Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:41:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951262 times)
madclick
TIGBaby

Indie Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11040 on: August 29, 2019, 04:37:40 PM »

Hi I'm Chris and I'm working on hyper casual games on the mobile ios.
Developing on the Unity platform with Playmaker

-History with gaming
Heroes of Might and Magic 2,3,4
Temple of Elemental Evil
Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,4,5,7
Nintendo Classics
Super Mario 1,2,3 (Nintendo)
Starcraft 1
Warcraft III
Spikeout
Street Fighter 2 World Edition
The Last of Us
Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link
etc

-Current Play
Archero (ios)

http://bit.ly/This_is_Not_a_StarWars_Game
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:00:49 PM by madclick » Logged

http://bit.ly/This_is_Not_a_StarWars_Game
https://www.facebook.com/Nothingbutfun/
Indie Developer
Hyper Casual Games (similar to Ketchapp | Voodoo)
Trivia Word Games
CultistFactory
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: September 03, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »

Hi! I'm CultistFactory! I'm working on Cultist Factory! Obviously, it's really lucky that my parents named me that, given that one day I'd make a game called that! (I didn't see anything in the rules that I had to use my real name? That's cool, right?)

I'm doing the game all by myself, so it's going to take a while! Also, I'll be doing all the pixel art myself (which I suck at) so I'll be in the pixel art section of the forum a lot I'd imagine). Programming & design I'm alright at. XD

The game will be like Factorio/BigPharma/Production Line, etc in that it uses conveyorbelts, with all the cruncy gameplay interlocking lego goodness that they provide, but to sacrifice cultists to awaken cthulu. So you know, basically the same as Factoiro! XD

I've been told all good game devs are on twitter, so I joined. I'm @cultistfactory.

THS703Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: September 04, 2019, 06:08:38 AM »

Hi to all, I have created a new android game  called Planet Switch Wink. I spent a lot of time for it. I hope you will  enjoy the game . If you want to download it go here to amazon app store Shrug  https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07X9HRN84 . I will publish the game also to the play store and appstore    Smiley
apseren
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11043 on: September 08, 2019, 05:38:00 AM »

Hi, I'm Apseren and am an independent games developer. My most recent game is called Fuzzy and is about answering the question: How should we program self-driving cars to react in ethically difficult situations? Can be played on https://apseren.itch.io/fuzzy

the scaper
Level 0

just a guy being a dude

View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: September 09, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »

hi I'm the scape a first time game dev.

as someone who grew up hearing about the big indie success stories like:
SCP Containment breach
Slender: the eight pages
yume nikki
Minecraft
and ALOT more and so I decided to make my own game for once and do something with my life and maybe (just maybe) have people like a game I made

this is my signature
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: September 11, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »

Just a game dev who can't seem to finish his projects ever. Durr...?

hello
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:50 AM »

Well hey, I think a lot of people are in the same boat, so don't worry about it too much!

I do recommend changing your profile picture to a smaller one though (100pxx100px would be ideal) since larger profile images aren't automatically resized, and yours is quite big!

kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »

got my pfp fixed! used my little alien dude instead

hello
Red Phantom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: September 12, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

Hey everyone! You can call me Siavellez or Red Phantom.

I am very excited to have joined this amazing community full of people supporting each other.

I first began game developing when I was 12, I produced some indie games that were basically really bad. I was inspired into game development because of my love of games, and just the simple fact of how much enjoyment games have given me. Some of my favourite games growing up include:
- Rayman Games on Playstation 2.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Originals (Red/Blue & Explorers of Time/Darkness) on DS.
- Drawn to Life on DS.
- Ratchet and Clank games on Playstation 2.
- Bomberman Land (1 & 2) on DS.

All time favourite game/memories - Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc.

Also I'm not a fan of any rayman rabbids games for clarification

Some of you may already know me from the gamemaker community forums as "Red Phantom".

My all time favourite indie game:
- Astatine by Cesque

I wish Cesque still developed games but unfortunately I think he/she does not.
He/she had an amazing work in progress "Aeronesia" which he/she never finished.

I first played this game, "Astatine" by "Cesque" probably 6-7 years ago, 4 years ago I started doing
runs of the game again and it re-ignited my passion in game development and it made me begin my first serious game project!
So thank you "Cesque" for making that game.

Two other indie games I also love are:
- Assassing Blue by Banov
- Baghead Bandit by Alex Schacher

Is there anyone else out there that loves astatine, assassin blue or baghead bandit as much as I do?

I'm going-to/willing to test out games here so if you want your work in progress reviewed with feedback let me know!
It would be nice if I found simple indie or even non-indie games that I can add to my folder full of my favourite small games!

On a different note, I consider myself to be a novice game: concept, story and level designer as well as programmer.
I would also like to seriously improve my skills as a pixel artist and music developer.

Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:31:46 PM by Siavellez » Logged

alxgrade
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56:29 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex. I've already worked on several AAA games, but now I want to become purely indie game developer by myself. I can't choose which one is better, code or art, so I'm doing both things at the same time - and as indie-developer it is a completely fine, I guess. I will try to post frequent devlogs and will share knowledge that I have from old projects.

I can't say that I like any specific genres of games, but I really dig into games, that deliver some kind of feelings - like Ocarina of Time, MGS series or Journey. Feelings, that makes you cry, laught, smile and sad - this is what games are for me.
Leiss
Level 0

Composer, retro game enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: September 13, 2019, 09:09:45 AM »

Hi TIG! I'm a composer just on the mend from a brutal year of failed and shelved projects, hoping to get back into the game and stronger than ever~
KrokoStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: September 14, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Mathieu, french and playing games since I am 5 y/o. I mostly played online games like CS:GO, WoW and Silkroad. But I also have a strong love for the indie game community. With my bestfriend, we decided few weeks ago to start developping our own games on mobile. We are trying slowly to discover this world and after we hope to add a little of originality in it.
JackofTraes
Level 0

Technical Game Designer | Systems & Gameplay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11052 on: September 14, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »

Hello,

My name IRL is Trae but I also respond to Tera or JackofTraes.

At the time of this posting, I am currently working within the indie games space. I enjoy recreational simulations, RPGs, manga/anime, MMOs, party games (like overcooked), and multiplayer games in general.

Engine: Unity
Dev Role(s): Programmer C# (Indie); Systems Designer (AAA)
Education: Full Sail University (Game Design)
Favorite Games (All Time): Smash TV; FF Crystal Chronicles; Runescape (2007); Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland; Second Life; Guild Wars (2005); Don't Starve (Together, even!); Spiral Knights

I am always learning (which works out because I love it). I enjoy working with individuals that are passionate and talented with game development. In teams, I mainly take on technical or narrative roles - I am a very weak artist, but I may take up learning basic 3D modeling (probably low poly) and UI design in the future.

If you think I'd be a good addition to your team, definitely let me know - I will respond to serious requests as soon as I can!  Gomez
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:13:14 PM by JackofTraes » Logged

"I'm happy anyway..."
-NEON-
Level 0

Resonance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11053 on: September 16, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »

Yo! I'm -NEON-,or CryoGX in some other places. I got into gaming with the GameCube & Gameboy Advance, with Sonic and Kirby as my first real steps into the world.

Through my childhood I had a passion for (mostly Nintendo) games and wanted to replicate/appreciate the experiences in some way.

I drew Sonic since childhood and ended up becoming a digital character artist!

Messed around with a mobile DAW in middle school and now can compose my own OSTs.

Said "screw it I REALLY want to make games now" and just graduated with a B.S. degree in Computer Science (concentration in Gamedev).

Now I'm making my own full video game out of sheer passion for the idea and the medium. Sometimes I wonder why the heck did I want to be able to do EVERYTHING (in terms of making games), but I'm really glad I decided to take the challenge. Now I'm going all in on my own passion project, and feel like, with enough time and effort (and financial stability), I can tackle every problem I come across!

Every one of those things I mentioned individually is incredibly fun; it's even more fun to be able to utilize them all for the sake of your dreams!

I wish all of you guys the best of luck, and I hope to have some fun here, too!

ghostofpunk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: September 17, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm Noah, I'm a young adult who lives in America. I'm new to game development but I have played video games my whole life. Game development is just a hobby to me, right now I am studying to become a social worker. I work part time at a library and spend my free time playing Skyrim, Animal Crossing, Breath of the Wild, Minecraft, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Sims, Rain World, and Mario Kart Double Dash.

I really like games that have a lot of lore and stuff that I can read up on. I would love to one day create a world that has that immersive quality to it. So, my favorite games tend to be open world games, but I also love animals and plants so farming games are super fun for me.

Something I've always wanted to do is find an MMO that I can really find a community in and tell stories with. I also want to move to another country (someplace cold), but that's not game-related.  Tongue

Not much else to say, but I do foster kittens!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:44:37 PM by ghostofpunk » Logged
mh1373
Level 0

'ranian dev

View Profile
« Reply #11055 on: September 20, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »

Hello everyone, my name's Mahdi
I'm from Iran.

I first started programming in 2012. Always loved video games and grown up with them.
I started to get interested in game development as I learned more about programming.
I started a few projects in past two years and never really finished any of them.
But I still keep going and last month started a new project and I hope something fun to play will come out of this one.

I thought I should find a place to communicate people with same interests, and that's how I found this community.

if I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all.
Guppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11056 on: September 20, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »

Hello my name is Guppy I'm an artist. My favorite games are bayonetta , monster hunter, Pokemon. I'm gay and all i do is work so im not very interesting

JaniSomething
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: September 22, 2019, 03:21:56 AM »

Hey there!  Gentleman

I'm Jani from Slovenia, currently living in Barcelona. I'm working on a puzzle game in spare time with 2 friends, neither of us has prior gamedev experience. Don't know what else to say, I litteraly just discovered the forum and decided to join right away, no speech prepared or anything...

See ya in threads!
Foresight Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11058 on: September 25, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

Hello everyone!
We're a two person indie studio from Portugal, we love games with good stories and good gameplay, so we're building our own!

EmeraldPawn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11059 on: September 26, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »

Hello all!

My name is Kristian, and i am a Technical Designer from Sweden. My love for games started from a very young age, when i watched my dad and big brother play Super Mario World together on the SNES. I've always followed the Nintendo consoles since that early age, and The Legend of Zelda is the game series that has shaped me the most. Other than that, since i'm Swedish(PC nation through and through for decades), i've always been a PC kid, playing games from Heroes 3, to World of Warcraft, to Divinity Original Sin 2. My whole life i've built fantasy worlds and the rules they contain, from the games i played with friends fighting baddies with sticks in the forest, to the mechanics i've worked on with my current team in our startup company.

We are currently searching for communities to take us in to help shape and grow the weird Rave Horror game we are working on.

I love games, but i love creating games more.
Cheers!

Currently working on: Strobophagia - Rave Horror
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic