Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:12:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952411 times)
ralphyua
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10840 on: October 22, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »

My name is Ralph Wong. I spent the last two years working on my game Badminton Warrior. It was a very rewarding yet lonely experience. With the beta done, I can now start to focus on other things. Feels like I've been in a cave for a very long time, and now I'm venturing out to see the world again. This should be interesting. Gomez

Try it on Steam
Follow on Twitter
NostalgiaForge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10841 on: October 22, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »

Hey, I'm Joseph, owner of https://nostalgiaforge.com/. It isn't much yet, mostly a few simple games. I am slowly making more complexe games. I develop games for android and desktop, one day I may do ios but thats a long time away. I'm not a graphic artist at all sadly so my games usually rely on what free art resources I can find and then recolors and minor edits by me. Thankfully there are some really good free assets out there to keep me going until I can expand.

I tend to lean toward retro games both personally and in what I make. I've always been a huge fan of anything metroidvania (super metroid in particular of course) as well as zelda games and games inspired by them. I also like final fantasy games a lot but mostly 6-10, the older ones are alright but the newer ones aren't for me at all. There's a ton more but I don't want this to turn into an essay.
Daniel Pacheco
Level 0

Studying

View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: October 26, 2018, 02:02:38 AM »

Hey this is Pacheco!

An absolute geek of videogames based on Madrid.

I really like indie games and working in a bored job but... I had the lucky to asist every year as jury in the Global Game Jam every year, so yes, I am very fan of indie devs and their work!

Just curious
ken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: October 26, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »

Hey there, I'm Ken.

A couple years ago I decided to finally learn to make video games and, because I am a complete fool, started with VR and have thus far spent the entire time working on one thing. I have recently started to write down some of my game design flailings and failings at the website for my dumb game company, where you'll also find a link to said game: "The Technician." And since I am nearing the end of my little sabbatical, I am also frantically searching for playtesters to provide me with feedback/critique/scoldings. (So, you know... lemme know if you're in to that sort of thing.)

Nice to meet you all; I look forward to lurking obsessively.
DreamOnGames
Level 0

DreamOnGames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10844 on: October 27, 2018, 01:04:50 AM »

Hi everyone,

we are a very small team of 2 people, retro gaming enthusiasts that like to do games in pixel art, using game maker studio 2 as engine  Smiley

Currently we are working on "Saving Doc Jack", a platformer set in a volcano.

Nice to meet you!

Siltocyn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10845 on: October 28, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »

Hi. I make 2d games using Gamemaker.
I'm currently working on a zeldalike titled Bone Oblitum, it's gonna be great.
Tatlum Crane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:43 AM »

Hello everyone! I’m Sam Gilbert. I’m the son of a famous video-game designer. I don’t want to use my father's fame so I’ll never tell you his name! Don’t try to play a guessing game. It’s impossible!

My father used to tell me, “Son, you should never step into my shoes! Never! My whole life is a path full of unsolvable riddles, uncombined items, and dialogues with never-ending lines.”

Of course, I didn’t listen to him! At night while he was asleep, I used to sneak into his study and edit his games. Thus I may be perceived as a successful video-game developer.

Actually, everything I had said before is a total lie. I didn’t have such a father. But truth be told I’m really going to solve impossible, combine uncombinable and make dialogues with never-ending lines.

You may call me Tatlum.

P.S. Usually I’m not that pretentious as in the last few lines, but I decided to give it a shot for a change.  Smiley
nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: October 29, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »

Hello TIG people.

Somehow I never really knew this place existed until just today. I've been making things for games since at least the early 2000s via things like Unreal Tournament 2004 and Game Maker (the ooold version) to name the first examples off the top of my head, and a few years ago worked for a while as a developer for Kerbal Space Program.

Since then I have been trying to do my own thing, and hard as it may be to admit, I think I'm finally starting to get somewhere with it.

I've waited much too long to seek out a place like this, and look forward to the company of fellow developers.

Readywriter
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: October 30, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »

Hi, I’m Kent. I’m a writer (in TV and books, besides games) and a composer. At the risk of dating myself, my first game experiences were in the arcades (Asteroids, Battlezone, Space Invaders), when each week my allowance came in a handful of coveted quarters which was my ticket to video games. First computer game experiences were Rib*bit, Adventure, Zork, Stellar Trek, and Scott Adam’s Adventureland on an Apple II Plus. I was a floppy disk DOS kid (still have all my old floppies in their sleeves with various notes and cheat codes scribbled on them in a locked plastic box). My, how we’ve evolved!

Looking forward to writing music or story with more devs!
whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10849 on: October 30, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »

HiHIHIIIii!

I make tools for game design in Unity    Hand Joystick Cheesy Hand Any Key

My game design suite, called MultiGame, helps you build games very quickly. I've used it on all of my professional dev projects, including a game/software thing for IBM!

It can help you implement complex tasks like saving/loading an entire level or adding AI enemies or minions to your game with just a few clicks. It's ideal for any 3D real-time game in Unity, whether you're a new developer or a professional with a long list of games. It contains 125 game features in total.

I'm looking for more ideas, feedback, etc. and I plan to release it on the Asset Store in two months!! It took six years of hard work to build this and was used as a basis of my work as I developed it. The first game I made with it was HeliHavoc which I started in 2012. https://whendricso.itch.io/helihavoc

The basic idea of MultiGame is that you shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel every time you make a new game. It's based around a very convenient and powerful event system called Managed Messages - much easier to use than Unity Events, this system creates a curated list of events from any script, even those not included or designed to work with MultiGame directly.

I have a Discord server https://discord.gg/w64ThJE where you can talk to me and other MultiGame users directly and we would love to have you there.

You can also learn more about MultiGame here: https://www.techdrone.com/multigamedocumentation

I want to hear your ideas and learn from all of you Smiley

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

Programmer of MultiGame, make Unity games WAY faster!!
https://www.techdrone.com/multigamedocumentation
Sragen Ndeso Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10850 on: October 31, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »

Hello there,

Sragen Ndeso Studio is an indie game developer team from Indonesia, funded on 1 January 2017.
Love toward roguelite game brought 3 of us together to make something new.
We then decided to start our first indie game project, Santet Island Disharmony.
Santet Island Disharmony is a 2D roguelite top-down shooter with cute art-style.
After almost 2 years of working on development after our full-time job, we decided we have to put everything into this game project to make the best of it.
On 9 September 2018 we started Kickstarter campaign of Santet Island Disharmony, so we can quit our full-time job & be focus on this game development.
Our dream come close to reality, as our Kickstarter campaign now is on a 95% funded status while it reach its final week.
We hope we can make it in time & make our dream come true.

Here is link to our Kickstarter page: www.kickstarter.com/projects/sragenndesostudio/santet-island-disharmony
velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: November 02, 2018, 09:29:28 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm Velocirection and I like making NSFW furry stuff and games(yes I'm one of those kinds of people ;3) At the moment, I'm working on a dating sim adventure called Gator Or Zebra.

Where you(a bisexual dino guy) date a sassy gator babe or a really sweet zebra guy.

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Far North Richard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: November 06, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »

Hi everyone! My name is Richard, I'm a character artist (uhh... in the making?)

I started playing games when I was around four years old. I was at my cousin's house and we were playing around with his toys when I found a big grey clump of plastic, which I later found out was called a GameBoy. My cousin showed me how it worked, playing a little game known as Super Mario Land and from there I was hooked! I mostly played Nintendo games during my childhood but eventually started branching out to PC and Playstation.

I always knew I wanted to work with games and now I am, I run Far North Entertainment together with four friends. We are a small startup studio based in Sweden that got together over a bachelor exam project at our university. We're currently developing our second game, a project that we have been working on for about four weeks now.

I found out about TIGSource from a fellow dev from Skygoblin (the developers behind The Journey Down and Hellfront: Honeymoon) and thought I'd join to take part in this cool community!
Kastellum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: November 09, 2018, 10:53:24 AM »

Hey Folks, my name is Trever!

I've made it out of college and I'm out in the world finding my own in the games industry. My lifelong plan is to make a difference in the world through the use of video games as a creative medium for change and to leverage design to make these types of games attain mainstream success. Serious games have the right idea but are nowhere near mainstream. I think there's a wonderful opportunity here.

My focus is on game design, VR development, programming, and serious games.

You can find my portfolio here: https://treverberryman.github.io/

Arcana Dragon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10854 on: November 09, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »

Hey everyone I'm ArcanaDragon. Developer of the game Hero Land where you can play as over 100 heroes for free, right in your browser. Game Link: Click here
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:00:04 PM by ArcanaDragon » Logged

jmjm
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: November 11, 2018, 06:13:08 PM »

Hello! I'm Julia! Nice to meet you  Smiley.

I was introduced to gaming by my Dad. He bought a Commodore Vic-20, then a progression of pcs of ever-increasing speed. My first gaming memories are playing King's Quest 1 in ol' monochrome green, Space Invaders, Tapper, and Lode Runner (CGA era!). I love adventure games (The Colonel's Bequest and the Quest for Glory series, Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle) in particular.

Recent games I've been enjoying: Stardew Valley, Lamplight City, West of Loathing. My softest spot is reserved for classic games -- I help moderate The Classic Gamers Guild on Facebook!

Other passions include sculpture, polymer clay, collecting pretty rocks, and secondhand bookstores. I'm a freelance illustrator by profession, so drawing and painting is a pretty big interest to me.

My current main passion is the adventure game I'm making in Adventure Game Studio, The Crimson Diamond! www.thecrimsondiamond.com. It's an EGA text parser mystery adventure game. I have a playable demo, gameplay trailer, and mailing list subscription on the site.

Here's an image from my game:

Best wishes!

- JM
my2k
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10856 on: November 12, 2018, 01:09:25 AM »

I'm my2k!
I love narrative driven games. Storymode for life. My day job is animation, but even moreso than cartoons or movies or comics, games engage people in a narrative so much closer than anything else, so I knew I had to try my hand at one.

I'm making a 2D, traditionally animated point and click adventure game, I'll make a devlog post about it soon. It has a twitter here.

essentially it looks like this:

hi :D
Leetzor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10857 on: November 12, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »

Hi, my name is Marcelo and I'm a programmer at Pixel Dinos, we are currently a three man team and have just announced our first game Heroes Ravage.

I had some previous experience creating serious games but decided that I wanted to create something different so I quit my job, got together with two friend and that's how Pixel Dinos came to be.

Looking forward to be part of this community! Toast Right  Toast Left

Developer at Pixel Dinos currently working on Heroes Ravage
DerpPigs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: November 12, 2018, 10:41:48 PM »

I'm just a small programmer, making games in my spare time. I program mostly in c++,  but I know and use c, c#, python and a few others
Sigma-3 Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: November 13, 2018, 03:18:13 AM »

Hi all,

My name's Paul and I'm based in the UK. I have recently started my games company 'Sigma-3 Games' as a hobby project. However, I've been into games ever since I first saw a ZX81 at school back in the early 80's. I subsequently bought a Spectrum and noodled with programming in machine code but never released anything back then commercially or otherwise.

I later worked as a mobile games programmer for a studio called Morpheme back in the pre-iPhone days (Java J2ME devices). There I worked on games such as The Fast and the Furious and Croc Mobile Jungle Rumble Smiley. I then moved over to the commercial side of games and now work for a publisher in Business Intelligence.

In my spare time, I've been creating a (very simple!) game called 'Crashy Road' which I've just released on Google Play (Android only):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sigma3.autoraceway

And here is the launch trailer:

I've also created a microsite for it that includes a short 'blog' section that details how I made the game - I am keen to share this with people starting out in mobile game development:

https://osullivp123.wixsite.com/crashyroad

Hope this info helps others!

Paul.

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic