Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:28:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952454 times)
fantomon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10880 on: December 22, 2018, 03:33:27 AM »

Hi!

I'm just a beginner indie games dev, but really enthusiastic!

I spent some time playing around with Construct2, making some demo. Here some old stuffs:

But now I want to make a game, an entire one. I mostly use HaxeFlixel.

I love making art too, recently I started to make some tilesets and I will try to create all the graphics of my game by myself!

Further than that I try to participate more on the indiegame community!
Frnce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:44 AM »

Here's me , an aspiring game dev.
love JRPG, Fighting games and also play a lot of starcraft .

Quoted Text
nanooGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: January 02, 2019, 02:37:37 AM »

Hi all,

I'm not sure what constitutes being an indie game entity, but I'm in a 4-member team making and publishing games for iOS and Android in Korea.

My formative years of playing games were with NES (Yay for Bionic Commando), SNES (SFII ftw) and PC games (Doom/Unreal all the way). You may be able to tell I'm dating myself with the game titles I've just mentioned hehe.

I look forward to exploring this forum for hidden gems and learn new things along way.
ChickenFetus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: January 05, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »

For awhile I'd come onto this site just to look at devlogs (e.g Rainworld and Parkasaurus) or certain development discussions. I decided to finally make an account to ask questions and discuss projects of mine.

I mostly just take interest in (and work on) animal games and ecosystem-sim game, but I also take interest in certain horror games.
HopeMetal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: January 05, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »

Hi, I'm a guy who likes to play video games and also make them (after a long time of wanting to and not doing so). I enjoy a variety of games so picking a favorite is really difficult and also because I don't want to pick a favorite because I believe there is something that can be learned from every game, good or bad. There are definitely games I have played more than others, though. For example the tons of custom maps and mods for classic Doom. Smiley
bluemonotone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: January 05, 2019, 09:09:28 PM »

Hi, I'm a Canadian hobbyist indie game dev. More like rolling around and learning like crazy how to do all of this. I started out when I was 15, actually wanted to draw manga but abandoned the dream after 10 years of trying to get my friends to do all the work for me (not quite true, I was always pushing ahead lone wolf and got tired of dragging people to be on board!). Now at 25 after graduating I decided to 180 and give the art world and design a shot, and I'm starting this journey with my first game. I am only interested in games that are intellectually challenging in the geeky sense of being text-based, as in Classic RPGs, and JRPGS like Final Fantasy as well as more action-oriented ones like Dragon Age Origins.

I'm working on project "BlueMonotone" now, and this is me going nuts on screenshot Saturday for the first time in an effort to get some online presence... I got to say though, I'm really curious and looking forward to meeting like-minded folks and make new friends and "serious" connections potentially! Hard to meet people like this IRL, srsly. Cheers.

Here's a gif of the game I'm working on.

https://i.imgur.com/murvkGC.gifv

Tunermaxx
Level 0

#RainbowReactor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10886 on: January 06, 2019, 04:54:27 PM »

Helloes, the tl;dr is: I'm Kalle from Germany and I'm trying to get into game development after a 25+ years absence!

Bit longer: I fell in love with games when my parents took me to Australia when I was 9 and I saw arcade games for the first time. Especially PAC-MAN inspired my imagination, so back at home, I nagged til I got the TOMY version of it, then an Atari VCS 2600, one year later came the C64 and since the day the Amiga 500 was announced, I saved every penny til I could afford it. Then aged 16, I released my first game "Hirnris", which was a clone of Hatris, only with brains, as a Public Domain title. Half a year later, in 1991, I finished coding "Matchic". That one was "heavily inspired" by Puzznic (well, I just love arcade games, what can I do?) and I was utterly amazed when a publisher I sent it to on a 3,5" disk via snail mail actually said they were going to release it commercially! I could go into great detail of how naive I was and how funny the German games "industry" was back then, but to cut a long story short, the publisher went bankrupt after they sold 3 copies of Matchic and that kind of broke my heart. It was my first experience at "business", being still a high school student, and apparently it created a lasting trauma.
I know, boo hoo … but today, I'm *almost* over it, so I returned to trying to make games, but for obvious reasons (like not wanting to get banned right away), i'll talk more about that some time later.

Til then, I leave you with a video of my last Amiga game in action - I believe it really is one rare sight Wink

metajake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: January 08, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »

Beer! Hi all. I'm an artist and hobby developer for a few years. I've got some prototype projects under my belt. I'm working on my first completed game, a dating sim. Glad to be here!  Hand Metal Left
dimkadimon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10888 on: January 08, 2019, 04:59:30 PM »

Hi guys!  I have been doing programming competitions for over 15 years and enjoy solving difficult puzzles/problems. This year I decided to have a go at making my own puzzle game. It turned out to be a lot of work, but also heaps of fun. I feel quite proud that I managed to complete it. My game is called Super Blox and you can check it out on Google Play.

Promotion Video:

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xyz.iaptest

AngryApeStudio
Level 0

Yo

View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: January 09, 2019, 12:52:09 PM »

Hello Devs,

I'm a computer science student who does game design for fun (though I wouldn't mind taking it more seriously someday).

I do pixel-art in aseprite and use Gamemaker Studio 2 for my projects right now.
Studio_Bruyant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10890 on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »

Hi devs!

I'm new on this forum so i'll try to introduce myself. My name's Olivier and with my friend Guillaume we founded Studio Bruyant in 2013.

Studio Bruyant is a digital art collective and a dev studio from Paris, France. We create interactive installations and audiovisual shows. Since the beginning our projects are influenced by video games, we've finally decided to work on our first "traditional" video game (i mean a video game which will be released on Windows / Mac / mobile). It's called Perspectio and it's a narrative puzzle game.

We love electronic music (experimental, noise, synth wave, techno, indus...), we are both musicians and i also created a music label called Darling Dada (http://www.darlingdada.com). We also love brutalist architecture, SF movies, Unity and andouillette (a weird French sausage).

About video games, we love immersive and / or original experiences like Inside, Gorogoa, Her Story, Bury Me My Love or Layers Of Fear. But we like big AAA as well like GTA, The Witcher, Mario and Zelda !

If you want to discover our work :
- Our website : https://www.studiobruyant.com
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/StudioBruyant

Some pictures of our alt games :

RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10891 on: January 15, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »

Hi, I am Burkhard (aka ScaniX) and I am a coder for almost 30 years now.

It started on the C64 where I made small games and tools, continued on the Amiga and ended up on the PC. Originally in Basic, QuickBasic, VisualBasic, Visual C++ and finally in Java. I also did some web stuff in javascript and PHP, like a text adventure version of my short story "Darkness" including my own script language.
I tried RPG Maker and then fell in love with Unity and am trying to develop some games in this engine.

I am employed as a software engineer for Java, but started "seriously" developing my own games again in June 2016 with "Higher Beings", a first person escape room puzzle game.
In February 2018, I switched to "Darkness", a first person scary adventure game.

I am totally a coder, but try to do some art and sounds for my games, too.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:47:46 AM by RealScaniX » Logged

Ozden79
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: January 18, 2019, 06:56:46 AM »

Hello People,

My name is Özden Irmak and I own a one man studio called Creamative. We recently revealed our first title, Clan N, which will be released on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Windows 10!

History

After a few notable hit releases on the mobile area, it was the time to step into the next level of game development with releasing something on Consoles and PC. I have fond memories in the 80s computer and arcade games with beatemup as my favourite genre and today that's still the case where I spent countless hours to complete modern examples such as God of War and Ninja Gaiden , ahem!, in highest difficulty Smiley. So it was an obvious choice to make a game on that era and 2014 was the first beginning of Clan N development. After an initial development on graphical style and gameplay, other things got into the view which caused delays and almost a cancellation due to time constraints. Finally in 2017, it was decided to focus solely on it and it's being actively developed since then by 3 passionate people. We hope to deliver the game on First Half of 2019 with simultaneous releases on PS4, Xbox One, Steam and Windows 10.

Regards,

Özden Irmak
www.creamative.com
byolivierb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10893 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »

Hi! I'm Olivier, bumbling game dev. I'll admit I was pretty intimidated before creating an account here.

I have released a small free game about health issues I've been suffering through.
You can find it on itch here:
https://byolivierb.itch.io/a-game-about
Or on Steam here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/927990/A_Game_About/

I'm currently in the process of prototyping new stuff and I hope to gather enough courage to post progress around here often!

Love!
unconventional high
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: January 22, 2019, 03:09:53 AM »

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWooooooooooooooooooWWWWWWWW The first post on this thread was on 2007. That's 13 years ago. I was 10 years old. I was in love with maplestory and other mmorpg games like Wow as well. But my first gaming experience was watching my brother play Super Metroid. That game fascinated me and still continues to do so to this day. Watching it being speedran is an art of its own. After playing 8 hours of games every single day I now realize I should of payed attention to my posture but more importantly the fact I "quit" all console games. College came and I had to put all my mind into passing. I was an econ major but I took a CS course my freshman year because I was convinced to get a minor on cs. I hated it. Then I started learning how to make 2-d platformers on youtube and this just having this feeling that I could recreate the game of my childhood but this time I had created it. It was insane for me. I never would of thought when I was younger I would be able to manipulate pixels on a screen.

Junior year is where I really found my calling though. I had switched over to CS as a major and a math minor. but I had decided to drop a class. Yes I only took 3 courses for like 3 semesters. and it was the best fucking decision I have ever taken. School can teach you a lot. But you can also lose your self and forget to who you even are. Instead of spending 8-20 hrs on a 4th course I decided to code one whole game. During the december break I worked every day and I ended up with a rough outline of a simple don't crash game. It looked awfully plain. I realized that to fully develop a game you have to be a jack of all trades. or I guess specialize and hire other people. But not for me. What I was blessed with was a meditative state I would reach after taking a big bong rip. It helped me immerse my concentration in my work. My sense of hearing became acute at pairing it up with awesome visuals in forms of particle effects. My first game had born Infinite Flydown. Ads Free! lol.

Skip to after graduation and now I am unemployed. Well maybe not exactly.. I employ myself. Which means I don't make any money yet. But now I am more fully aware of the process and have been working on my self and on my new game "Bumper Aliens something something" (gotta finesse that ASO). I have re-written many things as I get feedback from friends and family and every piece of information has been invaluable. I hope to continue improving my game along everyone here.
Sirhaian
Level 0

Never give up, Never look back.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10895 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »

Heyo, everyone! Smiley

My nickname is Sirhaian. I'm a 25yo VFX Artist working in the games industry (at Riot), but on the side, I've always loved making stuff in Unity. I used to make League fan arts, and then started making compositions and a couple tutorials. I'm from Belgium (I speak French), but I recently moved to Los Angeles, and I studied video games in Namur, at Albert Jacquard (also known as HEAJ).

if anyone's interested, you can find some of my VFX work here: https://www.artstation.com/sirhaian

So, I like anime, I'm a bit nihilistic, and my accent is terrible. I started growing an interest for indie games a year or so ago, as I slowly started making my own. I had never heard of this forum, but glad I found it now. ^_^

I also have a tendency to make everything glowy and super saturated, to the point where my friends at school started calling me the "Glow Master", back in the days.
Never knew why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also terrible at introductions, so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.  Grin

Cheers!  Toast Right
Helga
Level 0

hello

View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: January 23, 2019, 11:01:32 AM »

Hello. My name is Olga. I belong to a team of two people, we make a game, point-and-click quest.
I am an artist, in the game I draw backgrounds and characters, I also work on a plot. The rest of the work is done by the programmer  Smiley
This is our first game. We love cats, adventures and quests.
zeeketron
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: January 23, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »

I'm a new member, new to dev (honestly, it's just been many years), new overall to pretty much everything creative and want to share my foibles with the likes of everyone. I'm shameless about mistakes and sharing what I create, always curious and open to criticism and opinions. This is going to be fun!  Hand Thumbs Up Left
SpecTre48
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10898 on: January 24, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »

Hi all, my name is Paul with the nickname of SpecTre.

That is me on the left wearing the cap  Cheesy

I am one half of our indie team called Pandapus and have a few ideas on the go at the minute.

Hope you can check our site and Twitter and look forward to some great conversations on here.  Beer!

johanvinet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10899 on: January 25, 2019, 06:51:41 PM »

Hi folks!

My name is Johan Vinet (https://twitter.com/johanvinet), husband and father of two adorable girls. I'm originally from France, but now live in Montreal, Canada. I've worked for several years as a graphic designer, then as a pixel artist and animator in the independent video game industry I've contributed to a dozen games such as Flinthook, Shovel Knight Showdown, Adventure Time, Mercenary Kings Reloaded, Halfway, and Rivals of Aether.

In September 2018, I took the leap and decided to quit my job to start my own independent studio: Canari Games Inc => http://http://www.canarigames.com/. I'm now working full time on my game Lunark (a cinematic platformer) => http://www.lunarkthegame.com 

Johan Vinet / Canari Games
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic