Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:42:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952039 times)
Rem777
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: April 08, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Ramsil.
I'm learning how to make games. I've been playing videogames since the 90s, when I got my first computer. Favorite game is FALLOUT 1-2. The last few months tightly studying how to make the game, so I would like to hang out in the company of the same as me!
I work for a couple with my brother, he mainly tests the games. We have released so far only one free game for children for Android.
Thank you for your attention!
Leonid64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: April 09, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »

Hey.
My name is Leonid Shkatulo.
I have been developing games since 2005.
I used to work in a small company where I developed software for slot machines.
Since 2011, I am an individual developer.
During this time I developed several free games for Android and published them on Google Play.
Thanks for attention.
lonebeard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10962 on: April 09, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Felix Faassen.

I started making "music";-) at the age of five when my father began teaching me to play the piano. After saving up for my first Commodore 64 home computer, I soon realized computers could be used to make music. My passion for improvising and composing music with computers was born!

Throughout high school and poly technical school, I experimented with audio technology, computer music and synthesizers. Inspired by classical and jazz music, I practiced composing music across different genres ranging from electronic chip tunes to movie soundtracks. Being inspired by composers like Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, Eric Serra and Hans Zimmer, I released my first new age synthesizer album in 1999 which also led to my first paid video game gig for an arcade platform game.

After getting my degree in technical computer science in 1996 I became a software engineer by day and a musician by night (and weekends). During this time I still composed but also focused on performing live music with bands (I played Hammond organ, Rhodes Clavis and yes synths ;-). We released a number of CD's and toured in Europe and Mexico.

After having founded a software company and worked in IT for 20 years I decided to stop working in software development and focus full time on my true passion: compose music and sound design for video games.

I just finished the Professional Game Audio Design and Production certificate at Berklee Online, visited GDC19 for the first time (it was a blast) and now starting to find my way in the beautiful world of game audio.

Looking forward to learn, meet new people and get inspired by beautiful creations of the members on this forum, games, code,art music and everything in between ;-)

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day.
Kukareru
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: April 10, 2019, 11:46:40 PM »

Hello! My name is Kukareru Sekai! I am a game designer/world builder and also the pilot of metal attacker NORA MA-XXI SERENADE. You maybe able to tell that I am a big fan of Blaster Master Zero. I am currently working on a roguelike using Godot engine. I am fairly new to this and wanted to find a community to be apart of during my journey and I heard this was a cool spot.
devwind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: April 11, 2019, 01:13:30 AM »

Hi,

My name is Miao Xu.
I used to be a gameplay engineer, worked on a few game projects. And now I'm an indie developer working on a multiplayer card game for almost a year.

I am also a hardcore gamer. I'm into a lot of genres. The recent favorite is probably Dota Auto Chess. But I enjoyed games like Civ, X-COM, Crusader Kings, DMC, etc.

Cheers!
DaBoss3D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10965 on: April 11, 2019, 05:54:02 AM »

Hi,

My Name is Carlos Correia, but lot's of people call me DaBoss3D.

I worked all my life in I.T. related stuff, and had a small web design company.

I always love playing games and it's part of my life.

Since 2015 a decided to take a chance on the games world, and developed a 3D game engine, so i could learn every aspect of 3D world.

Between Quadrillions and Matrix and Shader bugs, sometimes it was a frequently questioned decision.

Now the Engine is ready, i'm preparing my self to finish my first game.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.

Carlos Correia

Inner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: April 16, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »

Hi everyone!
My name is Erdem and I love playing and developing games but I'm new at game development.

I loved playing games when I was a kid and one day I said to myself "How are these games developing? Who develops them? and can I develope my own games?" and that's how I started to game developing.

I wanna improve my game developer skills and exchange ideas with other users.
That's why I registered.
andyandy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: April 18, 2019, 05:33:16 PM »

Hello, My name is Andy.
I love all about games.
Playing, Watching, Developing...
I'm programmer and I want to communicate others about game.
Thanks.
MackEZ_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: April 22, 2019, 02:47:33 PM »

Hi, my name is Mackenzie! I'm a Versatile Artist and light programmer. I've been developing games for the last few years and getting really heavy into it the last year. I've been taking schooling and have made 4 fully working game titles ranging from top-down puzzle games to my latest project a dating simulator!

I'm here looking for eager playtesters and to involve myself closely with the game dev community.
Mystery
Level 0

::42::

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10969 on: April 25, 2019, 11:21:07 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm really happy that I've finally joined this wonderful community.

My name is Tobias and I've been playing games all my life, starting with the C64.
Since I was young I wanted to make games, but back then I didn't have the skill or patience to do so. I ended up doing web development/programming and database work, which was never really what I envisioned myself doing as an adult.
I still love and play games today, although I'm a bit upset with the direction the industry is taking recently. Not terribly concerned about this, as there are still enough unplayed games from the last decades that'll last me a lifetime Wink

Growing up with the 8- and 16-bit consoles, that style of graphics has stuck with me and to this day I really love pixel graphics. Especially since I used to be a huge SNK/Neo-Geo nerd and they were just the best.
My childhood and teenage years were spent playing C64, NES and SNES, later focusing on JRPGs and SNK Fighting Games. Today I still play JRPGs but I love me some From Software.
Another genre I spent way too much time on is MMORPGs, starting with Ultima Online in '96 and switching to WoW in early '05, but I'm currently not playing because I really don't like the current iteration of the game. Hopefully Classic will fix that...
My favorite games of all time are (in random order): Diablo, Deus Ex, Demon's Souls, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Final Fantasy VI, Tetris, Super Mario World and Ultima Online.
Other hobbies include learning Japanese, playing (more like terribly sucking at) Go/Baduk and recently drawing and pixel art.

I never gave up on doing something with game development, even though the time I invested was often really limited. A couple of years ago I completed the David Perry Challenge for Game Design which resulted in a nice letter of recommendation from the man himself, which is nice. I also want to get back into drawing and maybe branch out into digital or pixel art. Recently I've put quite a lot of time into learning C# and Unity and finally finished my first "real" game.
Making that game was a real challenge, but I've learned a lot and hope I can continue and improve. My goal is to find other people with similar interests to exchange ideas and knowledge, help other people out and maybe even work in a team to create something, because boy is it tough to finish a game just by yourself.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Smiley
RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10970 on: May 01, 2019, 08:35:18 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Rob, and I've been into computing since about the age of 12, when my dad got me a good old ZX Spectrum 16K!

Spent most if my career as a developer for large global organizations in the fields of Telecoms, Finance & Order Processing.

Commercially, I've mainly used the language www.proiv.com, but I have coded personally in many others, and also love diving into the *UNIX kernels and scripting.

3 years ago my partner and I decided to try to write a game between us. She is the artist, and I'm the coder. We picked Unity3D, so I had to then get to grips with that and also learn C#.

We've been busy working on our first game since then, 'Something Ate My Alien' (www.somethingatemyalien.com) and hopefully are soon in the position to launch it!

I also love walking and trekking which gives me a little break from in front of the monitor, and keeps me kinda-fit Wink

Travelling is an absolute must, and I love it. We backpacked together around the planet in 2012 for 12 months, and love seeing different places.

I'm from the UK, but lived in Sweden, Australia and currently in Spain.

zengsadi
Level 0

zengsadi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10971 on: May 02, 2019, 02:22:10 AM »

Hi,I am zengsadi, an indie game develoer live in China.

I start making games as programer almost 4 years ago. I sometimes make some small mobile games for fun. Recenly I quit my job to make indie games what I want to challenge.

I am good at Unity engine and also like GameMakerStudio and pico-8.  Recently I start to learn pixel art to give more control of my game. And could draw something and put into game is very happy! Someday I would like to learn some 8-bit music!

How did I get into games?
When I was 6 or 7 years old, Kof is come to my town. Almost 20 years later sometimes I would play kof98 for fun. Fighting games are really interesting and very exciting.

After that like other gamers, I came into FC, GameBoy, GBA, NGC, NDS,3DS and PS4 now.

making a retro style puzzle platformer!
Twitter |Steam
Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: May 07, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »

Hi, my name is Deniz.

I am a solo video game developer in Turkey for about two years. It all began with the purchase of Gamemaker Studio from humblebundle.com. Then I resigned from my job and became a full-time developer. Now I am using Unity.

At the end of last year, I had the chance to turn my first primitive efforts into a video game and released a platform/adventure type game. The first thing I learned from my very first experience was that you always need someone to share your effort. I intend to communicate with other developers and players here which I've never done before.

TheSneaK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: May 09, 2019, 05:38:30 PM »

Hey, I'm Dean.

Been making games with old game maker for a long time, never anything serious up until now.

Working on a game with a friend atm, hoping to make something a lot more polished and thought-provoking.  Gentleman

Joined this forum to see if I could playtest some games and in return have ppl playtest our game!
skyvlasov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: May 10, 2019, 03:28:18 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am a part-time indie developer with fulltime work in a game development studio.
wktr_t
Level 0

tired.js

View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: May 11, 2019, 06:56:44 AM »

Hey there! My name is Victor, I'm kinda of a cheap artist and a programmer sometimes.

I write little prototype games for fun on my 2kb sized free time schedule.

Javascript is what I do most of the time, so I'm mostly talking about it.

Find me on Discord: @wktr_t#3117

PNelly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: May 12, 2019, 07:34:45 AM »

Hello,

My name is Patrick - I loved games growing up and I continue to dabble, though I have a lot more fun anymore building than playing. I'm becoming interested in the larger world of the games business in addition to individual titles.

Wishing everyone the best of luck in their endeavors large and small.
DryerLint
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: May 12, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »

Hi!

My name is Nick, and I am a hobbyist game designer with an overwhelming perfectionism streak that I probably need expensive therapy to correct. I've decided to sign up for TIGForums because I want to be a little more socially engaged. I joined the Unity forums a few days ago for that same reason. My goal is to eventually publish a DevLog here on TIGForums, but I first want to be absolutely sure I have an idea that won't devolve into vaporware before doing so.

My main fascinations (from a game development perspective) are procedural generation, vintage 3D engines (e.g., DOS 3D engines), voxel engines, AI, and... this list is really starting to run on.

Thanks for having me!
Kalther
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10978 on: May 13, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »

Hey guys,

My name is Artur, I've been failing at gamedev for the last 10 years, so much so that I ended up being a web developer about 5 years ago. Even though I still work full-time on VOD platform and I have a very good job, I can't seem to abandon my dreams and I keep pushing to make my magnum opus.

I played a lot of games in my youth and when I played one of the popular games in Poland called Bloodwars I decided that even though I loved it so much I felt I could do better. I learned PHP and made a multiplayer web browser game in 6 months, which was actually my first and only success in gamedev, as I was able to live off of it for 2 years. After that, I wasn't able to stick to a project long enough to finish it, as that failure stuck with me for 8 years. I finally broke it by learning C++ and started by making an engine based on SDL, so pretty base stuff. It paid off because even though my idea for next game changed 6 times I didn't have to start from scratch and I was able to move through looking at how much I already invested into it.

Ok, that's enough before I tell my whole life story in an introductory thread. Currently working on Soulash, an open world roguelike. Thanks for reading. Smiley

Artur ƚmiarowski
Soulash | Twitter | Discord
badwrong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: May 13, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »

Hi, I'm Nate.

After my previous 15 year career in other IT fields I ended up moving to Tokyo and started making indie games.
Still very new to it all, but you're not someone without a website right? http://badwrong.games/

My first game is out soon called Run Jump Rabbit Turtle.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1076050/Run_Jump_Rabbit_Turtle/

Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic