Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:06:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906812 times)
DujekR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »

Hi, I'm Nathan. I'm currently a web developer in London, but recently I've made it a goal to become an indie game dev. I'm starting off fairly small with a browser game since that's the tech stack I'm most comfortable with.

My favourite games are Darkest Dungeon and FTL. I am also really into rhythm games like Rock Band and DJ Max, and StarCraft!

I don't know anyone irl who makes games so I'm joining here to scratch the "talking about gamedev" itch. I hope I like it here.
grreuze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10821 on: September 17, 2018, 04:08:12 AM »

Hello all!

My name's Gwendal, I usually go by grreuze. I'm a young game dev currently moving from France to the UK.
I'm joining TIGSource as I plan on starting a DevLog for my current puzzle game project soon. I figured this would be the best place to do it!
I've followed some devlogs on here including Rain World and Manifold Garden. I love the now-old-school forum format and I hope to meet some cool people here!

My favourite games involve either exploring or making friends (or both!), but I love playing new types of games and things I've never tried before.

See you elsewhere in the forums.
Ivoryplot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10822 on: September 18, 2018, 05:32:07 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Ivoryplot and I live in korea. 26 years old and I work alone.

I joined a long time ago, but after studying more, I came back to make a full-scale game again. (Until then, I've always been watching Dev logs!)

I like simulations and log-likes. Even simulations include strategies and sandboxes. I always admired the "box of eternal stories". I liked the game that tells a new story every time when player comes in. I also wanted to make such a game. This is cause of why I develope game.

I am still not enough to be called a designer, artist and programmer.also I don't speak English well. however, I think that everything is a process of learning game develop so I keep more learning.My main activity is to write a devlog and ask for a good technical architectures. But I will be with you if I need to. Thank you.  Wink

Here is my favorite game list:
   Roguelike
      Dungeon Crawl
      Dwarf Fortress
      Pixel Dungeon
   Simulation, or sandbox and strategy!
      RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
      besiege
      Terra Tech
      Space engineers
      king arthur's gold
   Etc
      Mora Kumo (XBOX Game)
      Team Fortress 2
      Other many classic & indie games!
LillyByte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: September 23, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »

Hai!

I'm Lillani, also known as LillyByte or LillyByteGames; I'm a Level 42 indie game dev from Canada working my way into game dev full time. I am a programmer (C/C++/Pascal/GDscript), a 3D modeler (Nvil/MODO/3D Coat/Substance), an animator (3D), and when needed can pull off audio engineering and something resembling music, but much prefer to license music/audio (it's just easier for me).

I have been building an indie m(icro)MORPG for the last year, which so far, is coming along quite well. It's been a fun challenge and has taken awhile to build a solid back-end server, there's been a few delays, but over all, things are coming along quite nicely! However, I do like distractions and diversions to avoid burn out, so I'm always looking to collab with people either for fun, game jams, or even potential revenue share.

I stream on Twitch, occasionally, and primary build projects in the Godot engine, but have working knowledge of several other engines such as Unreal, AGK, Xenko, etc, which I will dabble in here and there. Feel free to hit me up on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/lillybyte or Twitter http://www.twitter.com/lillybytegames

Anyway, hi, hello, and all those things! Smiley
braaaur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: September 24, 2018, 12:53:43 AM »

Hi guys! Smiley

I'm Jakub (Jacob in English). I usually go by braaaur. I'm 29 and I'm from Poland (I live in Warsaw at this moment). Gamer since 8-10yo, mostly strategy games fan (Europa Universalis type, but also much simpler as C&C serie) as well as point and clicks (Larry 7!) and tycoons/simulators.

I started my adventure with game dev about 2-3 years ago. Since then I've learned Unity, C# and a lot of game design theory and practice. At the beginning I was making games for my friends as birthday presents, and some of those can be seen on my yt channel:

simple local multiplayer

In May 2018 I started my first real game project called Radio Commander:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/871530/Radio_Commander/

The game is being founded by Games Operators (https://www.facebook.com/GamesOperators/) who are basically responsible for developing the game 911 Operator.

The key concept is pretty simple: you use ONLY a radio to command your troops on the battlefield.

We are working in a small team of 4 people and we would like to release the game Q3 2019.

Cheers!   Beer!

EDIT!

Guys! I'm devastated! I've found The Nursery and I really wanted to post there, but then I lost the access Sad
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:51:47 AM by braaaur » Logged

Dippadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: September 24, 2018, 03:43:45 AM »

Hello!
My name is Pete. I'm level 40 and I'm from finland. I've been doing gamedev stuff as a hobby from the days
of UDK. Last few years I've been doing more 2d gamedev. I'm trying to get this to be my profession someday, but
being a solo dev it's very time consuming and hard sometimes.

Anyway, here's couple of pics of my latest projects.

- Game about HappyHour in a bar. This is currently a sort of test project.

- GunGears. A roguelite shooter with random generated levels, random generated weapons etc.

I'll probably make WIP threads later for those games to see if anyone's interested.

Cheers. Toast Left Toast Right
bmegana
« Reply #10826 on: September 24, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »

Hello, my name's Brian; 22, recently graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, and living in Southern California. Currently, I am making a game using Unity while learning more about C++ through a tutorial about SDL (http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php).

My favorite games are:
  • Halo 3,
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2,
  • Tales of Berseria,
  • Rabi Ribi, and
  • Burnout 3: Takedown

I joined my university's game development club during my 3rd year because I wanted to use my developing programming skills outside of coursework and try something new. I stayed because making games turned out being great for my personal development.

Now, I want to continue making games because I like to encourage my players to overcome a challenge that I set for them. I want to continue making games because games ultimately led me to meeting my best friends, and I'd like to pay it forward. And, I want to continue making games because of the face one of my players made when I told him "I made this game" during my university's club showcase.

I'm looking forward to talking to you all sometime. See you around!
orrick
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: September 25, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Orrick. I'm a retired theoretical physicist and complexity researcher, as well as a life-long scifi/fantasy geek.

I didn't have the pleasure of playing video games when I was a kid (there were none!), but as a young adult I owned an Atari 2600 and an Apple IIe. My favorite games back in the day were Myst and Riven. I also enjoyed watching for hours while my young daughter played Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro displayed on our "big screen" RCA 52 rear-projection television. From the early part of the past decade I've enjoyed Portal, Minecraft, and a few MMOs.

For a long time I had the desire to put my scientific programming skills and experience to use on some project of my own that was purely for entertainment. A few years back, my wife T'Nara, also a retired theoretical physicist, and I decided to have some crazy indie fun by programming a magical multiplayer world-building sandbox called Mage Faire Online. We also were able to temporarily hire 2 artists that created painterly watercolor-based textures and built the bulk of the Faire art assets. We hope to have Mage Faire available on Steam before too long.

This looks like a great community to become a part of. I hope a (not grumpy!) old programmer will be welcome here!
Orrick
mindlessbrain
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: September 26, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

Hi, my name is Joel, I am from MindlessBrain - a new indie game company so far making games on android and iphone.

I quit my business job at the start of the year where I worked in recruitment systems to try to get a better and more creative life.

I've released a couple of games so far - 'Bridge the Gap' on iphone and more recently 'Neon Descent' on iphone and android. I should probably upload some pics...

I'm still trying to figure out what type of games I want to make - I have far too many ideas so I've been sticking to casual games on mobile, but hoping to transition to something more substantial on steam soon.
zouking
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: September 28, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »

Hello all!

My name is Zouking I am a hardcore gamer who loves to play survival games. I am developing Road to Eden because I wanted to play the perfect survival game. My degree in computer science and My 23 years experience in CG work, notably in 3d Modeling, texturing and animation made it possible for me to make this project possible. I wanted Road to Eden to offer more content especially end-game, with more to do than just build and survive.
My main objective is designing a game that can be played in different ways,
I think survival games today, deserve more!

I hope you like it!

www.roadtoedengame.com

https://store.steampowered.com/app/929060/Road_to_Eden/

cpt_danko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10830 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »

Hello peoples of TIGsource America. My name is Ivan Danko and I make independent computer games.

This is my american socials media page https://www.facebook.com/ivan.danko.9480. I like making new computer developer friends from many other western countries. Please friend me.

I am working on my computer game "Zoldak". I post it in feedback section.

Goodbye and have fun day!
Cyberanus
Level 0

Mentally disabled game developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10831 on: October 13, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »

Sup. My name is Semyon, I'm game developer from Ukraine PLEASE HALP. Working alone. I made Illuminati: MLG Clicker that have over 2kk installs and now working on Aesthetic Battle Simulator:

I'm open to communication.
My twitter, instagram.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:50:58 PM by Cyberanus » Logged
Savant
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10832 on: October 14, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »

Hey guys and girls, My name is Duncan and im from little ol' New Zealand  Smiley

I have been into gaming ever since i was a kid but only took up game development as recently as December 2017. After watching hundreds of tutorials and googling for obscene hours i started creating my project "ElderGate Chronicles".

This has progressed really well and i am getting quite good at coding now :D

www.facebook.com/eldergate

Ganbare
Level 0

Quirky Gamer, Quirky Game Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10833 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »

Hi! I'm Nick Mercer.

I am a hobbyist game maker that just enjoys bringing my quirky stories to life.

I've been playing games since I was the wee age of 4 on the SNES. Been making my own games since I was 11. I've always had an overactive imagination that just never seems to go away even when I hit adulthood.

The games that inspire me the most is ones like the original Grandia, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, Baldur's Gate, Kirby Superstar Saga (especially Meta Knight's Revenge) and Tales of Symphonia.
Ryoutarou
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: October 16, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »

Hi everyone, I am Ryoutarou and I am from Singapore.

I have been in the game industry for about 5 years as a project manager / game designer,  but it is only recently that I started developing games with my friend as an indie developer.

We are currently working on our first project and we are excited to show it to the world!
Marple
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: October 16, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »

Heyo I'm Justin,

I love games a lot. So much so that I've even been trying to make them. I dunno if any of you can relate to that.

For me its mostly about creating a world that people get to explore. Depending on the world, everyone explores it differently and seeing how people explore those worlds really gets me going.

So far I'm only doing hobby projects, but I hope I keep getting better!

I have a ton of favorite games, but Doom 2016 blew my mind. Huge fan of the DMC series. Play lots of Dota and CSGO. Excited as hell for Artifact.
Filipinjo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10836 on: October 17, 2018, 06:32:48 AM »

My name is Filip and I'm doing chores of programming and sometimes even drawing my games. Currently I'm working on a game called Reynard.
Captain Ben
Level 0

QA, Social Media & Community Nanny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10837 on: October 18, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »

Hey, I'm Ben and part of ColdFire Games, a small developer from Germany Gentleman
I'm taking care of the QA, Community & Social Media (and some other things)...

We've already had a successful mobile game, Idle Space Clicker (Android & iOS).
Feel free to check it out and leave us some feedback Wink

Right now, we're working on our next game, Idle Space: Cargo Empire, which is available now in Early Access on Android and through Testflight on iOS.
We'd be happy to get some valuable feedback early on!

You can get it here:
➡️ Android: http://bit.ly/IdleSpaceCargoEmpire
➡️ iOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/SGPJ8FJK

Message us & follow our social media:
➡️ Discord: https://discord.gg/cargoempire
➡️ Facebook: http://fb.me/IdleSpaceCargoEmpire

I'm looking forward to get into conversation with y'all.
Happy to be part of the Forums! Coffee

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:49:24 AM by Captain Ben » Logged

FrogFlakes
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: October 19, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »

Hi, I'm FrogFlakes,

I'm all about vidya, comics, and my dog. My first game was Mario Bros. on NES. My passions are art, animation, film, vidya, programming, learning, and writing. Good storytelling, action and RPG games, and taking care of my dog make me tick.

Some of my work can be found below:

my portfolio site (wip), youtube, another portfolio, and github.

Here's a pug I animated:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:40:28 PM by FrogFlakes » Logged
Pancho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10839 on: October 22, 2018, 01:09:28 AM »

Hi!

I'm Pancho, I'm avid retro player/collector. I was an editor-in-chief Polish magazines and podcast about boardgames. I was a co-owner of Big Daddy's Creations by 8 years. We made digital adaptation of board games for PC, iOS and Android: "Neuroshima Hex", "Neuroshima Hex: Puzzle", "Caylus"​, "Army of Frogs"​, "Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy".

Currently I'm a co-owner of new company Red Zero Games, an independent developer from Poland. The team consists of life-long fans of board games, retro games and '80s/'90s popculture. Here Be Dragons is the original IP and the first game of Red Zero Games.

Regards!

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic