Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:37:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952113 times)
rostigerloeffel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10800 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:18 AM »

Hey guys, I'm Robert from Dresden, Germany. I'm interested in making games since the age of 12 or so, programming at that time mainly with Q(uick)Basic. Later I used C/C++ and some C#/Python/Ruby during my studies. Now I'm a full-time developer at a medium-sized software company, usually doing Java stuff the whole day. Meanwhile I'm using Unity most of my spare time and in the past years I've got some interest in doing (really crude) pixel art. I try to participate in game jams as often as I can, usually 3-4 times per year. Have a look on my itch.io page for my latest jam submissions. Apart from this nerd stuff I love to watch football (go Dynamo!) and movies.
Mike-MGarcia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10801 on: August 15, 2018, 07:04:35 PM »

impressive Robert!
Welcome!

saucemossgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: August 17, 2018, 12:24:38 AM »

Hi  Gentleman
My name is Maciek. Just started my game dev journey with unity, c# and pixel art. Published my 1 months work on google play, but no one is downloading it... except friends and family. So I'm looking to get some feedback and this seems a cool place for people like me.

D.a.t.a
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: August 17, 2018, 08:56:26 PM »

Hi im D.a.t.a which stands for Digital Alias Tech Addict. Im an Amateur Indie programmer starting a company soon my first video games i remember player were sonys PS2 classics Sly Cooper series and the Spyro the Dragon series nowadays i like Mojangs Minecraft Valves TF2 
(Team Fortress 2) Bungies Destiny and many more
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:01:53 PM by D.a.t.a » Logged
saturnSaint
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: August 19, 2018, 09:50:06 PM »

Yo,

My name is SaturnSaint (from an old band) I am a programmer/math guy. My actual job is electrical engineering, but as far as game development is concerned I mostly make games with my friends in TIA. I got into game dev when searching for "gamemaker" on google and finding Mark Overmars' original Game Maker. Nowadays mostly using Unity and Gamemaker Studio.

Right now I am currently into artificial intelligence, state machines, and player to player game design (but I guess not only PvP, like I am interested in exploring twitch games, community based games, etc).

I've really only played 4 games for a significant amount of time, but I tend to get stuck on them and play for years before moving on. Sega Sonic Games -> Maplestory -> Minecraft -> Path of Exile.

Coffee
Dre Reid
« Reply #10805 on: August 20, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »

My name is Dre Reid and I am an aspiring game developer from jamaica. More important stuff will be posted later.
luigiplaymind
TIGBaby

Social Media Manager at Playmind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10806 on: August 21, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »

HI THERE, Who, Me?

I'm Luigi, Indie Game afficionado and newly social media intern for The Inner Friend! As I learn to translate my passion for video games into an actual living, a fun one at that, I'm also learning the ropes of indie game marketing. I'm coming to you for advice and critics with an open-mind, ready to share our first game, The Inner Friend, to the world!

We've just announced the 6th of September as our official release date (only two weeks away) and just launched a new trailer.

The Inner Friend is a trip deep in your subconscious mind back to the eerie world of childhood nightmares as you seek to retrieve your inner child. The team at Playmind has created an visually gorgeous game with an amazing soundtrack. Couldn't be more proud of them! Beer!

You can find out more on our Steam Page https://store.steampowered.com/app/790350/The_Inner_Friend/ . Feel free to message me, can't wait to meet all of you!

Thank you!

Have a Great day! Grin

LunaticDancer
Level 0

Unveil the curtains of sanity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10807 on: August 22, 2018, 03:08:51 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Piotr, from Poland, I'm in love with games since I was eight. I make everything on my own, including the visuals, music and storywriting. I have tons of ideas I don't have time for realizing, but I'm trying my best to get there.
My dearest engine will always be GameMaker, but recently I've learned Unity and Defold too, tough times.

My games so far aren't to impressive, of which you can find out yourself here.

The most influential games of my childhood were probably Rayman 2 and 3, with their great level design and atmosphere, I'm deformed by the impression to this day. Also Orcs & Elves for java cellphones, both 1 and 2, made me want to make a pixelated bilboarded RPG. When it comes to recent games, I surely liked Dark Souls I and III, and also NieR: Automata.

I'm glad to become a part of this great community Smiley

Failosipher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10808 on: August 23, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »

Hey everyone. My name is Max Arnheiter. German born, but live in the USA. I've been writing code since I was 16. Started with modding Tibia (anyone remember OT servers?). Then I went on to working in Unity after I finished my bachelors in IT.

My current (2+ year) project is Salt the Earth. Its an RTS without resource management or buildings. Some people say its a MOBA but I think that's misleading. It doesn't really have a genre because it fills a niche that hasn't bee occupied before. Shooting for a late 2019 release date on Steam.

I'm hoping to start a devlog here so that I can share my work with the world, and hopefully get some interesting questions and comments about my design choices.

I hope that's a good intro, and I wish anyone reading this all the best luck with their own project.

LamestarGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: August 23, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »

Hello,

My name is Tyler Jones and I am an indie game dev. I like to use Unity3D, Photoshop, Ableton Live, and a few iOS apps and google suite to make my games. I have been playing video games since I was able to get my hands on a controller, starting with the Sega Master System and NES around 4 y/o. Now I make video games and have for the last 3 years. I am releasing my first game on iOS and Android at the end of this month, Pinball Fantastic.

I've heard so much about this community (lol both good and bad) for so long, and I'm stoked to finally be checking it out.

Favorite games are probably the Zelda series, maybe Link to the Past DX being my fave. So many games could be though. Phantasy Star Ep: 1 + 2, Animal Crossing, Counter-Strike, WoW, Dark Souls. I love them all. Sadly but not sadly I don't play nearly as many video games, as I spend most of my time making video games and thinking of making games. I still jump on my Sega Genesis and Xbox 360 here and there, but not as much as time I spend in Unity.

Well this is me introducing myself. Hello. Oh and my website is www.lamestargames.com

HeathenMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: August 25, 2018, 05:02:21 AM »

Greetings im christian, 23 and a web content creator. recently created a browsergame on http://plaguewars.net , feedback thread will follow soon.
Dorcan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10811 on: August 27, 2018, 03:37:58 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel, 34, and I'm from Switzerland. I always loved drawing, playing video games and coding (since one of my brothers introduced me to Pascal when I was 10).

Some of my very old favorite games:

Planescape torment
Thief
Monkey Island 2
Wing Commander
Quest for Glory Series

Some of my more "recent" favorite games:

Alan Wake, The Last Of Us, Dishonored, Prey, Observer, The Witcher Series...

Work

Been 5 years since we started Sunnyside Games, and I'm still hoping it will get easier one day haha. I'm doing the coding and all the implementation in Unity although I would love to go back to drawing and animating. Probably on the next game!

Our released games

THE FIRM and Towaga

Game in development (Kickstarter)

INLIGHT (PC/MAC/SWITCH) - An atmospheric and intense 2D action/shooter game

I think I will start a devlog for Inlight as it's due for january 2019 and there is still a lot of work to do.

Cheers  Grin

seras
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: August 31, 2018, 01:40:44 AM »

Hi  Wink

I'm from Poland, almost 30, aiming to switch to Game Dev after several years pursuing different career path.
What do I do? This year I started as Junior Writer/Designer for one Indie studio, on the side I learn programming in Unity.

I started playing games as a kid with Pegasus (let's say it was a Eastern Europe's version of NES Wink ), then my parents got themselves a PC. Loved the old tycoons (Rollercoaster Tycoon <3 ), Sims, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Warcraft, and then WoW. Fan of Dragon Age and Mass Effect Series. And of course of The Witcher.

Have a great day ^^

ThirstyRobot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10813 on: September 04, 2018, 12:09:15 AM »

My name is Cooper. I’m a Canadian actor, writer, and producer in the film industry, but have a love for gaming.

I’m working on my first game now, that I wrote, directed, designed called Billy Saves the World.

I’m trying to connect more with indie devs and indie lovers, and just went to my first PAX. Thought this place would be a great place to meet others like me.

Anyway, hello!
thebracket
TIGBaby

Roguelike game developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10814 on: September 04, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »

Hi!

I'm Herbert, aka The Bracket. I've been around gamedev for a while (I used to be active on gamedev.net back around 2000), took a long hiatus, and am back doing it for fun. I'm pretty active on Reddit's roguelikedev forums, also. My long-term passion project is Nox Futura (https://thebracket.itch.io/nox-futura), but I'm currently focused on finishing up One Knight in the Dungeon - a traditional turn-based roguelike, but with modern graphics and UI. I've also worked on several 7DRLs, available at my website (http://bracketproductions.com).

I've lurked here for a while, thought I should say "hello".
Hectate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10815 on: September 06, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »

Greets! I go by Hectate. My life-long fascination with creating games began with tweaking Gorillas in QBASIC on my dad's MSDOS 386. I spent a lot of time building WADs for Doom, and later hours in Worldcraft (later, Valve Hammer Editor) for HL and HL2.

These days I spend my hobby game development time experimenting with web-based games, as I'd like to build online multiplayer games. Currently, I'm painfully working through understanding things like node.js, three.js, and websockets. Not to mention full stack development of the servers to run these experiments, when needed. Smiley I hope to have something to actually release someday.

When I'm not programming, it's probably because my kids begged me to play Minecraft with them. Worth it every time.
Pumpkinteractive
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: September 08, 2018, 07:17:42 AM »

Hi everyone,
I was here since around 2008 but changed my email recently and lost my login. I remember lurking at devlogs like café and how awestruck I was just looking at the art, somebody remembers café?
Anyways, I try to achieve something in game development since then but haven't released anything yet, I collaborated on a few games but it always fell apart because of lack of direction or over expections, still I haven't lost the desire to finish a game someday. To do that I try to keep it small and focus mainly on a casual app on android for now.
Looking forward to meet you guys and maybe find like minded people here for collaboration.

Happy game making everyone  Beer!

leotgo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10817 on: September 11, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »

Hello, I'm Leonardo. I've been lurking around here for 4 years or so, and finally decided to create an account in the hopes of meeting people! I hail from Brazil, home of passionate and "tryhard" devs.

I have a day job as regular Software Developer but my real passion/talent is game programming. I've done some cool stuff in the past and finally feel confident enough in my skills to release what I consider to be quality games. Most of my stuff was created in jams (https://leotgo.itch.io/) because having a day job and grinding big projects is really hard. But recently, I've been working on my graduation thesis/project and I have to say I'm pretty happy with how things have been progressing (I removed the link to the video, didn't want to clutter the page with it) Smiley

I'm really bad at meeting people but would really love to use this forum as a medium to meet passionate developers and awesome people.

Leonardo Tagliaro
Porto Alegre - Brazil

Unity3D Programmer, looking forward to meet you!

Please feel free to email me anytime at [email protected]
Max Rudek
Level 0

Indeep Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10818 on: September 11, 2018, 07:33:51 AM »

Hi,

I'm Maksym. 22 years old male from Poland. Let's begin with my story

4 years old me. Playing somewhere in the playground in little Polish city with one more boy. I climbed a huge (that time) rock and stayed here until the other guy pushed me off this rock. I broke my leg. It hurt. My mom took all the insurance money and bought me a second-hand PSOne with Spyro and Crash.. the best two months with broken leg of my life.. this is how it started.

So my favorite games are: (you guessed)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro
  • Witcher 3
  • Sid Meier's games

Once I grew up playing games and from time to time dreaming about creating one someday.. I took some courses in highschool.
These included:

• Java
  • Photoshop
  • Wordpress

After highschool I started Computer Science in Warsaw but I dropped out after few months.. it wasn't for me.
I started a fulltime job as total junior in web development.. not quite what I was dreaming of but yeah.. it's something.

After a year I learned basics of coding and how the app stuff works so I after hours I started learning gamedev.
Reddit + Google + Twitter + Youtube.. basically all you need to become one.

*insert lots of failures, quit moments etc.*
including gamejams, working 1 year totally for free on someone's RPG game, trying to finish actual games..

Now in the same company. I rushed an idea of creating a game development team. With a project of mine (working on it in my spare time) it's all going to happen.

What I'm passionate about? Meeting quality people, which I believe are tons here, taking cool photos and watching series on netflix.

It's a pleasure to meet ya. Cheers  Coffee

Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: September 15, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »

I'm another Leo (lol) and I've been a lurker of the Rain World Tigsource page since March 2017. I've also been lurking on the Planetoid Pioneers Tigsource since 2016 but haven't been on there lately...

Later
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic