Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:31:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951407 times)
PatchesTheWright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: June 11, 2019, 05:49:35 PM »

Hello guys! My name is Jonathan, but you can call me Patches. I'm an aspiring Indie developer with small
experiences with 3 games that I did for some Games Jams. I work as a programmer being my main function.

How did I get into the gaming area? I would say it was because of my grandmother and my cousins ​​who were playing Sega Genesis
every day for the whole afternoon. Always when night came I kept thinking about how to beat certains games which were very difficult, well ... at least for me at the time. Then every weekend I went to my grandmother's house to play and beat the game for 100%.

Sonic The Hedgehog: My first game, and all my family queued in the room to play.

Golden Axe: One of my favorites, I always took Dwarf and my cousin took the woman of dragon spell in a co-op match,
we always died in the fake Medieval Darth Vadder, being one of the games that only managed to beat the game after old.

Street of Rage: This one had jumping attack abuse.

Flicky: Grandmother's favorite. I liked to help her escape from the cats and it's the first game that can beat as child.
It's not as easy as it sounds.

Thunder Force 3: I did not get tired to reset the game to hear the intro song, which I loved. The gameplay is incredibly difficult, the enemies were coming too fast and could not even pass the 2nd stage.

Since then as I grew up my cousins ​​always found a way to find more games, we got a super nintendo, we know the great classics of fighting games like Mortal Kombat 3, Killer Instict, more others consoles, more games and go on.
JavierRayon89
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11001 on: June 11, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »

Hey Patches! Good to have you here.

Working hard on Dream of Darkness, Lovecraft+Aztecs game!
PixeliteStudio
« Reply #11002 on: June 11, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »

Wow the first post is dated 12 years ago.. 12 years ago i was only 11, so you can guess my age from there!

Based in Singapore! I wouldn't call myself an experienced developer or something, but i started developing games since 2016, so far, most of the games i developed arent released to the world, because i just find it thrilling to be able to program games and seeing your character come to life in your own created world!

I am currently a university student, studying Information Security. Oh and recently i have started developing a PC game, inspired from the anime "That day i reincarnated as a slime" and platformer games such as Dead cells! Here's one of the screenshots to the game though, after 2 weeks of development.

It's a little bit more than a month since the start of my development journey by the way, and i have actually advanced a step further from what is seen above! I will probably post my devlogs and other game video, etc in other relevant forum posts! That's all and have a great week ahead! If anyone is interested, the game is called Slimorphorm, and i have a subreddit with around 80 members now! Just search for Sllimorphorm!
dopeMonkey
« Reply #11003 on: June 16, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »

Hi,

This is dopeMonkey.

I've never created a game before. I've never had a video-game-console in my childhood either.
It was only after i was around 15 that i started playing games on my computer.

I'm a user experience designer by profession and know some itsy-bitsy coding. Also, i'm not that bad at drawing <- Waaagh!
Recently i have had this urge to create a game and joining this forum is one of my steps towards that goal. <- Coffee

Although i have no idea where to begin when creating a game, but i'm gonna keep walking in the darkness and hitting everything on the way till i get a mental map of this arena in my head. Not stopping, i hope i will eventually figure my way out in this new world and will find my place in it. I Will!  Hand Joystick

So Cheers!

Toast Left Toast Left Toast Left Toast Left

Hand Point Right~ dopeMonkey.
Kempston
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: June 16, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »

Hey. I'm Yuriy. I live in St. Petersburg, Russia's second largest city.

I was fond of programming since childhood, and when I learned about WebGL technology, I started writing games. I don't know why, but it was WebGL that interested me the most.

I have a couple of games on social media. And now I've released one game and I'm working on the next one. Programming games is not related to my work, it is rather a hobby.

TobbleCobble
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11005 on: June 17, 2019, 03:05:08 AM »

Hello,

I am a trashy pixel artist and a kinda ok programmer
Trying to make some semi-okay decent games that don't totally suck
My goal is to start my own studio and make games for a job

My favorite game is all the Nintendo IP's all of them.

Thanks and bye
Also, my name is Toby
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: June 18, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »

Hey.

Narsiph is my Nickname. There is nothing more you need to know about me. You figure stuff out about me, if youre interested in what i am doing. And that is something you might stumble over at one day.

Stay crunchy.
TheKelsam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11007 on: June 19, 2019, 06:52:58 PM »

Hey everybody,

We're Sam and Kelsie, a married indie dev team operating under the name Kelsam. We're working on our first big game, Cymatically Muffed, right now.

We're both avid gamers and enjoy all kinds of video and tabletop games. Some of our favorite recent games are: The Sexy Brutale, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Heat Signature, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, TowerFall, and The Witness.

Sam - I grew up playing DOS Games like Hugo and Commander Keen. I've been obsessed with video games from the first moment I touched a keyboard. I've always enjoyed setting up LAN parties. Some of my favorite games over the years have been Unreal Tournament, Shenmue, StarCraft, Tron 2.0, and Worms Armageddon.

Kelsie - My dad was a big gamer when I was little and he introduced me to Diablo when I was 5. After that, I was hooked. I grew up playing all kinds of games with my dad and siblings on a variety of platforms. To date my favorite game is Skyrim, followed closely by D2 and TitanQuest.

We like games that we can play together with our friends and siblings and we're hoping that the local multiplayer capabilities on Muffed will help bring people back to the good old days of friends hanging out and playing games.
Eugeni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: June 20, 2019, 11:55:16 PM »

Hey. Gentleman
 I am a programmer. At work, I develop systems for business, and at night mobile games
I have 1 game in Google Play with the number of downloads 1 +.
Yes, I made the game a whole year at night for several downloads. WTF
Now I am developing a second game. I hope there will be downloads at least 100+ Cheesy
PlayerTwoGaming
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: June 24, 2019, 02:43:11 PM »

Hello, I am a game developer working on my first rpg game. My main passion is level design, but I enjoy programming as well
My dream is to either work for blizzard or start my own gaming company
Purple Jam Audio
Level 0

See our work at www.PurpleJamAudio.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11010 on: June 29, 2019, 03:02:26 AM »

Hello there! We at Purple Jam Limited are currently developing #PitchBlack : an original, immersive #audiogame project which features a complex, dramatic story-line told through the binaural medium. #indiedev #unity

We're very keen to build a community for our game through our #Discord which we will link with our other socials at the end of this post!

The aim of #PitchBlack is to deliver something which has rarely been seen by the gaming industry; an audio only game which features an immersive open world created with binaural audio.

We're very excited about the project which has already received a substantial backing in various forms, including support from the UK's leading blind charities upon the release of a Kick-starter for the game in September.

Our two main objectives are this; to create a compelling and gripping narrative driven by a lore rich universe, and to build a community which includes all of you in the creation of this undertaking.

You can find out more information at our Discord, which has feed links to all of our social media.

Thank you for taking a read!

https://discord.gg/e8xb2b4
https://twitter.com/dusklightpro

Binaural Speciailsts, Audio Game Creators, Sound Design Gurus, Compositional Savants, Trailer Developers, Purveyors of the Written Word.

Hear it all here: www.PurpleJamAudio.com
ZeroByter
Level 0

Video games are cool, making them is even more fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11011 on: July 02, 2019, 12:59:10 PM »

Hey!

I am ZeroByter, I'm an indie game developer, and I really like making video games Smiley
I started playing video games when I was about 8 years old, I would have the family computer's desktop full to the brim with links to all sorts of online flash games. Eventually I moved on to Supreme Commander 2 and Minecraft, and once I realized how many amazing games exist on Steam, my Steam library grew and grew.

I finally started teaching myself programming when I was 15, originally making weird, pointless Visual Studio WinForms and Python websites, then moved on to PHP websites and modding Garry's Mod. Until finally I got around to making Unity C# games, which is where I am at now.

I really love the game development process, everything from original programming, to the game design, and more. My favorite moment is when I actually get to release my game and read what people think about the thing that I have created.

So far, I have released two games on Steam, the first game did very poorly, but my second Steam game, Galactic Lander did much better.

I am currently working on my third game, Ten Days To War, and I plan to start posting more about it's progress & releasing a demo on this amazing forum soon!

I even have my own little website!,
Thanks!
suttebun
« Reply #11012 on: July 06, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »

hey, i'm suttebun. hello  Hand Thumbs Up Right

edit: games are very important, the current blanket-state of games could use a lotta love and creativity - do ett.
Morganism
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: July 07, 2019, 08:24:53 PM »

Hey I'm Morgan, long time lurker first time caller. I'm American/Kiwi living in New Zealand, my experience is in film post-production, but I've been wanting for a long time to try some personal game development. It's hard jumping into something new, not knowing where and how to start, so this is me just finally going for it and taking the plunge.

I love the indie dev space over the last several years, especially the re-imagining of older genres and styles that wouldn't otherwise be developed anymore. My inspirational games are still mostly the ones from my formative years: The LucasArts adventure games, especially Day of the Tentacle and The Dig, Warcraft 2, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Darklands, Final Fantasy 1, Half-Life, etc. I'm most interested in games as a storytelling medium, I love games with good character or story, which is supported by good art and gameplay, and I hope to make something like that eventually.

At the moment I'm getting my feet wet in Godot, a friend and I have started working toward making a Diablo clone together as a first exercise. I'll start a devlog thread for that soon to keep us motivated and share the fumbling progress. Thanks!
RepulseGames
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: July 08, 2019, 04:58:34 AM »

Hello, my name is July and I'm posting here on behalf of Repulse, the indie game studio that I am a part of.

Repulse was founded in December 2016 by inspired individuals who wanted to test the limits of what could be experienced through VR. We wanted to fly, fight, break things, feel like superheroes. The goal we have set for ourselves is to deliver to the world the immersive interactive virtual reality experiences that we have always dreamed of.

So far, we have released one major project to the public. It is called Experiment Gone Rogue and you can find it on Steam.
Please do keep in mind though that it is only playable in VR and you would need an Oculus Rift or a HTC Vive. For a little while now, we have been working on our next project called Iragon, but I will tell you more about that in another post. Not on this thread.  Smiley

We do have a website that you ca check out right here: http://www.repulse.com/Iragon/

Regarding how we got into gaming and game development, I don't think I can answer for the rest of the team. But we all got into gaming, one way or another. Some earlier in their lives, some later.

I personally started at around four years old, playing arcade games with my older brother. Countless hours and many coins were lost playing Snow Bros.

Later on PS1 games like Crash Team Racing, Croc 2 and Resident Evil.

On PS2 it was all about Shadow of the Colossus, Guitar Hero and Tekken 5.

Somewhere between the PS1 and PS2 eras I got into PC gaming. First it was simple platformers like Jazz Jackrabbit and Worms.

Later on I moved on to RPG and strategy games like Heroes of Might and Magic and Fable: The Lost Chapters. Currently I'm a big fan of the Souls games, The Stanley Parable and anything that I can play with my friends and colleagues. I'm not going to bore you with a list of all the games I have played, not that I could possibly remember them all, but I hope this gave you some idea of my taste for games.

I could go on and on about the games I love and I'm sure that everyone from our team could do the same, but there's a time and a place for everything and this ain't it.  Grin

Sorry if this post was long or boring for you. I promise that our future posts will only get better.

Thank you for reading. Smiley
BarbaAlGhul
Level 0

3..2..1... Let's Jam!

View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: July 09, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »

Hello everybody!

My nickname is BarbaAlGhul although a little search around will point you to my real name (since I don't hide it).

I'm a programmer basically, I worked as a developer for some time but I got so pissed at everything and everyone that I just quit everything, moved back to my home town and now I think it's a good time to a restart in life. And that's why I'm here, maybe I will give it a try at game development, since I'm gaming for a long time...

I was 4 years old when I got my first console, with my first game: it was a NES with Super Mario Bros 3.

I can't say how many times I played this game. Probably it's the game I have played the most.

After that, instead of getting new consoles, I got a computer and started playing computer games, so very early I played Doom II, Duke Nuken 3D, Diablo, Warcraft II, Age of Empires. My next console was a Dreamcast(and I played it a lot, really, I still love Sonic Adventure 2), and the last console I got from my parents(360/PS3 got out the year I finished High School), and that's why most of my life I was a PC gamer! (but I could always play console games with my friends). Later I got new consoles with my own money, but I was already an young adult at the time xD.

That said, I always had interest in developing games, early in my teens I got in contact with RPG Maker 2003, did some games using it and later at university when I started to program, I always searched for development frameworks, game engines, I played around with Unity, other frameworks too, but I never did something "for real".

I don't have any project to show right now, just ideas, but I think taking part here at the community can really help me to learn a lot and maybe in the end I put some work on my ideais and create games with them!
kietpham
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: July 12, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »

Hi everyone,

This is Kiet from Singapore-based Daylight Studios.
I am the one behind all the PR, social media and random sh*tposts of the company.

As the PR guy, I basically play a lot of games (not relevant but need to boast here hehe), both free to play (Pay to win) and paid games, but my favorite genres are ARPG and RTS.

I started playing games when I was 6, and my first game was Diablo 2 (yeah not the most player-friendly game ever, as I didn't even know how to write my mother tongue properly, so English as a foreign language was definitely out of the question back then). Also the game was probably not a legit copy (piracy is still a normal thing in Vietnam now, it was much worse years ago). It was definitely a very fun trials-an-errors experience for me, as I had to learn how to identify items based on different colors, as well as the length of names, or run through maps repeatedly just to randomly kill mobs and bosses until I could clear the level. Truly a grindy experience, but I had fun  Cool

So yup, nice meeting you all, and have a great day  Well, hello there!
kswillmeth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: July 13, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »

Hi! I'm ShyPoke. I am an artist and game developer, my favorite game is a tie between Spiderman, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, and FrostPunk. There are a ton of other games that I love but those stick out in my mind. Okay, now for why I'm here:

I am one of 6 members of a new game development company based in Kansas.

Our name is Dapper Rabbit Games. We started making games at the beginning of June after we all graduated, and have since released 4 prototypes.

We came up with a system that we are hoping will help get our name out into the world, as well as help us practice game development regularly. For our first year, we are going to be alternating between making a game a week for 4 weeks, then polishing one of those games for 6 weeks (the polished games will be released for a price, but the prototypes will be released for free).

We just finished our fourth prototype for this quarter, and are going to start polishing in a few days. During those few days I decided that I was going to try and find ways to increase our fanbase.

Lately it seems like we are just screaming into the void when we try to post our work, and so I've been searching for "ways to promote video games." This forum was a suggestion on one of my searches.

I'm not going to be spamming advertisements everyday. I'm learning how to get better with devlog posts. If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle promoting without being annoying, but still being effective, I'm all ears.

My goal while on this forum is to show off what we are working on, give updates on the company as a whole, and hopefully make some friends and connections while I do it Smiley

We are a company that has some big plans, and we want to put everything we've got into becoming a success. Hopefully this, and other forums will help us with that.

Below I've linked the devlog I posted on YouTube, as well as the link to our most recent game "Night Guardian," and the links to our social media stuff (including our Discord, which is the most fun, because you can chat with us about any games we're making at the time).

https://dapperrabbit.itch.io/night-guardian

Twitter- https://twitter.com/DapRabbitGames
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/dapperrabbi...
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/DapperRabbit...
Discord- https://discord.gg/9mkUbbq
Tinystuffz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: July 15, 2019, 01:46:49 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Tinystuffz, I'm a pixel artist and am currently developing a game called Theropods.

Other than pixel art, I've dabbled in stop-motion animation, painting and model making, but the one thing that has always been consistent is my love for games!

I grew up on Super Mario World, Warcraft, Diablo and Rebel Assault. The one genre that I massively enjoyed were point and click adventure games, some of my favourites being Curse of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky and Machinarium. So naturally that's the kind of game I wanted to make!

cubicle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: July 16, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »

Hello everyone,

we are a small team from Zagreb, Croatia united by our passion for video games. We are currently developing a game named Hero Swing VR (as you can guess it's a VR game).

Check it out here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021890/Hero_Swing_VR/

We are hungry for an excange of ideas with the TIG community.
Feel free to PM anytime guys and gals!

Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic