Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:36:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953119 times)
d.c.elington
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: July 31, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »

Hello everyone,

Newbie working solo on his "dream" 3D space simulation game here. Recipe for disaster I know so I'll try to start a devlog about the contraption sometime Smiley

Nice to meet you all!
Coffee
Perkin913
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10781 on: July 31, 2018, 10:24:45 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jin. I am working for WOMBO COMBO GAMES as a designer & artist.
WOMBO COMBO GAMES is a 3man indie game studio from Fukuoka, Japan.Our target is just like our studio name, to make WOMBO COMBO with our different talent in the game development for making unique and amazing game.
We are working on our first PC game, Tavern Guardians: Banquet. I will post some DevLogs of this game in the forums later, and I am looking forward to communicate with you!  Hand Fork Left Tongue Hand Knife Right
AgentAvis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: August 01, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm Avis.
I'm a college student hobbyist gamedev who has been making games for like... 3+ years now?  works at a pizza place
I like playing games like gungeon and kerbal space program. Growing up my favorite games were pikmin 1 and 2.
I've started a lot of games, but only finished a handful. I do my own art and code typically and rely on other people for sound and music. (though i do my own terrible "Ouch!" sound effects)

Oh yeah and the engine i use is GMS2

davixe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: August 03, 2018, 05:34:44 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm David, currently working on Catness Game Studios, an small gamedev studio from Castellon (Spain). In theory, I'm a programmer, but in real life, and because we have a very small studio, I'm also the rigger, animator, designer, community manager, PR and bussiness man of Catness.

Ah! we work and LOVE Unreal Engine 4

Nice to meet you all!
Helia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10784 on: August 03, 2018, 06:39:39 AM »

Hi everyone~

I’m Helia and I’m the head of a starting French indie development studio called Träumendes Mädchen. Well, ‘starting’… We actually have a few years of experience as hobbyists as we made several short games for gamejams (including Ludum Dare). That’s when we decided to go full indie and work on our first commercial project!

We’re totally into narrative games so that’s the bulk of what we’re doing: we produce visual novel-like experiences with additional point & click elements from time to time. So don’t expect going pew-pew-pew and shoot people with us (sorry) but if you want to chill reading a good story, we might be right your alley~

Sadly being a dev means less time to actually play games so it’s going to make being active in general discussions hard for me. I’m totally going to lurk though Ninja.

MakotoMarvelous
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10785 on: August 03, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »

Heya everyone!

I'm Makoto!

I like working in unreal and Godot 3. I can CPP code!Also do bit of art and music. I have an obsession with art and music applications. Clip Studio and FL studio or the best~

How I can help you:
-experience  coding in multiple languages
-experience in many engines-> Godot UE4 Unity GameMaker RPG Maker Ace to MV (PIxel maker is a hot mess and I love it)
-Currently looking to help build tools for games

About Me:

My favorite computer of all time is Mobile Studio Pro!
My  favorite video game of all time is The PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia!
I am currently playing OctoPath on switch.
lifting heavy stuff, eating healthy, and treadmills under standing desks

I plan of contributing to jrpg and character progression systems and am always looking for more information on the subject.

Currently working on a turn based rpg idea in UE4 with action elements. I hope to get feedback soon once the prototype has a nonzero amount of functionality!

Nice to meet everyone!
Acosix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10786 on: August 04, 2018, 02:28:40 AM »

Hi my name is Aleksander Krstic and my #1 passion is to make a classic/one of the best games out there.
Gora
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: August 04, 2018, 06:58:34 AM »

Hey everybody - I'm an industry veteran, having worked on the technical side of things since the days of the N64 and PS1 (eep! I feel old!).

I've spent the last eight years on the "other side of the fence",  working as part of the European technical support team for one of the console manufacturers. I've recently gotten back into game development, having changed jobs, working on proprietary game engine tech.

The thing is, and I realised this quite some time ago, is that I've always wanted to work on games that I wanted to make. But in reality, I ended up working other peoples visions and the games that they wanted to create. So in my spare time, like pretty much every other game dev employed by a big company, I work on stuff the sort of games that I want to create, and any tech that interests me.

Although I can work with the common tech that's around such as Unity (a big part of my old job was Unity performance on console hardware), I have my own small engine that runs on iOS, tvOS, MacOS Windows and, assuming I can be bothered to put the effort into it, Android as well.

mreffinsunshine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10788 on: August 06, 2018, 09:20:28 AM »

Hi everyone!

I graduated from university as a game design bachelor's, and unfortunately due to the need to pay off loans and the lack of a readily available game job in my area, I ended up going into telecom and still reside there to this day. Lately though, the need to revisit my visions has become stronger and stronger, and I decided that I don't want this passion to disappear from my life even though I have a comfortable job/living.

Now, I want to be more active in the community. Re-learn everything I can. Start working on actual games, and become at the very least a hobbyist. Someday, who knows, I may even be able to make an industry change.

I've been a game lover since I was three, and was interested in learning how to make games a bit later, around 18-19. I LOVE horror-themed games. Anything that is dark, creepy, unsettling...sign me up. Not sure why it speaks to me so much, but the one thing I always told myself was "I am going to make a horror game some day". I don't want that dream to die! So, playing and dissecting horror games is a big thing of mine. Figuring out what kinds of things actually MAKE a game frightening is super fun to me, and I would love to apply my love and knowledge of the genre to my own game.

That's about it, hopefully soon I'll be able to share some stuff with everyone! Let's be friends!  Wizard

Just gettin' started!
Danmn25
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: August 06, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »

Hey Guys

My name is Daniel in real life believe it or not its not Danman. Just to start off with.

I have been wanting to make games my whole life and have actually made a few. I do it for fun and has a hobby.
My favorite type of games are adventure games for example Monkey Island is like the best game ever to me.

I currently study game design and making games because I have a main project in mind but need to become familiar with unity. So long story short I need criticism because I want my game to be the best. At least fun haha.

Jolly good show thanks for reading.  Gentleman

jas7229
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: August 06, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »

Hi All! My name is Jas ~

Growing up I loved playing standard Nintendo options. Pokemon (charizard all the way!), Super Smashbros (Melee), etc. I also was completely addicted to playing neopets, which I realize is a much less standard game of choice lol. But it's ended up having an influence on the kind of games I like to make, and someday I'd love to develop a really awesome narrative-driven puzzle game/adventure as a result of way too many hours puzzling over plots.

Gamedev wise, I started from the veeery basics with Scratch (super approachable for anyone new!), then Stencyl (visual scripting), and most recently Unity (still a game engine, but getting in some C#!). Just released a simple clicker game with it after spending a few months learning, so I'm pretty excited about that. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JasDevelop.RamenShopClicker

Would love to discuss game dev stuff, art, or anything else with you guys!
Feel free to add me on discord: Jas#4559
I also really love forum format for chatting so for sure I'm going to have to poke around all the places here too Smiley
RednBlackGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: August 07, 2018, 02:47:50 AM »

Hi all! We are Red & Black Games  Smiley

We are three friends that loves old style games, do you remember old arcade cabinet? Well, this is our idea of a great game :D
We loves Fast and Addictive games so much that finally we have decided to build one our own. Yes, we are a very small team but we have great ideas and great dreams, we hope the you'll like our work!

Red & Black Games Team
kyntaro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: August 07, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »

Hi guyz, I'm Gianni, from Italy. I'm a solo developer trying to stay connected with game industry. I've a beginner skill on Unity and C# programming. Recently I published my first game (Android), I'll talk about it later  Wink
I like a lot '90 stylish game and mechanics. My game experience start far in '80, on C64 Home Computer

CY
DRPZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: August 07, 2018, 07:07:38 AM »

Hi,

I used to have a pretty active account on here, but that was almost ten years ago! So I thought I'd start again. I'd like to get back into the habit of making things, and I thought hanging out on here might provide some motivation.

Also, I just kind of missed forums.
ColorRush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: August 08, 2018, 04:09:24 PM »

Hey everybody,

I'm a 24 years old developer from Germany. I love arcade games since i played them with my phone under the table during school time. Thats why I made my own one, that I released some days ago at the Play Store. I'm exited to show you about and to see what others made.

Cheers and nice to meet you!
Lorenze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10795 on: August 09, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »

Hey guys! I'm Davionne, a 20 year old dev and filmmaker from Cleveland, Ohio. (miss you already bron)

I got into gaming when I was 7 or 8 I believe, my first system being a GBA, and my first games being Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom and Hey Arnold (awful game, in retrospect.) From there, I got more and more into it as I got a new console every Christmas for the next few years. My favorite genres include RPGs, adventure, platformers, and shooters. Favorite games are Beyond Good & Evil, Dragon Quest VIII and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door among many, MANY others.

I'm usually much more of an story/atmosphere type of guy; at least if it's backed up by decent gameplay. Weirdly, I'm also a pretty aggressive, risky player... which more often than not tends to backfire in online games, but hey - it's fun, right?

Outside of gaming, I'm super into film (if my filmmaking background didn't give it away), hip-hop, art, food/cooking, and nature. The occasional long walk on the beach doesn't hurt from time to time either.

I'm currently working on an indie RPG titled She Dreams Elsewhere, due to be out later this year. Feel free to check it out here if you'd like: https://store.steampowered.com/app/492540/She_Dreams_Elsewhere/?beta=1

I'm super excited to meet you all and get more involved in the community, been meaning to do it for awhile but always put it off. Pleasure to be here. Smiley

I'm just here so I don't get fined, man.
NRJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10796 on: August 09, 2018, 10:35:23 PM »

Hello, my name is Neeraj, 27 years old , I am feeling very happy that I have found this forum. I love to play and make games, I haven't done any course on game development and graphics designing, still I think that I can make a career in game development.

Meeting the deadline is not good enough, beating the deadline is my expectation.
Mike-MGarcia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10797 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »

Hi,
I'm still a noob, but I like old school C/C++ (mostly C), 3D graphics (low poly, like DOS, early PS1).
Happy to answer questions ect.
Edit: if it's not obvious, I like console development  Kiss
Cheers
Mike.

DanielN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10798 on: August 14, 2018, 05:01:41 AM »

Heya all!
My name is Daniel, I'm really excited to be here, surrounded by like-minded people.
My first interest in games started when my father bought me a computer called Dragon 32 when I was only 8.
I started to do programming in Basic even before I knew any English and created my first game by the age of 10 (a very primitive Space Invaders where you play a static ship at the bottom of the screen and shoot missiles to the top where an alien would move sideways. The game would then do a collision test to check if you hit it or not).
Since almost no one had a Dragon (all my friends had a Commodore 64) I had to find a way to get games, so my father would send checks to British companies and they would send back cassettes with original titles by companies such as Microdeal, Wintersoft etc.
I quickly moved to a PC, and had tons and tons of games on 5.25" floppy disks. I mainly loved playing Quest games by Sierra and Lucasfilm, but I really loved almost all genres.
I also played AD&D with friends for a few years, and really got into fantasy and role-playing.
For the past few years, I'm an indie developer. I released my first title a few years ago, it's a puzzle game called Find a Way José intended for iOS mobile devices. You can try it out here - http://j.mp/josegg

These days I'm about to release my 2nd title, it's a sequel to the 1st game, and is called José The Kid.

Really happy to be here and be part of the community!
Cheers y'all  Beer!
Daniel
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:27:01 PM by DanielN » Logged

jok3rthief
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: August 14, 2018, 06:25:40 AM »

My name is Chris and I live in Malmö, Sweden. I study Computer Science and LTH, Lund University and I'm developing a game with my friend Marcus.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic