Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:46:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944602 times)
ManicMatt
Level 0

Musican and developer known as Because Because

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10920 on: February 20, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »

Yo!

I will admit I pretty much game here for self promotion, but I read the rules and I'll be a good boy! I have been an on and off regular at the AGS forums since something like 2005, so I thought I'd use that name here, incase anyone used to hang out at AGS and remembers me!
therax1986
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: February 21, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »

Hi, my name is Uros. I'm a professional web developer (Python, AngularJS). In my free time I'm working on HTML5 game called Theraxius (more info coming soon).
tomiga
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: February 22, 2019, 07:29:40 AM »

Hi I am Tomiga,
currently I am working in the international telecommunications corporation but in my spare time, I play with the programming, watch movies, play on the PlayStation, I meet up with friends, travel and “do the photos” the pics. For some time, I am blogging, where I writes about movies, travel, technology and other more or less interesting to me.

I am also author of Movie Business game which was created in 1994 on Commodore 64. It is still in development when I have free time...

You can check it here.
http://moviebusiness.tomiga.net
felineSynthesis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10923 on: February 23, 2019, 02:06:24 AM »

Good day, good people!

I'm an Italian gal who likes, above everything else, cats, broccoli and narrative content.
You may call me Marie, or Meowjesty.

I've kind of dedicated my life to Philosophy and I've always been fascinated by technology and language. I've recently graduated with a thesis on the educational value of VR experiences and started an independent interactive media studio with my partner in craft and life. We are working on several XR app prototypes for the fruition of Cultural Heritage artifacts and, in the last few months, we have also published a couple of mobile games - which is, admittedly, how I ended up here :3

Looking forward to make your acquaintance!  Coffee
RetroGears
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: February 26, 2019, 03:25:24 AM »

Hello, we are Retro Gears from Saudi Arabia and we make small games. our team is made of 2 people a programmer/art and an audio guy.
AJFay77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: February 27, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »

Hey everyone, 30 year old Full Sail '08 graduate from Pennsylvania who finally took the leap to just make my own game a couple years ago and am getting to the latter stages of development. Thought I'd poke my head around and try to be more social (I'm really bad at being social in new places).

Off topic of game dev. I'm an amateur racecar driver at my local dirt track (or I was, now I'm too broke to race trying to develop full time lol) and I won the track championship there a few years ago in my division which was a big check off the dream list.

I'm in the 77 car there ^

Next on the checklist is releasing my own, hopefully semi-successful *crosses fingers*, game.
isaaktual
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10926 on: March 01, 2019, 05:47:50 AM »

Hey everyone, another new member here!

Recently made the big leap to 'go indie' and develop a game.  Writing the engine myself, which I know is crazy talk.  :-)

Can't wait to see all the great stuff people are doing!

> : D
Dune
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: March 02, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

Hi, everyone, I'm Dune! I just realized I haven't introduced myself, whoops. I'm an American college student majoring in game development at an art school (I'm studying a little bit of animation, too). Most of my school projects are 3D, so I have experience working in Maya and UE4, but in my free time I also like to make 2D games. Right now I'm working on a 2D sidescrolling adventure game in Unity about a lost monster child named Egg. Spring break is coming up for me soon, so I am hoping to launch a devlog this month and maybe put out an early demo for playtesting. Exciting! So, yeah, I'm a 3D and 2D game artist, nice to meet you!

My favorite game I've played recently would have to be Iconoclasts! Grin
pixeltroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: March 04, 2019, 12:54:26 AM »

hello people! I am a graphic designer dabbling in game design! I have been working on a platform game for a while now, so I thought I'd sign up here to interact with game designers!

looking forward to a good posting experience! Smiley
p3a+
Level 0

p3a+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10929 on: March 05, 2019, 07:20:21 AM »

Cheers all Indies!
It is a pleasure to join you here!
I hope to learn from your experience here and share mine with you.
I am quite fresh in gamedev but enjoying it a lot.
As I am an architect I am treating this new road both as fun and as a new project on my way.
Enjoying it a lot so far.
More about what pushed me here can be found at my blog - a form of a notepad to keep my thoughts:
https://p3a-plus.blogspot.com/
Glad to be here as a part of this community!

DonnyFromGordonCity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: March 06, 2019, 09:46:54 PM »

Hello all! I am a software engineer in commercial/industrial automation.

I've also been teaching myself game dev (primarily HTML5) the past 4 years.

It has been a wonderful contrast to the steep learning curve and occasional high stress of my career.

Most recently, have been working on a project that is about 95% complete that I am quite proud of.

I thought it'd be worthwhile to involve myself in the community and this seems to be a pretty active forum.

Looking forward to reading, learning and eventually sharing!
Joon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: March 07, 2019, 01:27:44 AM »

Hello all, I'm Joon, a game design student in my final year of my bachelor's degree from Malaysia. For my final year project I've taken the task to help one of my seniors fyp game to get as much feedback as possible in order to improve the game.
Nice meeting you all =D
aaric36
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: March 07, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »

Hey, this is aaric here. I'm 20, from the United States, and been into programming since I got my first computer when I was thirteen. I got into programming thanks to the help and encouragement of the devs at a great game I still love called Simunomics.

I have to rep it because I wouldn't be progamming without them.  Beer! I'm currently a CS major and I recently finished my last large project, developing a multiplayer online board game. That was mostly web development so I'm hoping for my next project to get into game development and graphic design, so that's what brought me here.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
mephistowaltz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: March 10, 2019, 02:49:09 AM »

Nice to meet you.
I am Minam of PLAY Mephistowaltz.

PLAY Mephistowaltz(alone developer) was founded in 2016(South KOREA) and I am building the first chapter of my history with the creation of EGO. EGO was selected as indie area on Tokyo Game Show2016. I have three games that are not released. Note : a composer and a note is one of my games. It will release 12th March 2019 on Steam.
iTzKingBilly
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: March 10, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »

Hi, I'm Bilal.
From a young age, I enjoyed playing computer games. I used to play on my Nintendo 64 Smiley, ps1, ps2, ps3 and ps4 lol. Now, I heavily focus on game development, programming and really enjoy programming jsp and servlets Smiley.

My first programming language is Java. I still use it. It's my favourite.
jitspoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10935 on: March 11, 2019, 02:14:49 AM »

Gentleman Greetings!

I'm Nathan Wulf, aka jitspoe.  I've been in the industry as a professional gameplay programmer for about 10 years.  I worked on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, LawBreakers, Radical Heights, and some cancelled projects I can't talk about.  Before that I was working on Quake series mods like Digital Paint: Paintball 2.  After Boss Key Productions shut down, I decided to go indie, so I'm starting off small-ish building a 2.5D platformer in the Godot engine and live streaming the development progress every weeknight on Twitch (7PM-Midnight Eastern): https://twitch.tv/jitspoe/

Feel free to swing by and ask questions!

Rtyper
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10936 on: March 11, 2019, 04:42:35 AM »

Hello!

I'm Rhys - long-time lurker (signed up almost 5 years ago!), not too sure why I never posted here before!  Shrug
Anyway, I'm a Unity asset developer and aspiring gamedev, working on a new desktop and (hopefully) console project that I'll probably start a devlog for soon.
FalconsLegacy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: March 12, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »

Hey all!

I'm a Canadian developer who's fairly new to the game development scene - I only realized it was a viable option for me a few years ago. Mostly, I work in Unity as a programmer; my passion is for art and storytelling, but there's something really rewarding about coding something then seeing it work and respond to input.
Currently, I'm working on a 2D rpg game. I'll eventually get some sort of devlog up for it (hopefully), but that'll be sometime in the future when I have a better idea of where I'm going with it. (Also maybe once I can convince myself I need to interact more with new people. Shrug)
I'm a pretty big fantasy and rpg fan, but I can appreciate all types of genres. I'll give just about anything a try at least once - puzzle games, platformers, strategy games, etc. The only genre I don't really mess with is horror - I'm a huge scaredy-cat - but I will on occasion if other parts of the game appeal to me (I find Little Nightmares pretty fun as a puzzle game if I don't think about the horror part too much).

Guess I should finish up by warning people I can be a bit wordy in writing (if the paragraphs of text above didn't make it obvious...), but that's kind of my thing. I don't speak up often, but the times I do usually involve long thought processes. Probably part of being an aspiring writer as well: I'm used to explaining a lot when I write.
Great to meet everyone! I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the community. Smiley
Effe Due
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: March 12, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »

Hi, fellas!

My name is Roberto, and I'm an Italian indie game developer.

I started developing with Godot, but I already have plans to learn Unity and to open my personal game store.

Nice to meet you all!  Wink
Mr. Jam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10939 on: March 12, 2019, 06:16:43 PM »

Hello!

My name is Jamie Spruin I'm currently in my final year of a game development college program.

I've been making games since I've been in elementary school, but I only just started taking it more serious a couple years ago so I still have a lot to learn! I'm hoping to eventually make my way into the industry as a programmer and I came here to hopefully improve my skills and meet some awesome new people.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and hopefully I'll have something ready to show you guys in the near future!
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic