

I'm NarLoke, i'm french (so sry for my bad english ^^). I live in Rennes (Brittany) and i'm a video game developer in a little studio (Sentry Games) Smiley

I used to play to Tera a lot but with my job i had to stop but i'm still interested with MMO (and MMORPG especially)

I'm a Larp players and I love crafting my own stuff Smiley
guilledcf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: June 25, 2018, 07:02:43 AM »

hey, im guilledcf, ok artist and mediocre coder. imma spaniard. nice to read y'all.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic