Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:59:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952225 times)
Drawmaneater
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10740 on: June 26, 2018, 11:11:56 PM »

Hi, i interested in weird and surreal games. I create art and small games, mostly point and click adventures
ZiomatrixX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: June 27, 2018, 12:19:55 PM »

Hey All!

I am a solo indie dev, name is ZiomatrixX!

Um...I like dogs and long walks on the beach. Actually no I hate sand, but I will sit there and have a beer or something.

Also, I am 34 and have a beautiful daughter that i treasure. I am an ok-ish pixel artist, my main thing is programming. I love it.

My company is 3rd Pinnacle Games and I created Super Bit Adventure on steam ^^
GD_Entertainment
Level 0

GD ENTERTAINMENT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10742 on: June 28, 2018, 02:05:13 AM »

Hi everyone.

My name is Domagoj-Ante Sulic and people call me Dodo. You can guess then why my company's name is GD Entertainment (Global Dodo Entertainment)  Tears of Joy
I'm CEO and founder of GD Entertainment. I did spend most of my waking hours in front of a screen, casting spells, driving fast cars, playing cards, evoking powerful minions… well, you get the picture. One day I decided to start a company and bring even more games to life. And to spend most of my waking hours in front of a screen and play games.  Who, Me?

GD Entertainment is a company from Zagreb, Croatia and we are 3 months old.

There are 5 employees:
backend programmer
frontend programmer
senior artist
3d modulator
animator

We are working on our first video game called Skull Port.

Skull Port is an online multiplatform dice game based on the board game. In this multiplayer game, you assume the role of a notorious pirate and compete to become the Pirate King.
Players roll the dice and try to score requirements of the ships in the fleet in order to score points.
To score points players use their Influence tokens on ships and port tiles.
Here is a youtube teaser made for KS campaign

You can also find more information about us and our projects on https://www.facebook.com/GlobalDodoEntertainment/

Best

Dodo

GD ENTERTAINMENT is a place where ideas become a reality and where the fun can never go extinct.
playmindmtl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: June 28, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »

Hey y'all !

I'm Médéric and I work for PLAYMIND, a Montreal based studio (OMG ANOTHER ONE!?! Yes..).
We're an medium sized indie studio with a very indie vibe.

I myself have always been a video game fan (addict?), starting on the GameBoy and making my way to the PC (master race, even though I still use my PS4).

I've "wasted" enormous amounts of time on D2, Pokemon Red, WoW, Skyrim, Mario 64, GTA (mostly Vice City) and many many more games since I learned to drift away from the AAAs.

I love the indie scene, people are just genuinely nice and supportive. It feels like we're part of something big.
I'm currently working on the game The Inner Friend that's coming out this year, a crazy and unique game about childhood fears and nightmares.

Can't believe I wasn't on here sooner...
H_Johnson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: June 29, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »

Hello! I'm a French video game scenarist/community manager in the French studio Inner Seas, which made Winter Voices a few years ago. We're into poetic and psychological games, mainly!

I love writing and creating stories/world in general. Very much into story-heavy games, especially RPGs or horror games Smiley
Jonhs Barcellos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Jonathan. I'm from Brazil (sorry for an eventual English mistake).
I am 2D Game artist.

Sooo, All my interest in games began when I first played Zelda a Link to the past.
Back in 90's. That game impressed me a lot. I literally got astonished when I first saw it.

Now in 2018 I'm developing a game called Prisma Light, a 2D Rpg game inspired in the classics like Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Goof Troop, etc.

I hope I'm able to contribute to all the community.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:06:45 PM by Jonhs Barcellos » Logged
Deer Lover
Level 0

Deer Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10746 on: June 30, 2018, 03:45:17 AM »

Oh, I forgot to say hello!! >_< /   Hi hi.

My name is Diego aka Deer Lover (not in a dirty way  Who, Me? )
I'm music composer, character concept artist, UI/GUI designer, 3d assets modeler, sometimes sound FX designer, Cofounder at Not4Human Games http://not4humans.com/ some months ago we launched aMAZEing Hamster

Here you can check some of my musical works: https://soundcloud.com/user-47405979

Here 2d ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/diegopeinador

Here GUI's ect: https://www.gamedevmarket.net/member/deer-lover-from-not4humans/

Nice to meet you all!!   Waaagh!

Beej
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: July 02, 2018, 11:53:54 AM »

Hi all!

I came across this forum recently looking for places other indie devs hang out and wanted to connect! Not sure if anyone will read this but here's my introduction:

I'm from Seattle, and I've been practicing illustration and game development for a few years now and absolutely love it. I've been a gamer for many more years, and love all types of genre of games. Indie games that I enjoy playing are puzzles, comedy, sci-fi, hidden objects, co-op, point and click, story based games, and anything unique. Actually, I think I have mostly indie games in my Steam library which is up to 300 already, sheesh! :-) Other types of games I love real time strategy games like Offworld Trading Company and survival games like 7 days to die. I dabble in TCG's sometimes as well.

As for development, I've been focusing on learning as much as I can and brainstorming unique themes and mechanics. I've come out with a few apps and have a new one I'm working on launching soon. It's been a blast so far.

Hope to connect with some other developers out there, I love seeing what other people are up to and what they are doing too.

My twitter is: https://twitter.com/Dashing_Robot if you'd like to connect sometime!   

Jared York
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10748 on: July 02, 2018, 03:21:44 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Jared, and I'm a game developer, web designer, and all around computer geek.  I am currently working on finishing my first to-be-released game, Steer Clear:

If you want to learn more about Steer Clear and/or the development process behind it, I made a website with a dev blog.

This is what I look like when I dress somewhat professionally once in a blue moon:

When I was seven or eight years old, my parents bought me my first game console, the original Wii.  Since then, I grew up playing games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii.  I also played a lot of virtual console games such as Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3, and World.  I was (and still am) an avid fan of the original Paper Mario, the new titles in the series have a lot to live up to, in my opinion.

When the 3DS rolled around, I was at Best Buy on launch day to buy it.  A little while later I purchased the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake, which in my opinion, is one of the best games ever made.  I still haven’t had a chance to finish it yet (I know, it’s sad), but hopefully once I have time after releasing Steer Clear, I can finally complete it.

Minecraft – Great game I discovered in it’s alpha phase.  At the time, I failed to nag my parents into buying it for me, so a couple years passed.  Once I did buy it, it was mind blowing to me what could be done with procedural generation.  I had such a blast playing this game both singleplayer, and multiplayer as well.  This game really opened my eyes to how games can provide a huge amount of  replayability value to the player.

Terraria - I used to play and create levels a lot with Super Mario Bros. X, a fan-game made by the creator of Terraria, Redigit, when I was around ten-ish or so.  When I heard the announcement that Redigit was moving on to creating Terraria, I thought, This is interesting, I never saw a platformer like this before... when I saw a GIF of some early alpha gameplay.   I dismissed the game for a while, but after a couple years, I just had to buy it.  No regrets since!

Kerbal Space Program – Growing up, I was always a space nerd, even when I was six or seven, I always used to check out books from the library (yes, books, a rare species of paper bundled together with words on it, impressive I know) all about anything space related.  I also used to play a game called Space Station Sim back in the day and I wondered, “What if there was a game where I could build rockets, and fly them myself?”  That day came when I found out about Kerbal Space Program.  My thought ever since I started playing it (and still 1,600 hours in): I need moar boosters!

One of the things I wanted to portray in Steer Clear, is the nostalgia feeling I get when I pickup a game like any of the old Mario games, while maintaining the replayability of Tetris.  I also live near Lake Michigan, and the other beaches part of the Great Lakes, so boats are fun to watch in the summer.  So I figured, why not build a game about steering clear of other boats in this procedurally generated environment?  I hope to create more games in the future after the release of the game, probably more for the mobile market, but who knows?

That’s pretty much me (gaming-wise), sorry for the wall of text everyone!
GaelFenet-garde
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: July 06, 2018, 04:22:22 AM »

Hi,
my name is Gaël and I'm a wanabee independant game maker (working on Wardens of the Amber Cage a cooperative action dungeon crawler made with VR in mind).

I mainly get on gaming with olds computer rpg (the texts only one) and dos actions games of the mid nineties. I quickly get exited by game development with the game factory (click and play 2 was the original name I think) and pass countless hours ripping megaman nes sprite in order to make a two player reboot

Some years later I would also spend a lot of time with rpg maker and game maker studio ( my first fps game <3 ) and began game mastering on table top rpg, which a still play a lot.(and I must say Dungeon & Dragons is a lot more fun with 30+ years old players than with 15 years old ones :p).

On the current gaming side i'm a huge fan of first person shooter (Heretic was the first really fun one i played, more recently I love destiny 2 and overwatch, even if i'm awfull at them) and world of warcraft. I also did have a lot of fun with Dota 2, the new generation xcoms and more recently heroes of hammerwatch.

I'm playing a lot less currently (essentially VR titles in order to see what appeals players), being full time on my project but i still wait with impatience Battle for Azeroth.

I have been lurking these forums for years but wasn't comfortable enought with my english to post. I'm still not but hey I need feedback for our project and I know have a bit of experience to share Smiley
bw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: July 06, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »

I'm introducing myself now, even though apparently I first made a tigsource account 9 years ago.

I'm mostly a programmer (C++, Javascript). I've done some tracking, with Modplug Tracker and Schism Tracker, and I've also dabbled in making graphics.
Muninn Games
Level 0

The Raven Devs

View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: July 07, 2018, 07:08:46 AM »

Introduction:

Hello Tigsource Community! We are a team of two university students that are currently working on our first game: Merc Company. Both of us are excited to share our work and be a part of the Tigsource community!   
Hopefully you all find our ideas interesting!

Members:

Trent Geordt
Developer / Game Designer
Hello fellow game enthusiasts! I’m Trent, the cave-dweller who is somehow in charge of all of the code for Merc Company. I’m a senior Computer Science Engineering major, so I already have a fair amount of experience designing and programming relatively large projects(nothing on an industrial scale of course, but projects upwards of 30K lines of code). Surprisingly, I am also allowed to do much more than just implement our ideas in Unity3D. Along with programming, I also enjoy designing most of our Merc’s abilities and writing many of their stories!  While Merc Company is my current passion-project, I also enjoy making custom pc builds(a hobby I’m sure many people on this forum share), noob-level case modding, RC cars, and Legos.
If there is any questions regarding the implementation details of some of our gameplay features, feel free to shoot me an email! (And don’t expect me to reveal the exact details of our algorithms or any specific code!)
Email: [email protected]

Domenic Pennetta
Artist / Game Designer
Hi, I’m Domenic! I am majoring in visual arts and I aspire to establish myself as an illustrator. In the meantime I have been drawing and animating for our passion project, Merc Company. I look forward to creating a game with charming atmosphere and visuals that will be able to enhance the action and fun! Pixel art has always been an enticing style for me, however I did not grow up on classic pixelated games. Because of this, I find myself in a position where I am not clouded by nostalgia. I’ve seen a lot of indie games appeal to nostalgic emotions, but I plan on trying to push pixel art further as its own medium. I’m not saying that it's wrong to pay homage to the past, but I feel that pixel art can be so much more!
For any art related questions, concerns, or feedback, feel free to send me an email! Also, I will most likely be updating my instagram with Merc Company material, so stay tuned!
Email: [email protected]
Instagram: solacedvp

If you have a question for either of us, feel free to email us both at [email protected]
Thanks For Reading!
Best,
~Muninn Games

LuckyLuke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: July 08, 2018, 07:11:20 PM »

Hi, I'm LuckyLuke! (this was my nickname in the original Unreal Tournament back in 1999!)

I've been passionate about make games for a very long time. Been doing this for living for a long time too. And since I'm addicted to game development, I'm always having a side-project in-progress Smiley
MKeiN2
Level 0

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10753 on: July 09, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »

Tallinn, Estonia here. I'm a 17-year old human. I write on Java because of Minecraft.

hi
FacemeltingSolos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: July 09, 2018, 03:12:07 PM »

Hey, introduction thread! My name is Trevor and I'm a musician here to meet and talk with some cool people. Also looking to pick up some insights and tutorials about game development. I've been in several groups, each of which have disappated before finishing anything, so I'm looking to either make a few games of my own or be part of a more solid team.
InfiniteGamesDS
Level 0

It's mee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10755 on: July 11, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Dennis, but here i love my nickname DS, i'm a game developer with 10 years of experience "Lmao".

This is mee!

I love videogames and pizza "everyone say the same things, so will say that i love Furrys too! Undecided "

This is my best year on the game development scene for me, i just felt in love with indie games so much years before "Super meat boy"  "Spelunky"  "Fez"  "Slender" a big era for indie games.

Now we have more indie games than ever before! that is awesome  Beer! Beer!

As a lovely gamer, i can't resist horror games, i started with Silent Hill since i was a little kid, a creepy but beautiful experience of scary monsters and creatures!

Let's say that i love horror games more than my health "That is bad  No No NO"

This year i'm working in the best fighting horror game ever! You will see guys Screamy Screamy

Enjoy my gaems! And have fun with Indie  Gentleman Gentleman  Cool

lucidsensedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: July 13, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »

Hey everyone, nice to be here
My name is Anton and I'm from Bulgaria. I'm a student and recently started making games /mobile games, to be precise/. I've always been a gamer, ever since i remember i was hooked to games. As i grew up i got curious not only in games but in their development. I'm a far better coder than I'm designer, but i guess I'll have to work on that.
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10757 on: July 14, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »

Hey there! I'm Aw0 (Artistic Warrior 0) or AJ  Grin I love video games and art SMB Mario ZEL Link

These days I play Warframe a lot haha

I'm here to have fun and grow with my fellow gamedevs.  Coffee

LanaLux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10758 on: July 14, 2018, 06:37:17 PM »

Hello! I'm Lana, a solo game dev/artist.

I'm currently working on a game called Don't Notice Me, were you play as a teen girl stalker.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZIN1uluCSk[/youtube] (?)

Pleased to meet you all! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:50:14 PM by LanaLux » Logged

RedKnight91
Level 0

Gamamakah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10759 on: July 16, 2018, 03:07:01 AM »

Snap, I just realized I started a devlog and haven't even introduced myself!

I'm Mike, I live in Italy (just came back from a 5-year stay in LA) and I love everything art and games-related.

You can find me on twitter https://twitter.com/mikecazzarolli
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic